Automobile Industry of Africa - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > General Forums > Business, Economy and Infrastructure

Business, Economy and Infrastructure Our architecture, infrastructure, transport, economy and other related discussions

Old September 2nd, 2008, 06:03 PM   #81
moroccan_che
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

berliet maroc -morocco
trucks assembly

moroccan_che no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2008, 06:49 PM   #82
abdeka
Algerian moderator

Likes (Received): 23501

SNVI 100% Algerian

abdeka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:18 PM   #83
moroccan_che
BANNED

Morocco's Riad Motors plans Chinese vehicle plant

26/05/2008 from Chinadaily
Riad Motors Holding, Morocco's leading family-owned importer and distributor of heavy trucks and utility cars, will open this year the biggest China-made vehicle assembly plant in North Africa, Riad said on Monday.

The Rabat government wants to make Morocco into a hub for the car industry, as it maximises its free trade agreements with the European Union and United States and several Arab countries.

"The company will invest 275 million dirhams ($37.41 million) in the assembly plant. The plant will go on stream by the end of June, 2008," it said in a statement.

The plant aims to produce 5,000 vehicles, mainly small trucks, per year to supply the Moroccan market before expanding output later to export to West Africa, Middle East and Asia.

Riad agreed deals with Chinese vehicle-maker Sinotruk, Mudan and Baw, to supply the assembly plant to be located in Settat region, near Casablanca -- Morocco's commercial capital.

Riad chief executive officer Abdelaziz Azzam and other vehicle industry officials said they believed the plant would be a breakthrough for Chinese vehicle industry in Morocco and North Africa.

"It would be the biggest assembly plant for Chinese vehicles in North Africa," said Azzam. Riad Motors is owned by the Riad Sahyoun family.

"It is part of a well-thought-out strategy by Chinese vehicle industrialists to win a foothold in Morocco and expand in Maghreb and other markets in Africa," said a senior Moroccan vehicle industry official, who did not want to be named.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:24 PM   #84
moroccan_che
BANNED

As part of its policy to strengthen its presence abroad, Iveco has begun assembling CKD mechanical components on the premises of Atlas Véhicules Industriel in Casablanca, Morocco.

The vehicle assembly line is located in the headquarters of the Atlas Véhicules Industriel (AVI) company which had been the exclusive importer of Iveco commercial vehicles in the country for a considerable length of time in the past.

The premises where the AVI headquarters are located stand in an area of 20,000 square metres, 7,500 of which are covered. The covered area includes both the management and commercial offices, recently opened, and a workshop equipped with assembly lines that meet the highest technical standards in the world.

Today, following the reorganisation of the company and the modernisation of its manufacturing facilities, AVI is once again a benchmark for the Moroccan market, particularly where the assembly of Iveco vehicles is concerned. This is where the new Eurocargo and Trakker models (H versions) are assembled, vehicles which will help to boost registrations, and make it possible to achieve good market penetration.

This is all the more significant because, sustained by its favourable geographical position, which makes the country an ideal link between Europe and Africa, Morocco has recently been upgrading its entire infrastructure network to support the country’s economic and social expansion.

Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:30 PM   #85
moroccan_che
BANNED

INAUGURATION OF IRIZAR MAROC, S.A.

2008/07/10

IRIZAR EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN THE MARKET WITH THE INAUGURATION OF ITS NEW PLANT IN MOROCCO

Irizar, the coach manufacturing company, has inaugurated today, Thursday, 10th July, a new bus and coach manufacturing plant in the Moroccan town of Skhirat, situated just off the main Moroccan highway that links Tangiers with Marrakech, 20 km away from Rabat and 80 km from Casablanca. This new plant makes it possible for Irizar to continue growing and consolidating itself in the Moroccan market in which it has been the market leader in the production of luxury coaches since 1997.
[IMG]http://i36.************/9ztzly.jpg[/IMG]
Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:37 PM   #86
moroccan_che
BANNED

The installations of HISPANO Casablanca (Morocco) are located in the most important industrial zone in the country, Aïn Sebaâ. Ten minutes away from the business centre of the city, and less than half an hour from the international airport Mohammed V. HISPANO Casablanca covers a total surface area of 10,000 m2, including both the production line of bodywork assembly and the office building. The current maximum production capacity of this plant is 250 units/year.

Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:02 PM   #87
moroccan_che
BANNED

somaca-morocco

automobiles-menara-morocco
http://www.automobiles-menara.com/index2.html

Last edited by moroccan_che; September 3rd, 2008 at 05:58 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:01 PM   #88
moroccan_che
BANNED

autohall-morocco
trucks assembly
http://www.mitsubishi-fuso.ma

Old September 3rd, 2008, 01:20 AM   #89
Nsukka
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post
I know for fact that there is some rich black americans ,and i'm not blinded by the media .Believe me , may you should be here in AMERICA nad see for yourself . i know that white America always try to ignore the black success . Let me tell you something..... there is less educated black Americans today than they where in the 50s,and 60s. you ahve to see how they behave in work place , and school place, and other public places , you will be stunned .

I'm not putting all of them of them in the same category , but you have to here and see how sad this is .
Here we go agian with this crap. Every African site African-Americans go on we run into these such congered up feel good threads/posts, in which white media washed fools like you, who love feeding off of such feelgood nurishment, must be hit over the head with brickloads of opposing facts for you to to get off the pink tit. ,

Well my most common thing starting out point in such situtations is to first post up this massive display of African-American achievment, in which isn't well known about in most of the world today; take a look at this and I'll later follow it up with some other facts about the AA group in which you obviously have know idea about.

Allen, Quincy L.
Xerox Corp.
President, Production Systems Group

Alves, Paget L.
Sprint Corp.
President, Strategic Markets/Sprint Business Solutions

Anderson, Brian P.
OfficeMax Inc.
CFO & Executive Vice President of Finance

Bell, James A.
Boeing
Chief Financial Officer

Belton, Y. Marc
General Mills
Sr. VP Yoplait, GMI Canada & New Business Dev

Boland, D. Steve
Countrywide Financial Corp.
President & Management Director, LandSafe Inc.

Brown, Thomas K. "Tony"
Ford Motor Co.
Senior Vice President, Global Purchasing

New_Balto liked this post
Nsukka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 01:23 AM   #90
Nsukka
BANNED

Did you that an AA, Ronald A. Williams, is the president of the $17.9 billion Aetna Inc? AA, Paula Madison, is president and general manager of Los Angeles-based KNBC and regional manager for two Telemundo stations?

NO? How is it that we blacks and even more so AA's only know of our AA entertainers who are doing big, big things in this world? I find that to be a crime against our very being. In time I plan to be on that list of great AA leaders. My connections are growing, my finances are stacking and my influence is spreading fast, and I know at least 25 other YOUNG AA brother and sisters just like me, and I'm only 1 out of 44Mill.

God knows how many thousands more their could be out there, yet oddly never get talked about as they're overshadowed by a media ploy to exploit our communities negatives as the norm of our large, rich and vibrant community as a whole. Cant you folks see the ploy? You Nigerians/Africans should know that AA are dynamic in much more than just sports and music, all it takes is a bit of reading of credible sources to see how we are quickly excelling in the fields of business and science as well.

We are the nations fastest growing group economically, expanding at more than 10% faster than national rate. We are contributing more CEO's and Managers to the nation than any other group in the nation per capita. By the end of this year the AA GNP will BLOW pass the TRILLION $ mark, or that AA have the fastest decreasing rate of dependency on federal welfare programs, teen pregnancies, drug users, cigarette smokers, high school drop outs and more in the nation?

What about having the fastest growing rate of home owners, middle and upper class citizens and federal office holders in the nation? NO? Why dose no one seem to know about all of these mounting positives, yet know all too well all about the scraps of negatives?

Old September 3rd, 2008, 01:26 AM   #91
Nsukka
BANNED

Did you know this?,

* RICHARD PARSONS: C.E.O, TIME-WARNER [A Multi-Media Conglomerate which includes CNN, HBO plus other critical media outlets and valued at over $165 Billion].

