LOS ANGELES - Dodger Stadium (56,000) - Page 40 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 12th, 2019, 08:37 AM   #781
EDBTZ

Likes (Received): 39

Is this the sports version of "I have a black friend"?

Every Latino on Earth could be a Dodgers fan, doesn't mean we have to whitewash history.

beezus liked this post
EDBTZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 12th, 2019, 06:51 PM   #782
pesto

Likes (Received): 4114

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDBTZ View Post
Is this the sports version of "I have a black friend"?

Every Latino on Earth could be a Dodgers fan, doesn't mean we have to whitewash history.
What arrogance! So some billion stupid Latino people could agree on their own history but you somehow found out the truth and are spreading it around to them?

Doesn't all that responsibility make you at least want to make sure you have your case tightly nailed down and aren't just being duped by some radicals aiming at getting independence for Atzlan or some such theory?

Seriously, explain why Latino mayors comfortably go out of their way to support the Dodgers in the face of 80 percent Latin residents. Cite some facts, dates, conversations, agreements, documents, etc., that these people are not aware of.

To help you get started, when I was growing up it was common knowledge that the area flooded annually, was a fire hazard, had poor water supply, etc. My mother and aunt had plenty of invective against Chavez Ravine, Bunker Hill (brothels and drug houses) and the pachucos that forced them to walk out of their way to go shopping. But you must already know all about that.
pesto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2019, 04:43 AM   #783
EDBTZ

Likes (Received): 39

Being a Dodger fan doesn't mean that you believe what happened didn't actually happen.

Nice little racist tidbit at the end, btw. I'm sure your mother and aunt are totally honest and unbiased.

beezus liked this post
EDBTZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 13th, 2019, 07:04 PM   #784
pesto

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDBTZ View Post
Being a Dodger fan doesn't mean that you believe what happened didn't actually happen.

Nice little racist tidbit at the end, btw. I'm sure your mother and aunt are totally honest and unbiased.
Racism? "Pachuco?" Get a life; that's a term of honor among those who follow it. At Latin weddings or quinceaneras you still get people showing up in full zoot suit regalia. I have gone with Filipino and Chinese members of my family who are into the badass look. Purists complain it I wear alligator shoes instead of black and whites.

As for my mother and aunt, they were just ordinary Latinas who knew right from wrong and didn't fall for b/s. They were uneducated but not ignorant. And for sure they would unleash a torrent of Spanish invective on the dopers and loafers on the street.

Btw, the dopers tended to be called (even by their families) "Dopey" or "Goofy" depending on whether they were glue sniffers or used goof balls. I remember being confused as to why there were so many people named Goofy and Dopey.
Old September 18th, 2019, 11:10 PM   #785
pesto

Dodgers need about 230k more in the last 4 games to hit 4M. That means they need to sell out and add some folding chairs in foul territory and the bullpen.

But in any event it will be around 3.97M, a club record and the highest for any team in the last 10 years.

aquamaroon liked this post
Old October 10th, 2019, 04:27 PM   #786
Tered

Likes (Received): 2682

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamaroon View Post

Wait 'til next year.
DITTO!
Old October 10th, 2019, 07:17 PM   #787
slipperydog

Likes (Received): 4486

On a positive note, the contractors now have a few extra weeks to work on the center field renovation project.

*Send PM for updates/edits/corrections*

Chevy114, FloridaKnight, will101 liked this post
slipperydog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 01:35 AM   #788
aquamaroon

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de Los Ángeles
Likes (Received): 7179

regarding Kershaw and Dave Roberts, if you don't have anything nice to say... and I'll leave it at that!
aquamaroon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 07:25 PM   #789
pesto

Big disappointment, but then again that's why baseball is like life. Every spring you stretch and limber up and tie your hopes and dreams to your strength and skills. All but one must fail, but the joy is in the competition and the small victories and the chance to come back the following spring.
Old November 13th, 2019, 07:58 AM   #790
JohnKay75
Stadium Lover

Likes (Received): 871

Outfield seating has been removed. Renovation has begun! I'll post a video soon.

