#PROJECT-Ras Al Khaimah: BLU MIRAGE - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Other Emirates Projects > Northern Emirates

Northern Emirates Projects in Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Quwain, and Fujairah

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old February 15th, 2008, 08:41 PM   #81
dubai_nomad

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer51 View Post
Yes i agree balconies will be nice.

When i went to the Xmas exhibition in London I was told that 5 of the towers in the BM complex have been sold and only tower 2 is left. This is also stipulated in their brochure, so how come they are selling tower 3 and 4. Has anyone else been told that.
Could we suggest this to the developers? Ines or Mohammad with the current rapport could mention and see what the response would be?
If wee get enough people on here agreeing we could potentially see balconies. Fromthe plans it appears most of theproperties can accomodate a balcony.

Ines - any luck with the marina contract?
dubai_nomad no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 17th, 2008, 10:23 PM   #82
martinfields

Likes (Received): 0

al marjan island investment thinking?

i lived in Dubai for 2 years and ras al khamai and is an oasis of a county. i am also aware of the al marjan island which will compete very favourably with the palm in Dubai and only 45 minutes away. Many people i now are planning to move to this emirate as it offers far better tax incentives and privacy and al marjan island will be the most prestigious man made islands in the world.

Unlike dubai that dredged sand al marjan island is not thus allowing the sea to stay clean. i have invested in 6 properties to date on al marjan island and by far the most exciting development on the island will be the new 6 star marriott development previously known as aakar. This has only recently been announced but is positioned in the most favourable position with the most beach front for the size of the development.

i do not work in anyway with this development but advise smart investors to take a look at the aakar development that is being sold by http://www.7cinvest.com/uae/aakarmarjan.php

this is not the actual development as Marriott have now taken over but is going to be spectacular and wheras other developments are around the 1200 Dirham per square foot, this is similar, but is 6 star and is in a better location. Furthermore there are 2000 apartments in la hoya but there are only 300 exclusive apartments in this development making it very easy to sell on later. I know dozens of people who have bought terrible identikit apartments in massive developments in dubai and there is difficulty selling.

Anyone who has done the research will take a wide berth of la hoya and blu mirage as these are both in terrible locations at the entrance without facing onto a beach and not cheap either for what is being offered. There are also 1000s of apartments very close together. The marriott development is also surrounded by town houses and villas and will have a premium location and make rental considerably easier. the apartments also face south west so gets excellent light all day.

please do not take my word for it but definately worth looking into if you are looking to invest.

i would be interested to hear otehr peoples experiences or ideas on the al marjan island development as it will take off in the next 6 months as the interest picks up.
martinfields no está en línea  
Old February 17th, 2008, 10:31 PM   #83
martinfields

al marjan island investment thinking?

i lived in Dubai for 2 years and ras al khamai and is an oasis of a county. i am also aware of the al marjan island which will compete very favourably with the palm in Dubai and only 45 minutes away. Many people i now are planning to move to this emirate as it offers far better tax incentives and privacy and al marjan island will be the most prestigious man made islands in the world.

Unlike dubai that dredged sand al marjan island is not thus allowing the sea to stay clean. i have invested in 6 properties to date on al marjan island and by far the most exciting development on the island will be the new 6 star marriott development previously known as aakar. This has only recently been announced but is positioned in the most favourable position with the most beach front for the size of the development.

i do not work in anyway with this development but advise smart investors to take a look at the aakar development that is being sold by http://www.7cinvest.com/uae/aakarmarjan.php

this is not the actual development as Marriott have now taken over but is going to be spectacular and wheras other developments are around the 1200 Dirham per square foot, this is similar, but is 6 star and is in a better location. Furthermore there are 2000 apartments in la hoya but there are only 300 exclusive apartments in this development making it very easy to sell on later. I know dozens of people who have bought terrible identikit apartments in massive developments in dubai and there is difficulty selling.

Anyone who has done the research will take a wide berth of la hoya and blu mirage as these are both in terrible locations at the entrance without facing onto a beach and not cheap either for what is being offered. There are also 1000s of apartments very close together. The marriott development is also surrounded by town houses and villas and will have a premium location and make rental considerably easier. the apartments also face south west so gets excellent light all day.

please do not take my word for it but definately worth looking into if you are looking to invest.

i would be interested to hear otehr peoples experiences or ideas on the al marjan island development as it will take off in the next 6 months as the interest picks up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 18th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #84
beer51

Likes (Received): 67

Hi Guys

I went to BM exhibition on Saturday and i couldn't believe the amount of people that were there for a single project. For all the people who have bought in this project give yourself a tap on the back as i think it will do well (only my opinion). BM definitely has the WOW factor.

Did anybody else go, what are your thoughts.
beer51 no está en línea  
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:04 PM   #85
Ali_Syed
Investor

yes, BM is good, but i would not say the best in the al marjan. It is comparable with LHB. But anyway, both are very good developments. i cant say anything bad about them. For me the WOW factor will happen when the projects are complete. or atleast when we know exactly how the internal of the buildings will look. the inside is very important, and high quality finish is a must... for this we have to wait and see...
Ali_Syed no está en línea  
Old February 18th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #86
soennecken
We will not be the last

Positive

martinfields, shall we try to concentrate on the positives of the various developments. It is in the interest of ALL investors to show Al Marjan in a good light.
soennecken no está en línea  
Old February 19th, 2008, 10:12 AM   #87
dubai_nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubai_nomad View Post
Could we suggest this to the developers? Ines or Mohammad with the current rapport could mention and see what the response would be?
If wee get enough people on here agreeing we could potentially see balconies. Fromthe plans it appears most of theproperties can accomodate a balcony.

Has anyone heard form Ines regards to the marina and balconies? If we get a few more investors requesting the developer may accomodate this into the design. Please let me know
Old February 19th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #88
dubai_nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubai_nomad View Post

Has anyone heard form Ines regards to the marina and balconies? If we get a few more investors requesting the developer may accomodate this into the design. Please let me know
Old February 19th, 2008, 10:15 AM   #89
dubai_nomad

Quote:
Hi Guys

I went to BM exhibition on Saturday and i couldn't believe the amount of people that were there for a single project. For all the people who have bought in this project give yourself a tap on the back as i think it will do well (only my opinion). BM definitely has the WOW factor.

Did anybody else go, what are your thoughts.
Hi beer do you have any pictures? How are the 6 buildins splayed from each other? I am trying to get hold of a master copy of all 6 towers.
Old February 19th, 2008, 12:39 PM   #90
martinfields

blu mirage

When i looked at the blu mirage serviced apartments project that guaranteed a income of 12% i was interested. but when you looked closely at this the price of the flats per square metre were around 1400 dirham per sq ft. This means everyone who bought one of the serviced apartments probably paid 300 dirhams per sq ft too much so the rental income guarantee was a gimmick.

However the residential units in tower 1 and 2 i remember were priced around 1000 dirham per sq ft and there was some reasonable units. However the development does not directly have its own beach and facilities, although look good by most standards fall short of luxury developments in Dubai and Rak. If you do buy only buy sea facing, preferably top floor apartments as you have a fighting chance of selling. If you buy something deeper in the building you will find it very hard to sell as probably 50%+ are investors who will sell the apartment before or shortly after completion. Similar is the case in dubai where poor located flats are not easy to sell and appreciate slowly. sea facing are the ones to go for.

there is another thread at

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=405695&page=6

which might also be helpful. before anyone invests please do some serious research about other developments such as la hoya, aakar and about 10 other developments soon to be released. my advice is to go for properties priced 1000 dirham or less with some sea view or wait for the new projects to come on stream that will offer good buys to early investors. Do not fall for gimmicks such as guaranteed rental as all you are doing is paying yourself back from the inflated price in the first place.

Also if the salesman is not telling it to you straight walk away. The blu mirage sales team are, imho, a slippery bunch.
Old February 19th, 2008, 02:17 PM   #91
beer51

Hi Dubai Nomad

Far as i am aware the 6 towers are slayed 45degs. Sorry i don't have a master copy of the towers.

Martinfield

I agree that any rental guarantee is a gimmick and i personally don't buy into a project(residential towers) that offer these sort of incentives and tend to keep away, but as a service apartment it might be different.

Why do think the sales people of BM are slippery bunch? Are you referring to the sales people here in the UK(agent: properties in dubai) or sales people in Dubai. Have you had any bad experience in dealing with them. Please share with us.
beer51 no está en línea  
Old February 19th, 2008, 07:18 PM   #92
Morrismarina

Hi Martinfield, firstly many thanks for your posts which are very interesting and thanks for sharing your investment strategy with us all.

I had a brief look at the Seven Continent link that you posted earlier. The only thing I would say is that like all developments payments are not linked to construction stages, they are asking for 10% every three months..........this has to be paid whether or not anything is being built. I've had enough of this lark with my Dubai Marina properties !!!

I went for LHB as I liked the development, a nice mediterranean design but importantly for me, I only pay 30% upfront and then only the remainder of 70% when my keys are handed over. Even Blu Mirage is on an open-ended payment plan. I hate these type of schemes. So for somebody like me with limited funds buying in LHB I'm not shedding out a load of money for no work being done and if there is any delay in construction it's not going to cost me too much, just the interest on the 30% I've paid.

I actually like the LHB location, there is a hotel at the end and LHB Business Village behind. Nice view of the mountains and there's a harbour walk in front. I believe there's access to a beach at the rear but not entirely sure about this.....anybody got any info ?? I personally wouldn't buy at the back of LHB though due to the road noise during construction of other projects on the island - and also afterwards as it's the main service road.

I was looking at the serviced apartments at Blu Mirgage (again a lovely development) but decided I wanted to keep the option of living in the property myself full time so decided fully residential unit would be best to cover all my options.
Morrismarina no está en línea  
Old February 19th, 2008, 11:36 PM   #93
dubai_nomad

Quote:
Hi Dubai Nomad

Far as i am aware the 6 towers are slayed 45degs. Sorry i don't have a master copy of the towers.

Martinfield

I agree that any rental guarantee is a gimmick and i personally don't buy into a project(residential towers) that offer these sort of incentives and tend to keep away, but as a service apartment it might be different.

Why do think the sales people of BM are slippery bunch? Are you referring to the sales people here in the UK(agent: properties in dubai) or sales people in Dubai. Have you had any bad experience in dealing with them. Please share with us.
Hi beer , have you seen the naster plan? 45 degree splay seems that 45degrres seems alot. Is this 45 degrees in total or between each property. if its between each property we wontsee a fan typed splay but more a circle.Has anyone seen themaster list for these properties?
Old February 20th, 2008, 12:24 PM   #94
Ali_Syed
Investor

when i spoke to Ines, she said, and if i remember correctly, that each building has 30 meters gap between them.
Ali_Syed no está en línea  
Old February 20th, 2008, 01:23 PM   #95
dubai_nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_Syed View Post
when i spoke to Ines, she said, and if i remember correctly, that each building has 30 meters gap between them.
but what does that mean? 30 meters from the edge of the building or 30meters from the centre of the building.I am quickly loosing confidence in this development and considering pulling out. Too many varibale that people, includ9ing the agent cant fill. One being the marina and the maser plan the these 6 buildings.
Old February 20th, 2008, 02:01 PM   #96
beer51

I think INES should clarify some of these issues as we are not all 100% sure.
beer51 no está en línea  
Old February 22nd, 2008, 12:46 PM   #97
dubai_nomad

aa
Old February 22nd, 2008, 12:49 PM   #98
dubai_nomad

Quote:
I think INES should clarify some of these issues as we are not all 100% sure.
Can any of the agents clarify our questions?
Old February 23rd, 2008, 03:43 PM   #99
Robbo123

Bought for Love!

Hello, I have really enjoyed reading all the postings on this site and viewing the photos. I just thought that I would bring another perspective to the forum. I visited Dubai in 2005 on holiday with my family and had a wonderful time. At the time I did not think that I would ever be able to afford a property in the UAE. However, the Blu Mirage development has enabled me to realise this dream. I know that it may not sound much but I have just paid the deposit for a studio serviced apartment. The affordable price, staged payments and the rental guarantee for the first three years has enabled me to do this. I am looking forward to seeing the development grow and can't wait until we can come and stay in our apartment for the first time.
Robbo123 no está en línea  
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:45 PM   #100
dubai_nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo123 View Post
Hello, I have really enjoyed reading all the postings on this site and viewing the photos. I just thought that I would bring another perspective to the forum. I visited Dubai in 2005 on holiday with my family and had a wonderful time. At the time I did not think that I would ever be able to afford a property in the UAE. However, the Blu Mirage development has enabled me to realise this dream. I know that it may not sound much but I have just paid the deposit for a studio serviced apartment. The affordable price, staged payments and the rental guarantee for the first three years has enabled me to do this. I am looking forward to seeing the development grow and can't wait until we can come and stay in our apartment for the first time.
Hey Robbo - congratulations on your purchase. BM is a great development and I too am looking forward to completition. But as in all my investments in dubai you have to be one the ball with what the developers and agents are promising. A few of us are still waiting for information from agents and developers on some key issues...still waiting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread