Airports of Øresund Metro Area | News & Updates - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 187 votes, 5.00 average.
Old February 10th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #41
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisling View Post
Still below 08' though...And 07'...
cphdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 10th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #42
Pisling
Construction Time Again

Likes (Received): 102

It's the financial crisis. The horror. The horror...
Old February 11th, 2010, 05:15 AM   #43
Fab 5

Likes (Received): 3

A little bit off the previous topics, however, my opinion is pretty clear: The Nordic & Baltics is such a small market that there really should only be one long-haul airport - and I don't care whether this would end up being ARN, OSL or CPH (or HEL for that matter).
I know this is controversial with so many hopeless national interests at stake (all want their own, little long-haul hub), however, what WILL happen if there is no such decision reached on a single Nordic & Baltics hub is pretty clear: Fewer and fewer new long-haul routes will open up in the region, some of the existing ones will close down - all in all a stagnation at best. And more feeder routes to LHR, AMS, CDG and FRA will start up.

What is happening at the European scene right now is the consolidation of LHR, AMS, CDG and FRA as the main long-haul hubs with MAD and MUC becoming regional long-haul hubs. I don't believe, looking ten years into the future that there will any room and market whatsoever for small long-haul hubs like the Nordic ones (pending on whether some of the LCCs will succeed in creating a market for low-cost long-haul travelling - that could change things considerably). We need a single, strong Nordic & Baltic long-haul hub if we are to maintain an attractive range of long-haul flights out of and to our region - and in order to do so we need to get rid of narrow-minded, national interests.

Old February 13th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #44
Pisling
Construction Time Again

Quote:
CPH støtter regionen
København og Øresundsregionen er for ukendt i udlandet. For at tiltrække flere turister og flere internationale investeringer er Københavns Lufthavn gået sammen med en række offentlige interessenter og private virksomheder på begge sider af Øresund om at forbedre markedsføringen af regionen i udlandet. Dermed er der ikke tale om statsstøtte til Københavns Lufthavn som påstået i visse medier.

Københavns Lufthavn er sammen med Wonderful Copenhagen og Copenhagen Capacity initiativtagere til en ny fond, Copenhagen Connected, der skal arbejde for bedre markedsføring af København og Øresundsregionen i udlandet. Formålet er at gøre regionen mere kendt i udlandet for at tiltrække flere turister og flere erhvervsinvesteringer.

”Den internationale tilgængelighed til Øresundsregionen er vital for turismen, eksporten og for muligheden for at tiltrække udenlandske investeringer til regionen. Når vi kigger på, hvad andre regioner og byer rundt om i Europa gør, kan vi se, at der er behov for bedre markedsføring i udlandet. Regionen er simpelthen for ukendt,” siger Lars Bernhard Jørgensen, adm. direktør, Wonderful Copenhagen og formand for Copenhagen Connected.

CPH bidrager med 12 mio. kr.
Copenhagen Connected skal derfor rejse private og offentlige midler til at øge markedsføringsindsatsen i udlandet, og planen er at rejse ca. 200 mio. kr. over de næste fire år. Indtil videre er der givet endeligt tilsagn på 18 mio. kroner fra Visit Denmark, 8 mio. fra Københavns Kommune og 16 mio. fra Region Hovedstaden – ligesom Københavns Lufthavn bidrager med 12 mio. kroner.

”Copenhagen Connected er dermed ikke – som det fejlagtigt fremgår i diverse medier – noget Københavns Lufthavn får penge fra, men derimod noget vi bidrager til. I dette initiativ støtter lufthavnen byen, ikke omvendt. Målet er at få flere rejsende til byen, og det gavner alt lige fra hoteller, taxaer, restauranter, konferencecentre til forlystelser som Tivoli,” siger salgsdirektør Carsten Nørland, Københavns Lufthavn.

Samtidig viser en OECD rapport fra 2009 om hovedstadens konkurrenceevne, at når der skabes 100 stillinger i det københavnske, så giver det 20 nye jobs i resten af landet. Dermed gavner Copenhagen Connected ikke kun Øresundsregionen men hele landet.

Gør som Barcelona
I de senere år har en række regioner og storbyer i Europa øget deres internationale markedsføring til gavn for både turisme og internationale investeringer. Et eksempel er Barcelona, der efter afholdelse af De Olympiske Lege i 1992 har arbejdet målrettet med markedsføring. Og det har båret frugt, og i dag er den spanske storby en yndet turistattraktion.

