#PROJECT-Umm Al Quwain: AL SALAM CITY - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Other Emirates Projects > Northern Emirates

Northern Emirates Projects in Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Quwain, and Fujairah

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 4th, 2008, 07:38 AM   #101
komer64

Likes (Received): 1

can anyone help me to attche some pictures for alsalam city. i am having problems, as i cant paste them and the insert attachment icon is expecting a URL loction.
komer64 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2008, 08:37 AM   #102
Kairi

Likes (Received): 0

You can use the following link to put your picture:
http://www.imageshack.us/
Kairi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 09:26 PM   #103
komer64

picture update

Kairi... thanks for your help, please try the following link for the pics. what you see in the pics is only the model homes, and these are not part of phase one. The amount of sand dunes that need earthwork ( shifting) is huge and will require a colosal effort, time and money, i just hope that Taamer will find a contractor to take the project becuse from what i gather the contractor on site now is only contracted for the model homes only

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/komer2/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 5th, 2008, 02:42 PM   #104
Kairi

AL Salam City

Thanks Komer64 for the pictures. Hopefully Al Salam City Phase 1 will be ready in 2009.
Tameer just delivered Al Dana II in IC:
http://www.tradearabia.com/news/news...L&artid=136611
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:35 AM   #105
dubaiote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
Thanks Komer64 for the pictures. Hopefully Al Salam City Phase 1 will be ready in 2009.
Tameer just delivered Al Dana II in IC:
http://www.tradearabia.com/news/news...L&artid=136611
Hope they do as well. I wonder what price appreciation for the 2br townhouses for Phase I is like. At a launching price of @500k AED, I think Tameer prices in the project are truly unbeatable. Of course they can only go up, as you cant even buy a studio at that price in Dubai... And Dubai is only 40minutes drive away...But then again the disadvantage is that it is only leasehold.
dubaiote no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 06:21 AM   #106
Kairi

Al Salam City appreciation

I think the two bed townhouse is now in re-sale at 600K AED. There is no big difference between 99 years leasehold and freehold...
Ajman went up by 30% after the annouce of the plan to build an Airport.
For sure Umm Quwaim will increase given the close locationto Ajman.

Emirate City and Uptown Ajman are close to Al Salam City...
RAK is booming too which not far from Umm Quawaim.

Also, Dubai prices are out of reach of many middle class famillies that will push them to move to Ajman and Umm Quwaim.
Old January 31st, 2008, 09:33 PM   #107
komer64

i heared that the the shiek of Umm Al QUWAIN is still not given his approval for the development to go ahead and he is not in full agreement with Tameer. can anyone confirm or deny this story.
Old February 1st, 2008, 05:39 PM   #108
alifarshi

can some one send here al Ghadeer ditals plz
alifarshi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2008, 04:20 PM   #109
Kairi

reply to komer64

I never heard about this rumor. Tameer already in middle of building the model houses in Al Salam City.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 04:28 PM   #110
Kairi

Al Ghadeer project

Developer web site:
http://www.sorouh.com/Developments/O...Details/?did=8

Forum
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=15981467
Old February 5th, 2008, 10:47 AM   #111
alifarshi

thank you @kairi
alifarshi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:28 AM   #112
komer64

tameer just confirmed that due to some unforseen event ( Electricity power Supply) the completion date will be revised. until the completion date is agreed no payment is to be made. contact them to confirm this arrangment. my worries were confirmed. it does not look good guys.
Old February 19th, 2008, 12:47 AM   #113
smshah
uk

i personally dont think this is a big problem. A major city of al salam city being constructed is going to have problems, this is normal. If one building in dubai under consruction is having a delay , i would think a construction of a whole city to have quite a few delays and problems. this is normal.
smshah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 02:09 AM   #114
dubaiote

Quote:
Originally Posted by smshah View Post
i personally dont think this is a big problem. A major city of al salam city being constructed is going to have problems, this is normal. If one building in dubai under consruction is having a delay , i would think a construction of a whole city to have quite a few delays and problems. this is normal.
Are you sure about the payment freeze since I am supposed to pay an installment for my property early next month. Please let me know who told you such, or who can confirm this.
If they do confirm that no payments are due until the problem is solved, then this would mean that the delay is substantial. The contract explains that the company is fine delivering properties that were scheduled for March 2009 in November 2009. We should expect over 7months I would assume for people who were expected to receive them in March 2009
Old February 19th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #115
komer64

To Smasha. i agree with you if the city is under construction, but nothing has been constructed yet, and only god know when it will start. ( please do not mention the model homes). actual work in phase one is zero.

To Dubaiote. please dont take any action without contacting the customer care section of Tameer in sharjah and they will confirm all. i am aware of the 8 months delay in the contract to hand over the uints, but this stoppage in not the normal delay that all project developers are building in the contract. they call it "unforseen events" .

Last edited by komer64; February 19th, 2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old February 19th, 2008, 05:11 PM   #116
smshah
uk

how can u say he work is zero? have u seen the previous pictures in this forum showing picures of villas and townhouses in construction? i spoke to al salam city customer care manager today on 0097144075529. She said that their is certain delay in construction progress in al salam city. she said to stop sending payments until a new completion date has been set and completion schdule are determinded.

THEY ARE NOT SAYING THAT THE PROJECT HAS BEEN CANCELLED!

i have invested in 6 other projects in dubai, all of them are delayed. A project of this size has to be delayed. Look at King abdullah city in saudi developed by EMAAR even that is delayed at the moment. At least tameer is being fair and not continueing to recieve our payments while the project is delayed. The original payment schdule was set accordingly to the construction schedule.
She said to cal bk in a month and i will be notified of the new date and the new schedule.
Old February 19th, 2008, 05:15 PM   #117
smshah
uk

she also said that the delay is more than 6 months thats becoz their is a stop in collecting payments. The contract allows a 6 month delay but no longer.

She said after a month when a new date is set and if it is definetly more than 6 months we are entitled our money back in full what we have paid.

is this a good deal?
how much al salam city property appreciated in the past 2 years?
i bought a 2 bedroom apartment in al murooj for 567,000 AED. This counds very cheap compared to today prices around dubai and anywhere else? am i wrong? Investors of al salam city please advise me.
Old February 19th, 2008, 07:08 PM   #118
komer64

to smshah- you just mentioned that she said that they will pay our money back if they delay is more than 6 moths. and i am afraid that will be the case, becuse if you bought a small townhouse for 499k or a big townhouse for 650k or 3 bed for 750k at today's price it will be impossible to build these uints for these sort of prices, and not to make a loss bearing in mind that a studio in dubai is sold for 600k. therfore it is what you call a "damage limitation" it is better for the developer to call off the plan and pay money back+intrest than go ahead and loss a big buck.
i have visited the site and i have posted some photo in the past , so i know there has been no construction activities apart from the model homes. the pics that you have seen are for the model homes and they may be demolished later.
i hope i am wrong and the project goes ahead. we will have to wait and see
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:50 PM   #119
dubaiote

Quote:
Originally Posted by smshah View Post
she also said that the delay is more than 6 months thats becoz their is a stop in collecting payments. The contract allows a 6 month delay but no longer.

She said after a month when a new date is set and if it is definetly more than 6 months we are entitled our money back in full what we have paid.

is this a good deal?
how much al salam city property appreciated in the past 2 years?
i bought a 2 bedroom apartment in al murooj for 567,000 AED. This counds very cheap compared to today prices around dubai and anywhere else? am i wrong? Investors of al salam city please advise me.
I have not talked to the customer service yet, and hope that a solution can be found for the problem soon.

Personally, i think it is not a very good deal for investors since we could have invested in a different property and received a higher appreciation. Similarly, for people that bought from the secondary market, it would not be fair for them to be paid back the original price only since it does not cover the premium paid to the reseller.

I think Tameer is a reputable company and they would not mess around with their reputation, but it is unfortunate for people that were expecting to move into their properties next year...
Old February 19th, 2008, 09:12 PM   #120
dubaiote

Quote:
Originally Posted by komer64 View Post
to smshah- you just mentioned that she said that they will pay our money back if they delay is more than 6 moths. and i am afraid that will be the case, becuse if you bought a small townhouse for 499k or a big townhouse for 650k or 3 bed for 750k at today's price it will be impossible to build these uints for these sort of prices, and not to make a loss bearing in mind that a studio in dubai is sold for 600k. therfore it is what you call a "damage limitation" it is better for the developer to call off the plan and pay money back+intrest than go ahead and loss a big buck.
i have visited the site and i have posted some photo in the past , so i know there has been no construction activities apart from the model homes. the pics that you have seen are for the model homes and they may be demolished later.
i hope i am wrong and the project goes ahead. we will have to wait and see
I agree with you komer64 that the construction prices have increased greatly and that it is more and more difficult to sell property at the prices that Tameer was initially doing in AlSalam City.

I heard that they are selling at such a lower price because the government of UAQ initially gave them the land for free, in order to complete such a fantastic project. I have a feeling the UAQ government might be rethinking their options and strategy which explains the deadlock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement