Kidbrooke Village £1bn regeneration | Greenwich | U/C - Page 28 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > London Metro Area > The Construction Forum

The Construction Forum For everything going up in London right now

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 26th, 2014, 12:42 AM   #541
Tellvis
Living the dream...

Likes (Received): 761

Well that's austerity Britain for you........
Tellvis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 26th, 2014, 12:06 PM   #542
Indigovapour

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post
She has bonded with her neighbours, whose son also attends her son’s school. But she sees the 31-storey tower block proposed by Berkeley as a blot on the horizon of the green environment she has come to love. ‘That’s something I do feel a bit concerned about,’ she says. ‘They’ve done such a great job transforming this area, but they want to make it crowded again. That’s like building a tower block in the middle of Greenwich Park.’
31 was always going to be a negotiating tactic.

Apparently some sort of back-room understanding has been reached that the tower will be 25 stories. I expect it to sail through on the grounds that they "responded to consultation". Of course, if they'd wanted 31 stories they would have asked for 40.

The point remains: as things stand, transport links are insufficient for this density.
Indigovapour no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2014, 11:11 PM   #543
Retro Specs

Likes (Received): 3564

Photos from my visit today. Apologies if I missed anything, I'm not familiar with the area so wasn't certain I saw it all.

Untitled by inckamail, on Flickr
Spot the lost cat sign on the image above.

That junctions slow traffic down but makes it difficult to cross the road with a bike...

That's all folks. Need to go find the masterplan to see what I've missed and what's still to be built.

Whoever the landscape architects are here, they need to be employed on more projects - the park in the Blackheath Quarter bit was brilliant and you really did see wildlife around - for instance I saw two crows either fishing or trying to get some other food from a small pond.
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2014, 06:27 PM   #544
phemark

Likes (Received): 12

I called Viridian Housing today and they said that they expect to start sending out more information in August/September, with occupation beginning in the 2015 (i think beginning of the year). Also, she said that there are going to be 24 1bed, 31 2bed flats for Shared Ownership this time (didnt ask about 3 beds).

But please share any info you find about Shared Ownership in Kidbrooke village, thanks!
phemark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2014, 07:57 PM   #545
leonardoy

Likes (Received): 1752

I apologise!! I am now warming to this scheme.I hope it will look as good in 20 years time at full maturity.

Officer Dibble liked this post
leonardoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2014, 08:26 PM   #546
SE9
South East Nine

Likes (Received): 79457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Specs View Post
That's all folks. Need to go find the masterplan to see what I've missed and what's still to be built.

Whoever the landscape architects are here, they need to be employed on more projects - the park in the Blackheath Quarter bit was brilliant and you really did see wildlife around - for instance I saw two crows either fishing or trying to get some other food from a small pond.
Great set of photos. From the looks of it, you took a good walk!

Agree with the comment on landscaping. That park (Cator Park) and the rest will be quite something when it's actually complete.
SE9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2014, 11:57 AM   #547
SE9
South East Nine

Revised plans drawn up for the newer phases. The tower proposal has been reduced from 31 to 26 storeys.
Old October 1st, 2014, 01:09 PM   #548
SE9
South East Nine

Plans for phases 3, 5 and 6 have been submitted for approval.

Quote:
Phase 3
14/2607/F

Demolition of existing buildings and construction of 1,257 residential units (Use Class C3) together with 1,957m² retail / commercial (Use Class A1), 1,305m² of retail / commercial (Use Class A2-A5), 345m² restaurant (Use Class A3), 5,713m² of community (Use Class D1), a 2,696m² supermarket (Use Class A1), a public square, publicly accessible open space and associated access, servicing, car parking, cycle parking and landscaping.
Quote:
Phase 5
14/2611/F

Demolition of existing buildings and construction of 1,144 residential units, publicly accessible open space and associated access, car parking, cycle parking and landscaping.
Quote:
Phase 6
14/2554/O

Hybrid Application: Detailed Planning Permission for the demolition and construction of 713 residential units (Use Class C3), new publicly accessible open space and associated access, servicing, parking, landscaping and works; and Outline Planning Permission, with all matters reserved apart from access, layout and scale for 133 extra care units (Use Class C3), 2,971m² Community floor space (Use Class D1), a 3,200m² replacement Primary School (Use Class D1), 250m² Retail floor space (Use Class A1) and associated access, servicing, parking, landscaping and works.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 11:23 AM   #549
phemark

We are buying a shared ownership flat!
The whole Deering house is available for Shared ownership only.

Completions was said to be ~December, with move in date in January.

Does anyone else have any info about Kidbrooke Village?

Officer Dibble liked this post
Old October 3rd, 2014, 05:04 PM   #550
SE9
South East Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by phemark View Post
Does anyone else have any info about Kidbrooke Village?
There's lots of info on this thread (and the official website)
Old October 3rd, 2014, 06:11 PM   #551
SE9
South East Nine

Walkthrough of a studio at Maltby House:

phemark liked this post
Old October 3rd, 2014, 06:13 PM   #552
SE9
South East Nine

Failed Architecture have done a piece on the now demolished Ferrier Estate: http://failedarchitecture.com/photo-...errier-estate/
Old October 3rd, 2014, 06:14 PM   #553
SE9
South East Nine

And a book titled 'The Ferrier Boys' has been published in the past week: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...e-ferrier-boys
Old October 5th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #554
SE9
South East Nine

As Kidrooke Village final plans are submitted to Greenwich Council developer say additional 4,000 jobs to be made available
News Shopper
5 October 2014
Quote:
More than 4,000 new jobs will be made available in Greenwich following the submission of the final plans of Kidbrooke Village to Greenwich Council last week.

The final phases of the detailed village plans comprise an additional 782 new homes and will add a further 4,374 jobs to the 12,400 opportunities already created by the village over the past five years.

Developer Berkley Homes have assured that the project will also mean a number of new amenities for the Kidbrooke community including coffee shops, 23 acres of new parkland, permanent space for Sainsbury’s Local supermarket, reintroduction of buses to the village centre, children’s play areas and the planting of more than 1,000 new trees.

The major £1 billion development, in partnership with the Greater London Authority, Greenwich Council and the Kidbrooke community will also see a new, larger Wingfield Primary School which will be delivered six years earlier than planned.

Kidbrooke resident Matheus Gehring said: “We’ve only been living in Kidbrooke for a few weeks but it’s been fantastic – we already feel like part of the community. Everyone is very friendly and relaxed – there are always people in Sutcliffe Park and enjoying the other green spaces, and nobody feels too rushed.

"It’s so family friendly, and everyone chats to each other as they walk around the village. We’ve all been talking about how excited we are to be here. We’re really looking forward to being here as the development grows and more people arrive.”

Coupled with an improved bus interchange, reinstated B16 route and new pedestrian and cycle routes Berkeley Homes is investing over £5 million in local transport facilities in the borough including a new railway station for Kidbrooke, which will be in place by 2017.

Karl Whiteman, divisional managing director of Berkeley Homes, said: “The submission of the final phases takes us a major step closer to completing south-east London’s newest and most affordable village, generating over 4,000 jobs to add to the 12,400 opportunities already created at Kidbrooke.

“We’d like to thank the local community, council and everyone who participated in the July consultation and really helped us to shape the final plans which will extend the growing community we have at Kidbrooke Village. Greenwich is thriving and ever-changing, and it’s a very exciting time to play a part in its evolution.”

Work is planned to begin in early 2015 if plans are approved.
Old October 6th, 2014, 12:13 PM   #555
phemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post
There's lots of info on this thread (and the official website)
Yes, I know, and I read it all. I was just wondering for any "insider" information, new future plans and etc.

But thanks for all the updates!

SE9 liked this post
Old October 6th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #556
SE9
South East Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by phemark View Post
Yes, I know, and I read it all. I was just wondering for any "insider" information, new future plans and etc.

But thanks for all the updates!
Ah right!

I'll post the future plans on the next page

I would have done so already, but I didn't want to overload this page with images.

phemark liked this post
Old October 6th, 2014, 12:34 PM   #557
SE9
South East Nine

Walkthrough of a 2 bedroom apartment at Maltby House:

phemark liked this post
Old October 6th, 2014, 05:28 PM   #558
phemark

"High-rise blocks returning to Kidbrooke Village with £1bn Berkeley Homes estate set to include a 25-storey tower."

So will this 25 storey building be accepted in the council?
Old October 6th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #559
mrout

Likes (Received): 40

Total lack of ANY usable storage space in those bedrooms once you have a bed in there. Amazing how developers get away with this.

stevekeiretsu liked this post
mrout no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2014, 09:36 PM   #560
Retro Specs

Likes (Received): 3564

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrout View Post
Total lack of ANY usable storage space in those bedrooms once you have a bed in there. Amazing how developers get away with this.
There's something in the corridor that *might* be a built in wardrobe, the video doesn't look into it, but the bedrooms are small. No space for a desk or wardrobe or chest of drawers. You even see this in two bed and two bath apartments, and I can't help but think that one of the two bathrooms on those will end up as a storage place.
Advertisement

Tags
berkeley homes, ferrier estate, greenwich, kidbrooke, kidbrooke village, london, village