* JOHN W. THOMPSON: C.E.O, SYMANTEC. [Appointed by President Bush 2 be a member of his National Security Team, also voted Silicon Valley C.E.O of The Year in 2005]

* STANLEY O'NEAL: Son of sharecroppers and C.E.O, MERRILL LYNCH. [Maybe u've heard of this company? An investment bank with assests of over a trillion dollars]

* ANN FUDGE: C.E.O, MAXWELL HOUSE.

* CATHY HUGHES: C.E.O, RADIO ONE/TV ONE. [this is significant b/c she is the 1st Black Woman 2 run a pubicly traded company. A company that she founded. Radio One is worth over $2 Billion]

* EDWARD J. TUNGSTAL: Senior Robotics Engineer for J.P.L [oversaw the Mars Land Rover Project]

* Dr. BENJAMIN CARSON: Considered by many 2 the world's foremost Neuro Surgeon.

* RUTH BROWN: President of BROWN University. [currently being considered 2 take over @ HARVARD]

* KENNETH CHENAULT: C.E.O, AMERICAN EXPRESS .

* ROBERT JOHNSON: Founder, B.E.T ENTERPRISES. Turned it in2 a brand which VIACOM thought was worth the $3 Billion that they paid Mr. Johnson and his shareholders for the company.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 01:26 AM   #92
Kwame
Nkrabea Nni Kwatibea

Likes (Received): 29

Take all that information, and put it into the African Diaspora thread. It would be greatly appreciated!
Kwame no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 01:27 AM   #93
Nsukka
BANNED

DID YOU KNOW THIS?,

Erroll B. Davis Jr. Chairman and CEO, Alliant Energy

Reginald E. Davis. CEO, Wachovia

W.H. "Bill" Easter III. Chairman, CEO, and President, Duke Energy Field Services

Arthur "Art" H. Harper. CEO and President, GE Equipment Services

Carl Horton. CEO and President, The Absolut Spirit Company Inc

Aylwin Lewis. President and CEO, KMart

Renetta McCann. CEO, Starcom Americas

Clarence Otis Jr. CEO, Darden Restaurants

Dan Packer. CEO and President, Entergy New Orleans

Franklin D. Raines. former Chairman and CEO of Fannie Mae

Pamela Thomas-Graham. CEO and President, CNBC

Lloyd G. Trotter. CEO and President, GE Consumer and Industrial

R.L. "Bob" Wood. Chairman, CEO, and President, Crompton Corp.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 01:53 AM   #94
Nsukka
BANNED

I have many more lists to post up with such dynamic influential African-Americans listed on them. I can go on and on with this... just like I did on another African forum before leaving them in utter shock and awe over the massive display. Don't believe the foolishness the white media feeds you brotha and sisters.

Not even close to most AA are violent, do nothing, drug-dealing and using.. mean hearted folks. The vast majority are hardworking people going about their business to take care of themselves and families. There are whole suburbs.. all up and down the eastern seaboard, in the west and central parts of the nation as well.. in which are pejoratively filled with AA's.

Over 80% of the AA community is middle to upper class. AA rank amongst the worlds top 2% wealthiest group of people. We number about 43-44Mill in number and generate about $1Trill in GNP. Our middle class is the fastest growing in the nation, and in total opposition to what that other fool said; our educational level is more than two times higher than were it was in the 1960's. We are creating businesses at a higher per capita rate than any other group in that nation, and much, much more is looking good on our behalf, though of course their is still room for more improvement for us and for all other groups in the nation at this moment.

Old September 3rd, 2008, 02:31 AM   #95
Kwame
Nkrabea Nni Kwatibea

Likes (Received): 29

Thanks for saying that, too many people have a negative view on African Americans, and thats partly (significantly to some) the fault of the media, who often more-than-not unfairly over represent us in many negative stories, amongst other things negative. Even though only my Mom is African-American (my dad is just African), I still get touchy when Stations like Faux News, who are waging their own war on Black America, is what keeps that view of us going. On your nightly news, what is the predominate storyline that includes African-Americans? Short Answer..... CRIME. I know we AA's statistically commit more crimes, but I know for a fact that the amount of coverage we get on crime, makes it seem like we're the only ones committing crimes.

But, a lot of this is our fault too, and it's important to realize that. I'm happy to see that we're not what the rest of the world portrays us as. There are countless Upper-Middle Class - Upper Class Blacks that go virtually unnoticed in mainstream America. In movies, we're mostly depicted as living in the Hood, or always on welfare (there's more White people on welfare than Blacks). But, I am starting to see way more movies depicting the real everyday life of the majority of African Americans. Movies that Tyler Perry makes, is the way most African-Americans live, facts show that the majority of African Americans are middle class.

I could keep going on & on about the many problems contributing to the problems with the portrayal of our race, but I just can't type all of it!

*Sorry for going way off-topic

Kwame no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:39 AM   #96
Alex Roney

Likes (Received): 3418

I worked as a community organizer in Watts a couple of years back. I worked with kids took them to museums and tutored English for some of them. African Americans have gotten progressively wealthier and more powerful as a group. However serious disparities remain. For one, nearly half of all black kids are born out of wedlock, thats shocking and all right inexcusable. Black children on top of that are a lot more likely to go to failing schools and perform worse in standardize test scores. Crime is also a major issue, even though Blacks compromise only 13% of the population their 48% of the prison population. As Tavis Smiley put it, "prison is the new slavery for Black Americans". In terms of income AA lag behind Asians,Whites and even Latinos (they are ahead of Native Americans).

So yes we should celebrate AA accomplishments but for the nearly 1 in 3 black kids born into poverty, lets not forget about the challenges. I recommend everyone reads the "Covenant with Black America".
Alex Roney no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:40 AM   #97
Alex Roney

Likes (Received): 3418

Oh shit, I just realized this thread is about the Automobile Industry in Africa. My bad guys.
Alex Roney no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 11:18 AM   #98
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 5960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsukka View Post
Here we go agian with this crap. Every African site African-Americans go on we run into these such congered up feel good threads/posts, in which white media washed fools like you, who love feeding off of such feelgood nurishment, must be hit over the head with brickloads of opposing facts for you to to get off the pink tit. ,

Well my most common thing starting out point in such situtations is to first post up this massive display of African-American achievment, in which isn't well known about in most of the world today; take a look at this and I'll later follow it up with some other facts about the AA group in which you obviously have know idea about.

Allen, Quincy L.
Xerox Corp.
President, Production Systems Group

Alves, Paget L.
Sprint Corp.
President, Strategic Markets/Sprint Business Solutions

Anderson, Brian P.
OfficeMax Inc.
CFO & Executive Vice President of Finance

Bell, James A.
Boeing
Chief Financial Officer

Belton, Y. Marc
General Mills
Sr. VP Yoplait, GMI Canada & New Business Dev

Boland, D. Steve
Countrywide Financial Corp.
President & Management Director, LandSafe Inc.

Brown, Thomas K. "Tony"
Ford Motor Co.
Senior Vice President, Global Purchasing
Well fool or not , it won't change a thing , what's wrong with talking about african america issius ? i don't deny african american achivement , you got me wrong and i'm not here to fight .What is the point of fighting ? if you disagree , you simply prove your point , instead of calling people names . i know about african americans history and i'm not afraid to discus it with any one .
Just have a civilised conversation . will you?
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2008, 12:27 AM   #99
bulamatadi

Likes (Received): 0

Where is the Qaddifi luxury car? Africa first luxury car.
bulamatadi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2008, 08:31 PM   #100
Gag Halfrunt

Likes (Received): 28

Is SNVI still in business? Their website (http://www.snvi-dz.com/) has been replaced by a domain squatting page.

P.S. I've found a news story dated August 12th this year about some kind of joint venture between SNVI and a French company called BTK, so something's going on.
Gag Halfrunt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement