Newcastle United - Match Reports and discussions about "on-the-field" performances - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Newcastle Metro Area

Newcastle Metro Area For Newcastle, N Tyneside, Gateshead, S Tyneside, South Northumberland

Old October 20th, 2009, 11:37 PM   #21
maxtoon
Southeast Geordie

Likes (Received): 8

shocking ... bloody shocking !!
maxtoon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 21st, 2009, 10:49 PM   #22
Irish Blood English Heart
Letting off the happiness

Likes (Received): 380

It's good being a Sunderland fan at the moment.

Although I'm actually one of the rare breed who like all the N.Eastern teams to do well (as long as we come out on top!).
Irish Blood English Heart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:58 AM   #23
maxtoon
Southeast Geordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blood English Heart View Post
It's good being a Sunderland fan at the moment.

Although I'm actually one of the rare breed who like all the N.Eastern teams to do well (as long as we come out on top!).
well .. at last we're not Boro fans

shame
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 24th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #24
johnnypd

Likes (Received): 1233

not going too well.
johnnypd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #25
johnnypd

Carroll equalises.
Old October 24th, 2009, 07:03 PM   #26
Geordie Ahmed

Likes (Received): 1

and Nolan grabs the winner right at the end

Still worried - we should be hammering teams like Doncaster at home
Geordie Ahmed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 07:15 PM   #27
johnnypd

highest attendance in the country today, over 43k. wonder when the last time a championship club achieved that. not bad for a so called 'small club'.
Old October 24th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #28
Geordie Ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypd View Post
highest attendance in the country today, over 43k. wonder when the last time a championship club achieved that. not bad for a so called 'small club'.
Its bloody amazing when you consider we have the worst owner imagineable who is trying his best to wreck this season for us

I think the mackems got an attendance higher than that when they got promoted - tho i think that was a case of fans turning up for the celebrations
Old October 24th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #29
Dan_NUFC

Likes (Received): 3

Aye, Sunderland's average that season was below 30,000. I am proud that our attendances are so high, it's bigger than our attendance last season against Wigan which says a lot.

We were poor today, Carroll missed an absolute sitter, easily the worst miss I've seen at an NUFC game. His goal made up for it though, and a great finish by Nolan too.
Dan_NUFC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:29 AM   #30
Geordie Ahmed

Club no longer for sale - Hughton named as permanent manager, given a contract til the end of 2010/11 season

wallbash:
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:36 AM   #31
johnnypd

Ashley putting naming rights of SJP park up for sale...
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:49 AM   #32
Dan_NUFC

Likes (Received): 3

He needs to be forced out of the club, this is getting beyond a joke now, we definitely won't put up with it.

I am getting unbanned from Newcastle-Online any minute as well! I can't wait to vent my spleen.
Dan_NUFC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 02:52 AM   #33
hollow man

Likes (Received): 25

Thoroughly, thoroughly depressing news tonight.

Renaming the stadium?? ******* diabolical tbh.
hollow man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 03:08 AM   #34
maxtoon
Southeast Geordie

this is a f***ing disgrace !!!

anyone want to buy a season ticket

as for the 'Sports Direct Stadium' deal ..
Old October 28th, 2009, 04:06 AM   #35
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Likes (Received): 792

I was going to come on here and say, if Ashley is actually going to invest in the club, run it the way it should be run, and not try and runaway from it whenever things get tough, then let him stay.

Fair enough, under him we got relegated, due to lack of investment, but noone can argue that the likes of Owen, Martins, Duff, Jonas, Enrique, Taylor, and some of the others should of been enough to keep the club in the premiership.

The only thing I can suggest now, is if the NUST (who I admit I'm not a fan of, I don't like any group who asks the fans to pay up to have a say in their sport/team and pay other fees like season tickets) buy say, a share of the club (not all of it) which is enough to let the fans have a fair say in running it, and hopefully part of it would also mean we get the stadium rights, or atleast we control what happens to the stadium rights.

Shit choice of manager though.

Newcastle Metro Area
bigchrisfgb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 05:53 AM   #36
Geordie Ahmed

You cant buy a share unless its up for sale - Ashley owns the club 100%, you honestly think he will give a share to a supporters club?

Im actually not that bothered about the naming rights - end of the day we will all still call it St James Park, and if some company is daft enough to pay us good money to be associated with this circus then so be it

I just dont trust Ashley to run this club properly - he has shown he doesnt know his arse from his elbow when it comes to running this club. It doesnt take a lot of money to run this club properly, it just requires some common sense which he doesnt seem to have

Whilst he remains i dont have any hope for the future - we all know that any decent young players we have will just get sold off as soon as they can command a decent fee, i could on and on about this BUT i shall refrain - just gets me angry
Old October 28th, 2009, 07:26 AM   #37
Comfortably Numb
Goddess of Winter

Likes (Received): 310

All I know is that I want to see Newcastle United back in the Premier League, where they belong....challenging for the title. Newcastle is a HUGE club and I really want to see you guys bounce back. I always used to think that if anyone should break into the Man United/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal top 4, it SHOULD be Newcastle United (or maybe the team I support, i.e. Wolverhampton Wanderers).

Good luck getting back up....because when you get back up, you'll be stronger than ever.
Comfortably Numb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:28 PM   #38
hollow man

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
All I know is that I want to see Newcastle United back in the Premier League, where they belong....challenging for the title. Newcastle is a HUGE club and I really want to see you guys bounce back. I always used to think that if anyone should break into the Man United/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal top 4, it SHOULD be Newcastle United (or maybe the team I support, i.e. Wolverhampton Wanderers).

Good luck getting back up....because when you get back up, you'll be stronger than ever.
I highly doubt it. As long as Mike Ashley is in charge, Newcastle United will never be a success.
hollow man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 03:19 PM   #39
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Likes (Received): 2076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post

Thanks for the comments.

I never thought of us as a club that 'might' break into the so-called 'top four' as we had very often been in-or-around the very top of the Premier League, challenging for the title, long before and during the time the media-created NAME "big four" was invented

As our Premier League postions in some recent seasons show, we qualified for and played recently in the Champions League more regularly than only the recent four teams, and of course, if not the Champions League we were in the UEFA Cup (which we had WON previously) most years . . .

1993/94 3rd

1994/95 6th

1995/96 2nd

1996/97 2nd

2001/02 4th

2002/03 3rd

2003/04 5th

2005/06 7th

Our current decline is totally down to Ashley and (as Chris says) as long as he is here the 'most success' we will ever have is to possibly win this seasons Second Division, to give it it's real name.

Last edited by Newcastle Historian; October 28th, 2009 at 03:46 PM.
Newcastle Historian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 09:31 PM   #40
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Likes (Received): 792

So what do you all think of our chances tomorrow? I myself can see too complete situations.

1. We play like we have for the last few games, and get nothing out of the game, Sheffield United are a better team then others we have came up against, and in my opinion, would be more able to punish us.

2. We play like we did at the start of the season, everyone going for every ball, high tempo, lots of over lapping and off the ball runs etc. This way I would imigine that we should be able to get all thee points against Sheffield United.

In all honesty though, I think it's going to go the way of point no 1.

Newcastle Metro Area
bigchrisfgb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
football, newcastle, newcastle sport, newcastle united, north east sport, soccer