MIAMI - Marlins Park (36,742) - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 02:11 AM   #21
Yankeebiscuitfan

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRhino View Post
their grand plans are the most suprising. I think most MLB fans assumed that team was gone--whisked away to Portland or Indianapolis. I hope they get that new stadium off the ground though--its awesome.
A new stadium would help to draw more spectators. But I think that they should build a contending team first or at least a team with a winning record. That will draw more fans. I think that the stadium that they are planning is too big for the area. Florida is a football state. If I was the Rays' owner, I would aim for a 30,000 - 35,000 seat stadium with a possibility to expand.
Yankeebiscuitfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 22nd, 2008, 02:26 AM   #22
ElVoltageDR
Happy to be here

Likes (Received): 72

Wow, that is crazy. Makes me kinda jealous. The Mets are getting a nice stadium, but the design is pretty generic. You could find more than 2 similar stadiums across the league (thanks in part to the fact that HOK has designed so many of the new stadiums)
ElVoltageDR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 02:45 AM   #23
VisionMIA
----------------->

Likes (Received): 644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
A new stadium would help to draw more spectators. But I think that they should build a contending team first or at least a team with a winning record. That will draw more fans. I think that the stadium that they are planning is too big for the area. Florida is a football state. If I was the Rays' owner, I would aim for a 30,000 - 35,000 seat stadium with a possibility to expand.
Miami is full of latinos that love baseball that live in this neighborhood where the stadium is going.. talking to people here they are excited the stadium is taking the Orange bowl site. This city love this team regardless of their past. Yes this is a football town but believe me the city knew that this location would be best. the team was paying way too much to have a home here and most those earnings went to heuizinga's dolphin stadium.. let's face it the team always had to get rid of star players because they can no longer afford them. with this stadium belonging to the Marlins will be a plus..which means more earnings more stars more in attendance..
VisionMIA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 22nd, 2008, 02:55 AM   #24
eMKay

Likes (Received): 227

That's amazing, completely different than most new ballparks. Exterior is very european.
eMKay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 03:31 AM   #25
Hia-leah JDM

Likes (Received): 11814

Quote:
The stadium looks nice. But I really don't get it how the city of Miami could fall for the blackmail of Loria. They'll be wise if they will keep the team in Miami for the next 50 years. Otherwise Loria will move the team somewhere else if they don't draw over 2000 fans per game.

I know baseball is business. But Loria is only interested in making money. He doesn't give a damn about the fans. Why else would he trade away Cabrera and Willis to the Tigers? He already killed a franchise. The man is no good for baseball.
In the agreement which by the way has just been passed by both the city and county, so construction is a sure thing now, the Marlins will change their name to the Miami Marlins and cannot leave the city for the next 40 or so years, so none of that will happen.
Hia-leah JDM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:07 AM   #26
Yankeebiscuitfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionMIA View Post
Miami is full of latinos that love baseball that live in this neighborhood where the stadium is going.. talking to people here they are excited the stadium is taking the Orange bowl site. This city love this team regardless of their past. Yes this is a football town but believe me the city knew that this location would be best. the team was paying way too much to have a home here and most those earnings went to heuizinga's dolphin stadium.. let's face it the team always had to get rid of star players because they can no longer afford them. with this stadium belonging to the Marlins will be a plus..which means more earnings more stars more in attendance..
I hope you are right. But I think the only reason that the Marlins are trading their emerging stars is because Loria is too greedy. Besides the new stadium that they will get, it is exactly the same scenario as with the Expos. Loria dealt away all good players so the team sucked. And then blaming the fans for not showing up...
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:26 AM   #27
ElVoltageDR
Happy to be here

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
I hope you are right. But I think the only reason that the Marlins are trading their emerging stars is because Loria is too greedy. Besides the new stadium that they will get, it is exactly the same scenario as with the Expos. Loria dealt away all good players so the team sucked. And then blaming the fans for not showing up...
Yeah Loria is terrible. I wonder why he still owns a major league team...
ElVoltageDR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:29 AM   #28
Yankeebiscuitfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElVoltageDR View Post
Yeah Loria is terrible. I wonder why he still owns a major league team...
I still think that he is responsible for the demise of the Expos.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 05:07 PM   #29
VisionMIA
----------------->

Quote:
geezus! I remember that..I really do hope your wrong. otherwise Miami will be doomed!
we're putting a lot of money into this for this man to blow it away..
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:30 PM   #30
bixa louca

Likes (Received): 6

Mmm... I'm not too sure I like the design. I'm not sure why. I'm glad it's not a 'retro' stadium like the rest, but I don't know. I guess I wish they went more the way of the Devil Rays and their stadium....

Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:22 PM   #31
Hia-leah JDM

Likes (Received): 11814

That whole scenario will be very different from what the picture shows. Instead now the football stadium will be demolished and the whole property will be for the new Marlins stadium. future plans also call for a possible MLS stadium next to it.
Hia-leah JDM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:55 PM   #32

Puts the Yankees and Mets new stadiums to shame, it's modern and moves on the past, something, that whilst looking at the Mets and Yankees new stadiums, baseball is failing to do.
2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:00 PM   #33
dave8721

Likes (Received): 6507

It never gets over about 95 degrees in South Florida but during the summer it rains alot though not really during the times when most games are played 7:00 to 10:00, most rain is during the mid-afternoon hours.
dave8721 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:17 PM   #34
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 5097

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 View Post
Puts the Yankees and Mets new stadiums to shame, it's modern and moves on the past, something, that whilst looking at the Mets and Yankees new stadiums, baseball is failing to do.
This is a matter of taste and opinion. I find this design intriguing but not particular cup of tea. Besides, we're talking about completely different markets and completely different franchises. If the Yankees went completely modern the fan base would scream "blasphemy!"

My biggest concern with this, even though the design is preliminary, is the one exterior side that appears to be mostly solid cladding (behind 3rd base side in picture above). Doesn't appear to be engaging for a largely residential community.
Old February 24th, 2008, 08:39 PM   #35
nyrmetros

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hia-leah JDM View Post
That whole scenario will be very different from what the picture shows. Instead now the football stadium will be demolished and the whole property will be for the new Marlins stadium. future plans also call for a possible MLS stadium next to it.
What's the deal with a MLS stadium ?
nyrmetros no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 11:50 PM   #36
Jackie003
OK Blue Jays!

Beautiful Stadium

If the Rogers Center/Skydome (Toronto Blue Jays) and Safeco Field (Seattle Mariners) got it on, this would be their love child haha.

I'm happy Miami Marlins got this done, would have sucked if they relocated considering they are 2 time champions.

Toronto: Hockey Capital, Universe.
Jackie003 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:08 AM   #37
TheRhino

Quote:
The Marlins have had quite a bit of success, considering how new of a team they are. It doesnt help when you have an owner that will rid the team of talent, stars, and fire your Manager of the Year.
TheRhino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 01:32 AM   #38
rantanamo

Likes (Received): 367

I'd rather have a team with a front office that's willing to gut the team and start over and then WIN again, like the Marlins have done a couple of times. The Rangers haven't even come close to any of this.
rantanamo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 06:40 AM   #39
VisionMIA
----------------->

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
I'd rather have a team with a front office that's willing to gut the team and start over and then WIN again, like the Marlins have done a couple of times. The Rangers haven't even come close to any of this.
yeah thats one of the things we always discuss down here.. gut the team. Load it up with young future superstars. give them 5 years to mature then you add a couple of veteran hitters and pitchers just to tweak it a bit. spend the extra money and boom you got the Florida Marlins a title. gut them out again after their value goes up and startover.
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:49 AM   #40
TheRhino

Thats a horrible way to keep fans. As a fan of a team who has been rebuilding since I could understand baseball, I couldnt even describe to you how pissed off I would be if the Brewers got rid of Prince Fielder, Ryan Braun, Ben Sheets, Corey Hart, etc. to rebuild with (yea!) more prospects.

Did Florida even give a second thought to signing Cabrera? The guy is a beast and it would be nice for your team to have at least one guy to show up for. Dan Uggla and Hanley Ramirez will be gone in a matter of years and then its back to having nothing.
TheRhino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
baseball, florida, miami, united states