City Circle + Harbour Line (M3+M4) | Metro - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 142 votes, 4.94 average.
Old February 16th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #121
Never give up

Likes (Received): 11524

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlm View Post
By request from the thread starter () I've changed the title from "Copenhagen's new Cityring metro" to "City Circle Line (M3+M4) | Copenhagen Metro".
and to supplement the new title , lets have a refresher of the City Circle Line´s position in the city.

[IMG]http://i52.************/2j2hik0.jpg[/IMG]

and a map showing it´s relation to the exsisting railway lines.

[IMG]http://i52.************/qpqc1k.jpg[/IMG]

and finally the expected passenger figures for the stations.

[IMG]http://i53.************/2r6e4yf.jpg[/IMG]

mb92 liked this post
Never give up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 16th, 2011, 08:11 PM   #122
moveteam

Likes (Received): 1856

Thanks mlm

NGU, added the pictures to the first post.
moveteam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #123
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 1277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never give up View Post
and finally the expected passenger figures for the stations.

[IMG]http://i53.************/2r6e4yf.jpg[/IMG]
The number of passengers is high! The whole subway system in Oslo had 208.000 passengers per day in 2010 (76 mio / 365 days). Where are all the passengers to the new system in Copenhagen comming from?

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 16th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #124
Galro

Likes (Received): 14200

Could it simply be because we in Oslo have large areas that are not covered by the metro? Our system consist of lines going from a couple of surburbs down trough sentrum with two or three large stations, while Copehangens map seem to cover most of the city. It's more like a surburbia-express here.
Galro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #125
moveteam

Bus services will probably be reduced drastically by 2018?

I updated the first post with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moveteam View Post
Everything about the new City Circle Line, Circle Line or Cityring in Copenhagen should be collected in this thread.
  • The Circle Line wil serve 17 underground stations and is expected to rise the yearly ridership by 100-110m.
  • Most recent construction costs are estimated at 21bn Danish crowns, which equals to just under €3bn, when it's done in 2018.
  • Design of the stations is also expected to follow the same pattern as now (daylight in underground) but with much more variety than the current stations, which can be hard to distinguish from each other.

A quick graphic from me:

mb92 liked this post
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #126
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

240.000 (total) / 100 (average capacity of a bus) = 2.400 busses per day? I don't think you have that many!

Will the new line also run automaticly on 24 hour service?

Old February 16th, 2011, 11:22 PM   #127
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 2920

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCheese View Post
= 2.400 busses per day? I don't think you have that many!

Not buses, bus loads - a bus fills up many times a day.

With the excellent coverage I guess there is a good chance that people will hop on and off many times a day. Iguess it will steal passangers from all other means of transportation, also our beloved bicycles, and walking which we tend to do quite a lot of here with the dense urban proximities and short distances. And I think it will increase overall mobility - living one minute from a station I will certainly be more liable to make a short excursion to the other end of town when it's just a short metro ride away.

Last edited by ramblersen; February 16th, 2011 at 11:34 PM.
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #128
Grauthue

Likes (Received): 76

Quote:
The number of passengers is high! The whole subway system in Oslo had 208.000 passengers per day in 2010 (76 mio / 365 days). Where are all the passengers to the new system in Copenhagen comming from?
Well, Copenhagens new circle line is indeed very impressive, but I have to correct you a bit. Daily ridership in Oslo was probably around 280.000 in 2010 (don't have the exact number).

Daily ridership is the average number of passengers on working days (monday to friday), so you can't just take 76.000.000 / 365. According to Wikipedia the number was 268.000 in 2009 with 74 mill annual passengers.

The numbers for Copenhagen seem sensible to me. They could well end up higher. The stations are after all located in very densly populated areas unlike much of Oslos network which is going through low density villa areas.

(BTW: Stockholms metro has a daily ridership of well over a million!)
Grauthue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 01:50 AM   #129
kapo311

Likes (Received): 1483

Quote:
Cityringen vil betyde 35.000 flere kollektive personture i hovedstadsområdet i et hverdagsdųgn. Det er en stigning på 3,4%. De nye kollektive rejser er jęvnt fordelt på tidligere bilister (34%), cyklister (31%) og fodgęngere (26%). www.metrocityring.dk

In English: Cityring will increase the nr of passengers in Greater Copenghagen by 35.000 a day. That is an increase of 3,4%. The new passengers will be former drivers (34%), cyclists (31%) and pedestrians (26%).

Doing the math it shows that 205.000 people will be taken off buses. This means ca 20% less buses on the streets, less pollution and more room for everyone.
kapo311 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #130
kalaha

Likes (Received): 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by moveteam View Post
[CENTER]A quick graphic from me:

If you wants to translate all station names to English, you can use the word "circle circus" for "runddel", so it's "Vibenhus Circle Circus" and "Nørrebro Circle Circus".

Last edited by kalaha; February 17th, 2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: ooops
kalaha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #131
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 2920

...or Circus - although it may provoke unintended connotations.
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #132
Satchmoo

Likes (Received): 125

@ Moveteam: Totally off-topic; but I was wondering which font type you have used for your graphics...?
Satchmoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #133
moveteam

@kalaha Fixed! Plus I edited 'Frederiksberg Allé' to 'Frederiksberg Avenue'!

@Satchmoo League Gothic - fantastic type.
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #134
Sven G

Likes (Received): 80

BTW, it's interesting to see that the Copenhagen Metro is labeled as "M", as mostly happens in southern Europe (while, for example, in Germany they use "U" for U-Bahn and in Sweden "T" for Tunnelbana).

Will we ever get a common nomenclature among European countries? That would be even better: for example, "S" for suburban trains (S-Bahn, S-tog, RER, etc.), "M" for metros, "T" for tramways, "B" for buses; and so on.

Probably not on the current agenda of the EU, however (too much focus on bureaucracy, economicism, etc.)...

Last edited by Sven G; February 24th, 2011 at 12:24 PM.
Sven G no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #135
Xed

Likes (Received): 1146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven G View Post
BTW, it's interesting to see that the Copenhagen Metro is labeled as "M", as mostly happens in southern Europe (while, for example, in Germany they use "U" for U-Bahn and in Sweden "T" for Tunnelbana).

Will we ever get a common nomenclature among European countries? That would be even better: for example, "S" for suburban trains (S-Bahn, S-tog, RER, etc.), "M" for metros, "T" for tramways, "B" for buses; and so on.

Probably not on the current agenda of the EU, however (too much focus on bureaucracy, economicism, etc.)...
Hmm, I guess some would call your proposal "bureaucracy"
Xed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #136
groentje
New Brusseleir

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xed View Post
Hmm, I guess some would call your proposal "bureaucracy"
²
A little couleur locale ads to a place. Look at the Ampelmänchen in East Berlin, it's a city icon.
groentje no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 02:26 AM   #137
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Quote:

Oslo is in the process of changing the "T"s from T-bane to "M"s for metro...

Old February 25th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #138
Hafnia
Mod nye projekter

Likes (Received): 17114

Quote:

Nomenclature, nomenclature, I just learned a new word here..
I don't get it. Why should everything has to be the same ? There should be room for diversity in a united Europe.
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #139
Sven G

Quote:
Oslo is in the process of changing the "T"s from T-bane to "M"s for metro...
Really? That's quite interesting...
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:21 AM   #140
Sven G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafnia View Post
Nomenclature, nomenclature, I just learned a new word here..
I don't get it. Why should everything has to be the same ? There should be room for diversity in a united Europe.
Well, English is not my "native" language, so I don't know if this "scientific" word is the most appropriate here...

Anyway, there are things for which it makes sense to be unified and others for which diversity is a good thing; IMHO, on the technical front unification makes sense: for example, having the same electrical voltage in homes and offices across Europe is a very good thing (and it would be even better to have the same plugs and sockets).

Another example: the telephone numbers format, which could very well be unified also in Europe, as happens, for example, in the U.S. (but shame on them for not yet having gone metric and many other things, however).

Etc. etc.: and, thus, for example, also public transportation symbols.

Diversity, OTOH, is excellent on other fronts, such as popular culture and similar things.

Hafnia liked this post

Last edited by Sven G; February 25th, 2011 at 10:31 AM.
Sven G no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: