#PROJECT-Ras Al Khaimah: MARJAN ISLAND - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Other Emirates Projects > Northern Emirates

Northern Emirates Projects in Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Quwain, and Fujairah

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 15th, 2008, 08:50 PM   #101
Morrismarina

Likes (Received): 0

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/52478...w-power-plants

RAK plans four new power plants
by Andy Sambidge on Tuesday, 15 July 2008

POWER ON: Plans have been revealed for four new electricity plants.

Four new electricity plants with a total capacity of 740MW are to be built by the Ras Al Khaimah Government.

And plans for a 2,000MW plant to meet the needs of the emirate's future expansion are being studied, said Dr Khatir Massaad, economic advisor to the government and CEO of Ras Al Khaimah Investment Authority in an interview with UAE daily Business 24/7 on Tuesday.

The first plant at Al Hamra, with a capacity of 120MW, will become operational in November.

An 80MW plant at Al Ghail Industrial City and another with a capacity of 40MW at Al Hamra will be ready for operation in June 2009. The combined cost of both plants will be $120m. And the fourth plant, with a capacity of 500MW, is due to open in September 2010.

The plants will be entirely owned by the government, which will charge customers the same as the Federal Electricity and Water Authority.
Morrismarina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 21st, 2008, 01:38 AM   #102
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 56

Stallion to build Dh1.2b Greek-style luxury residences on Marjan Island

July 21, 2008, 00:05

Dubai: Stallion Properties on Sunday launched the Dh1.2 billion Greek-style development on Marjan island in Ras Al Khaimah, in line with plans to raise its total portfolio in the UAE to around Dh4.5 billion.

The Santorini development will comprise 560 units covering an area of just over 463,000 square feet. The units will consist of Aphrodite townhouses, Zeus villas, Apollo condos and Artemis luxury condos.

Construction will begin in October this year and is expected to be complete in 2011.

Marketing alliance

Stallion Properties has tied up with Aspire Real Estate to assist with sales and marketing of the Santorini project.

Speaking at the launch, Harry Kantaria, chairman of Aspire Real Estate, said: "The Santorini project fits perfectly into the Marjan island development and is a fine example of the creative foresight of the Ras Al Khaimah market." Naresh Mehta, CEO of Stallion Properties, said the infrastructure on Marjan Island is "going very well".

The units of Santorini are being sold in packages of seven, as the main aim is for investors to make money from resales. The cheapest package is available for just over Dh10 million.

Marjan Island is a Dh6.6 billion project and one of the major developments underway in Ras Al Khaimah.

The mega-project is a mini archipelago, as it is made up of five man-made islands which spread across 2.7 million square metres.

On completion, Marjan Island is destined to stretch over two kilometers into the Gulf.

Mehta also said Stallion Properties has plans to launch two towers in Palm Jebel Ali at a cost of around Dh3 billion, increasing the company's portfolio to around Dh4.5 billion.

The proposed name of the Palm Jebel Ali project is La Passion at the moment, as Mehta wants the towers to be "all penthouses". "I want to change the skyline of the UAE," Mehta said.
Old July 21st, 2008, 02:29 AM   #103
dubai_nomad

Likes (Received): 1

RAK a good investment?

This was taken from http://www.homethoughtsfromdubai.com/

"It is nice when stories and views expressed by Home Thoughts gets endorsement or coverage in the wider global press. This week my caution, and some of the data that I gathered to support my views, on the outlook for Dubai/UAE property was endorsed by two leading international estate agencies. Yes there is an increasing opinion shift that maybe 2010 will be the peak in this ‘property circus’. Given that I have been swimming against the ‘tsunami’ of belief that there would be NO adjustments until 2015, I am not sure whether I am flattered or concerned for the level of personal wealth I have tied up in the Region. I however remain of the view that we are all safe for the remainder of 2008 and probably the first 4 months of 2009. After that you might want to join me on the (sex-free) beach. But fear not.

There will still be ways of making money in Dubai/Abu Dhabi. Just it won’t be in property. You people investing in RAK, or Ajman can just go out to the garden and light a bonfire. With your money. Its gone. Its already probably too late. But with Dubai/Abu Dhabi there will be many services and support businesses where we can all make money. So stay positive."

Im alittle concerned with the highlighted text above. Anyone else having second thought on RAK or Ajman?
dubai_nomad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 21st, 2008, 05:09 PM   #104
casj_75

No not really.......especilly with all new dvelopments having escrow. Prices are about 1400-1600 ft.2.......

Last edited by casj_75; July 26th, 2008 at 10:45 AM.
casj_75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 07:10 PM   #105
999bbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubai_nomad View Post
This was taken from http://www.homethoughtsfromdubai.com/

"It is nice when stories and views expressed by Home Thoughts gets endorsement or coverage in the wider global press. This week my caution, and some of the data that I gathered to support my views, on the outlook for Dubai/UAE property was endorsed by two leading international estate agencies. Yes there is an increasing opinion shift that maybe 2010 will be the peak in this ‘property circus’. Given that I have been swimming against the ‘tsunami’ of belief that there would be NO adjustments until 2015, I am not sure whether I am flattered or concerned for the level of personal wealth I have tied up in the Region. I however remain of the view that we are all safe for the remainder of 2008 and probably the first 4 months of 2009. After that you might want to join me on the (sex-free) beach. But fear not.

There will still be ways of making money in Dubai/Abu Dhabi. Just it won’t be in property. You people investing in RAK, or Ajman can just go out to the garden and light a bonfire. With your money. Its gone. Its already probably too late. But with Dubai/Abu Dhabi there will be many services and support businesses where we can all make money. So stay positive."

Im alittle concerned with the highlighted text above. Anyone else having second thought on RAK or Ajman?
It depends how much you paid om AMI -- I suppose at 900 to 1,000 aed psf money to be made quick -- at 1, 500 it will be two years before your money is made

Ajman is around 510 to 600 for individual res. now so those who got in at 410 to 480 ish are ok --
999bbb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 08:27 AM   #106
234sale

Likes (Received): 26

[IMG]http://i38.************/znx36r.jpg[/IMG]
Old July 22nd, 2008, 10:53 PM   #107
999bbb

Is that your back garden on AMI island Sale ?
Old July 24th, 2008, 12:23 PM   #108
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Aakar goes green with Dh600m luxury hotel and residential project

on Thursday, July 24, 2008

Aakar Marjan Island's first venture is going green. The latest international green design and construction guidelines will be implemented in its Dh600 million luxury hotel and residential project, said Aakar's CEO and President Yadvinder Singh yesterday.

"The initiative involves the implementation of the appropriate latest international design & construction guidelines such as Leed NC, Ashrae 90.1 and Ashrae 55," Singh said, adding that measures would be taken to conserve energy and water resources during the designing of the project.

Compliance to 'Green building codes' can increase the performance of structures by more than 30 per cent, according to recent studies, thereby prompting developers to recognise the role of the physical environment on occupant productivity and life-cycle cost of buildings. In line with this, Aakar said it would be implementing a sustainable design approach for the construction of project located on the Al Marjan Island in Ras Al Khaimah.

The developer is taking steps to transform the conventional methods being used at present by the real estate industry into a more sustainable form. Located on the first man-made island community project in Ras Al Khaimah, the luxury development will offer a five-star hotel and a wide selection of freehold apartments.

"Amidst the booming calls of environmental awareness, it is not surprising that investors and end-users are now more attuned to the benefits of 'green building codes'," said Singh. "Our effort to implement sustainability is aimed at streamlining our processes while reaping the rewards of managing a high-performance structure. We are proud to be one of the first to adopt this massive environmental directive in Ras Al Khaimah, and we hope that this will start a trend among other private and public organisations in the emirate."

He is certain the investors will appreciate these steps.

With a landscape that comprises fertile agricultural plains, a coast, desert and mountains, it is essential for developers building within Ras Al Khaimah to adopt measures that will ensure the protection of the emirate's natural resources. Singh says that by incorporating good practices that result in environmental protection, energy efficiency, water conservation and possible usage of renewable energy in the project, Aakar is not compromising on the water and air quality, or the degradation of the ecosystems.

"Venturing into this project within a strategic location is an outstanding opportunity for us to attract high-profile investors, and at the same time establish our commitment to adhere to industry best practices and benchmarks of a 'green development'. As a developer, we acknowledge the current challenges with a high sense of responsibility and we pledge to take part in the resolution of the most pressing environmental concerns being faced today," said Singh.

Scheduled for completion in 2010, each of the rooms, suites and residential units within the project is set to feature luxury amenities and will allow for great views of the Arabian Gulf.

Aakar Marjan Island is a joint venture among Aakar Developers, Kayi Construction and Taranjit Sahni, an entrepreneur with global expertise in the real estate arena. Prior to its union with the Turkey-based development and construction company, the leading Canadian real estate developer had launched the Dh200m Canada Business Centre Tower, which is currently under construction at the Business Bay in Dubai.
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:57 PM   #109
Irishka

Construction Update

Does anyone have any knowlegde what is the current plan for completion of island #5 and the whole Marjan Island?
Irishka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 08:53 PM   #110
casj_75

I see Santorini and Bad al Badr goes for like 1400-1500 per. sqr. foot....

