LONDON - Wembley Stadium (91,000) - UEFA EURO 2020 - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 11th, 2004, 08:10 PM   #81
ManchesterISwonderful

Likes (Received): 0

May Day Stadium is 60m high, plus it's got a running track, with means it's got a bigger circumference than normal football grounds. You plank. Yes it looks that big.

1.92 sq indeed. LOL LOL LOL, which is a three seater sofa per person space, not including leg room LOL LOL LOL.

You've never been to a football match, so you can't comprehend the amount of space you're talking about. Enough area for a 170-190,000 K stadia indeed. LOL LOL LOL

Last edited by ManchesterISwonderful; July 11th, 2004 at 08:16 PM.
ManchesterISwonderful no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 13th, 2004, 09:22 PM   #82
nick_taylor

Likes (Received): 10

I do who to really laugh at - ManchesterISwonderful or raswok15 - you've completely took this out of context and reworded what was a trivial little exercise - the Stade de France accomodation area plonked into the new Wembely - not too hard to figure out what I was trying and how it all works out
nick_taylor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2004, 09:51 PM   #83
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Here's your original statement:

Quote:
the new Wembley could seat some....................197,714!!!!!!!!!!
So, being the world renowned expert on everything that you are, explain to me how you'd fit close to 200,000 people into Wembley Stadium.
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 13th, 2004, 09:56 PM   #84
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Misinterpreting? You said that the new Wembley Stadium could have a capacity of 200,000 and I'd just like to know how that could be accomplished.
Old July 13th, 2004, 10:01 PM   #85
nick_taylor

If you take a look here - http://www.wembleystadium.com/brilli..._design-68.htm - I took the accomodation figure for the Stade de France for a capacity of 80,000 and plonked it into the 173,000 figure for Wembley - a simple transplant calculation - nothing sinister or devious - something trivial and something I did in like 2mins. The calculation is simple when you look at it. In other words I was taking the Stade de France accomocation area with its capacity and placing it into the accomodation of the new Wembley and repeating the process of accomodation area + capacity of the Stade de France into the new Wembely to fill up all the accomodation area.........not too hard to really get your head around!
Old July 13th, 2004, 10:08 PM   #86
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Yeah, but most of the accomodation area has nothing to do with the seating area, or does it?
Old July 14th, 2004, 11:33 PM   #87
Socket Monster

This is what i got confused about earlier.

If the same seating space was put in to the new wembley as the stade de france then surely it wouldnt be 197000!

To do this accurately you'd need to know the exact dimensions of the seating areas and seats in both stadia.
Socket Monster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2004, 11:42 PM   #88
nick_taylor

Look its a wee simple transplant calcualtion I did in 2mins, taking the stade de france accomodation area and capacity and placing and mulitplying to fit into the new Wembely accomodation area as a comparison! Nothing to hard to look at....but obviously simple little calculations defy some peoples minds
Old July 15th, 2004, 01:15 AM   #89
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Then tell us how they'd fit 200,000 people into the new Wembley. Does accomodation area only refer to the seating area?
Old July 15th, 2004, 01:37 AM   #90
raswok15

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampflamm
Then tell us how they'd fit 200,000 people into the new Wembley. Does accomodation area only refer to the seating area?
In the hope that Nick stops reposting his fantastic calculations again (please) - the actual floorspace of the new wembley bowl/seating area is 47,136sq.m and not 173,000sq.m (see earlier posts).

............or is he going to be gracious enough to admit that he simply got the figures wrong ! (it can happen to the best of us - maybe even you Nick!). Or are there more calculations that you have not shown us - I am intrigued

Last edited by raswok15; July 15th, 2004 at 02:45 AM.
raswok15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2004, 01:26 PM   #91
Skyscraperkid2K4

Likes (Received): 1

Guys who cares about how much it can hold, 90,000 is enough anyway i think.

Besides its the largest, greatest and best looking around to date so...... forget the seating lol

Anyone planning to get tickets for Wembleys first game?
Skyscraperkid2K4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2004, 04:00 PM   #92
Socket Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick-taylor
Look its a wee simple transplant calcualtion I did in 2mins, taking the stade de france accomodation area and capacity and placing and mulitplying to fit into the new Wembely accomodation area as a comparison! Nothing to hard to look at....but obviously simple little calculations defy some peoples minds

I think its the intentional misleading nature of your calculations and your refusal to admit exactly what you were saying...
Socket Monster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2004, 12:54 AM   #93
nick_taylor

Right some people are getting confused - I took the figures from WNSL's website - so no misleading nature whatsoever - infact it takes the Stade de France figure and the Wembley figure You might argue with the actual figures, but I was just taking the figures from here, ie a compairson of stadia :

http://www.wembleystadium.com/brilli..._design-68.htm

and here we go

Wembley - 90,000 - 173,000sq.m
Stade de France - 80,000 - 70,000sq.m

Now I did a wee quick calculation where you take:

Wembley Accomodation Area*
Stade de France Accomodation Area*

173,000*
70,000*

= 2.471...

Wembley / Stade de France Accomodation Area x Stade de France Capacity*

2.471 x 80,000* = 197,714

All sourced from the WNSL site of a comparison - so there you go

* http://www.wembleystadium.com/brilli..._design-68.htm
Old July 17th, 2004, 04:04 AM   #94
raswok15

... in capital letters (and underlined) just for you Nick

ACOMMODATION AREA floorspace is NOT the same as BOWL SEATING AREA floorspace

Incase you missed it earlier:
the bowl seating floorarea of the new wembley is 47,136sq.m and not 173,000sq.m.

I am guessing but the bowl seating floorarea of stade de france is proabably around 40,000sq.m give or take a little. Maybe you want to get hold of this figure if you want to do a crude BUT REALISTIC comparison - I think you will find the new wembley capacity figure with std de france type seats will be no way near 197,714 !!!!

As you are fond of calculations heres one I think you will enjoy and may want to consider using in the future:

rough capacity figure of new wembley with average sized stade de france seats =
new wembley bowl seating floorarea X capacity of stade de france
stade de france bowl seating floorarea

The calculation you used, to put it kindly, is pointless and your comparison with stade de france unrealistic. Ever heard of the term comparing apples with pears.Some may have begun doubting you Nick ......but I reckon you are still gracious enough to admit you were wrong and that you were trying to dig yourself out of a very big hole.

Last edited by raswok15; July 17th, 2004 at 04:13 AM.
Old July 17th, 2004, 02:42 PM   #95
nick_taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raswok15
I am guessing but the bowl seating floorarea of stade de france is proabably around 40,000sq.m

How ironic

Like I said - I took the Stade de France accomodation area with its associated capacity and transplanted it into the new Wembley accomodation area. I also used the source that is from the WNSL site which has a COMPARISON of both the Stade de France and the WNSL. I have also not created myself a hole - I've told you now on several occasions that what I am talking about is totally different to what your talking about (your referring to bowls, I'm referring to transplants of the Stade de France into the New Wembley ). But hey - we will all just have to wait and get inside the stadium - it afterall boasts of having seats which are on average more spacious than the Royal Box seats of the old Wembley - and if that aint a sign who knows. May I also point out that I have in no way criticised your method, I would ask some respect for my quick 2min method of comparisons

Old July 17th, 2004, 03:09 PM   #96
ManchesterISwonderful

I'm looking forward to seeing the near 2m sq seating space. (a three seater couch per person )

197K indeed.

btw, since your trying your best to dig yourself out of a hole. Only the people in the stadium(those who have a view of the pitch) are counted as part of the capacity. So, you can't count the accomodation space a part of any calculation for projected capacities.

The stats you've posted also incoporate the accomodation area. Which are the corporate and other such areas inside and behind the stands. (God, just how many times does it have to be pointed out).

One of the main reasons why Wembley is so expensive, is down to the amount of hospitality boxes and other corporate stuff that's getting built. It's the same reason why the corners at OT are so expensive. United've got more corporate stuff planned for those corner extensions, than any other stand. (NO! WE CAN'T USE THE ACCOMODATION AREA IN THERE AS PART OF THE CAPACITY or potential capacity LOL )

cue......the same daft calculations.

Not the brightest are you.

Last edited by ManchesterISwonderful; July 17th, 2004 at 03:21 PM.
Old July 17th, 2004, 03:21 PM   #97
raswok15

197,714 !!!!

If you are comparing accomodation area then why on earth are you quoting a bullshit seating capacity figure of 197,714 !!!! (as any plank would have gathered by now, from the many other posts in this thread, that it would not be possible with stade de france type seats).

If you would have stuck to your comparisons in stating ...
that the new wembley will have more catering floorspace, toilets, larger concourses.. (as afterall that is what accomodation area includes) then I and I suggest many others would have respected your words.

I am prepared to respect others but not when they are being blatantly moronic with the facts and manupulating them for their benefit ..and it does not help when they do this on a repeated basis and for some reason manage to find a way to quote this silly 197,714!!! figure in many other threads.

Last edited by raswok15; July 17th, 2004 at 03:32 PM.
Old July 17th, 2004, 03:27 PM   #98
ManchesterISwonderful

Does roof space count as well?

Imagine how many the new Wem-ber-lee could hold if they actually counted the roof space!

Just done a quick two mins calculation.....and the new capacity is 230,000!

Shit..... what about car park space? I presume it's bigger than the Stade de France's! surely we can add that to the calculation!

Last edited by ManchesterISwonderful; July 17th, 2004 at 03:32 PM.
Old July 17th, 2004, 03:34 PM   #99
nick_taylor

Moronic - your the one guessing and I'm the one just using a comparison - fair as that is I've also stated that I'm using accomodation area coupled with capacity and in that respect the figures are right - there's nothing to deny with this! Yes you have come up with other figures....but my figures are standing nonetheless for a comparison of accomodation area coupled with capacity which are transplanted into the WNSL - there is no fault whatsoever with this method
Old July 17th, 2004, 03:47 PM   #100
ManchesterISwonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick-taylor
Now your just being stupid

you're.

I've got to say you're the most moronic person I've come across on here.

197,714 capacity indeed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
football, london, soccer, uefa euro 2020