Bangladesh Aviation - Part 15 - Page 56 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Bangladesh > Heritage, Tourism & Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old January 14th, 2020, 02:46 AM   #1101
nayeem007

Likes (Received): 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manazir View Post
While that is true, I am pretty sure no one in the West tries to break off an IFE screen in order to steal it or defecates on the bathroom floor or damages parts of the aircraft interior.

Plus, misbehaving and vandalizing passengers are always prosecuted and punished, which I doubt won't happen in the case of Biman. They could easily identify the passenger according to the manifest and prosecute/punish him but I doubt BG officials would be bothered much by it.
Nowadays both west (Europe, North america) and east (Singapore, South Korea, Japan etc.) are developed; so we are the only ones left in the middle along with Africa that needs to make significant progress in human development.

As for airplane passenger misbehavior, outside of lack of strict prosecution, the issue is the type of people flying in the planes. Majority of them are workers/ laborers from rural areas, who don't have much civic sense. One will see huge difference between Bangladeshis flying back from US, Canada versus Dubai or Qatar. As the country develops, the general education level, standard of living and thus social sense will also improve. Maybe 20-30 years down the line, this problem will no longer exist.

Manazir, Rokto14, mirzazeehan1989 liked this post
nayeem007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 15th, 2020, 11:50 AM   #1102
TariqHasan

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIslam View Post
Perhaps you forget there's one element that is absent with Biman: no alcohol. Booze causes all sorts of behavioral issues that dry airlines don't have to contend with. ..
BG isn't dry, is it? I think the choices are limited.
I remember the last time I took BG, loads of people around me were frantically saying their prayers while the flight was taking off. But majority of them chose beers over soft drinks when the stewardesses came to offer drinks.
TariqHasan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2020, 01:34 PM   #1103
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Likes (Received): 973

Quote:
Originally Posted by TariqHasan View Post
I remember the last time I took BG, loads of people around me were frantically saying their prayers while the flight was taking off. But majority of them chose beers over soft drinks when the stewardesses came to offer drinks.
Are you sure? Several westerners who reviewed BG flights as well as Sam Chui, mentions it is a dry airline. On their videos, I've never seen any kind of alcoholic beverages being offered.
TIslam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2020, 08:09 AM   #1104
Spiderguy252

Likes (Received): 46

BG has always been a dry airline.
Spiderguy252 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2020, 09:34 AM   #1105
picsofsylhet

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TariqHasan View Post
Been flying with Biman on my last 3 trips to Bangladesh, but never seen anyone having alcoholic beverages. Might be the odd ones but doubt it's the majority.
picsofsylhet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2020, 11:19 AM   #1106
despaired

Likes (Received): 66

I believe alcohol is limited to business class and even there the selection is rather low and is only given upon request; but might be mistaken.
despaired no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2020, 05:13 PM   #1107
Manazir

Likes (Received): 669

Or it could as well be alcohol bought by passengers at the Duty Free...
Manazir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2020, 05:27 PM   #1108
Spiderguy252

Likes (Received): 46

Biman doesn't even agree - unlike EgyptAir for instance - to 'serve' alcohol already being carried by pax.
Spiderguy252 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2020, 08:23 PM   #1109
despaired

Likes (Received): 66

Departure immigration 2 has e gates already installed. Now all what’s missing is the new e passport which is supposed to launch soon
despaired no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2020, 11:17 AM   #1110
Manazir

Likes (Received): 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by despaired View Post
Departure immigration 2 has e gates already installed. Now all what’s missing is the new e passport which is supposed to launch soon
According to news reports, the new e-Passports are gonna launch on 22nd January. While that is nice, apparently it's gonna take ages until Bangladeshis abroad can apply for it through Bangladeshi missions abroad...
Manazir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:42 PM   #1111
saahmed

Likes (Received): 96

US-Bangla gets 5th ATR 72-600

A brand new ATR 72-600 joined the US-Bangla fleet yesterday (17-Jan-2020). It landed in Dhaka at 3:25 pm. With this airframe, US-Bangla's fleet size is now 12. This includes 4 737-800s, 5 ATR 72-600s, and 3 Dash 8 Q400s.

The new plane wears registration number S2-AKK.

Source: http://aviationnewsbd.com/?p=81753

patel2897, Rokto14 liked this post
saahmed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:20 AM   #1112
Rokto14

Likes (Received): 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by saahmed View Post

A brand new ATR 72-600 joined the US-Bangla fleet yesterday (17-Jan-2020). It landed in Dhaka at 3:25 pm. With this airframe, US-Bangla's fleet size is now 12. This includes 4 737-800s, 5 ATR 72-600s, and 3 Dash 8 Q400s.

The new plane wears registration number S2-AKK.

Source: http://aviationnewsbd.com/?p=81753
Any news of US Bangla retiring their Dash 8s?
Rokto14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: