DOWNTOWN LA | Oceanwide Plaza | 677ft | 49 fl | 530ft x 2 | 40 fl | T/O - Page 32 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West > Local Forums > Los Angeles > Infrastructure Forums > Projects

Projects Los Angeles Metropolitan Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 20th, 2020, 09:28 AM   #621
-Corey-
Je suis tout vous

Likes (Received): 5363

Is it almost completed?

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2020, 09:37 AM   #622
metrocity789

Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Corey- View Post
Is it almost completed?
No, it's still halted. It probably won't resume construction until further notice.
metrocity789 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2020, 06:04 AM   #623
Niftbox

Likes (Received): 82

Well Oceanwide did sell their SF construction so they're either going to be funding LA or selling it off, so expect something soon. Considering Oceanwide's location in LA near the main activity it would be a missed opportunity for the ages. Then again, I'm not a big China proponent and wouldn't be excited for them if they did continue.
Niftbox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2020, 05:23 AM   #624
MAGA2020

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftbox View Post
Well Oceanwide did sell their SF construction so they're either going to be funding LA or selling it off, so expect something soon. Considering Oceanwide's location in LA near the main activity it would be a missed opportunity for the ages. Then again, I'm not a big China proponent and wouldn't be excited for them if they did continue.
Los Angeles economy is in the toilet.
MAGA2020 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2020, 06:00 AM   #625
pesto

Likes (Received): 4194

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGA2020 View Post
Dirt patch! You're back with one of your other sock puppets on your finger pretending you are a real person. How many do you have altogether? Do you lock the doors when you talk with them or do all your neighbors already know about you?
pesto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2020, 06:00 AM   #626
Niftbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGA2020 View Post
I doubt a city ranked 7 in NA with 14 skyscrapers under construction qualifies as in the toilet but I guess some people see the bad in everything.
Old January 30th, 2020, 06:14 AM   #627
pesto

Quote:
I doubt a city ranked 7 in NA with 14 skyscrapers under construction qualifies as in the toilet but I guess some people see the bad in everything.
Since you are new: this poster is the same as "dirt patch" who trolls the LA and SJ threads and occasionally others across the country. In the SJ thread he is almost completely blocked.

Best not to respond at all since he is just spewing hate and doesn't mind being consistently wrong. He once said that LA would get no new buildings for a generation. Since then about 17 buildings have started and, as you note, maybe 40 more are going through EIR's or city clearance. Not counting the dozens of mid-rises all over town, stadiums, museums, art galleries and performance venues.
Old January 30th, 2020, 06:23 AM   #628
Hudson11
Excelsior!

Likes (Received): 38496

Oceanwide sold their SF project and put their NYC one on the market, wouldnt be surprised to see this follow suit soon.
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2020, 06:35 AM   #629
pesto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
Oceanwide sold their SF project and put their NYC one on the market, wouldnt be surprised to see this follow suit soon.
It was reported some time ago that this one is already on the market. I suppose it is possible they could raise funds from the other sales and finish this one, but I assume they will sell it as well.
Old January 30th, 2020, 11:01 AM   #630
dirt patch

Likes (Received): 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
Dirt patch! You're back with one of your other sock puppets on your finger pretending you are a real person. How many do you have altogether? Do you lock the doors when you talk with them or do all your neighbors already know about you?
Construction is really slowing down downtown for sure now. Too much crime/homeless with too much glut of residential units. Office market never really catching on. Maybe by the Olympics, things may improve.
dirt patch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2020, 11:09 AM   #631
dirt patch

From here on out: most developments will take place in Hollywood/West Hollywood and point Westside including Century City. The valley will see construction. New buildings construction have gone back to where it has been before 2005. Sorry, Junkyard Dog(Downtown L.A.), no more food for you. It's over now basically with few left.
Old January 30th, 2020, 06:29 PM   #632
pesto

As I have said in the SJ threads, I won't comment on your posts until you assure me that you are getting professional help.
Old January 30th, 2020, 07:32 PM   #633
dirt patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
As I have said in the SJ threads, I won't comment on your posts until you assure me that you are getting professional help.
No comment needed: you're in denial
Old January 31st, 2020, 03:01 AM   #634
Niftbox

Dirt patch, you provided no evidence that LA is in a housing glut, nor have you provided any data to suggest that DTLA will see no further development, as far as I'm concerned it's healthier than it's ever been. Have you seen the development along Fig this past year or do you only talk doom and gloom? Heck even Bunker Hill is getting development from Gehry's The Grand across from Disney Concert Hall that will boost downtown activity enormously.
Old January 31st, 2020, 04:12 AM   #635
Luke09

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Dirt patch, you provided no evidence that LA is in a housing glut, nor have you provided any data to suggest that DTLA will see no further development, as far as I'm concerned it's healthier than it's ever been. Have you seen the development along Fig this past year or do you only talk doom and gloom? Heck even Bunker Hill is getting development from Gehry's The Grand across from Disney Concert Hall that will boost downtown activity enormously.
Yep.
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ces-u-s-cities
Luke09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2020, 05:37 AM   #636
dirt patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke09 View Post
Grand tower by Related and several by Omni are taken into account: said few development still underway. Real boom is over downtown. The whole city is whole another matter. Downtown office market is lagging compared to the rest of L.A and environs. Ask any agents: downtown L.A has huge supply of unleased units. Don't get it wrong: L.A is totally booming albeit minus downtown.
Old January 31st, 2020, 07:34 PM   #637
dirt patch

For proof: https://therealdeal.com/la/2020/01/1...ctor-pullback/ Sorry, Pesto
Old February 1st, 2020, 08:55 AM   #638
Niftbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt patch View Post
Grand tower by Related and several by Omni are taken into account: said few development still underway. Real boom is over downtown. The whole city is whole another matter. Downtown office market is lagging compared to the rest of L.A and environs. Ask any agents: downtown L.A has huge supply of unleased units. Don't get it wrong: L.A is totally booming albeit minus downtown.
So you're judging a city by it's downtown which is stupid, the city is healthy and DTLA will grow over time, also judging by how much sprawl LA has it will inherently be a late bloomer in the skyscraper game, there's just too much development spread out over 200 square miles, no real need to build vertical just yet, it's getting close though.
Old February 1st, 2020, 11:13 PM   #639
losangelino

Likes (Received): 314

There are lights in all three structures now. Look to be elevator shaft lights perhaps? Can see them as tall as the buildings themselves from as far back as the 105 fwy. So something is going on. You just can't see it.
losangelino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2020, 11:47 PM   #640
MAGA2020

Likes (Received): 0

China sugar daddy money is drying up for Los Angeles
All jobs are moving out of state to texas
MAGA2020 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dtla, fig central, los angeles, oceanwide plaza, usa