Tel Aviv | Kikar Ha'medina Towers | 3 x 155m | 3 X 40 fl. | Prep - Page 8 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Israeli Forums > Projects > Tel Aviv

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 14th, 2019, 10:36 AM   #141
JewishArabKid

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elster View Post
Kikar hamedina is not a national park, but the new park with buildings would make the image of a park( i hope so, smaller in size), and bring new residents into the city and as my usual cliche says( the key of my response) - More people and more density will make the real national parks more natural.
Maybe by populating the surrounding areas but you wouldn't put residential buildings in the middle of the Yarkon or Central Park right?
JewishArabKid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 14th, 2019, 10:51 AM   #142
Elster

Likes (Received): 1519

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishArabKid View Post
Maybe by populating the surrounding areas but you wouldn't put residential buildings in the middle of the Yarkon or Central Park right?
I am with you, Natural charcteristics should be maintained in city especially according to their value, but i do believe compromises have to be taken.

My idea is more general and practical about urban and natural relationships.

Maybe i was wrong about kikar hamedina, in specific , but my idea was that we should make room for developments in city (pinui binui better idea), or even instead of some parks because it will contribute to densify the city and as result to save some natural areas ( it speculative but i do believe it)

My idea was more of soothing the bad feelings of kikar hamedina removal not to claim it has no real value.

JewishArabKid liked this post

Last edited by Elster; November 14th, 2019 at 10:57 AM.
Elster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2019, 08:40 PM   #143
dark_shadow1
arctic tern

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elster View Post
Kikar hamedina is not a national park, but the new park with buildings would make the image of a park( i hope so, smaller in size), and bring new residents into the city and as my usual cliche says( the key of my response) - More people and more density will make the real national parks more natural.
I do agree that preserving the park would have been much too expensive, considering the amount of money the current owners would have received in compensation for losing the building rights.
However, it could have been possible to build something more urban- which would benefit the residents of Tel-Aviv much more than 3 luxury towers with super-expensive apartments.
dark_shadow1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 12:58 AM   #144
ronydimebag

Likes (Received): 1239

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_shadow1 View Post
I do agree that preserving the park would have been much too expensive, considering the amount of money the current owners would have received in compensation for losing the building rights.
However, it could have been possible to build something more urban- which would benefit the residents of Tel-Aviv much more than 3 luxury towers with super-expensive apartments.
There were many alternatives, the most trivial - NIUD ZCHUIOT, same as they did in the dolphinarium lot - allow them build in another place in exchange of this lot.
Another less desirable however better option would be to agree to build something in the square, but something iconic, i.e - one super-tall burj-khalifa style tower in the middle of the square, or anything else besides a boring residential triplet that will feel outdated in 20 years.

JewishArabKid, dorforyou liked this post
ronydimebag no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 05:43 AM   #145
Elkhanan1

Likes (Received): 490

There's no room for a kitschy, Dubai-style supertall, or any supertall, in the square, which would be completely disproportionate and inappropriate for this part of TA anyway. Those things take up a huge amount of land at their base. Also, there's no infrastructure to support a supertall in the area.

The first option would've been better but, obviously, it wasn't possible here. These three towers, while not perfect, are actually quite nice and should add interest to the skyline.
Elkhanan1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 10:48 AM   #146
matrix2020

Likes (Received): 2930

Regarding transferring rights elsewhere.
Are there any real alternatives to this lot anywhere in the city?
That is, another lot owned by city council, (not private owners), of comparable size and comparable in the sense of desirability to this lot?
Even if there is such a lot, how is it different from paying the owners money for project cancellation?
After all, this another lot (if it belongs to the city) can also be sold and bring money into city's budget.

I would take comfort in the fact, there will still be a nice park on the square, when construction is finished.
Hopefully it will be better maintained then it was until now.
matrix2020 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 01:21 PM   #147
dark_shadow1
arctic tern

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronydimebag View Post
There were many alternatives, the most trivial - NIUD ZCHUIOT, same as they did in the dolphinarium lot - allow them build in another place in exchange of this lot.
Another less desirable however better option would be to agree to build something in the square, but something iconic, i.e - one super-tall burj-khalifa style tower in the middle of the square, or anything else besides a boring residential triplet that will feel outdated in 20 years.
There isn't a real difference between selling a lot for Y million ILS and paying Y millions ILS in compensation to the owners of a different lot and exchanging the two lot. Both cost the same amount of money.
The dolphinarium is a good example why this kind of exchanges can be problematic- the municipality could have just bought the lot for probably less than 200 million ILS, but instead gave the owners a lot which (after a few years) was worth about a billion ILS, and in addition the dolphinarium remained in its place for years.
What should have happened is simple, 3-7 floor buildings, with commercial ground floors, actual streets and mostly 2-3 room apartments, maybe with a public parking lot.

FelixMadero liked this post
dark_shadow1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement