LONDON - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium / New White Hart Lane (62,214) - Page 4409 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which design do you prefer?
The KSS design 81 16.23%
The Populous design 418 83.77%
Voters: 499. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 16th, 2019, 09:42 AM   #88161
madadman

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicyouth View Post
The Killers announced as playing emirates stadium on June 6. You would have thought would have gone to our stadium unless we already have another concert booked in for around that date? I’m hoping Springsteen...

Problem our stadium will always have is that the Emirates is closer to central London and is easier to get to from there. Also spurs might want a summer clear between football seasons if theirs is anything that needs tweaking around the place.
madadman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2019, 01:18 PM   #88162
RobH

Likes (Received): 16965

Quote:
Originally Posted by madadman View Post
Also spurs might want a summer clear between football seasons if theirs is anything that needs tweaking around the place.
Well, that'd be a big change if so:
https://www.musicweek.com/live/read/...or-2019/072818

I'd expect announcements soon.
Old November 16th, 2019, 03:16 PM   #88163
JimB

Likes (Received): 7499

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Well, that'd be a big change if so:
https://www.musicweek.com/live/read/...or-2019/072818

I'd expect announcements soon.
Indeed.

If the stadium is to host gigs in 2019, they had probably better get on with announcing them fairly sharpish.

LAYiddo, EJG, GunnerJacket liked this post
JimB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2019, 07:54 PM   #88164
flierfy

Likes (Received): 693

The Lilies played their first game at the new Lane today. 38'262 turned up to form a record crowd in the Women's Super League.

Spurs hold now the attendance records for the Prem as well as the WSL.

JimB, EJG, chivers67 liked this post
flierfy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2019, 12:53 PM   #88165
TEDS

Likes (Received): 9

Did anyone see the recent press showing average premier league attendances? I can't find it now. It showed Spurs as behind West Ham and Arsenal in terms of the London clubs. Spurs were at around 98% and the other two 99.9%. Does anyone know (if they saw or can find it) if the measures are each club's reported attendances? i.e. Arsenal and West Ham report seats sold, including no-shows, whereas I thought Spurs report actual people through turn styles. (The article made no clarification of whether different measures were included). Thank you
TEDS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2019, 06:00 PM   #88166
LAYiddo
Not in L.A.

Likes (Received): 7992

I see they've installed some new signs..........

LAYiddo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2019, 10:21 AM   #88167
N17_Bishop

Likes (Received): 1487

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
Indeed.

If the stadium is to host gigs in 2019, they had probably better get on with announcing them fairly sharpish.

I’m sure one has been announced or leaked. We are supposed to be hosting the summer ball. It is being moved as Wembley is unavailable due to euros.

I can’t remember where I heard now as it was a couple months ago but defo in convo amongst staff.
N17_Bishop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2019, 11:18 AM   #88168
sonicyouth

Likes (Received): 1460

IMG_0868.JPG

EJG liked this post
sonicyouth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2019, 09:12 AM   #88169
Wine Gum

Likes (Received): 3043

Summary of Awards so far:

#Club#NewStadium#Awards
The latest recognition adds to a growing list of awards the stadium has received this year, including:
•Design Project of the Year @ The Building Awards
•Best Inclusive Building @ LABC Awards (for Tottenham Experience)
•WIN (World Interiors News) Gold Award – for the general concourse design in the Leisure and Entertainment Interiors category
•WIN (World Interiors News) Gold Award – for branding and wayfinding
•WAN (World Architecture News) Bronze Award – for architecture in the Leisure category
•Structural Steel Design Awards 2019 - Project of the Year
•Institution of Structural Engineers – Long-Span Structures
•Institution of Structural Engineers – Supreme Award for Engineering Excellence
•AJ Architecture Awards – Leisure Project of the Year

Bofrok, JimB, EJG, NeilCarter, RobH, LAYiddo, Throbby liked this post
Wine Gum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2019, 06:32 PM   #88170
CPS1

Likes (Received): 148

Question for those that follow stadium construction more closely than I: is it 'normal' for a new stadium to win a number of awards, or is it a result of Tottenham's new stadium being truly exceptional? Are people just impressed because these things don't get built often and so anything that's had 10 years to improve on the last iteration is a huge step forward? Did, for example, The Emirates win a slew of awards when it opened?
CPS1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2019, 08:57 PM   #88171
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 5087

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPS1 View Post
Question for those that follow stadium construction more closely than I: is it 'normal' for a new stadium to win a number of awards, or is it a result of Tottenham's new stadium being truly exceptional? Are people just impressed because these things don't get built often and so anything that's had 10 years to improve on the last iteration is a huge step forward? Did, for example, The Emirates win a slew of awards when it opened?
I would guess if it's not the norm it is fairly common. A lot of large scale architectural projects will win awards just for being the biggest and the latest of their category. Unless many other stadiums were completed in the same year as NWHL it was bound to stand out amongst newly finished projects, and even for categories with varied project types I'm guessing few matched the scale as your venue.

Doesn't mean the awards aren't deserved, just means that the particular categories and measures at play put such projects in rather exclusive company.

CPS1 liked this post
GunnerJacket no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2019, 12:49 PM   #88172
sonicyouth

Likes (Received): 1460

https://twitter.com/duncanweldon/sta...942420480?s=21
sonicyouth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2019, 01:38 PM   #88173
NeilCarter

Likes (Received): 6514

played around with some filters...

original
Old November 29th, 2019, 12:25 PM   #88174
RobH

Quote:
Our stadium project was named a winner in two categories at Tuesday night’s TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards 2019 held at Hilton, London Wembley.

TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards recognise leadership, innovation and achievement in the design, development, construction and refurbishment of major sports venue facilities globally.

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium was named Project of the Year for a completed new-build – or expansion, modernisation or major capital enhancement project of an existing venue – that has delivered on all its goals and more.

The stadium was nominated alongside leading schemes from around the world, including Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta; Chase Center, San Francisco; Coca-Cola Arena, Dubai; Allianz Field, Minnesota; Al Janoub Stadium, Al-Wakrah and Estadio Alfredo Harp Helú (Diablos Rojos), Mexico City.

Judges said: “This is a project which totally changes the football stadium landscape in the UK and Europe. The focus on the fan experience has driven every aspect of the project. The result is simply stunning.”

The stadium also picked up the Interior & Fit-Out Award, which recognises an interior, hospitality, fan zone, concourse or makeover project that sets a new industry standard for interior design and fit-out in major sports venues.

Judges added: “Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is a game changer from both a customer experience and commercial perspective.”
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...r-new-stadium/

https://www.stadiumdesignsummit.com/...rsBrochure.pdf

Last edited by RobH; November 29th, 2019 at 12:38 PM.
RobH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2019, 06:45 PM   #88175
chivers67

Likes (Received): 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAYiddo View Post
I see they've installed some new signs..........

Take it down he's scored only taken 69 games!

NeilCarter, LAYiddo liked this post
chivers67 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2019, 03:34 PM   #88176
ptrclrk

Likes (Received): 264

Hello people. I have been away a long time after moving to another country. So I’m out of the loop. I’ve tried to stroll some pages but not found info on what I’m curious about.. what’s the latest on the area south of the stadium? Are they boarded up? Any work been done? Any plans? Any revised plans? How about the high road west? I wasn’t sure if there was an another forum page elsewhere, I have difficulty searching SSC. Thanks people :-)
ptrclrk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2019, 08:53 PM   #88177
Wine Gum

Likes (Received): 3043

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrclrk View Post
Hello people. I have been away a long time after moving to another country. So I’m out of the loop. I’ve tried to stroll some pages but not found info on what I’m curious about.. what’s the latest on the area south of the stadium? Are they boarded up? Any work been done? Any plans? Any revised plans? How about the high road west? I wasn’t sure if there was an another forum page elsewhere, I have difficulty searching SSC. Thanks people :-)
The Council chose Lendlease as its Development Partner for the High Road West area and progress has been very slow with no planning submissions to date. The club own 2 parcels of land within this area and not surprisingly both have been progressed. The area known as the Goods Yard Site (used for the concrete batching plant and materials storage during the stadium build) has planning permission. The Council failed to determine the planning application in time and the club won on appeal.

http://www.planningservices.haringey...et?PKID=326265

The other area which used to be the old sainsbury’s store recently had a planning application submitted and is in the consultation stage.

http://www.planningservices.haringey...et?PKID=381957

Nothing has progressed to the south of the stadium. There have been rumours that the hotel will be started soon. The club did say the market was not right to start the flats in the current economic environment. I've heard nothing about the Extreme Sports building.

BillericaySpurs, EJG liked this post

Last edited by Wine Gum; December 2nd, 2019 at 09:01 PM.
Wine Gum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2019, 11:29 PM   #88178
We_all_loved_freund

Likes (Received): 25

Just seen a 5 second teaser on Discovery; picture of the stadium full, without a ‘lid’. A hand then comes in and puts the lid on with the narrator saying; ‘something big is coming to discovery’.

Looks as though the documentary is going to be on Discovery.... can’t wait!

Wine Gum, EJG, GeorgeC, RobH, NeilCarter liked this post
We_all_loved_freund no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2019, 04:34 PM   #88179
RobH

Done a bit of Googling, looks to me like it could be an episode of this:

Quote:
Top Gear and The Grand Tour star Richard Hammond is to explore the world’s biggest structures and machines in a new series for Discovery.

Named Richard Hammond’s BIG!, the ten part series see the award-winning host go behind-the-scenes of the largest structures and machines in the world to understand the science of ‘big’ – how engineers go about building, maintaining and using these superstructures.
https://www.seenit.co.uk/richard-ham...for-discovery/

A further bit of Googling of "Richard Hammond Tottenham" unearthed this...

Quote:
So, who was the famous face in the press room prior to the draw against Watford?

Well, it was none other than The Grand Tour presenter Richard Hammond.
https://www.football.london/tottenha...njury-17114587

EJG liked this post

Last edited by RobH; December 3rd, 2019 at 04:44 PM.
RobH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2019, 06:12 PM   #88180
We_all_loved_freund

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Done a bit of Googling, looks to me like it could be an episode of this:

https://www.seenit.co.uk/richard-ham...for-discovery/

A further bit of Googling of "Richard Hammond Tottenham" unearthed this...

https://www.football.london/tottenha...njury-17114587
Hmmmm, might not be the full build documentary that we’ve been waiting for; more of a superficial look at the finished article. Something to look forward to but I would still expect a detailed build documentary at some point.
We_all_loved_freund no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
england, football, hotspurs, populous, soccer, spurs, stadium, tottenham