Last edited by casj_75; July 26th, 2008 at 10:47 AM.
casj_75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:13 AM   #111
dubai_nomad

Likes (Received): 1

Does any one have any pictures of island 4?
dubai_nomad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2008, 09:50 AM   #112
999bbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by casj_75 View Post
Any ideas about resale price per sqr. foot on on the PACIFIC?
full sea view.

I see Santorini and Bad al Badr goes for like 1400-1500 per. sqr. foot....
I would have thoought resales are at about what you paid - SP wil have built in plenty of appreciation - ask SP they have a resale dept. ?
Old August 28th, 2008, 02:27 PM   #113
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Kumho awarded part of $99.5m RAK contract

South Korean builder Kumho Industrial Co has been awarded a part of the infrastructure development contract on the Al Marjaan Island, being developed in Ras al Khaimah.

The $99.5million (Dh360m) contract involves the construction of roads and other infrastructure development on the first man made island project in the emirate. With the reclamation work on Ras al Khaima's first man made island, Al Marjan Island complete, the stage is set for the infrastructure development said Khater Massad, Chairman of the Rakeen board of directors and chief executive officer of Ras Al Khaimah Investment Authority (Rakia).

Speaking to Emirates Business, Massad said Rakia has earmarked almost $300m for the development of infrastructure. "Around $100m will be spent during the first phase while $200m has been earmarked for the second one. Kumho Industrial has already started working on the project," said Massad.

The $1.8billion project is the very first man-made island that is being built in Ras al Khaimah. The development will comprise waterfront homes, floating villas, hotels, resorts, sporting facilities, a marina, a water theme park, and commercial areas. The dredging and land reclamation work was completed in July.

To enhance the project's environmental qualities, the dredging, reclamation and rock revetment works will reject 'hostile dredging' techniques and instead utilise modern land reclamation techniques such as full pre-fill bunding, underwater sand pumping, and deep-sea sand quarry outsourcing.

According to officials of Dredging International, which carried out the reclamation work, these techniques ensured zero dredging, zero siltation and zero material migration, helping maintain the crystal clear waters around the islands, rich seabed and lush marine life. According to Massad, the first phase of infrastructure development will be completed in 18 months.
Old September 5th, 2008, 09:06 AM   #114
mantapla

http://www.zawya.com/Story.cfm/sidZA...gReal%20Estate

Any news about Regency???
mantapla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 08:52 PM   #115
uae_guy

GLobal Sea View

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantapla View Post
Hi Igor, I have found: Marbella Bay, Harbour Beach Residences - Aakar, Bab Al Badr, Santorini, Bab Al Bahr, The Quay. Nothing more, hope soon..
Anyone heard of the launch of the Global Sea View project on AL MArjan Island by BestHomesEmirates. Studio's @ 1200psf and 30K for parking.

Cheers
uae_guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 06:21 PM   #116
Danny123

Global Sea View

Hi

Yes global sea view is soon going to be launched and yes prices are around 1100-1200 aed pr. sq.ft. BUT this is pr. sq. ft GROSS AREA and not NET AREA.....if you take NET AREA price it is 1500-1800 instead......

Lots of studioes avalible but without balony!

But nice complex though.....
Danny123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 07:17 PM   #117
999bbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny123 View Post
Hi

Yes global sea view is soon going to be launched and yes prices are around 1100-1200 aed pr. sq.ft. BUT this is pr. sq. ft GROSS AREA and not NET AREA.....if you take NET AREA price it is 1500-1800 instead......

Lots of studioes avalible but without balony!

But nice complex though.....
Also adding in 30k aed on 500 sqft Studiom for parking comes @ +60 aed psf - is gross to include corridors/common areas as some developers have in Dubai thesedays ?
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:00 AM   #118
rudeboy

guys i have already invested in the pacific does anyone know of any more good investment on marjan island? I prefer buying direct from the developer. anyone? also am a newbie on this forum ..

can someone explain to me what #approved, #construction #project mean? sorry but I had to ask just to be sure :P
rudeboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 03:09 PM   #119
Ben40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubai_nomad View Post
Does any one have any pictures of island 4?
Check the Pacific site..
Ben40 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 05:13 PM   #120
kuttika

investment

hi check bab al bahr with rakeen directly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboy View Post
guys i have already invested in the pacific does anyone know of any more good investment on marjan island? I prefer buying direct from the developer. anyone? also am a newbie on this forum ..

can someone explain to me what #approved, #construction #project mean? sorry but I had to ask just to be sure :P
kuttika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
artificial island