Bangladesh Aviation - Part 15 - Page 49 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Bangladesh > Heritage, Tourism & Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 10th, 2019, 02:43 AM   #961
dopekhor
bleh!

Likes (Received): 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIslam View Post
I doubt BG would try DAC-JFK non stop.
oh they will!! ego issue for the big boss :P
dopekhor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2019, 01:59 PM   #962
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Likes (Received): 950

US aviation body downgrades Malaysia's air safety rating: Sources

Other countries in Category 2 include Bangladesh, Ghana and Costa Rica
TIslam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2019, 08:23 PM   #963
Manazir

Likes (Received): 665

I had no idea that only 5 countries are Category 2 countries! Astonishing that even a lot of other 3rd world countries have Cat 1 rating.... shame on CAAB!
Manazir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:20 AM   #964
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Likes (Received): 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manazir View Post

I had no idea that only 5 countries are Category 2 countries! Astonishing that even a lot of other 3rd world countries have Cat 1 rating.... shame on CAAB!
Prior to Malaysia, Thailand airports were downgraded to category 2 by US FAA.

International airports across the world get downgraded and/or upgraded often as FAA conducts its periodic audits (I don't know the interval). For example, Philippines MNL airport was downgraded to category 2, and then Indian airports were downgraded some years back. Both countries were successful to regain category 1 rating after submitting for re-audits, having made up the deficiency (problems) that were cited by FAA.

Bangladesh, (and perhaps a handful of countries) is a special case in that it has structural problem with how civil aviation is administered. The fundamental issue is how the civil aviation agency, the administrative body, i.e. CAAB is organized, staffed, and managed as well as how CAAB meets its obligations. Unless it has finally fixed, CAAB has been routinely staffed and managed by BAF personnel on deputation for civil duties. That is a no no. CAAB needs to be independent of Bangladesh military. Not only that, it has to be independent from the ministry of civil aviation. Beyond that, a competent civil aviation agency has to have some key departments within the organization that discharge various functions like aircraft airworthiness safety inspectors, airport security inspectors, crash/disaster management experts, and so on.

Unless all those requirements have been satisfactorily met, I don't believe FAA would upgrade Bangladesh to category 1.

Rokto14 liked this post
TIslam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: