[Prague] Outer Ring - Page 9 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Czech Forum

Czech Forum České fórum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Old January 10th, 2009, 01:50 AM   #161
tersyxus
The downtown droid

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokpit View Post
These asphalt roads under the bridge and at the parking lots make me think that Strabag has made quite some efforts to keep the construction site in order. Or were these roads already there before construction began? In Hungary I can hardly find a motorway construction where asphalt is laid on the ground for heavy trucks and workers' cars, although it would be pretty ideal avoiding everything from getting messed up after heavy rains.

Last edited by tersyxus; January 10th, 2009 at 01:55 AM.
tersyxus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2009, 08:54 PM   #162
mapman:cz

Likes (Received): 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersyxus View Post
These asphalt roads under the bridge and at the parking lots make me think that Strabag has made quite some efforts to keep the construction site in order. Or were these roads already there before construction began? In Hungary I can hardly find a motorway construction where asphalt is laid on the ground for heavy trucks and workers' cars, although it would be pretty ideal avoiding everything from getting messed up after heavy rains.
Hm, those are only ordinary streets, those were there before the construction began. Roads in construction site are really messy, although they are often made of crushed stone.
Old January 12th, 2009, 01:14 PM   #163
Marek.kvackaj

Likes (Received): 17

...I have been there 6months ago (went to motocars and then looks around ) and since looks like really big progress have been done ..nice nice ..I cant wait when Prague Outer Ring will be done...

any info how it all cost?
when will be done all project?
thx guys
Marek.kvackaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2009, 02:59 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek.kvackaj View Post
...I have been there 6months ago (went to motocars and then looks around ) and since looks like really big progress have been done ..nice nice ..I cant wait when Prague Outer Ring will be done...

any info how it all cost?
when will be done all project?
thx guys
Constr.parts 512-514 D1 - Jesenice - Lahovice - Slivenec have total costs of 6,5 + 9 + 12,3 mld CZK (bil AmE-wise). Summed up it's around 1050 mil € for approx 23 kms of ring road, incl. two double-tubed tunnels (total 3,5 km), 5 ecoducts, many bridges (longest one is viaduct over valley of Vltava and Berounka rivers with total length of 2,3 km and interchange in between).

Scheduled opening is May 2010, realistic one end of 2010.

Another planned part form D1 to D11 is scheduled to be constructed within four years (2012), hopefully. There are some problems with zoning decision.
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:21 AM   #165
alesmarv

Likes (Received): 28

would anyone ever be interested in creating a layer for google earth with all the planned, under construction, built highways/motorways in CZ?

it would be pretty cool...though really it should be ceskedalnice.cz that should do this, definitely a worthwhile project for them.

the reason i say this is because its such a pain in the ass trying to find info, maps and put it all together etc. google earth would be absolutely perfect.
alesmarv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by alesmarv View Post
would anyone ever be interested in creating a layer for google earth with all the planned, under construction, built highways/motorways in CZ?

it would be pretty cool...though really it should be ceskedalnice.cz that should do this, definitely a worthwhile project for them.

the reason i say this is because its such a pain in the ass trying to find info, maps and put it all together etc. google earth would be absolutely perfect.

Yeah really pain in the ass. And time-consuming. It would be really appreciated, we don't have time enough to improve our site the way we want to, not even making other things we don't have skills for like GoogleEarth. We'd love to see something like that happening. If you want some documentation, just ask or download maps of projects from RSD or our site and make it happen.

Or set up your own site with maps and documents...
Old January 30th, 2009, 09:34 AM   #167
kokpit
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

Nice November pic from Lahovice

December
kokpit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 09:39 AM   #168
kokpit
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

Yesterday photos

kokpit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:20 PM   #169
earthbound

Likes (Received): 271

Lahovice - Radotin 08/02/2009

earthbound no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2009, 12:25 PM   #170
BND
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by alesmarv View Post

Do you mean something like this?

http://www.turboupload.com/files/get...xpressways.kmz

I've made it in GE about the Hungarian network. Most of the routes are accurate, but there are ones which I haven't found any plans about (or officially not planned at all), so they are fantasy.

Last edited by BND; February 11th, 2009 at 07:15 PM.
BND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2009, 12:32 AM   #171
earthbound

Likes (Received): 271

Lahovice - Radotin 08/03/2009

more: http://foto.ceskedalnice.cz/vase-foto/090308-R1/
earthbound no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2009, 09:27 PM   #172
X236K

Likes (Received): 76

wow, nice pictures. Advancing fast. I did not see any picture for more than 2 months...
X236K no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:54 AM   #173
borkosiu
nosce te ipsum

Likes (Received): 671

amazing construction i wish we had any that fantastic ring in polish capital yet:/
borkosiu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2009, 12:39 PM   #174
historyworks
Perpetual Bohemian

Likes (Received): 332

Is there any discussion what happens post-peak oil if there are not any cars to use these fantastic structures? Will they have another use? Should the money be invested in the rail system?
Old March 24th, 2009, 04:10 PM   #175
Qwert

Likes (Received): 3939

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyworks View Post
Is there any discussion what happens post-peak oil if there are not any cars to use these fantastic structures? Will they have another use? Should the money be invested in the rail system?
Maybe they will be used by different cars which don't need petrol products. But, that's of course very unlike scenario. More probable is of course that entire idea of individual transport will be abandoned and there will be only public transportation.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 06:10 PM   #176
Bobek_Azbest
Blah blah blah

Likes (Received): 89

Are you serious? People won't completely abandon cars, "just" because the oil runs out; that's a very naive idea.
Bobek_Azbest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 10:12 PM   #177
Dorcadion

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobek_Azbest View Post
Are you serious? People won't completely abandon cars, "just" because the oil runs out; that's a very naive idea.
...it is not question of naive idea or people's wantings - the pressure of not very optimistic future economical/ecological/political situation in the World will solve it probably very brutally. And societies (countries) which will be prepared for it, will be in great advantage. Puting heads into sandpile, believing to unlimited economic growth and consumption is the same utopia as communism.

In Czech - look here http://zlomropy.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Dorcadion; March 24th, 2009 at 10:25 PM.
Dorcadion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 10:34 PM   #178
Norkey
BANNED

Likes (Received): 24

There will be always some cars, and some transport on the roads.. only it's fuel will be different from fuels we use now. And more cargo will be transported via railroad, I hope so!
Norkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 12:30 AM   #179
X236K

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyworks View Post
Have you ever visited this page? www.theoildrum.com

I'm afraid that peak oil is past. Hard to say how could those roads look like after 20 years, without maintenance funding...
Old March 26th, 2009, 12:31 AM   #180
X236K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorcadion View Post
...it is not question of naive idea or people's wantings - the pressure of not very optimistic future economical/ecological/political situation in the World will solve it probably very brutally. And societies (countries) which will be prepared for it, will be in great advantage. Puting heads into sandpile, believing to unlimited economic growth and consumption is the same utopia as communism.

In Czech - look here http://zlomropy.blogspot.com/
I don't like that site... it is not balanced and also very "doomy".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: