Discussions | Metropolitan Developments - Page 138 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Western Australia


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 12th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #2741
ryan79
Destorying our history
 
ryan79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 7,967
Likes (Received): 1510

After working recently in Osborne Park area I have to say that something desparately needs to be done there. Parking and traffic is out of control.
__________________
I'm free to say what I want
ryan79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 12th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #2742
ɴick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 598
Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan79 View Post
After working recently in Osborne Park area I have to say that something desparately needs to be done there. Parking and traffic is out of control.
They've ripped up the grass (oh lordy) which everyone was parking on anyway, and replaced it with parking bays (which will hold less cars).
ɴick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #2743
Scraperfan
Single, looking to mingle
 
Scraperfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Partytown
Posts: 10,235
Likes (Received): 4553

Urban decay is everywhere in Osborne Park.

The reviewed structure plan allowing mixed use should spark regeneration over the next 20 years but I have no idea where Stirling are up to with the planning changes.
Scraperfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2013, 07:49 AM   #2744
dallastexjr
I'm outta here
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 3,332
Likes (Received): 244

I prefer Balcatta for my light industrial fix.
dallastexjr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #2745
eco186
Registered User
 
eco186's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fremantle, Perth
Posts: 1,846
Likes (Received): 908

Some small developments in freo






eco186 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #2746
NailZ
Registered User
 
NailZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Perth
Posts: 666
Likes (Received): 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastexjr View Post
I prefer Balcatta for my light industrial fix.
Having worked in OP and Balcatta, I have to disagree. It maybe easier to drive through Balcatta compared to OP - but the PT links suck. The years of my life wasted driving, busing and traino to to Balcatta - I'll never get that back. Having lunch at the 7 mile and the Odin, I'll never get that money back.

At my current employer, we had a warehouse in OP which then moved to Welshpool. No one complained about Ossie Park. It was the middle ground wherever you lived and if you chose to take PT the Glendalough Station is a 5 min walk.

The food options still suck, the street parking is atrocious and the recent office parks an abomination - but LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.
NailZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #2747
Calvin W
Canadian eh!
 
Calvin W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,466
Likes (Received): 464

Quote:
Originally Posted by NailZ View Post
Having worked in OP and Balcatta, I have to disagree. It maybe easier to drive through Balcatta compared to OP - but the PT links suck. The years of my life wasted driving, busing and traino to to Balcatta - I'll never get that back. Having lunch at the 7 mile and the Odin, I'll never get that money back.

At my current employer, we had a warehouse in OP which then moved to Welshpool. No one complained about Ossie Park. It was the middle ground wherever you lived and if you chose to take PT the Glendalough Station is a 5 min walk.

The food options still suck, the street parking is atrocious and the recent office parks an abomination - but LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.
The company I work for and our suppliers wouldn't even know where OP even is.... Welshpool, Madington, Canning areas much better for our purpose. Why would anyone want to set up in OP?
__________________
Really wish you would stop assuming you speak for everyone. On this forum you only speak for yourself.



zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba
Calvin W está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 06:10 AM   #2748
ɴick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 598
Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin W View Post
The company I work for and our suppliers wouldn't even know where OP even is.... Welshpool, Madington, Canning areas much better for our purpose. Why would anyone want to set up in OP?
Um.. the post above you? It's close to the city, has three freeway entries/exits and two train stations. It's no longer the place for a massive warehouse, but for a lot of other service-based businesses its a good location.
ɴick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #2749
Calvin W
Canadian eh!
 
Calvin W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,466
Likes (Received): 464

Quote:
Originally Posted by ɴick View Post
Um.. the post above you? It's close to the city, has three freeway entries/exits and two train stations. It's no longer the place for a massive warehouse, but for a lot of other service-based businesses its a good location.
And traffic at a snails pace for most of the day?

With all the newer industrial/commercial areas springing up Osbornes days at the top are limited.
__________________
Really wish you would stop assuming you speak for everyone. On this forum you only speak for yourself.



zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba
Calvin W está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #2750
ɴick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 598
Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin W View Post
And traffic at a snails pace for most of the day?

With all the newer industrial/commercial areas springing up Osbornes days at the top are limited.
I wonder how well you even know Osborne Park. Traffic is bad at peak, but during the day it's absolutely fine (other than Saturdays when its attracting people for the retail and showrooms).
ɴick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #2751
ryan79
Destorying our history
 
ryan79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 7,967
Likes (Received): 1510

OP is getting more buildings and is definitely not just industrial, lots of non industrial offices around. The parking situation is ridiculous as is the traffic at times (as bad as the CBD/West Perth). Would love to see light rail down Scarb Beach Rd from Glendalough, right through to Scarborough really.
__________________
I'm free to say what I want

ɴick liked this post
ryan79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #2752
ɴick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 598
Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan79 View Post
OP is getting more buildings and is definitely not just industrial, lots of non industrial offices around. The parking situation is ridiculous as is the traffic at times (as bad as the CBD/West Perth). Would love to see light rail down Scarb Beach Rd from Glendalough, right through to Scarborough really.
Totally with you there. Especially given the preference of using Fitzgerald St as the exit north from the city. Could quite easily make a left turn up Angove and carry all the way to the beach. It ticks so many boxes along the way.
ɴick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #2753
jackso
Registered User
 
jackso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Perth
Posts: 10,135
Likes (Received): 3166

I'd say Scarborough Beach Rd would be next on the LR list after extending the first lines to Curtin and UWA. It would be great for the area.
jackso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #2754
Sanj
Melbourne quality poster
 
Sanj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 8,788
Likes (Received): 2371

psaros is doing another one, www.bravobypsaros.com on oxford st, mt hawthorn. drove past the sign tonight.
Sanj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #2755
Urbicus
Registered User
 
Urbicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,904
Likes (Received): 4875

They should pay me to come up with not shit names for their developments.
Urbicus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #2756
Sanj
Melbourne quality poster
 
Sanj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 8,788
Likes (Received): 2371

wanna help me come up with names for mine? i was thinking bonza by sanj
__________________

Urbicus, c_avdas, Urbania liked this post
Sanj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #2757
PD
perthistan
 
PD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Perth, AUS
Posts: 6,319
Likes (Received): 5053

Shaheed by Sheikh
__________________
FuturePerth

vic-k liked this post
PD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #2758
tayls84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 798
Likes (Received): 85

@Urbicus Do you think you could help them with not shit designs at the same time?
__________________

Urbicus liked this post
tayls84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #2759
Scraperfan
Single, looking to mingle
 
Scraperfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Partytown
Posts: 10,235
Likes (Received): 4553

Has to be something to do with food Sanj.

How about Gourmet by Sanj, or Banquet by Sanj,

or - on "whatever the street name is"
Scraperfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #2760
Sanj
Melbourne quality poster
 
Sanj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 8,788
Likes (Received): 2371

as much as i was joking i do kind of want to come up with a name for the 2 developments, also need to come up with a name for my development company as i want to start building a small profile for these kind of things

im atrocious with names though
Sanj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Tags
mandurahboyz, metropolitan area

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us