CBD - North > Aurora Melbourne Central - 224-252 La Trobe St > 271m / 84L / residential / completed - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Victoria

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 28th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #81
NoshowwithoutPunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkill View Post
They want the station entrance retained on the latrobe street frontage, which I think is a good idea. While the basement of the building will have a food court/retail area connecting to the existing one, a lift or stairway directly from the street is far clearer for people.

They should swap the carpark lifts to the north of the building where their current station access is listed (fronting Lt Latrobe) and move the station entrance to just inside the Latrobe street entrance.

Why is it a poorer outcome? More people will access the food court if it is north of Latrobe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
NoshowwithoutPunch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 11th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #82
melburn21
flame on.

Likes (Received): 3072

'Aurora Melbourne Central'

Last edited by melburn21; October 11th, 2014 at 12:32 PM.
melburn21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #83
Papps

Likes (Received): 1556

Great find melburn21 !!

It's about time something overshadowed the old Kumagai Gumi monstrosity.

I am starting to get bored looking at the old Kisho Kurokawa designed 'Godzilla' after so many years. It will likely be nominated as a great example of 'Metabolist' architecture and will probably be Heritage listed before much longer.....

This building will make a nice change. If nothing much else happens over the next 20 years, I'll be glad for it to see me out!

Nice shot of the old Bourke's ACTU Store on the corner.... But only Red will remember that one!
Papps está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 11th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #84
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 3681

I do...I do remember Bourkes...it closed down because Union members wanted a discount...and it was closed on mondays...weekends...and rostered days off...and public holidays and fridays were looked on as weekends anyhow...so...the guy who unlocked the place slept in most days but that never was noticed...for a while anyhow...
Old October 11th, 2014, 02:30 PM   #85
spiralout

Likes (Received): 370

Looks awesome! It probably won't get built coz it just looks too damn good
spiralout no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 02:54 PM   #86
Papps

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron_012 View Post
I do...I do remember Bourkes...it closed down because Union members wanted a discount...and it was closed on mondays...weekends...and rostered days off...and public holidays and fridays were looked on as weekends anyhow...so...the guy who unlocked the place slept in most days but that never was noticed...for a while anyhow...
Oh, that cracked me up so bad, so true, I can't stop laughing!!!!

But you are right spiralout, it's just too good a design to ever get built.....

It probably overshadows the State Library forecourt at 5:30 pm on September 22.... it will have to halved in size.
Old October 11th, 2014, 03:00 PM   #87
Bluey66

Likes (Received): 570

Who to say this well design building won't get built, l saw 2 ads in the Age newspaper tender section calling for tenders today.
Tell me why any construction companies would be calling for tenders,if it was not going to be built at all.
It would be a waste of time calling for tenders and money, for placing a ad in the tender section of the Age newspaper....don't you think so.
I remember reading on Urburn Melbourne website recently, that the Melbourne City Council were happy with the design and height and location of this building, and said they will advice the planning minister Mathew Guy to approve it.
Bluey66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #88
melburn21
flame on.

call for tenders? sales about to begin? awesome design?

yep - this is going to be ******* awesome. And it's going to happen

EDIT: holy shit - SSC won't let me say fück anymore! I didn't put those asterix in...!

Eastern37 liked this post

Last edited by melburn21; October 11th, 2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old October 11th, 2014, 04:48 PM   #89
soorox
メルボルン | 진짜야?

Likes (Received): 1554

Well that printing shop or whatever it was has moved out and has been closed for quite some time now. If something wasn't going to get built there, I'm sure the space would have been leased out by now. Really glad that the car park is going, and it will also clean up that part where people hang out and smoke outside the station entrance.
soorox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #90
Planks & Sticks
Rabid Furry Skier

Likes (Received): 1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by soorox View Post
Well that printing shop or whatever it was has moved out and has been closed for quite some time now. If something wasn't going to get built there, I'm sure the space would have been leased out by now. Really glad that the car park is going, and it will also clean up that part where people hang out and smoke outside the station entrance.
Was actually detouring there to drop into the computer store to make an emergency purchase as my computer's power supply unit died, only to find that they've moved out!

Then I remembered about this project, which made me less annoyed.
Planks & Sticks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2014, 01:00 AM   #91
Papps

Sorrrrrrrrrrry guys!!!!

We weren't meaning to send youse all into a hissy fit.

It's just that you forget we live in Melbourne. Experience over the last 50 years shows that 90% of the time our dream towers are culled back, dumbed down or even scrapped.

How often do they get bigger?????

Just look at Melbourne's never built.... Look at Melbourne Central... We had a beautiful tall proposal there 30 years ago, eventually to be replaced by the Metabolist interpretation with a couple of Godzilla antennas on top to make it taller.

Don't get too excited by all the current proposals.... State Government Elections, Fed Gov Foreign Investment reviews, changes to mum and dad property investment guidelines.... all are immediate players to define the future of construction in our town.

Offset by foreign currency fluctuations which presently seem to be making it more attractive for foreign investment. So while this boom lasts, who knows where it is all headed.

The years of experience does make us pessimists.... that's why we are old folk, that's our thinking, we've taken our share of falls over the years along with the odd boom (young ones fall into the boom and bust category because they haven't learnt the vagaries of economics yet).
Old October 12th, 2014, 01:15 AM   #92
Oriolus
OzScrapers Moderator

Likes (Received): 2341

This sounds pretty exciting. I didn't even think this was approved yet? But they're calling tenders (here is a link to one tender request). Looks like they're already marketing this to Chinese investors (see post here), which I guess is where melburn21 got those renders, and the name Aurora, which I think is a great name.

Visit me on flickr
Oriolus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2014, 02:17 AM   #93
Bluey66

Likes (Received): 570

This awesome looking tower has not yet been approved by the planning minister, and l hope he does approve it before we go to the state election in November, lets keep our fingers cross that it does get approve l know l sure am....Bluey66...(Les).

Papps liked this post
Bluey66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2014, 04:18 AM   #94
Papps

It either becomes a last hurrah (possibly) for Matty, or, a first hurrah (possibly) for 'Dandrews' to trumpet..... If he dares!

Either way, they will both have a chance at approving it.
Old October 14th, 2014, 04:36 PM   #95
melburn21
flame on.

apparently it will be transparent

soorox, Street Sweeper liked this post
Old October 14th, 2014, 11:03 PM   #96
Papps

I only wish that the Aurora Australis was visible from Melbourne as well!

I hope that the chances of this getting up are better than the chances of seeing the Aurora Australis from Melbourne.....

I am still greatly concerned about mid-afternoon shadowing over the State Library forecourt.
Old October 15th, 2014, 03:57 AM   #97
lozza
Go Ahead.....Make My Day!

Likes (Received): 2285

Dead Set Stunning.... Exactly what we need down that end of town !
lozza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 05:25 AM   #98
PaPa Riddlz
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papps View Post

I am still greatly concerned about mid-afternoon shadowing over the State Library forecourt.
From the MCC report-

"The shadow diagrams indicate that the library forecourt will not be overshadowed by the development between 11am and 2pm on 22 September and 22 June."

Doesn't appear to be any issue with overshadowing the forecourt. If there was, you can be sure the MCC would have objected to the tower or at least raised it as an issue.
PaPa Riddlz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 09:24 PM   #99
NewKIWI

Likes (Received): 35

1 bedroom Apartments start from $ 394,500 on level 10 up to $ 481,000 on level 91

2 bedroom 1 bathroom Apartments start from $ 547,000 on level 10 up to $ 669,200 on level 91

2 bedroom 2 bathroom Apartments start from $ 670,000 on level 35 up to $ 716,200 on level 65

2 bedroom 2 bathroom Apartments including 1 car space start from $ 828,200 on level 68 up to $ 880,000 on level 91 ( 2 bed 2 bath that are 90 sq meters internal start from $ 1,148,200 on level 68 )

3 bedroom 2 bathroom Apartments including 1 car space start from $ 1,181,000 on level 68 up to $ 1,212,000 on level 91

https://colliers.sendthisfile.com/do...JLkv6P0MQHVAqV

Oriolus liked this post

Last edited by NewKIWI; October 15th, 2014 at 09:40 PM.
NewKIWI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 09:37 PM   #100
NewKIWI

Likes (Received): 35

https://colliers.sendthisfile.com/do...JLkv6P0MQHVAqV

melburn21, NN01 liked this post
NewKIWI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement