NASHVILLE | 505 - 505 Church St. | 168m | 550ft | 45 fl | U/C - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Nashville

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 14th, 2013, 04:20 AM   #21
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Likes (Received): 1637

I found this pic funny. kind of what you were talking about being to tall and skinny for Nashville.
Advertisement

Old August 14th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #22
MIRYDI

Likes (Received): 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
I found this pic funny.
Yeah that is funny...

Quote:
kind of what you were talking about being to tall and skinny for Nashville.
Yep, Signature tower was just waaay too tall for Nashville. 505CST is a much better fitting tower for our skyline. Atleast I think so anyway's...
MIRYDI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 04:25 AM   #23
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Oh, yeah, it's a very cool building for sure. I just liked how the south could have had another really sweet super-tall. Atlanta and Houston and... what other southern city?....
But yeah, this newer tower will be more aesthetically pleasing in the skyline for sure. And up close it is a sweeet design, too.
Advertisement

Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:48 PM   #24
L&C Tower IS KING

Likes (Received): 25

This building is not scheduled until 2015 for a start date and a 2017 completion date according to Giarratana Development.
L&C Tower IS KING no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:16 AM   #25
MIRYDI

There is no official start or completion date with this proposal. No signed leases, and no financing in place that I'm aware of. The only way a tower of this caliber is getting off the ground, is with a major lease signing.

With that said, I honestly believe this tower will rise eventually, it's just a matter of when. Could be months...could be years. They way thing's have been going lately though, I would put my money on sooner rather than later...Tony is fishing I assure you.
Old October 15th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #26
L&C Tower IS KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRYDI View Post
There is no official start or completion date with this proposal. No signed leases, and no financing in place that I'm aware of. The only way a tower of this caliber is getting off the ground, is with a major lease signing.

With that said, I honestly believe this tower will rise eventually, it's just a matter of when. Could be months...could be years. They way thing's have been going lately though, I would put my money on sooner rather than later...Tony is fishing I assure you.

The projected start date was on the website in the PDF file. Of course, the rendering came out in November 2011.
Old November 15th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #27
MIRYDI

So nothing new since Tony petitioned the FAA to increase the height to 770ft...not even a peep. That was back in the middle of August.

I wish someone from the NP or NBJ would follow up with him and see if there is any new information they can squeez out of him that we might not of heard of. I know he has a lot on his plate right now, and he likes to keep quiet about his projects, but it would be nice if he would give us something to nibble on for a bit...

I check his website every so often to see if there has been any updates or anything, and nothing...
Old November 15th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #28
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Yeah, I'm keeping an eye out for news on this one, too, and I can't wait until he pulls the trigger and it goes to at least 770 ft.

MIRYDI liked this post
StevenW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2013, 06:18 AM   #29
MIRYDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
Yeah, I'm keeping an eye out for news on this one, too, and I can't wait until he pulls the trigger and it goes to at least 770 ft.
This tower would be a game changer. Not only is it absolutely stunning, all the cutting edge technology designed into this tower is amazing. It would be one of the tallest (and nicest) LEED platinum rated commercial tower's in the country. To my knowledge, the only commercial high-rise building in the country to achieve this status is the new BofA tower in NYC. (pictured below)

If 505CST get's built, it would really put Nashville on the map as far as carbon-neutral architecture goes. It would set a higher standard for energy efficient design for the rest of the city, and around the rest of the country as well. While a handful of cities might have their 1000+ footers...They don't have any skyscrapers like this. It would be one of the most technologically advanced and beautiful towers in the country.

Here is a link to the architecture firm for the tower. They do some amazing work!
http://smithgill.com/

desertpunk liked this post
Old November 20th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #30
MIRYDI

Well...Some good news and some bad news to report depending on how you look at it.

I'll start with the bad news first.

Some members on UP attended a Civic Design Center forum last night in which the developer of 505 CST (Tony Giarratana) and the architect for the project (Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill ) were in attendance. At this meeting two new designs were presented for the project. One is a residential tower, the other a mixed-use tower. The reason this is bad news (atleast to me anyways) is because the original design was absolutely stunning and unique compared to most other skyscrapers we typically see here in Nashville, and most other cities as well. Not to mention that it was aiming for a LEED platinum rating which would have made it the 2nd tallest office tower of it's kind in the country.