Tered, Chevy114, aquamaroon liked this post
JohnKay75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2019, 08:11 PM   #791
slipperydog

Likes (Received): 4486

*Send PM for updates/edits/corrections*

Tered, Chevy114, will101, aquamaroon, EPA001 liked this post
slipperydog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2019, 11:39 PM   #792
BigB1967

Likes (Received): 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tered View Post
7/29/2019
Dodger Stadium $100 Million Renovation Preview in 2020

J.K.

Update:
As I suspected, the new 'Home Run Seating' will be exclusive & have their own entrances (today's pavilion entrances).
While the pavilion bleachers will now be accessed from above...
Question: Are they really not going to have any actual seats in the Pavillion Area, or is that just a rendering issue?
BigB1967 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2019, 11:03 AM   #793
Marckymarc
Namasté

Likes (Received): 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB1967 View Post
Question: Are they really not going to have any actual seats in the Pavillion Area, or is that just a rendering issue?
Bad rendering. According to what Kasten said the benches are staying. Not sure if they'll be new benches or if they'll reinstall the ones they're taking out but they were clear they wanted to keep bench-style seating for history/tradition sake.

BigB1967 liked this post
Marckymarc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 07:23 AM   #794
pesto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marckymarc View Post
Bad rendering. According to what Kasten said the benches are staying. Not sure if they'll be new benches or if they'll reinstall the ones they're taking out but they were clear they wanted to keep bench-style seating for history/tradition sake.
I don't really get that. On the same theory, should they also keep the old railings, food service, bathrooms, WiFi, etc., as well?

Benches have been removed from innumerable stadiums and tradition was not significantly affected. But comfort was improved.
Old November 16th, 2019, 01:41 AM   #795
Marckymarc
Namasté

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
I don't really get that. On the same theory, should they also keep the old railings, food service, bathrooms, WiFi, etc., as well?

Benches have been removed from innumerable stadiums and tradition was not significantly affected. But comfort was improved.
They've also been kept in many stadiums; Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, Cardinals, Giants, Rockies, Mariners, Pirates etc. Frankly I never found the Pavilion seats any less comfortable than the chair seats.
Old November 16th, 2019, 06:38 PM   #796
pesto

Quote:
They've also been kept in many stadiums; Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, Cardinals, Giants, Rockies, Mariners, Pirates etc. Frankly I never found the Pavilion seats any less comfortable than the chair seats.
I know they are still used for the cheapest, crappiest seats. I sat in them when that's all we could afford, but now greatly enjoy real seats.

Btw, once when I bought Rose Bowl tickets they warned ahead of time that if you have difficulty sitting or a history of back problems you shouldn't use them. I would guess their lawyers and insurance carriers force them to do that.
Old November 17th, 2019, 06:22 AM   #797
Marckymarc
Namasté

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
I know they are still used for the cheapest, crappiest seats. I sat in them when that's all we could afford, but now greatly enjoy real seats.

Btw, once when I bought Rose Bowl tickets they warned ahead of time that if you have difficulty sitting or a history of back problems you shouldn't use them. I would guess their lawyers and insurance carriers force them to do that.
Well flat benches without backs like the Rose Bowl are murder after an hour. Dodger Stadium benches have angled-back seats and seat-backs. MUCH more comfortable.
Old November 17th, 2019, 08:00 AM   #798
pesto

Quote:
Well flat benches without backs like the Rose Bowl are murder after an hour. Dodger Stadium benches have angled-back seats and seat-backs. MUCH more comfortable.
OK, I'm on-board. Go Blue! World Champions and 4M attendance for 2020!
Old November 17th, 2019, 04:53 PM   #799
JohnKay75
Stadium Lover

Likes (Received): 871

Temporarily removed but they are supposed to remain in the renovation.

aquamaroon, EPA001, Tered, BigB1967, Kenni liked this post
JohnKay75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2019, 07:22 PM   #800
Tered

Likes (Received): 2682

11/18/2019
Dodger Stadium $100 Million Renovation Aerial Update Nov '19

J.K.

EPA001, redspork02 liked this post
Tered no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement