SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Filipino-Owned Businesses (Locally and Abroad)

194K views 549 replies 101 participants last post by  ajosh821 
#1 ·
#394 ·
MPTC gets offer from foreign tollways firm

The Philippine Star by Richmond Mercurio | August 11, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Metro Pacific Tollways Corp. (MPTC) has secured an offer from a foreign tollways firm, which could eventually make the company the largest tollways operator in Southeast Asia.

We received an offer to combine. This is an offshore tollways operator with our onshore toll (operations). I think if they are able to achieve... put those tollways together, we’ll be the largest tollways operators in ASEAN,” Manuel V. Pangilinan, chairman of MPTC parent company Metro Pacific Investments Corp., said in an interview with “The Chiefs” on One News/TV5.

#396 ·
Century Pacific Food’s unMEAT now in UAE

BusinessWorld | August 24, 2021 | 12:03 am

Images from Century Pacific Food

CENTURY Pacific Food, Inc. (CNPF) said its plant-based meat alternatives brand, unMEAT, arrived in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in June 2021.

As of writing, the brand has gained a store footprint of over 200 outlets, being listed in the country’s top local supermarket and hypermarket chains, such as West Zone, Union Coop, and Almaya Supermarket. unMEAT is also available at online retail platforms, such as Noon Daily,” CNPF said.

#397 ·
Converge collaborates with Google to provide MSMEs with free digital upskilling workshops

The initiative is part of MSME Caravan, a Grow with Google program that aims to provide small businesses with the knowledge, tools, and opportunities of going online so they can continue to manage their operations effectively especially amid the ongoing pandemic.

“The pandemic has severely affected the Philippine economy, especially the MSMEs. We hope that through our collaboration with Google, we can equip more small businesses in the country with helpful information and tools for going online,” said Converge SME Group National Sales Head Blue Aldridge.“ Aside from this, we are committed to bringing internet services that meet the needs of our customers and MSMEs.”

#401 ·
Not sure if this belongs here, but this surprised me:
1) Sy siblings; US$16.6 billion

2) Manuel Villar; $6.7 billion

3) Enrique Razon Jr.; $5.8 billion

4) Lance Gokongwei & siblings; $4 billion

5) Jaime Zobel de Ayala; $3.3 billion

6) Dennis Anthony & Maria Grace Uy; $2.8 billion

7) Tony Tan Caktiong; $2.7 billion

8) Andrew Tan; $2.6 billion

9) Ramon Ang; $2.3 billion

10) Ty siblings; $2.2 billion
I can believe that Converge has made a killing over the past year and the IPO definitely pushed that number up, but to be in the top 10 this quickly is mind-blowing. Hope they keep investing in their network and keep the other ISPs on their toes.

That said, I'm already seeing a few people on FB say that they're there because of cronyism and PRRD's patronage...who's gonna tell them that Dennis Anthony Uy and Dennis Uy are different people? 😅 😅 😅

• Haha
Reactions: LEUN75 and 1533620
#403 ·
Apparently, the two newcomers in Forbes Top 50 are full-blooded Indonesians (Hartono Kweefanus and Henry Soesanto). Thanks to the IPO debut of Monde Nissin last June 2021.

Not sure if this belongs here, but this surprised me:

I can believe that Converge has made a killing over the past year and the IPO definitely pushed that number up, but to be in the top 10 this quickly is mind-blowing. Hope they keep investing in their network and keep the other ISPs on their toes.

That said, I'm already seeing a few people on FB say that they're there because of cronyism and PRRD's patronage...who's gonna tell them that Dennis Anthony Uy and Dennis Uy are different people? 😅 😅 😅

#409 ·
SB Corp., Monde to offer collateral, interest free loans to sari-sari store owners

SMALL Business Corp. (SBCorp.) and Monde Nissin Corp. (Monde) have signed a memorandum of agreement, making Monde the first SBCorp.-accredited fast moving consumer goods partner for SBCorp.’s Sustaining Trade Access to Primary Food and Link to Enterprises (Staples) program.

Staples will provide sari-sari stores who are customers of authorized Monde distributors access to collateral-free and interest-free loans to increase their working capital and to help make small businesses more robust especially in the face of the pandemic.
SBCorp, an attached agency of DTI, actually has another credit facility called CARES that is open to all micro, small and medium enterprises. It is a zero interest, no collateral credit facility that aims to provide financial assistance to revitalize MSMEs. The borrower may choose to avail a grace period of up to 2 years.

#416 ·
The company said the growth “driven by continuing benefits from the Comprehensive Recovery and Tax Incentives for Enterprises (CREATE) Act and gain on sale of idle land.”

The company also disclosed the completion of its divestment of its Oceania business, with the transaction closing on October 29, 2021. URC said it expects to realize an additional one-time gain in 2021 of approximately $250 million for the sale.

#417 ·
#418 ·
Ayala Logistics Holdings Corp. (AC Logistics) is acquiring a 60% stake in Air 21 Holdings, Inc. (AHI), a company owned by former Customs chief Alberto D. Lina, for P6 billion.

Ayala Corp. told the stock exchange on Friday that its subsidiary signed the investment agreement for the 60% interest in AHI with Mr. Lina, the latter’s founder and chairman.

Reactions: LEUN75