NZ | Population Statistics Thread - Page 134 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > KiwiScrapers

KiwiScrapers Kia Kaha » Auckland | Wellington | Christchurch | Hamilton | Regional Cities

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 28th, 2019, 05:23 AM   #2661
Pedantic

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmeat View Post

Coz every Muslim prescribes to exactly the same dogma - yeah right
They do when discussing matters with their fellow believers, but it's naïve to think that they will be anything other than agreeable and accommodating when confronted by infidels. They are primed to lie to non-believers, that is part of their strategy, because their ideology is not debatable amongst individual members, yet they have to create the appearance of acceptance and indulgence of Western culture and beliefs.

Rob73 liked this post
Pedantic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2019, 05:24 AM   #2662
whizz_pat

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:

The only people who say things like this are people who haven't lived in Muslim majority countries.

Pedantic liked this post
whizz_pat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2019, 05:36 AM   #2663
whooodaman

Likes (Received): 89

I have a Muslim friend who told me that in his religion gay people do not exist. But it is ok to have sexual feelings towards someone of the same sex because all Muslims have impure thoughts. But if you act on them then that is a completely different story, you will be in big trouble
whooodaman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2019, 06:33 AM   #2664
dogmeat

Likes (Received): 331

Bigotry is always blind and is no respecter of faith, colour, age or gender / sexual orientation

archisimon liked this post
dogmeat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2019, 08:52 AM   #2665
Rob73

Likes (Received): 451

Quote:

Yes. It’s expressly forbidden.

As a prophet of God, Lut preached to his people: 'Will you commit lewdness such as no people in creation ever committed before you? For you come in lust to men in preference to women. No, you are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds' (Qur'an 7:80-81).

In another verse, Lut advised them: 'Of all the creatures in the world, will you approach males, and leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? No, you are a people transgressing (all limits)!' (Qur'an 26:165-166).
Rob73 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2019, 04:58 PM   #2666
cle

Likes (Received): 837

Quote:
Bigotry is always blind and is no respecter of faith, colour, age or gender / sexual orientation
This thread has illustrated that bigotry, sadly. The irony is shocking

archisimon, tommo39 liked this post
cle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2019, 02:55 AM   #2667
archisimon

Likes (Received): 939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedantic View Post
Under the current laws in NZ, even if a white farmer was recognised as a refugee by UNHCR, they would still not qualify to be accepted into NZ.
So you already knew what the real reason was?

It's got nothing to do with being white or caucasian. They just don't qualify as refugees and even if they did NZ is not accepting refugees from Africa or the Middle East unless they have family here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedantic View Post
Do you have any idea how difficult it is to be considered a refugee if you happen to be Caucasian? That is just plain fact, no partisan spin, or hype, and the bottom line is that it is just not considered PC at the moment.
archisimon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2019, 10:00 PM   #2668
dogmeat

Likes (Received): 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob73 View Post
Yes. It’s expressly forbidden.

As a prophet of God, Lut preached to his people: 'Will you commit lewdness such as no people in creation ever committed before you? For you come in lust to men in preference to women. No, you are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds' (Qur'an 7:80-81).

In another verse, Lut advised them: 'Of all the creatures in the world, will you approach males, and leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? No, you are a people transgressing (all limits)!' (Qur'an 26:165-166).
Despite what the media state not every Muslim is a literal follower of the Qu'ran. I know Muslim's (and Jews) who follow their faith but recognise that the moral code enshrined within their respective Holy Books is an anachronism. They are quite partial to a bacon butty for example
dogmeat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2019, 03:10 AM   #2669
Pedantic

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by archisimon View Post
So you already knew what the real reason was?

It's got nothing to do with being white or caucasian. They just don't qualify as refugees and even if they did NZ is not accepting refugees from Africa or the Middle East unless they have family here.
Ummm, that's not entirely correct.

What I stated is just one aspect of the problem, my original argument is still true, it is not invalidated by the fact that NZ has unique criteria for refugee's.
Pedantic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2019, 08:55 AM   #2670
jimmialli

Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnobbob View Post
Would be interesting ( well not really because we know the answer) what the reaction would of been had SBW expressed the same view as Falau. The Islam view and treatment of gays is far worse then that expressed by Falau or handed out by Christians.

Yes but SBW would never disrespect people like that (l hope).
jimmialli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2019, 09:28 AM   #2671
Rob73

Quote:
Despite what the media state not every Muslim is a literal follower of the Qu'ran. I know Muslim's (and Jews) who follow their faith but recognise that the moral code enshrined within their respective Holy Books is an anachronism. They are quite partial to a bacon butty for example
I work with an Iranian guy who loves his pork products and drinks like a fish, but only does this when he's with non muslims, he'd never eat forbidden food or drink alcohol in the company of other muslims. Muslims like Ali are in the minority unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmialli View Post
Yes but SBW would never disrespect people like that (l hope).
I would hope so as well, but we really won't find out what his points of view are until after his playing career is over, as I said he probably listens to his minders and knows which side his bread is buttered.
Old July 1st, 2019, 09:49 AM   #2672
archisimon

Do you openly express your opinions about Muslims/immigrants/refugees publicly or are you like your mate Ali?

Nzgb liked this post
Old July 1st, 2019, 02:15 PM   #2673
Rob73

Quote:
Originally Posted by archisimon View Post
Do you openly express your opinions about Muslims/immigrants/refugees publicly or are you like your mate Ali?
I'm quite happy to openly express my views about anything, if you also read what I've said my points of view on this are in regards to SBW, not to Muslims in general. I doubt there was much, if any tolerance towards LGB people in the Christian church SBW grew up in either.

I'm an immigrant myself, so I'm happy with immigration so long as the people who are immigrating are going to be a valuable addition to the host country.

The refugee issue has become an open sore, it's used and abused by economic migrants queue jumping, which makes it even more difficult for genuine refugees to be accepted, personally I believe refugees should be sent home after whatever crisis they are fleeing from has ended, we are after all only providing refuge not a permanent home.

I'm not religious, I hold most religious people who try pushing there point of view across as the only valid point of view with contempt. If you're going to be religious keep it to yourself or inside your place of worship.

So there you go, is this what you wanted?
Old July 1st, 2019, 02:47 PM   #2674
archisimon

Oh you're the one stuck in Norway?

I think most of the issues you raised regarding refugees are more relevant to a city like Oslo than NZ. Maybe find a thread in the Norwegian forums to vent your frustration because queue jumping is hardly the hot topic here.

Perhaps you've been hanging around in Oslo's eastern suburbs for too long but referring to other human beings as "human detritus" is pretty sad.

cle, tommo39 liked this post

Last edited by archisimon; July 1st, 2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2019, 12:50 AM   #2675
Royen

Likes (Received): 2494

Can we please get this thread back on topic. I know some of the above discussion does relate to New Zealand population issues, but its clear the discussion is heading (and already has) in an undesirable direction.

Cheers
Old July 3rd, 2019, 03:54 AM   #2676
Blah
Jafa

Likes (Received): 111

Yes please. I have worked with muslims over the years and they all have been great people. Like any faith, there are nutters that literally follow the koran/bible word for word but most muslims/christians simply use it as a guide not as literal word for word guidance.

Not sure what any of this has to do with population though. So......

.....when's that 5 million coming up? Must be soon.
Blah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 04:19 AM   #2677
Dazzle
All over the place

Likes (Received): 133

as per Population Clock, tracking at...

as at Wednesday, 03 Jul 2019 at 01:16:48 p.m.
(New Zealand's population is estimated to increase by one person every 10 minutes and 13 seconds)

Getting close

mw123 liked this post
Dazzle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 05:45 AM   #2678
Blah
Jafa

Likes (Received): 111

So thats approx 150 per day, or 1500 every ten days. Or 4500 a month. So around 7 months from now. So summer 2020.

jarden liked this post
Blah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 06:58 AM   #2679
Robnobbob

Likes (Received): 429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah View Post
So thats approx 150 per day, or 1500 every ten days. Or 4500 a month. So around 7 months from now. So summer 2020.
Thats 150 per day, 1500 every 10 days or 4500 a month to many.

birchey, Rob73 liked this post
Robnobbob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2019, 02:39 AM   #2680
jarden

Likes (Received): 1384

Good to have this thread back on topic. So end of January 2020 we will be there (at the 5 million mark). The countdown begins...

tommo39, badbehaviour liked this post
jarden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mandurahboyz