I only have pictures of one of the new renders at this time, but soon as I get ahold of the other one I'll share that as well. The one I'm posting below I believe is the residential tower, and not the mixed-use one.

This new design isn't bad or anything, but IMO it is a step backwards in terms of the design quality compared to the original office tower design. So basically that is the bad news.

The good news is that both of the new designs are taller than the original office tower proposal. The original 505 CST design was at 605ft. These two new designs are both 750ft+

This is what was said about the other new design (mixed-use tower) that I haven't been able to get a picture of yet, so you will have to just use your imagination for now. The way it was described it almost sounds kind of like the Trump tower in Chicago.
Quote:
The third mixed use building has a step up that is in three parts topping at the new height of 750 ft with retail all along 5th ave and also on church st with a large plaza to mirror the 5th/3rd building plaza.
It was said that all three of the designs were on the table, so that is a positve thing for sure as it still leaves the door open for the possibility of the original design to be built.
So with all that said...Here is one of the new designs presented.

Here is the original...

Me personally, I would much rather have the original office tower design at 605' than the new residential tower design at 750', but that just me.

Hopefully the new mixed-use design is a stunner.

So on to some other good news that came from the meeting.

One of the people attending had asked a person from metro planning about the plans for the old convention center site, and this is how that conversatin went. I'll just quote that as well...
Quote:
I asked her about plans for the old convention center site, she eluded to there being a very tall building for that site. She picked up the 505 building model and placed it on the corner near commerce st. and 5th ave and said wouldn't that be nice. Everybody around just looked at one another waiting for her to confirm but instead she said the proposal should be coming soon.
So it looks like we might be getting another very tall tower in the near future out of the old convention center site.

Previous renderings for the old convention center site showed multiple mixed-use towers with a new house of blues museum.

For anyone curious, here are those renderings.

desertpunk liked this post

Last edited by MIRYDI; November 21st, 2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old November 21st, 2013, 06:51 AM   #31
spencer114

Likes (Received): 446

The new design looks pretty interesting too.
spencer114 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 12:08 AM   #32
MIRYDI

I'm not the biggest fan of residential towers, but from what I can see it looks pretty good.

If it turns out to be as nice as the Austonian in Austin, I would be pretty happy with it. There isn't too many residential towers that I think look great, but that is one of the few I really like.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 12:50 AM   #33
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 54050

I love the newest design and the fact that it's residential bodes well for actual construction. The office market is lousy everywhere but Boston, Houston and San Francisco. Big banks are retreating from buildings they already occupy and the whole office ecology is shifting away from the concentration model. On a per sq. ft. basis residential towers make more money in many cities which is why numerous office tower proposals have gone mixed use or residential. If the original design could be built I'd be thrilled but getting a new tallest for Nashville would be plenty satisfying.

MIRYDI, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 02:14 AM   #34
dmoor82
Red Sox Nation!

Likes (Received): 47

Well dang, I was hoping for a new tallest but this also looks good.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
dmoor82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 10:52 PM   #35
MIRYDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
Well dang, I was hoping for a new tallest but this also looks good.
At 750ft, it would be the cities new tallest.
Old November 26th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #36
MIRYDI

Here are the renders for the two new designs for 5th & Church I was talking about earlier. The first one is the mixed-use tower that I didn't have a picture of yet, and the second is the residential tower that I posted a picture of in the model.

Both look fantastic but the mixed-use tower is incredible! Getting a little excited now for sure... Both of these two new designs are 750 feet tall.

Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architect http://smithgill.com/

^ALTERNATIVE ONE: A mixed-use tower with corporate office space in the middle and residential at the top, with parking and street-level retail at the base. / Rendering by Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architect

^ ALTERNATIVE TWO: This is a proposed all-residential tower, with parking and street-level retail at the base. / Rendering by Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architect

Here is the article about the two new designs.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20.../2047/business

StevenW liked this post

Last edited by MIRYDI; November 26th, 2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #37
MIRYDI

Two other renders.

Wish I had one of the mixed-use tower in the skyline like the residential one.

Last edited by MIRYDI; July 27th, 2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #38
spencer114

Likes (Received): 446

Both look great. No bad options here!

The mixed use one is very pretty.

spencer114 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #39
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Very nice, indeed.

StevenW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #40
L&C Tower IS KING

Wake me up when something actually happens after 20 years of promises for this lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
505, 505 church st., 505cst, nashville, southeast