[Poprad] Zimné olympijské hry - Winter Olympic Games? - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Slovakia

Slovakia Slovensko » Bratislava | Košice

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 9th, 2006, 01:46 PM   #1
Timoth12

Likes (Received): 6

[Poprad] Zimné olympijské hry - Winter Olympic Games?

Some of you might probably know, that Poprad announced its candidacy for the Winter olympic games in 2006, Candidacy was not approved in 1998 by judging international commitee, anyhow, the study for the olypmic center was elaborated in 1998 by atrium-archstudio company. A bit old project, but I feel like present him here.

In Slovak: "Zložitý pozemok blízko stanice a centra Popradu determinoval architektonický koncept sídla medzinárodného olympijskeho výboru. Blok ideovo naväzuje na bohatý odkaz spišských miest a olympijskú myšlienku vymedzením eliptického námestia ako jadra kompozície. To celé sa ale odohráva v akomsi importovanom tatranskom prírodnom rámci, vymedzenom troma symbolmi: okrúhliak-kongresová sála (betón, resp. medený plech zvýrazňujúci mach), brvno-hotel olympijskej rodiny (drevený obklad zvýrazňujúci letokruhy), skalné bralo-hotel pre členov MOV (kamenný obklad a sklo). Zo stredu stredovekého námestia od obelisku sa "vylieva" riava tatranskej bystriny (rampa) až k hotelu Poprad, ovlažujúca výtvarné dielo (fragmenty ornamentov v dlažbe, vlojkonosiče zúčastnených krajín, zeleň a pod.). Nárožia bloku sú zvýraznené diferencovane - mohutným dreveným výtvarným dielom-juh a dvoma pristávacími plošinami-SZ. Pre obdobie 3.tisícročia je naša idea prezentovaná ako hra. Hra o prekvapenie, hra s minulosťou a prítomnosťou, hra o vývoji mesta... Kompozícia pre perspektívu 10-tich rokov má preto len ilustratívny význam a v čase aktuálnom môže byť doplenená. -informácie jan.1999-"

Last edited by Timoth12; September 10th, 2006 at 08:12 PM.
Timoth12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 10th, 2006, 04:46 PM   #2
kokpit

Likes (Received): 23

I'm convinced that it is very likely Winter Olympic Games will take place in High Tatras (and Low Tatras ) quite soon (let's say in next 20 years). Slovakia landscape is predestined for winter sports, there are many winter holiday resorts so I can't see any reason why not.
kokpit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 06:21 PM   #3
Qwert

Likes (Received): 4407

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokpit
I'm convinced that it is very likely Winter Olympic Games will take place in High Tatras (and Low Tatras ) quite soon (let's say in next 20 years). Slovakia landscape is predestined for winter sports, there are many winter holiday resorts so I can't see any reason why not.
We should wait when the highway will be finished and Poprad airport reconstucted. After it it is only matter of time when there will be the Winter Olympic games. Today sport capacities in High Tatras are big enough for some smaller winter sport championship and after widening present capacities and building new especialy for indoor sports it will be perfectly prepared.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 11th, 2006, 02:39 AM   #4
Timoth12

We´ll see. Big Poprad highway bypass should be finished in 2008 and Poprad airport - the exterior and interior of the main hall is under reconstruction together with the railway station. But pushing the candidacy e.g. for the Winter Olypmics, I know it´s an ambitious plan, but still...., should be more active and promotive.
Old September 11th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #5
Qwert

Likes (Received): 4407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoth12
We´ll see. Big Poprad highway bypass should be finished in 2008 and Poprad airport - the exterior and interior of the main hall is under reconstruction together with the railway station. But pushing the candidacy e.g. for the Winter Olypmics, I know it´s an ambitious plan, but still...., should be more active and promotive.
I think it's real but we should wait, maybe in 20 years but I'm convinced there will be Olympic games.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 01:53 PM   #6
peterthegreat

Likes (Received): 82

let´s say 2022??
peterthegreat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 07:31 PM   #7
alesmarv

Likes (Received): 28

If there is one country in the world that i think could benefit the most from a winter olympic games Slovakia would be it. It is not that well know world wide and the Tatras arent even that well known in Europe outside of Czechia and other neighbours(by the way most of as now that the Tatras are amazing, realy a hided treasure in Europe). The winter games would show people what they have been missing and with most of europe a short flight away im sure the tourist numbers and investments would surge. Im not that familiar with recent tourist numbers to the Tatras but im guesing their way below their potential and if the games could get them near where they could and should be they would pay for themsefs. Im saying this as a Czech who has lived/lives in Vancouver for a long time and we will be hosting the winter games in 2010 so i have had plenty of time to realy indulge my self in to alot of information about costs/benefits/etc.

Good luck by the way.
alesmarv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 10:21 PM   #8
Timoth12

Thanx for nice wishes, by the way. Poprad even it lays in the east, but now is experiencing good developemnet. Highway construction, railway station under big modernisation, airport entrance hall reconstructing as well /btw, Poprad airport has direct flights to Prague and London/, new appartments, hotels, business center in planning stage, expanding industrial park, nevertheless its main advantage is the proximity of High Tatras and is one of the main entrance point to our let´say small Alpes, besides Liptovský Mikuláš.

Btw, new multifunctional hall I posted several months ago has been completed and opened two weeks ago.

Obviously, it´s not enough to organise such big event, but Poprad development could bring it maybe a bit closer.

And good luck with 2010 Winter Games, Canada is more winter sports country and Vancouver is a wonderful place. Poprad will maybe follow, but around 2020 possibly, the main upcoming event is Ice-hockey World Championship in 2011
Old November 20th, 2006, 01:03 AM   #9
alesmarv

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoth12 View Post
Thanx for nice wishes, by the way. Poprad even it lays in the east, but now is experiencing good developemnet. Highway construction, railway station under big modernisation, airport entrance hall reconstructing as well /btw, Poprad airport has direct flights to Prague and London/, new appartments, hotels, business center in planning stage, expanding industrial park, nevertheless its main advantage is the proximity of High Tatras and is one of the main entrance point to our let´say small Alpes, besides Liptovský Mikuláš.

Btw, new multifunctional hall I posted several months ago has been completed and opened two weeks ago.

Obviously, it´s not enough to organise such big event, but Poprad development could bring it maybe a bit closer.

And good luck with 2010 Winter Games, Canada is more winter sports country and Vancouver is a wonderful place. Poprad will maybe follow, but around 2020 possibly, the main upcoming event is Ice-hockey World Championship in 2011
The investments are a good sign but the problem still is that Slovakia and the Poprad region is not on most peoples radar screen, this obviously will change and i hope you guys get the olympics because that would speed up the process. By the way if i go to any Slovakia hockey games in 2010 ill be cheering for you guys...though Czech and Canadian teams come first
maybe ill visit in 2011..hopefully sooner though.
alesmarv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 11:18 PM   #10
Timoth12

Quote:
Originally Posted by alesmarv View Post
The investments are a good sign but the problem still is that Slovakia and the Poprad region is not on most peoples radar screen, this obviously will change and i hope you guys get the olympics because that would speed up the process. By the way if i go to any Slovakia hockey games in 2010 ill be cheering for you guys...though Czech and Canadian teams come first
maybe ill visit in 2011..hopefully sooner though.
Time to change it so that Poprad and the whole High Tatras region will be more visible internationally... And I´ll be cheering for the Czech guys, if they will perform better than Slovaks, although sometimes it is between us such a friendly rivalry Nevertheless hockey is by far the most popular sport in both countries.

And back to the Poprad topic: Construction of 100.000 m2 /built area/ Business center Poprad started today. Here is a newspaper artcile from daily Sme:

Quote:
V Poprade vyrastie multifunkčné Business centrum

Poprad 24. novembra (TASR) - Rozsiahle Business centrum s hotelovou, obchodnou, administratívnou i bytovou časťou vyrastie do troch rokov takmer v centre Popradu. Základný kameň položili dnes zástupcovia investora a mesta za účasti prezidenta Slovenskej republiky Ivana Gašparoviča.

Investorom je BZ, s. r. o., Bratislava. Finančný riaditeľ spoločnosti David Bořuta pre TASR uviedol, že náklady na projekt sa budú pohybovať medzi 2,5 až 3 miliardami Sk. "Podľa predbežných výpočtov by malo byť vytvorených 1 300 pracovných miest, predovšetkým v kancelárskej časti.

Architekt Juraj Jančina spresnil, že celková plocha realizovaného zámeru je viac ako 100 000 štvorcových metrov (m2), z toho 30 000 m2 budú tvoriť priestory pre obchod, služby a zábavu. V centre bude hotel s kapacitou vyše 200 lôžok a kongresovým centrom s približne 300 stoličkami. Gastronomické prevádzky vrátane hotela budú mať kapacitu vyše 800 stoličiek. Súčasťou budú administratívne priestory s plochou 10 000 m2 a rezidenčná časť s vyše 80 bytmi. Bytový dom bude výškovou dominantou Popradu. Bude mať 19 podlaží, z toho 17 bytových. Statickú dopravu v budúcom obchodnom centre bude riešiť tisíc parkovacích miest v podzemnej i nadzemnej časti.

Stavebné práce by sa mali začať na jar budúceho roka. Názov nového obchodného centra bude predmetom verejnej súťaže, ktorú dnes vyhlásil investor.
http://ekonomika.sme.sk/c/3017830/V-...s-centrum.html. The part of the busienss center will be residential 19 stories highrise, 1000 parking slots, .....

Basement stone /základný kameň/ was inaugurated by president Ivan Gašparovič, the first grounding works will start in Spring. Situated in the near of Poprad city center it will be purposed for the living and working of 1300 people...

Last edited by Timoth12; November 25th, 2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old November 28th, 2006, 10:10 AM   #11
peterthegreat

Likes (Received): 82

Poprad - auqa city

I just want to post some pix from poprad auqa city... they have new hotel, and i like the architecture and especially the view

balconies

peterthegreat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2008, 02:11 PM   #12
Hafan

Location: biele miesto na mape sveta - čierna diera uprostred Európy
Likes (Received): 1

Old August 20th, 2008, 11:29 PM   #13
Timoth12

Something about Poprad previous candidacy attempts/Niečo o predchádzajúcich kandidatúrach Popradu
In Slovak/v slovenčine:

http://www.olympic.sk/dokumenty/kand...yZOH.pdf-1.pdf

A vyzerá to tak, že aj súčasný primátor vyvíja nejaké úsilie o usporiadanie hier. Správa z marca tohto roka:

Quote:
Primátor Danko.... Chce tiež požiadať ministerstvo školstva o odblokovanie pozemku, ktorý mal pôvodne slúžiť na vybudovanie prípadnej olympijskej dediny v súvislosti s kandidatúrou Popradu o usporiadanie Zimných olympijských hier. Ide o územie v západnej časti sídliska Juh smerom k Baumaxu.
www.zivotpo.sk/portal/?c=12&id=11205
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:00 AM   #14
cibula

Likes (Received): 34

vancouver 2010 video

primator danko chce odblokovat pozemky, ktore chce predat investorom na stavbu bytov... za iniciativu na usporiadanie hier by som to nepokladal
Old August 21st, 2008, 01:11 AM   #15
Timoth12

Jasné, je to žiaľ,

Inak popradský primátor má snáď v zálohe iné pozemky. A pochybujem, že MŠ tie pozemky odblokovalo.

Zaujal ma ešte jeden článok. Je síce z roku 2006, ale niekotré jeho časti nestrácajú aktuálnosť ani dnes. Zdroj: http://www.tatry.cz/servis/aktualne/zoh_2014.php

Quote:
Slovenský olympijský výbor ve spolupráci s dalšími zainteresovanými subjekty (ministerstva, kraje atd.) vypracoval plán rozvoje olympijských sportů a sportovišť. Vytváří tzv. "národní centra" pro jednotlivá sportovní odvětví. Můžete nahlédnout pod pokličku a zjistit, jak by mohla olympiáda pod Tatrami vypadat:
Předpokládané investiční akce spojené s rozvojem sportovišť
(viz dokument: Projekt rozvoja športového vybavenia v regióne kandidatúry na ZOH 2O14)
  • Lední hokej, krasobruslení, rychlobruslení a short-track
    speciální olympijské centrum Poprad
  • Biatlon
    Národní centrum Osrblie (Nízké Tatry) anebo Tatranská Štrba
    Tréninková střelnice Štrbské Pleso
  • Severská kombinace
    Národné centrum Štrbské Pleso - areál FIS
    areál Skalka
  • Alpské disciplíny
    Národní centrum Demänovská Dolina - Jasná
  • Snowboarding
    Národní centrum Lopušná Dolina
  • Akrobatické lyžování
    Národní centrum Liptovská Teplička
  • Saně, skeleton a boby
    Národní centrum - Svit, resp. nová vyhledávací studie
    dráha v Tatranské Lomnici a na Hrebienku (Starý Smokovec
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:27 PM   #16
i_love_ikarus
VSS

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Tatry budú možno znova kandidovať na olympiádu. Tentoraz spolu poľské so slovenskými. V piatok o tom na poľský podnet v Ľubľane hovorili šéfovia olympijských výborov oboch krajín.
„Práve o tom debatujem s prezidentom Poľského olympijského výboru Piotrom Nurowským," povedal nám v piatok napoludnie do telefónu z Ľubľany slovenský olympijský šéf František Chmelár.
http://sport.sme.sk/c/5293529/poliac...lovenskom.html
i_love_ikarus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 02:49 AM   #17
R1S0

Likes (Received): 120

kazdeho,kto chce platit tuto velku ciernu dieru treba poslat do....

alebo snad mame super nemocnice,skoly,dialnice,atd atd...?

"Proaktívny prístup považujem za jedinú možnosť ako naštartovať celkový rozvoj nášho mesta." Frantrišek Knapík,proaktívny primátor mesta Košice.

„Pojem absolútna nedotknuteľnosť nemožno absolutizovať." Magistrát mesta Košice,o predpise absolútnej nedotknutelnosti parku v MČ Barca,ktorý pred rokmi sám zaviedol.
R1S0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #18
Amrafel
Bratislava YIMBY

Likes (Received): 6821

but when they want to candidate? In 2022? I think that this is a great chance for Tatras, both Polish and Slovak side

YIM.BA.
Amrafel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #19
Warrior of Blasphemy

Likes (Received): 173

BTW na tom pozemku z prveho postu je uz rozostavane Centrum HORSE
Old March 20th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #20
R1S0

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrafel View Post
but when they want to candidate? In 2022? I think that this is a great chance for Tatras, both Polish and Slovak side
great chance for what? devastation?

"Proaktívny prístup považujem za jedinú možnosť ako naštartovať celkový rozvoj nášho mesta." Frantrišek Knapík,proaktívny primátor mesta Košice.

„Pojem absolútna nedotknuteľnosť nemožno absolutizovať." Magistrát mesta Košice,o predpise absolútnej nedotknutelnosti parku v MČ Barca,ktorý pred rokmi sám zaviedol.
R1S0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement