One Chamberlain Square | Paradise | Offices/Retail | 8fl | 39m | U/C - Page 43 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area > Birmingham Construction Forum

Birmingham Construction Forum Building projects in Birmingham and the Black Country

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 28th, 2019, 01:51 AM   #841
Mosleyan

Likes (Received): 4695

Mosleyan está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 29th, 2019, 06:45 PM   #842
Boomingham!

Likes (Received): 534

Looks like 1CS might be getting a Welsh 'twin brother' soon:

https://www.business-live.co.uk/comm...ative-16988163
Old September 29th, 2019, 08:39 PM   #843
daj

Likes (Received): 358

Plagiarism??

cyril sneer liked this post
daj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 29th, 2019, 11:12 PM   #844
Typhoon2000
...Ready for departure.

Likes (Received): 794

Flattery.

(Someone at Cadbury obviously has a sense of humour...)
This is Birmingham... FORWARD!!!
Typhoon2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2019, 05:10 PM   #845
Bachy Soletanche
Disco and drugs trade

Likes (Received): 3897

"What do you thus rail at me, as if I had done such an heinous act, contrary to the nature of man? I tell you that if you did but know how pleasant the taste of man's flesh was, none of you all would forbear to eat it;"

Last edited by Bachy Soletanche; October 13th, 2019 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Added 'Before' picture.
Bachy Soletanche no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2019, 05:32 PM   #846
RalphGuy

Likes (Received): 5189

Good to see it from a different angle BS.
RalphGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2019, 08:00 PM   #847
Fenton1

Likes (Received): 39

Whilst I'm a fan from other viewpoints, it's bum does look big in this

RalphGuy, Develo liked this post
Fenton1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 03:37 PM   #848
demtingzdere

Likes (Received): 479

I think this is a great view. I really like the juxtaposition between old and new architecture as well as the view of Big Brum.

Thank you for the picture.
demtingzdere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 04:41 PM   #849
RalphGuy

Likes (Received): 5189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenton1 View Post
Whilst I'm a fan from other viewpoints, it's bum does look big in this

That view will disappear when the rest of Paradise is built out.

rotundazag, Fenton1 liked this post
RalphGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 05:52 PM   #850
Boomingham!

They need to get Congreve Street back open soon.

tillerslave, Kingsheathen, jonfsnow liked this post
Boomingham! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 10:32 PM   #851
trigger123

Likes (Received): 42

I’m glad that view will be gone, I’ve never seen such a middle finger stuck up to heritage listed architecture.
trigger123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2019, 02:59 PM   #853
jonfsnow

Likes (Received): 1831

I don't have access to the full article but a new development on London's Liverpool Street also by Eric Parry seems to feature this building's big brother -> https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/...XC9zYUZmIn0%3D
jonfsnow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2019, 06:10 PM   #854
The-Ram

Likes (Received): 152

Dishoom fit-out works underway at Ground Level in One Chamberlain Square..
Old November 13th, 2019, 04:54 PM   #855
Bloxwich Stroller

Likes (Received): 1866

A few of 1CS (and some 2CS) from a lovely bright late Autumn almost Winter morning:

Bloxwich Stroller no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2019, 11:10 PM   #856
Mosleyan

Likes (Received): 4695

Mosleyan está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2019, 11:00 AM   #857
Conurbation 2

Likes (Received): 334

21st November 2019
PwC takes keys to One Chamberlain Square
https://www.paradisebirmingham.co.uk...d-over-to-pwc/

Pity BAM haven't tidied yet round the edges of the building and 5th floor balcony so avoiding the scruffy shots outside! Nevertheless a great milestone achievement.

RalphGuy, Kingsheathen, cw1978uk liked this post
Conurbation 2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2019, 04:01 PM   #858
Boomingham!

Yes. The camera shows it all. Not good photos, like they're taking control of a half finished office block.

Bad PR.

Kingsheathen liked this post
Boomingham! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2019, 10:19 PM   #859
djay
The promised land

Likes (Received): 2740

Would they be fitting out for a month or two allowing the external works to be complete?

Photos look terrible though.

If I ain't the one I'm the prototype
djay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2019, 09:20 AM   #860
Hasaandoo

Likes (Received): 1772

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/west...irmingham-home

PwC handed keys to new Birmingham home

Rachel Covill

Tim Pile, Andy Street, Rob Groves, Brigid Jones, Matthew Hammond.
|
Birmingham’s largest development project Paradise has handed over its first completed building to professional services firm PwC.

The firm has taken handover of the building as it prepares for its 2,000-strong team to move across the city from its current home in Cornwall Street to One Chamberlain Square early in the New Year.

PwC will occupy all of the commercial space in One Chamberlain Square, which is a seven storey, 172,000 sq ft office building with retail and leisure facilities on the ground floor.

The PwC Birmingham team has grown from 1,400 over the last two years as it continues to increase its regional presence, surpassing a landmark of 2,000 colleagues based in Birmingham this autumn, as the firm grows towards its planned target of 2,300 by the end of next year.

Matthew Hammond, Midlands region chairman for PwC, said: “The decision to locate ourselves at the Paradise development reflects the desire of our people to be in the heart of the city, and at the heart of the region and the UK. The importance of One Chamberlain Square for PwC, as its largest investment outside London currently, stretches beyond Birmingham and the West Midlands. It is symbolic of our investments across the UK’s regions.

“I would like to say a huge thank you to the many teams, organisations and individuals involved in making the Paradise scheme, and in particular One Chamberlain Square, a reality. Together they have transformed a key part of our city, which now looks forward to being a great place to live, work and visit.

“The handover of One Chamberlain Square today is a significant step in our journey to our new home. We are creating a first-class destination for our people and our clients. Our internal fit-out is complementary to the external design – a truly distinctive destination, which has connections at its heart through flexibility and technology-enabled workspaces. We have very much future-scoped the design to meet the needs of our people and clients now and in the future.”

West Midlands Mayor Andy Street said: “The handover to PwC is a major step forward for Paradise and a key milestone in the regeneration of Birmingham. Not only is Paradise beginning to take shape on the city’s skyline, but it is delivering on its promise to create jobs and opportunities for local people across the West Midlands, including supporting businesses like PwC to create new jobs in the city.

“The handover is a special moment for me in particular as I was chairman of the Greater Birmingham and Solihull LEP when we set up the Joint Venture with the city council back in 2013. It fills me with immense pride to see our vision from six years ago coming to life and I now look forward to seeing Paradise continue to evolve. We will continue to work with Argent, Hermes, the LEP, and the city council to make sure the development is the best it can possibly be.”

Overlooking the Grade 1 listed Town Hall, Victorian Council House and Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, One Chamberlain Square sits at the heart of Paradise with direct access from the refurbished Chamberlain Square and surrounding public realm.

At almost 2 million square feet, Paradise will deliver up to ten new flagship buildings, offering offices, shops, bars, cafés, restaurants and a four star hotel across 17 acres in the heart of the city.

The Paradise redevelopment is being brought forward through Paradise Circus Limited Partnership (PCLP), a private-public joint venture with Birmingham City Council. The private sector funding is being managed by Hermes Investment Management which has partnered with Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) on the first phase of the development. Argent is the development manager.

Paradise sits in the country’s largest city centre Enterprise Zone and has already benefited from investment by the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (GBSLEP) in enabling and infrastructure works.

danjames liked this post
Hasaandoo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement