NASHVILLE - Nissan Stadium (68,798) - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 20th, 2016, 05:09 PM   #61
Chevy114

Likes (Received): 905

Here's my observation. They both have seats all the way across, not major cut outs like at Gillette. They both have player entrances in the corners, not the end zone like some stadiums. They both have opened end zone seats with similar scoreboard shapes and locations. They both have the same exact weird lights that only like 20% of the NFL uses. Finally they both has a flat area in the open end zones for fans unlike other stadiums that don't have anything after the last row of seats in the end zones.

The colors are different, one is more rounded, and one has a 2nd row suits that no one really notices at first glances. It like saying old Yankee Stadium and Dodger Stadium look nothing alike, it's a hard sell to the average eye.
Chevy114 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 20th, 2016, 05:21 PM   #62
Marsupalami

Likes (Received): 1059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland View Post
Wow, love your parking lots in Nashville eh!
Hows about a two tier parkade that frees up half of all that tarmac'd space for development, and allows for a park on the roof part to form a podium?
Perhaps this is a thought for the future?

Chevy114 liked this post
Marsupalami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 08:50 PM   #63
JJG

Likes (Received): 1462

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dead End Kid View Post
HOK doesn't do stadiums. Their sports venue division spun off and became what is now Populous
Oh yeah, that's right...
JJG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2019, 09:50 PM   #64
The Game Is Up
Proud Facebook Non-Member

Likes (Received): 1499

Quote:
Nashville's Major League Soccer team will open play in the 2020 season and play in Nissan Stadium until its own facility is ready.

Ian Ayre, the club's CEO, said final word on the debut season came from MLS at league meetings three weeks ago in Chicago.

"That's been confirmed now by the league," Ayre said. "We've always been working to that date and at the recent league meetings that was confirmed.

"I don't think it was a surprise. It was just a bit of sequencing. It doesn't change anything for us. We're very happy to be starting then."

The upcoming MLS season kicks off the first weekend of March. The 2020 season could start in mid to late February with the introduction of a new playoff system.

Ayre, the former CEO of the Liverpool club in the Premier League, said the Titans of the NFL — the primary tenants of Nissan Stadium — have been very cooperative in working out arrangements for the soccer club to play there.

"They continue to be a great neighbor and a great partner, really," he said. "We're very happy to start over there, start our journey and then, once our own home's ready, we'll move in."
https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...20/2669544002/

EPA001, Lumbergo, Chevy114 liked this post
The Game Is Up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2019, 02:39 AM   #65
RMB2007

Likes (Received): 24695

Quote:
Titans' owner Amy Adams Strunk: 'I don't want a new stadium...the stadium doesn't win games'

While for some professional sports team owners 20 is an advanced age for a stadium, the Titans’ owner would rather go the renovation route than try to build a new place.

Chatting with the midday hosts of Nashville station 104.5 The Zone on Friday, Titans controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk, the daughter of franchise founder Bud Adams, was asked about Nissan Stadium.

Her answer was refreshing given what we’ve seen a heard from other billionaire team owners.

“I don’t want a new stadium,” she said, via show co-host Paul Kuharsky. “But I do like the Hard Rock Stadium [where the Miami Dolphins play]. That’s a very interesting model and one that we need to keep looking further at to make improvements.

“I’m all about making it the best stadium for our fans that I can without being ridiculous. Because at the end of the day the stadium doesn’t win football games.

“That’s important to me. Fan experience - we have a lot of areas we get better at every year. We’ve got to just keep looking down the road for what would be the best thing for our stadium to become.”

It isn’t just Hard Rock Stadium’s renovation that Adams Strunk seems to like - she also liked that it remained open while construction was taking place.

“I definitely think so. I think we can retrofit it,” she said. “Whenever this transpires. Whenever we get to this point that we feel it needs to be done, I think that the stadium can be retrofitted in a Hard Rock way.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ocid=st#page=2

EPA001, aquamaroon, plmn liked this post
RMB2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2019, 04:43 AM   #66
eurocup2016

Likes (Received): 119

Had her father had the same mindset the Titans would still be the Oilers in Houston.
eurocup2016 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 08:44 PM   #67
plmn

Likes (Received): 1590

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurocup2016 View Post
Had her father had the same mindset the Titans would still be the Oilers in Houston.
That's not fair. The Astrodome was a terrible football stadium and renovations were not practical.

EPA001 liked this post
plmn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2019, 10:40 PM   #68
miguelon

Likes (Received): 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurocup2016 View Post
Well is not a One Size fits all.

Nissan stadium has a very good location, close to downtown and the riverfront.

There seems to be enough space around the stadium to develop secondary sources of income.

Also, the current stadium layout gives flexibility to add/remove areas, and create more Suites/VIP sections, enlarge concourse, add screens-leed displays, restaurants or bars on the Endzone, roof, etc.

Incremental upgrades should be the way to go.
miguelon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2019, 02:51 PM   #69
Jericho-79

Likes (Received): 126

I recently read on a WWE forum that Nashville could be in contention to host a Super Bowl or Wrestlemania, due to the incredible success of the NFL draft.

I find such a claim to be far-reaching. I don't think either Roger Goodell or Vince Mcmahon would even consider bringing the Super Bowl or Wrestlemania to Nashville.

There's no way the city of Nashville will want to renovate a basic-looking stadium like Nissan Stadium.
Jericho-79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2019, 05:12 PM   #70
Chevy114

Their football stadium is a little sub par compared to other new stadiums and the weather can't be as nice as Tampa or Miami in January/February. But it's a fun town for sure that deserves some more love!

GunnerJacket, JimB, EPA001 liked this post
Old August 17th, 2019, 06:23 PM   #71
Jericho-79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
Their football stadium is a little sub par compared to other new stadiums
Nissan Stadium is as bare bones as you can get. In fact, I don't think it's ever been renovated.

Chevy114 liked this post
Old August 23rd, 2019, 05:32 PM   #72
Chevy114

It looks like a poor man's raymond james stadium in Tampa
Old August 23rd, 2019, 07:47 PM   #73
Topher51

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Their football stadium is a little sub par compared to other new stadiums and the weather can't be as nice as Tampa or Miami in January/February. But it's a fun town for sure that deserves some more love!
It amuses me how stadiums built in the late 1990's are considered subpar when compared to the palaces built in the last 5 years. Of course they are, but there is nothing wrong with them. It's a perfectly serviceable football stadium for the average fan.

Nissan Stadium is a heck of a lot better than the stadium the Oilers moved out of and has a ton of suites and club seats. I've never been in the stadium club and maybe it could use an overhaul, but the general seating areas are perfectly fine. Minus the lighthouse, its basically the same stadium that is in Foxboro. I have never heard any complaints about Gillette.

I recall that the stadium was built to allow the end zones to be filled in like at Mile High. I have not heard anything recently about doing that though.

EPA001, Chevy114 liked this post
Topher51 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2019, 07:51 PM   #74
Topher51

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
It looks like a poor man's raymond james stadium in Tampa
Why, because it doesn't have a pirate ship or palm trees? Comparing the stadiums of this era to the multi-event venues of today is unfair. They were supposed to be football stadiums, not works of art.
Topher51 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2019, 08:51 PM   #75
Jericho-79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher51 View Post
Minus the lighthouse, its basically the same stadium that is in Foxboro. I have never heard any complaints about Gillette.
Gillette, Nissan, RayJay, M&T, Paul Brown, Lincoln Financial, Heinz, and FirstEnergy are all essentially carbon copies of one another.

It makes sense because all eight were designed and constructed at around the same timeframe (early 2000's).
Old August 25th, 2019, 10:45 PM   #76
eurocup2016

Likes (Received): 119

Why are so many criticizing these type of stadiums and them looking bare bones. They are large stadiums for a sport that's only played 16 games a year so 8 at home. They fulfill their purpose.
eurocup2016 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2019, 07:07 PM   #77
Chevy114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher51 View Post
Why, because it doesn't have a pirate ship or palm trees? Comparing the stadiums of this era to the multi-event venues of today is unfair. They were supposed to be football stadiums, not works of art.
It's the red lights that annoy me. Other than that it's the same exact stadium minus a pirate ship and palm trees in the front.
Old August 26th, 2019, 07:18 PM   #78
Chevy114

The only reason I an calling this place sub par is because they only need about 7 stadiums or less to rotate to the super bowl at. The following stadiums are so nice that very few "fun" cities can knock them off the list:

1. Dallas
2. Atlanta
3. Minnesota
4. San Francisco (slowly falling off the list)
5. Possibly New York if you ignore the weather

The following towns have good enough stadiums and are in a town that has already proven it can host a super bowl:

1. Miami
2. New Orleans
3. Tampa
4. Arizona
5. Houston
6. Indy

I don't hate this stadium, it was probably built very efficient like Tampa's was. I am just aware that it's an uphill climb for Nashville to get on the list. Don't forget that LA will be in the mix too and possibly knock Miami and/or Tampa out of the mix for the new round of super bowl cities.
Old November 18th, 2019, 10:12 PM   #79
slipperydog

Likes (Received): 4787

Nashville SC announce inaugural MLS match will take place at home vs ATL United

Quote:
NASHVILLE – Nashville Soccer Club will open its inaugural Major League Soccer season with a can’t-miss Southern clash.

The club announced on Monday that Nashville SC will face Atlanta United at Nissan Stadium on Saturday, February 29 at 7 p.m. CT in the club’s inaugural MLS match, presented by Renasant Bank.

"We are thrilled to announce that Nashville SC’s inaugural match will be played right here in Nashville in front of our hometown fans,” said Nashville SC CEO Ian Ayre. “February 29th will be a historic date for our club and we look forward to showcasing the city and our supporters to the entire league during the opening weekend of Major League Soccer's 25th season.”
https://www.nashvillesc.com/post/201...ut-february-29

*Send PM for updates/edits/corrections*

EPA001, Chevy114, GunnerJacket liked this post
slipperydog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2019, 12:32 AM   #80
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 281

A derby match to kick off their debut MLS season? Nice.
krnboy1009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
nashville, tennessee