I dag er der fra Københavns Lufthavn fem daglige afgange til Barcelona med fire forskellige flyselskaber. En opgørelse, som Københavns Lufthavn har foretaget viser, at der er over 60 procent danskere og svenskere på flyene til og fra Barcelona, mens der kun er ca. 15 procent spaniere.

”Hvis vi kan gøre København og Øresundsregionen mere kendt i Barcelona, kan vi ved med til at øge andelen af spanske rejsende til København. Og flere spanske besøgende vil alt andet lige betyde øgede turistindtægter til gavn for hele Danmark,” siger Carsten Nørland.
Source: http://www.cph.dk/CPH/DK/PRESSE/Nyhe...r+regionen.htm
Old February 13th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #45
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malmö | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 740

Good initiative. It's about time old European cities realize the importance of marketing themselves to the world...
Old February 13th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #46
Xed

Likes (Received): 1146

Agree. Let's just hope, they won't do silly youtube commercials with young, promiscuous single mothers
Xed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #47
Pisling
Construction Time Again

Quote:
CPH: Strong finish to challenging year
Despite the downturn in the world economy during 2009, Copenhagen Airports A/S (CPH) succeeded in recovering the traffic lost following the bankruptcy of Sterling and, towards the end of the year, had more locally departing passengers than the year before. CPH is therefore reporting a profit that is in line with its forecasts. A new long-term charges agreement with the airlines and announced increases in the number of long-haul routes will strengthen the company going forward. CPH is working with its stakeholders on both sides of the Øresund strait to strengthen the awareness of the Øresund region abroad, which is a prerequisite for future growth both for the region and for the airport.

Passenger numbers at Copenhagen Airport dropped by 8.4% in 2009, which led to a 6% drop in revenue to DKK 2.9 billion. Excluding one-off items, profit after tax declined by 24% to DKK 645 million, primarily due to increased depreciation on assets due to the continuing high investment level and interest expense.

“We have seen a change for the better in travel patterns during the year. Many passengers chose to go on summer holidays in spite of the economic downturn, and we saw an increase in passenger numbers in the last quarter of the year. Moreover, Copenhagen Airport has now fully recovered the traffic lost following the Sterling bankruptcy in 2008 in terms of number of routes, driven especially by growth from Norwegian, Transavia, easyJet and Cimber Sterling,” said Brian Petersen, CEO of Copenhagen Airports A/S.

Strengthening the hub
In the course of 2009, CPH signed a new 5½-year agreement on the charges paid by airlines for use of the airport. Charges will be kept at the current levels until April 2011, after which they will increase by CPI+1% over the following four years. The charges agreement will benefit both CPH and the airlines, resulting in a stable period with defined charges for both CPH and the airlines.

The agreement also strengthens Copenhagen Airport’s position as a northern European hub, which is a prerequisite for increasing accessibility to the Øresund region. In the next few years, CPH will work closely with a number of organisations and stakeholders on both sides of the Øresund. Among other things, international awareness of the region will be strengthened through increased promotion of the Øresund region as a destination.

“When Delta Air Lines, Air Canada and Qatar Airways open their new routes to New York JFK, Toronto and Doha, respectively, in 2010, Copenhagen will have 18 intercontinental routes, the highest number since the turn of the century. The three new routes represent an important step in the efforts to strengthen our position as a hub and in increasing accessibility to the Øresund region. The collaboration across the Øresund is to ensure that we continue to be successful in attracting new routes, thereby benefiting tourism as well as trade and industry, ”said Brian Petersen.

A high level of capital investment
CPH maintained a high level of investment in 2009 with investments primarily in the construction of the new low-cost pier, CPH Swift, renovation of Pier C which is primarily used for long-haul flights, renovation of the north-end of Terminal 3, renovation of toilets and a number of upgrades to IT systems and information screens in the check-in area.

CPH will continue the high investment level in 2010, not least in connection with the construction of CPH Swift, which will provide airport facilities designed to meet the needs of the steadily growing number of low-cost airlines.

“If CPH is to hold its own against strong international competition, we must focus on strengthening our transfer product and concurrently cater to the demands of low-cost airlines. The low cost airlines in particular have changed people’s travel habits, and in order for CPH to exploit the great potential and attract more low cost airlines, we must have a product adapted to their needs. CPH Swift is therefore necessary if we are to be an attractive airport to low cost airlines,” said Brian Petersen about CPH Swift, which is expected to open towards the end of the year.

Outlook
Whilst challenges remain in 2010, CPH forecasts an increase in the number of passengers, which is expected to have a positive impact on revenue. Earnings are expected to be slightly below the 2009 level due to increased depreciation on assets due to a continuing high level of investments and financing costs.
Source: http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/Newsroom/Ne...nging+year.htm
Old March 4th, 2010, 03:25 AM   #48
staff
囧!

There's no stopping CPH's intercontinental frenzy as of late. Now *A partner EgyptAir launches CPH-Cairo route.
Within the last few months Air Canada, Emirates, Qatar Airways, MEA, Delta Airlines and EgyptAir have all announced intercontinental routes out of CPH.

Danish only:

http://www.takeoff.dk/news/18902
Quote:
Egypt Air åbner på København

Skrevet af Redaktionen den 03/03 2010 klokken 07:34 - 0 kommentarer

Med et års forsinkelse genåbner Egypt Air til oktober på Københavns Lufthavn.

Det var ventet sidste år, at Afrikas største flyselskab, Star Alliance-medlemmet Egypt Air, efter seks års fraværd vendte tilbage til Københavns Lufthavn.

Egypt Air blev i 2006 medlem af verdens største luftfartsalliance. Til at begynde har ruten fra Cairo til København tre ugentlige forbindelser.

Fra København forbinder Egypt Air 22 europæiske destinationer og 13 indenrigslufthavne i Egypten.

I Skandinavien vil Københavns Lufthavn være Egypt Airs eneste forbindelse. Til at flyve på den nye rute til København indsætter Egypt Air et nyt Boeing 737-800.

Egypt Air er grundlagt i 1932 og er et af verdens ældste flyselskaber. Selskabet åbnede i 1932 og har i dag 64 fly, der betjener 63 lufthavne uden for Egypten og otte indenfor landet.
Old March 4th, 2010, 03:46 AM   #49
staff
囧!

Btw this is CPH's first non-stop Africa route since South African Airways, EgyptAir and Ethiopian all closed their CPH routes in the early 90s.

Too bad Varig went belly-up a couple of years ago, otherwise CPH would have had non-stop flights to all continents (bar Oceania, which is impossible) again. Let's hope TAM will come to CPH at some point.
Old March 4th, 2010, 06:46 AM   #50
staff
囧!

Apparently SAS will re-open the CPH-Shanghai route no later than 2011!

In Chinese:
http://www.caacnews.com.cn/mhb/html/...tent_58430.htm

Google Translate:
http://translate.google.com/translat...sl=zh-CN&tl=en
Old March 6th, 2010, 03:25 AM   #51
staff
囧!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staff View Post
Btw this is CPH's first non-stop Africa route since South African Airways, EgyptAir and Ethiopian all closed their CPH routes in the early 90s
Correction-- Nouvelair has a weekly route between CPH and Tunis since about a year ago.
Old March 6th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #52
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 4702

Wich airport has the most intercontinental flights here in our region. ?
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2010, 12:31 PM   #53
staff
囧!

If you mean the Nordic region, it is CPH followed by Helsinki (I believe).

Last edited by staff; March 6th, 2010 at 12:38 PM.
staff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #54
staff
囧!

This should be the current list (from memory):

MMX - Bagdhad (Cham Wings Airlines)
CPH - Bangkok (SAS)
CPH - Bangkok (Thai)
CPH - Beijing (SAS)
CPH - Beirut (Middle East Airlines)
CPH - Damascus (Syrian Air)
MMX - Damascus (Cham Wings Airlines)
CPH - Doha (Qatar Airways)
CPH - Dubai (SAS)
MMX - Erbil (Iraqi Airways)
CPH - Islamabad (Pakistan Intl Airlines)
CPH - Karachi (Pakistan Intl Airlines)
CPH - Lahore (Pakistan Intl Airlines)
CPH - Singapore (Singapore Airlines)
CPH - Tehran (Iran Air)
CPH - Tokyo Narita (SAS)

CPH - Cairo (EgyptAir)
CPH - Tunis (Nouvelair)

CPH - Atlanta (Delta Airlines)
CPH - Chicago (SAS)
CPH - Kangerlussuaq (Air Greenland)
CPH - New York JFK (Delta Airlines)
CPH - New York Newark (SAS)
CPH - New York Newark (Continental)
CPH - Toronto (Air Canada)
CPH - Washington DC (SAS)

And also:

CPH-Dubai (Norwegian) <- Low Cost Carrier route

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=CPH-PEK...=bm&MP=r&DU=mi

Last edited by staff; March 11th, 2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old March 7th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #55
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 4702

That is indeed alot of routes, i'm guessing that most of Helsinki's routes is served by Finnair.
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2010, 11:02 PM   #56
staff
囧!

All are, in fact (iirc).
Old March 7th, 2010, 11:52 PM   #57
Fab 5

Likes (Received): 3

The China Eastern closed down after a month or so, right?
Old March 8th, 2010, 12:22 AM   #58
staff
囧!

It might have, I haven't heard anything about it. A weird route in any case-- why fly MU via FRA when you can fly LH via FRA?

Deleted it from the list.

Last edited by staff; March 8th, 2010 at 12:31 AM.
Old March 8th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #59
staff
囧!

Re. SAS' plans to re-open the PVG route-- hopefully this year, but next year at the latest.

http://www.boarding.dk/newselement.c...rticleID=24131
Quote:
SAS vil genåbne rute til Shanghai

08-03-2010

Den Lille Havfrue tager i år på en lang rejse til verdensudstillingen i Shanghai. Noget kunne tyde på, at nationalklenodiet måske kan flyve tilbage til Danmark med SAS på en direkte rute fra den kinesiske millionby.
I april måned 2007 lukkede SAS flyruten mellem København og Shanghai til stor fortrydelse for den del af erhvervslivet, der var afhængig af den direkte flyforbindelse mellem København og den kinesiske millionby.

Sidenhen gjorde China Eastern Airlines et forsøge på at genetablere ruten i vinteren 2008/09 ved at forlænge ruten mellem Shanghai og Frankfurt til København et par dage om ugen. Men efter få måneder trak det kinesiske selskab sig ud igen.

Nu tyder noget på, at SAS har konkrete planer om at genoplive ruten. I marts-udgaven af CAAC News, der udgives af de officielle kinesiske luftfartsmyndigheder udtaler Lars Olofsson, General Manager, China, Korea & Mongolia hos SAS, at han forventer ruten genåbnet.

"Vi planlægger at genåbne Shanghai-ruten i år. Men sker det ikke i år, vil det senest ske næste år. Det endelige starttidspunkt vil afhænge af efterspørgslen i markedet," siger Lars Olofsson til CAAC News.

Lars Olofsson understreger, at det ville være ideelt at genåbne til World Expo i Shanghai, der afvikles fra 1. maj til 31. oktober 2010. Men nævner i samme åndedrag, at der skal være et langsigtet behov, idet SAS ikke ønsker at tage en unødig risiko ved at åbne på det forkerte tidspunkt.

Forberedelserne til en eventuel genåbning af Shanghai-ruten er ellers lagt godt til rette. Under verdensudstillingen vil nationalklenodiet Den Lille Havfrue være et trækplaster for de mange besøgende, idet Københavns Borgerrepræsentation sidste år besluttede at lade havfruen pryde den danske pavillion på udstillingen.

Herudover har Københavns Lufthavn sammen med bl.a. VisitDenmark, Københavns Kommune og Region Hovedstaden oprettet ruteudviklingsfonden "Copenhagen Connected", der med et kapital på 200 mio. bl.a. skal forsøge at tiltrække op til 10 nye interkontinentale ruter til København. Så en genåbning af Shanghai-ruten ligger ligeså meget til højrebenet, som et salg af SAS til Lufthansa vil gøre.

Hvis ruten bliver en realitet vil det være godt nyt til de mere end 20 danske virksomheder, der har produktion i Shanghai-området, bl.a. AVK Valves, BB Electronics, Dantrafo, Desmi, Danfoss, Danisco, Dantherm, DISA, Flexa, Grundfos, GPV, Heco, Hempel, Logstor, Nilfisk, Novozymes, NKT, Rosti, Schroeder Plast, Sonion, Thermoking og Vestas Aircoil.
Old March 8th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #60
Pisling
Construction Time Again

That's really nice!
Advertisement

Tags
kopenhagen

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: