Carlsberg — probably the best development in Copenhagen - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1034 votes, 4.98 average.
Old August 7th, 2008, 12:43 PM   #101
valbyborger

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblersen View Post
Allons dernier des poètes,
Toujours enfermé tu te rendras malade !
Vois, il fait beau temps, tout le monde est dehors,
Va donc acheter deux sous d’ellébore,
Ça te fera une petite promenade…
Obrigado Ramblersen !
valbyborger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 9th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #102
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 2936

Article on Årstiderne Arkitekters involvement in phase 1 of the Carlsberg development. Not much substance to it - mainly the usual buzwords about respecting the herritage etc - but anyway here goes...

http://www.voresby.com/nyheder/65/ny...elefantporten/

It is a really central and visible site they have got, weird Carlsberg didn't find someone more exciting. But I guess the transformation of Silkeborg Papirfabrik into a new quarter which they stood for and which got Byplanprisen last year mat have played a role.

Last edited by ramblersen; August 20th, 2008 at 09:58 AM.
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:45 AM   #103
TMG

Likes (Received): 29

Just for your information – there will be a citizen meeting at Carlsberg regarding the development of the area. The meeting will be held August the 26 from 18.00-21.00. Mayors Ritt Bjerregaard and Klaus Bondam and architect Christian Cold will participate. See the invitation here http://www.voresby.com/data/file/bor..._carlsberg.pdf

For further information and pictures regarding projects in Copenhagen - visit my homepage about construction in Copenhagen - http://www.kifora.dk
TMG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 27th, 2008, 09:52 AM   #104
TMG

Likes (Received): 29

Did anyone participate in the meeting? I wasn't able to do so, but if anyone did, please tell how it went.

For further information and pictures regarding projects in Copenhagen - visit my homepage about construction in Copenhagen - http://www.kifora.dk
TMG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 12:19 PM   #105
ØlandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 108

Don't think this has been posted here before:
http://www.cphx.dk/?#168605
...Carlsberg movin out. It's a pretty old video but still facinating!
ØlandDK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #106
knilaus
Gone

Likes (Received): 4

Last edited by knilaus; February 27th, 2011 at 04:42 PM.
knilaus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 12:43 PM   #107
ØlandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 108

Haha...I just to be called that in the 10th grade (Efterskole)...
ØlandDK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:00 AM   #108
valbyborger

Was at a meeting in Valby lokalråd last night, and there was great concern about the massive increase in traffic the Carlberg project and others in and around Valby will cause. It seems that the concern is shared by Carlsberg (wants to remain on friendly terms with the neighbours) and the officials in the kommune. The one that don't is Mr Bondam himself: "when there is progress, some people get hurt"
Old September 12th, 2008, 01:21 AM   #109
Zichau

Likes (Received): 223

What you are saying is: People in Valby and Carlsberg themselves don't like the increase in traffic, so therefore the projekt must be scaled down or completely droped. But Bondam doesn't want that because he is an evil man.
Zichau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #110
valbyborger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zichau View Post

What you are saying is: People in Valby and Carlsberg themselves don't like the increase in traffic, so therefore the projekt must be scaled down or completely droped. But Bondam doesn't want that because he is an evil man.
The short answer is : Yes - but can you not accept other views without putting words into my mouth ('evil'). The word's are Bondam's own.
Old September 17th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #111
knilaus
Gone

Old September 17th, 2008, 07:14 PM   #112
mjoks007

Likes (Received): 256

I want more updates from this project! I think this project is much more exciting than the Ørestad project!
mjoks007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 10:43 PM   #113
knilaus
Gone

Old September 19th, 2008, 08:34 PM   #114
knilaus
Gone

Last edited by knilaus; February 27th, 2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:06 PM   #115
Zichau

Likes (Received): 223

I couldn't help it. I sooo disired!!!
Zichau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 03:08 AM   #116
ramblersen

The music-oriented Sankt Annæ highschool is interested in moving to Carlsberg. It will, however, demand 4-500 mio. kr. of private funding. The architect firm Cebra has drawn up a 26.000 m2 conceptual project but if the money are found and things go ahead, there will be an architecture competition.
A conceptual sketch deom Cebra:

Link with more renderings:
http://www.voresby.com/nyheder/75/sa...-pa-carlsberg/

Last edited by ramblersen; October 7th, 2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old October 8th, 2008, 10:36 AM   #117
knilaus
Gone

Last edited by knilaus; February 27th, 2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old October 8th, 2008, 01:34 PM   #118
ramblersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by knilaus View Post
Thanks for the news ramblersen. Smart move from Carlsberg or Sankt Annæ or both. No doubt institutions like these will help to bring life and urban vibe to the new borough. Is it possible perhaps that Carlsberg have taken a look at Ørestad and found that one of the things that work well out there is the high school?

Regarding the rendering - it's hard to tell from one rendering only of course but I think it looks a little mediocre and a bit too close to the Elephant port for my liking but I'm sure I'll grow on the design once I see some more elaborate renderings.
There are more renderings in the link though they don't provide that much more to go on. I don't like the looks of it either. It looks pretty 70's I rhink (don't like those round holes) but I ghuess that is kind of the style they are going for in the entire development of the area. But since it's only conceptual and there's going to be a competition, I guess they haven't put too much effort into it.

Last edited by ramblersen; October 7th, 2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old October 8th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #119
valbyborger

Quote:
Originally Posted by knilaus View Post
Thanks for the news ramblersen. Smart move from Carlsberg or Sankt Annæ or both. No doubt institutions like these will help to bring life and urban vibe to the new borough. Is it possible perhaps that Carlsberg have taken a look at Ørestad and found that one of the things that work well out there is the high school?

Regarding the rendering - it's hard to tell from one rendering only of course but I think it looks a little mediocre and a bit too close to the Elephant port for my liking but I'm sure I'll grow on the design once I see some more elaborate renderings.
So the idea to move 1 km, to a site that is approx. half the size of the current site (which is 28000 sq m) and spend kr 500 mill kr. Build a swimming hall (there is one around the corner), build a concert hall (Vega is around the corner, and with plans to expand, the Radio Sym. Orchestra will have left their old hall, and moved to Ørestad).
I would like to see the foundation who will spend money on that project - but then Realdania has a few billions up their sleve.
The move is must likely triggered by snobism, the current location at Sjælør Bouldevard is not very posh for the middle/upperclass segment of the school.

But of course I could be wrong, the location at Carlsberg might produce better violin players.

And 'Campus' ? Some of the pupils will be 6 years old.
Old October 8th, 2008, 05:20 PM   #120
ramblersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbyborger View Post
So the idea to move 1 km, to a site that is approx. half the size of the current site (which is 28000 sq m) and spend kr 500 mill kr. Build a swimming hall (there is one around the corner), build a concert hall (Vega is around the corner, and with plans to expand, the Radio Sym. Orchestra will have left their old hall, and moved to Ørestad).
I would like to see the foundation who will spend money on that project - but then Realdania has a few billions up their sleve.
The move is must likely triggered by snobism, the current location at Sjælør Bouldevard is not very posh for the middle/upperclass segment of the school.

But of course I could be wrong, the location at Carlsberg might produce better violin players.

And 'Campus' ? Some of the pupils will be 6 years old.
So now 26.000 sqm is half of 28.000 sqm? If it is the area of the lot you're talking about, it's hardly relevant. And in a time where the media are full of stories about the state of Copenhagen schools and the lack of renovation of them, it's negative when someone want to make modern, well-functioning frames for pupils? It's negative to want them to have inspiring surroundings and to give them the opportinity to interact with the rest of the cultural environment in the area? You don't think a more attractive and vissible Sankt Annæ High School can be instrumental in the future recruiting of candidates for a part of the cultural scene that is under preassure? You think it is wrong to have the ambition to make a big new quarter of the city a vibrant and lively one? Funny because when new areas are dead and making them lively, happening places hasn't been thought of, THAT is the problem (and with much more justice).

Such a move has obvious, big and legitimate adventages for both the school and the Carlsberg development and wheather it's worth the 500 mio. is what the relevant parties are going to find out. But there is no need to see it as mere snobbery. I really don't get people like you who has to see something negative in everything You should read that Verlaine quotation I posted earlier in this thread specially for you again. And take a small stroll and realize that the sun is shining and that everybody's outside. There's no need to be so miffed all the time. But the thing is that you just don't like the overall project and the fact that it disturbs your sleapy, provincial Valby setting. But if such are your priorities, do feel free to move to Præstø. The city should be for people who like the city and this is five minutes from the City Hall Square.

That said, I think it would be even better with an international school/high school there. Copenhagen could use better international schools. It would be instrumental in attracting and keeping foreign, highly educated labour as well as international institutions (such as the ambitions of more UN employees in Nordhavn) and companies. And it would add a nice vibe to the area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
advertisement, brewery, industrial, redevelopment, urban

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: