PYONGYANG - Rungnado 1st of May Stadium (150,000) - Page 11 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: Do you tink the May day stadium REALLY takes 150 000 SEATED people ?
YES 338 46.49%
NO 389 53.51%
Voters: 727. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:47 AM   #201
adeaide
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,404
Likes (Received): 2003



adeaide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 28th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #202
will101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: silicon valley or Salem
Posts: 5,514
Likes (Received): 3153

Why is it that so many people do not understand the word propoganda? They made up the 150,000 figure, so they could have the "greatest" stadium in the world.
__________________

Hansadyret liked this post
will101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #203
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis
 
alexandru.mircea's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,246
Likes (Received): 11394

^ Propaganda does not necessarily rely on fake. For example, in Romania Ceausescu genuinely wanted to build the largest building in the world and the largest boulevard in the world leading to it, it was the architects which downsized them to #2 without telling him (allegedly).
__________________
The Death of a Once Great City

parcdesprinces liked this post
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 4th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #204
ThatOneGuy
Real Horrorshow
 
ThatOneGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto - Bucharest - Freeport
Posts: 22,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by will101 View Post
Why is it that so many people do not understand the word propoganda? They made up the 150,000 figure, so they could have the "greatest" stadium in the world.
It's not just DPRK that is reporting that figure, so we cannot be sure if it is fake or not.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2013, 05:16 AM   #205
repin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 605
Likes (Received): 160

with Moranbong Stadium (70k)








[QUOTE=adeaide;62197217]




if you want to see more pictures of Rungnado 1st of May Stadium including World major stadiums , Please visit below URL.

http://cafe.daum.net/stade/5BHe/21?d...20080322025952
__________________

will101 liked this post

Last edited by repin; September 12th, 2013 at 05:23 AM.
repin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #206
repin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 605
Likes (Received): 160

__________________

will101 liked this post
repin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #207
BlazerBlaze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ATL
Posts: 811
Likes (Received): 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by repin View Post
I like the lights in hole in the roof. Its a nice touch. And is that Astro Turf? Eww
BlazerBlaze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 04:27 AM   #208
Huskies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 334
Likes (Received): 51

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2013/09/no...horough_revamp

Interesting! I wonder if this means that the pixelstand will be removed?
__________________

parcdesprinces liked this post
Huskies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 04:59 AM   #209
fanspy
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 78
Likes (Received): 51

It looks spectacular. 150000 is plausable because of the athletics track and the distance between the track and the stands.
fanspy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #210
honeycutt
Registered User
 
honeycutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 25
Likes (Received): 21

Kim Jong-un orders spruce up of world's biggest stadium as millions starve

Photo: AFP/Getty Images

Cannot wait to see the new, renovated, Mayday Stadium...
Hope NKorean government will release the rendering for the stadium soon...
honeycutt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #211
Huskies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 334
Likes (Received): 51

http://www.360cities.net/image/arira....28,12.96,80.3

360 panorama. Does not exactly show anything we have not seen already but still pretty cool
Huskies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #212
Huskies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 334
Likes (Received): 51

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_v465pYAbE

1:36 in this video may be the most interesting find to date. It shows an empty pixelstand that is transparent on the sides (probably being deconstructed) It almost looks like a curtain of ropes or something.

From this video we can atleast confirm the following: The stands underneath the pixelstand (no major changes to the concrete structure has been made, the pixel stand is just a temporary structure covering the real stand) are still intact but do not have seats.
__________________

parcdesprinces liked this post
Huskies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2013, 08:55 AM   #213
adeaide
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,404
Likes (Received): 2003

__________________

will101 liked this post
adeaide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2014, 08:56 PM   #214
adeaide
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,404
Likes (Received): 2003










__________________
adeaide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 11:06 PM   #215
trmather
Registered User
 
trmather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: St. Helens, Merseyside
Posts: 555
Likes (Received): 110

That looks fantastic.

Wonder if we'll ever actually see an attendance figure.
trmather no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2014, 02:53 AM   #216
Fabio1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 762
Likes (Received): 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeaide View Post









Fantastic !! What was the game and above all what has been the attendance ?
__________________

will101 liked this post
Fabio1976 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2015, 06:24 PM   #217
juliā65
Registered User
 
juliā65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,115
Likes (Received): 4979

To know if a stadium is bigger than another is really difficult because the structure of the stands do not match, the size of the seats, wide aisles and political interests.
This is the case of Rungrado May Day Stadium that prides itself on being the world's largest when apparently it is not.
All stadiums change over time configuration and comfort. Maracana allowed entry up to 200,000 spectators and now only reaches 90,000 seats.
The Camp Nou has a record of 128,000 and now offers 99,000 seats.
The last case is the Salt Lake Stadium that has always been high on the list with 120,000 capacity and has has fallen to 68,000 after installing seats.

I'll try to calculate the (approximate) exact number of seats on the Rungrado May Day Stadium by a different system used so far.
The game space is 201 x 142 meters. Considerably more than the usual athletics track.
The number of rows is as follows:
Down side of first stand 23 rows of 80 cm
Aisle of 1 meter
Up side of first stand 36 rows of 75 cm
Cantilever of 10 rows
Second tier 32 rows of 70 cm

With these figures we can calculate that the number of linear meters with seat are:
First row: 547 meters
Last row lower part: 615 meters
First row high side first tier: 619
Last row first tier: 725
First row second tier: 695
Last row second tier: 785

This is 61235 meters
If 11% is occupied by corridors
There are 42 exits in the upper tier seats representing 2268
There are 38 exits in lower tier seats representing 3344
The VIP seating area occupies 3900 seats
The 4 outputs on the track representing 1,500 seats

If we consider an standar 45 centimiters wide seats.....


Therefore the stadium capacity is 110097 plus VIP seats (800) regardless which once without individual seats may have entered exceptionally 150,000 spectators.
Sure there an error in this calculation but I doubt is greater than 2%.

It is interesting to add that the stand of human pixels is suitable for 16520 people (70 rows of 236 people) occupying a space in which there are 25,000 seats.
__________________

will101 liked this post
juliā65 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2015, 09:21 PM   #218
Huskies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 334
Likes (Received): 51









And now we finally get to see the mysterious concourses!!!























__________________
Huskies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2015, 10:25 PM   #219
will101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: silicon valley or Salem
Posts: 5,514
Likes (Received): 3153

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliā65 View Post
Therefore the stadium capacity is 110097 plus VIP seats (800) regardless which once without individual seats may have entered exceptionally 150,000 spectators.
Sure there an error in this calculation but I doubt is greater than 2%.
So I was correct 20 months ago when I stated that the 150,000 figure is pure propaganda.
__________________

juliā65 liked this post
will101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2015, 02:59 AM   #220
Huskies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 334
Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliā65 View Post
To know if a stadium is bigger than another is really difficult because the structure of the stands do not match, the size of the seats, wide aisles and political interests.
This is the case of Rungrado May Day Stadium that prides itself on being the world's largest when apparently it is not.
All stadiums change over time configuration and comfort. Maracana allowed entry up to 200,000 spectators and now only reaches 90,000 seats.
The Camp Nou has a record of 128,000 and now offers 99,000 seats.
The last case is the Salt Lake Stadium that has always been high on the list with 120,000 capacity and has has fallen to 68,000 after installing seats.

I'll try to calculate the (approximate) exact number of seats on the Rungrado May Day Stadium by a different system used so far.
The game space is 201 x 142 meters. Considerably more than the usual athletics track.
The number of rows is as follows:
Down side of first stand 23 rows of 80 cm
Aisle of 1 meter
Up side of first stand 36 rows of 75 cm
Cantilever of 10 rows
Second tier 32 rows of 70 cm

With these figures we can calculate that the number of linear meters with seat are:
First row: 547 meters
Last row lower part: 615 meters
First row high side first tier: 619
Last row first tier: 725
First row second tier: 695
Last row second tier: 785

This is 61235 meters
If 11% is occupied by corridors
There are 42 exits in the upper tier seats representing 2268
There are 38 exits in lower tier seats representing 3344
The VIP seating area occupies 3900 seats
The 4 outputs on the track representing 1,500 seats

If we consider an standar 45 centimiters wide seats.....


Therefore the stadium capacity is 110097 plus VIP seats (800) regardless which once without individual seats may have entered exceptionally 150,000 spectators.
Sure there an error in this calculation but I doubt is greater than 2%.

It is interesting to add that the stand of human pixels is suitable for 16520 people (70 rows of 236 people) occupying a space in which there are 25,000 seats.
I think you are underestemating the legroom, it looks VERY generous in the pictures. And I have seen nothing to suggest that the legroom is only 70 cm in the top. Can you redo the calculation using atleast 80 cm for all the rows (I seriously think it could be even more, atleast on some rows)

If it not to much to ask, can you use the same formula and put 80 cm as legroom, and perhaps one more with 85 or 90 cm. it would be interesting to see how much this increase affects overall capacity, since i am SURE it is more than 70 on those top rows.

Also tourists are occasionally allowed to go here to watch mass games etc. If we can figure out what the legroom for every row would have to be to reach 150 000 seats, then it will be really easy for anyone who reads this thread before their north korea trip to just discreetly pul out a meassuring tape when the light dims and everyone is watching the games (or maybe safer to memorize the lenght of your arm or someting) and meassure the distance from backrest to backrest. If it is less than the figure required to reach 150k, we can atleast confirm (I know we already kind of know it but still) that 150k is a lie.

Last edited by Huskies; January 27th, 2015 at 03:06 AM.
Huskies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Tags
north korea, pyongyang, soccer

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us