DOWNTOWN TAMPA | Riverwalk Place | 58 stories | 637 feet | 288 units | site demo - Page 66 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Tampa Bay Area

Tampa Bay Area Includes Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties
» Transportation and Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 17th, 2020, 05:58 AM   #1301
mikesmith53

Likes (Received): 1

Hoping for 57

I was hoping for the 57 floors since this would help improve the skyline and put the area on the map so to speak. Also, I actually think the view would be better at 58 than 40. The view at 57-58 would go over the other buildings, while with a twin the upper floor would get a view of, the other tower. So the view gets better further up you go.

I hope the developers continue with their plans for a 58 floor building. Given how fast the area is growing and the immense demand, I can't see why not. The building would be a landmark, while two shorter buildings would not be cheaper, and it would be ho-hum (an engineer told me this, because it would require two foundations, it does not work out to be cheaper ). Also, many news articles had said the building was sold out anyway, and everything was a go.

Last edited by mikesmith53; January 17th, 2020 at 06:07 AM.
mikesmith53 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 17th, 2020, 03:32 PM   #1302
cagonz

Likes (Received): 218

Looks like the website is dead!
cagonz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2020, 04:14 PM   #1303
JGeek2018

Likes (Received): 656

Umm...well, its obvious where Riverwalk Place got its inspiration from...this 649 ft tower was proposed in Miami in 2014. I didn't even notice.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=211431

Possibility an idea Riverwalk Place 2? One is 315 ft (28 story) and the other one is 362 ft (32 story).

JGeek2018 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2020, 08:56 PM   #1304
FLman941

Likes (Received): 18

I'm still confused about what happened with this, was it lack of sales or foundation issues? This lot has been a bust since trump came to town. Looks like the regions building will forever hold the title as tallest in the city
FLman941 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:27 PM   #1305
Brian72

Likes (Received): 1123

I heard the site was taken down so they can transition the new look when ready and since they are certain it will change, there was no reason to keep up the site to avoid confusion.

Personally, I am not excited about this and think it would be best if sold to a group that wants to capitalize this location to it's fullest.

For now, having the Cap gone and cleared will make it more enjoyable in the meantime and probably more attractive to other developers not wanting to deal with that demo...

JGeek2018 liked this post
Brian72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:38 PM   #1306
FLman941

Likes (Received): 18

I agree, this should be maximized to its fullest potential and not half assed. I'd rather see good quality downtown than alot of mediocre buildings. It's just sad that this was marketed as the nicest, largest residential building on the west coast of Florida and now they're more than likely gonna come back with a half assed plan and design they slapped together in a few months that will probably suck compared to the original.

JGeek2018 liked this post
FLman941 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:41 PM   #1307
Dale

Likes (Received): 5829

Except that the Tampa design is much superior to the Miami design.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2020, 11:09 PM   #1308
JGeek2018

Likes (Received): 656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Except that the Tampa design is much superior to the Miami design.
Yep. It really sucks because the Tampa design was really good. It would have really transformed Tampa’s skyline and made it look much better.
JGeek2018 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2020, 11:54 PM   #1309
Del Mayberry

Likes (Received): 608

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLman941 View Post
I'm still confused about what happened with this, was it lack of sales or foundation issues? This lot has been a bust since trump came to town. Looks like the regions building will forever hold the title as tallest in the city
It was champagne buyers on a beer budget. They didn't want to pay more for the units that were above 35-40 floors especially when the view was not any different.
Del Mayberry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:43 AM   #1310
Dale

Likes (Received): 5829

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGeek2018 View Post
Yep. It really sucks because the Tampa design was really good. It would have really transformed Tampa’s skyline and made it look much better.
Didn’t lament the Trump tower not working out. It was a crap design.

But this one leaves a mark.

gstolze liked this post
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:53 AM   #1311
Tampa on the move.

Likes (Received): 183

I still think Feldman will come up with something really nice for that prime location. Thank God Tampa has so much going on that it doesn't hurt as much..
Tampa on the move. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:38 AM   #1312
mikesmith53

Likes (Received): 1

I was talking to an engineering friend...We think they should go, with three super slender 1000 foot, 93 floor buildings, horizontally cross braced with each other,. Make the base width of each tower 56 feet by 56 feet, providing a 2700 sqft living area plus 400 sq foot core. It would be a one of the kind building that would place Tampa up with New York City with its skyline and send a clear message Tampa is a major metropolis.

The towers can taper to 51 feet by 51 feet, and 41 by 41, toward the top, giving units with 2200 and 1200 sqft respectively, in addition to core. Each unit would have an entire floor to itself in a tower. This works out to about 280 units, 93 units per tower. One or more of the towers could also remain at 56 by 56 feet
all the way to the top, giving a 2700 sqft units to the top, with the possibility of subdividing floors into multiple units.

I was talking to an engineering friend about this and they said this could be an economical way to do a super tall, super slender skyscraper and put Tampa up in the same league as Chicago and New York City with tall buildings.

This means that each unit would have 360 degrees of windows. Each tower would have an elevator or two, elevators would be glass elevators on the exterior.

The three cross braced 1000 foot super slenders carries many economies and advantages, it gives the best possible views due to an overshoot over all other buildings, and could easily allow a long distance view probably out into the gulf.

Each tower is spaced a bit from each other tower, this spacing works with the cross bracing to increase the stability of the towers, its an efficient way to do a super tall because you end up with a wider straddle between the towers without actually having to increase the overall footprint of the towers themselves, because of the horizontal bracing in the space between the towers. This gives you more stability with less cost.

It could work beautifully, The developers need to look at this design. If your going to spend money to put in a large condo building, might as well put us up with New York City.

corski liked this post

Last edited by mikesmith53; Today at 05:27 AM.
mikesmith53 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:46 AM   #1313
corski

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmith53 View Post
I was talking to an engineering friend...We think they should go, with three super slender 1000 foot, 93 floor buildings, horizontally cross braced with each other,. Make the base width of each tower 56 feet by 56 feet, providing a 2700 sqft living area plus 400 sq foot core. It would be a one of the kind building that would place Tampa up with New York City with its skyline and send a clear message Tampa is a major metropolis.

The towers can taper to 51 feet by 51 feet, and 41 by 41, toward the top, giving units with 2200 and 1200 sqft respectively, in addition to core. Each unit would have an entire floor to itself in a tower. This works out to about 280 units, 93 units per tower. One or more of the towers could also remain at 56 by 56 feet
all the way to the top, giving a 2700 sqft units to the top, with the possibility of subdividing floors into multiple units.

I was talking to an engineering friend about this and they said this could be an economical way to do a super tall, super slender skyscraper and put Tampa up in the same league as Chicago and New York City with tall buildings.

This means that each unit would have 360 degrees of windows. Each tower would have an elevator or two, elevators would be glass elevators on the exterior.

The three cross braced 1000 foot super slenders carries many economies and advantages, it gives the best possible views due to an overshoot over all other buildings, and could easily allow a long distance view probably out into the gulf.

Each tower is spaced a bit from each other tower, this spacing works with the cross bracing to increase the stability of the towers, its an efficient way to do a super tall because you end up with a wider straddle between the towers without actually having to increase the overall footprint of the towers themselves, because of the horizontal bracing in the space between the towers. This gives you more stability with less cost.

It could work beautifully, The developers need to look at this design. If your going to spend money to put in a large condo building, might as well put us up with New York City.

Love it but would this even be financially feasible? What would be the cost per building? Could they do one at a time and build as they sell?
corski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement