ADMIN THREAD - Contact your Moderators here, Thread Title Change Requests, Members Suggestions, etc - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England

North East England Tyneside, Wearside, Teesside and Humberside

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 25th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #61
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Likes (Received): 2070

150,000 Posts

Another "North East England Forum" MILESTONE reached (yesterday, 24th January 2014)

It wasn't very long ago at all (only on 15th July 2012) that our North East England Sub-forum of SSC reached the 100,000 posts milestone . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle Historian View Post
15th July 2012.
100,000 Posts . . .

Today (15th July 2012) we passed the 100,000 Posts Milestone, here on the "North East England Sub-forum" of Skyscraper City . . .

14th October 2009 - 15th July 2012 . . .

We started off with a body of pre-existing posts (on our various old-style pre-forum "Full Summary of Projects" type threads) but most of the 100,000 posts have happened since we got together as a Major Regional Sub-forum only some 31 months ago, on 14th October 2009. Various other 'Key Milestones' (for the Sub-forum or the individual forums within it) are listed on the below Index Thread under "S", just scroll down at the below link until you get to Skyscraper City . . .

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...1&postcount=57

This 100,000 posts milestone had largely been achieved in a relatively short period of time, since the forum had only been created on 14th October 2009. We had started life as a forum back then with only a small number of posts 'carried forward' in only a few 'pre-forum' ("Full Summary of Projects" style) threads.

NOW

Only about a year and a half after the 100,000 posts milestone was reached, we are now well on the way to our "second 100,000 posts" as yesterday
(24th January 2014) we reached the halfway stage of 150,000 posts in total, across all four of our 'City-led' forums plus our 'Communal Area'.

Two screenshots from the "UK and Ireland Architecture Forums / Projects and Construction" section of SSC . . .

NH.

Last edited by Newcastle Historian; January 25th, 2014 at 08:16 PM.
Newcastle Historian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 25th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #62
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

North East England Forum - Communal Area.

Just a reminder to Forum Members . . and this may be unknown to all you NEW Forum Members . . that there are now lots of interesting threads in the
"Communal Area" of our North East England Forum.

This area is located below the links to the four City-led Forums, and is on the Main North East Forum Page, here . . .

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2254

HERE is the current LIST OF THREADS in the Communal Area . . .

The "Communal Area" contains threads of FOUR main types . . .

(1) SHARED INTEREST THREADS - Where there is a "shared interest" amongst ALL areas of the North East Forum (all four City-led Forums) such as the 'Tourism' and 'Dealing with the CUTS' threads, these threads can be found in the Communal Area. Any similar new threads of shared interest issues, should also be set up here.

(2) RURAL AREAS AROUND OUR CITIES - Some peripheral/more rural areas "around" our major Cities do not get (perhaps) as much coverage as they should on our four main "Urban/City-led" Forums. This Communal Area is where threads can be found that cover those areas. SSC is about "Urbanism" but many of the same type of developments and issues that occur in our Cities occur in the smaller town in our rural areas. For example, a LARGE part of rural Northumberland, some distance North of Newcastle, is covered in the Communal Area (All locations North of Morpeth).

(3) CUMBRIA does not seem to have a natural home on SSC in any of the forums that cover North West England. So, a number of Cumbria Threads have developed in our Communal Area. This Cumbria coverage (from 'North East England') is not unusual, as in Media Coverage (for example) our local BBC Region from Newcastle covers THE NORTH EAST AND CUMBRIA.

(4) PRE-FORUM locked threads. The Communal Area is where the various threads can be found that chronicle this areas attempts (successful in October 2009) to set up our own Forum on SSC, that is now performing so well and growing so successfully. These threads are retained here for 'information only' and are now locked.

NH
25th February 2014.
Old February 25th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #63
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Likes (Received): 791

NH, in the Leeds thread there is a thread for Harrogate and the general area which falls under our North Yorkshire thread. There is a lot more posts on there than on here, presumably because of a mix between Leeds press gaining more information that our press and members of the Leeds section could possibly live in that area and commute to Leeds.

Anyway I was thinking that maybe it might be worth keeping an eye on their posts and cloning them onto our thread as well as making the users of that thread aware of our thread.

If not then maybe we might have to come to a compromise as to who takes control of North Yorkshire, as much as I'd like it to be us I have to admit that if the members of the Leeds section are keeping it up to date more often than we are and can contribute more valuable information than we can then maybe it would be best if they take control.

Newcastle Metro Area
bigchrisfgb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 25th, 2014, 04:03 PM   #64
Steve Ellwood
Part Time Contributor

Likes (Received): 4771

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchrisfgb View Post
NH, in the Leeds thread there is a thread for Harrogate and the general area which falls under our North Yorkshire thread. There is a lot more posts on there than on here, presumably because of a mix between Leeds press gaining more information that our press and members of the Leeds section could possibly live in that area and commute to Leeds.

Anyway I was thinking that maybe it might be worth keeping an eye on their posts and cloning them onto our thread as well as making the users of that thread aware of our thread.

If not then maybe we might have to come to a compromise as to who takes control of North Yorkshire, as much as I'd like it to be us I have to admit that if the members of the Leeds section are keeping it up to date more often than we are and can contribute more valuable information than we can then maybe it would be best if they take control.
I would support the view of the Leeds forum taking up 'ownership' of Harrogate, seems to me that geographically it sits more comfortably there.

Steve Ellwood
www.steve-ellwood.org.uk
Steve Ellwood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 04:20 PM   #65
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

If Leeds took control of it would it be possible to have dual link to it.

Obviously Leeds would have the thread but maybe the thread and thread link can be duplicated onto our Communal Area, in place of our current North Yorkshire thread.

So say if a Leeds member posted on it then that would be visible our side, similar to if say one of our members posted it would be visible the Leeds side.

Basically it would be a link to the same thread but located in two different sub-forums, I.E. ours and the Leeds thread.

Lastly it would mean that the posts would technically be counted for on both sub forums although only one post by a SSC member would be made.

To me if that is possible then that makes an excellent compromise.

Newcastle Metro Area

Last edited by Newcastle Historian; February 25th, 2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old February 25th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #66
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Quote:
If Leeds took control of it would it be possible to have dual link to it.

Obviously Leeds would have the thread but maybe the thread and thread link can be duplicated onto our Communal Area, in place of our current North Yorkshire thread.

So say if a Leeds member posted on it then that would be visible our side, similar to if say one of our members posted it would be visible the Leeds side.

Basically it would be a link to the same thread but located in two different sub-forums, I.E. ours and the Leeds thread.

Lastly it would mean that the posts would technically be counted for on both sub forums although only one post by a SSC member would be made.

To me if that is possible then that makes an excellent compromise.

Chris,

(I am posting this into the three discussions on the Newcastle, North East and Teesside Forums)

Interesting thoughts, thanks for that Chris.

It leads me to try to clarify things (as I see them) a little bit more closely.

The "North Yorkshire" area that I see us covering in our 'Communal Area' North Yorkshire thread, is that area which naturally/routinely looks North towards NEWCASTLE as its nearest Big City / Regional Capital, and that area I would see as starting at around the Northallerton/Scarborough level (Degrees Latitude) within North East England.

The "North Yorkshire" area that I see the Leeds Forum covering (and to some extend part of this area is also known as 'West Yorkshire') is that area that naturally/routinely looks South towards LEEDS as its nearest Big City / Regional Capital, and that area I would see as being around and about the (Degrees Latitude) level of Harrogate and York, within Yorkshire.

It is not a precise science, but I would say we have it about right at the moment, with the Harrogate area covered on a thread in the equivalent of our Communal Area in the Leeds Forum (the |"Leeds Harrogate" link is a well established one in that region) and the areas North of Northallerton/Scarborough more likely to be covered in our Communal Area 'North Yorkshire' thread.

What do you think, after reading the above?
Old February 25th, 2014, 05:07 PM   #67
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

I'm not sure. There has been a few posts concerning Harrogate and the area in our thread, more so because of North East businesses. It is all rather confusing I'd say as our thread says "North Yorkshire" and York and Harrogate are probably the most well known North Yorkshire areas. Again I would have to say my final compromise of a dual location for the tread would probably be best option if it's possible.

The location of Yorkshire provides a complex problem in it's self, North Yorkshire extends to next to Hull which is covered in our sub forum which is in close proximity to the likes of Doncaster which is in South Yorkshire and is covered by the Sheffield sub forum, next to Doncaster is North Lincolnshire which is covered by us again.

This though is a problem with SSC, in my opinion we need to move away from City sub-forums and create regional ones like we ourselves have, that way the confusion ends.

Going back onto the topic of North Yorkshire I myself would like us to keep our access to North Yorkshire but include that of Harrogate and York which are the well known places of North Yorkshire but the information quality is considerably better coming from the Leeds forum hence why I have suggested a dual in order to give both is and Leeds access to the thread.

Newcastle Metro Area
Old February 25th, 2014, 05:56 PM   #68
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Quote:

It is a grey area

I have always felt that the "Regional Capital" aspect is the decider about where a place is and/or is seen to be in.

(1) In that way I have always seen Harrogate/York as one combined part of "Yorkshire" with Leeds as their Regional Capital.

SO, the Harrogate/York Latitude . . . looks SOUTH.

(2) Equally clearly I have always seen Northallerton/Scarborough as more a part of "North East England", with Newcastle as their Regional Capital.

SO, the Northallerton/Scarborough Latitude . . . looks NORTH.

OK, there is no accounting for the problems caused by the way the "SSC Areas" have evolved, or for where SSC members choose to make their posts.

BUT, I do see a logical delineation in the way I have outlined the areas and their 'allegiance', above.

As for "Dual Control" of posts, even if it were to be agreed by both forums . . . I don't know if it is possible!
So North of the Yorkshire moors is ours, south of it is theirs?

Would the dual control be something you and/or Steve would be willing to look at?

Newcastle Metro Area
Old February 25th, 2014, 06:35 PM   #69
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Quote:
So North of the Yorkshire moors is ours, south of it is theirs?
If that equates to the areas I mentioned, then I think so!

Quote:
Would the dual control be something you and/or Steve would be willing to look at?
Yes, and thanks again Chris - a good discussion.
Old April 6th, 2014, 05:17 PM   #70
donaldson1

Likes (Received): 3

How come there's no section for the North west of England? I also think a section for films of townscapes and other parts of the built environment would be a good idea, What does everyone else think?

Last edited by Newcastle Historian; May 29th, 2014 at 12:56 PM.
donaldson1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2014, 10:17 PM   #71
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldson1 View Post
How come there's no section for the North West of England?

The Liverpool and Manchester areas of the North West each have their own forums.

The Cumbria area of the North West is covered on the North East England forum . .

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1663354
Old April 13th, 2014, 09:55 PM   #72
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

It's worth a look . . .

. . . at our North East England Sub-Forum "Communal Area" where forum members from all four 'City-led' forums can meet and discuss issues of shared interest.

This is just a reminder to Forum Members . . and this may be unknown to any NEW Forum Members . . that there are now lots of interesting threads in the "Communal Area" of our North East England Forum.

One recent one (by way of illustration) tracks the story of the sad closure of the ALCAN site, at Lynemouth.

This area is located below the links to the four City-led Forums, and is on the Main North East Forum Page, here:

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2254

AND HERE is a recent LIST OF THREADS that can be found in the Communal Area . . .

The "Communal Area" contains threads of FOUR main types . . .

(1) SHARED INTEREST THREADS - Where there is a "shared interest" amongst ALL areas of the North East Forum (all four City-led Forums) such as the 'Tourism' and 'Dealing with the CUTS' threads, these threads can be found in the Communal Area. Any similar new threads of shared interest issues, should also be set up here.

(2) RURAL AREAS AROUND OUR CITIES - Some peripheral/more rural areas "around" our major Cities do not get (perhaps) as much coverage as they should on our four main "Urban/City-led" Forums. This Communal Area is where threads can be found that cover those areas. SSC is about "Urbanism" but many of the same type of developments and issues that occur in our Cities occur in the smaller town in our rural areas. For example, a LARGE part of rural Northumberland, some distance North of Newcastle, is covered in the Communal Area (All locations North of Morpeth).

(3) CUMBRIA does not seem to have a natural home on SSC in any of the forums that cover North West England. So, a number of Cumbria Threads have developed in our Communal Area. This Cumbria coverage (from 'North East England') is not unusual, as in Media Coverage (for example) our local BBC Region from Newcastle covers THE NORTH EAST AND CUMBRIA.

(4) PRE-FORUM locked threads. The Communal Area is where the various threads can be found that chronicle this areas attempts (successful in October 2009) to set up our own Forum on SSC, that is now performing so well and growing so successfully. These threads are retained here for 'information only' and are now locked.

NH
13th April 2014.
Old May 12th, 2014, 05:02 PM   #73
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Newcastle and the North East - Updated list of threads
about our area on other Skyscraper City (SSC) Forums.

As at - 12th May 2014.

There have been FOUR new threads since this list was last posted on here.

There are now 20 in total . . .

Thread : Newcastle upon Tyne
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1515011
Thread Owner: the_sage
Forum : Urban Showcase Forum

Thread : Newcastle upon Tyne, St. James' Park (52,405)
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=326386
Thread Owner: 2005
Forum : Stadiums and Sports Arenas, Completed

Thread : Newcastle: the jewel in the north
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1671301
Thread Owner: openlyjane

Thread : Newcastle - UK
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=55912
Thread Owner: Talisker
Forum : Rate Our Skylines Forum

Thread : Newcastle Quayside, UK
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1219175
Thread Owner: TownPlanningNE

Thread : Newcastle by a Dutchman
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1130907
Thread Owner: Plaas

Thread : Newcastle aan de Tyne
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=850576
Thread Owner: Plaas
Forum : Holland Fotoforum

Thread : Millennium Bridge v Millennium Bridge
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=257400
Thread Owner: Newcastle Guy
Forum : Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure Forum

Thread : Atlanta (USA) and Newcastle (UK) - Official "Twin Cities"
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1556920
Thread Owner: Newcastle Historian
Forum : United States Urban Issues, Southeast

Thread : British Basketball - Discussions and Match Reports about the BBL
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=921026
Thread Owner: Jamuary
Forum : The Sports Field Forum

Thread : Hexham, England
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1514774

Thread : Tynemouth, England
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1514826

Thread : Berwick-upon-Tweed UK Port News
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1096731
Thread Owner: Coastwatch
Forum : Infrastructure and Mobility, Maritime Forum

Thread : Newcastle upon Tyne - North East England
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1602548
Thread Owner: Stamford

Thread : Hadrian's Wall
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=635886
Thread Owner: hkskyline
Forum : Classic Architecture Forum

Thread : Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1672260
Thread Owner: TunaFish1988

Thread : Carlisle
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...light=carlisle

Thread : NEWCASTLE | Theatre Royal Restoration | Completed
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1438396
Thread Owner: Newcastle Historian
Forum : Cultural and Sporting Venues

Thread : North East England and Edinburgh
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...ight=edinburgh
Thread Owner: cardiff

Thread : NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE | Public transport
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1721401
Thread Owner: dimlys1994
Forum : Subways and Urban Transport

Old May 29th, 2014, 12:04 PM   #74
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Some "Famous Places" now have threads in our COMMUNAL AREA . . .

A new thread about "Beamish Museum - The North of England Open Air Museum" (see the 'opening post' of that thread for explanations of the threads origins) is now one of the 'famous name' threads in the Communal Area of our North East England Sub-forum, located just beneath the links to our four internal (City-led) Forums.

This is one of a developing number of threads in the Communal Area about some famous North East England locations, such as . . .

HOLY ISLAND
KIELDER WATER
ALCAN
HADRIAN'S WALL
BEAMISH MUSEUM

As well as, of course, being the location of all of our CUMBRIA threads.

Here is a 'screenprint' taken this morning, showing only a part of the Communal Area listing, the part containing the threads mentioned above . . .

Old July 15th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #75
Steve Ellwood
Part Time Contributor

Likes (Received): 4771

This was a message posted by Jan @ 14.17 today - Yeah it's still pretty bad. Obviously we need some tweaking to the new system.

Also this message posted by DaiTengu

The problems here are actually CloudFlare, the system we're using to protect us from DDoS attacks like the one that happened last month.

CloudFlare has "POP"s (Points of Presence) all throughout the world, so based on where you're located, you will hit the closest CloudFlare server, and that server will then feed you the SSC website.

When it's working, this means things should actually go FASTER. The problem here is, SSC isn't the only company that's hiding behind Cloudflare for DDoS protection (and various other reasons such as speed increases, caching, performance boosts, etc.), and sometimes Cloudflare does get hit with massive DDoS attacks.

Cloudflare is very, very good at mitigating DDoS attacks. I'm not bad myself, but it took me an entire week to sort out the issues last month. Cloudflare usually has it handled within minutes. Sometimes though, the attack is so large that it can take some time.

It seems that the Amsterdam area has been hit a lot recently, so people in that part of the world (Like Jan) are noticing outages quite a bit. For everyone else though, the site is loading fine. I know it's not much of a consolation, but you can be assured people are working very hard to fix things when performance degradation happens.

You can keep an eye on CloudFlare's Twitter Page or their system status page if you're wondering if it's SSC, or you.

Steve Ellwood
www.steve-ellwood.org.uk
Steve Ellwood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 02:38 AM   #76
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Calling all PHOTOGRAPHERS . . .

This Forum will be FIVE YEARS OLD on 14th October 2014

To celebrate our 5th Anniversary as a Forum (14th October 2009-14th October 2014) what do members think about us having a BANNER at the top of the SSC page on 14th October this year?

If you think this is a good idea, and if you want to get involved, please take a photograph (or perhaps you already have one) that could be used to represent our region and be seen all around the SkyscraperCity world, on our 5th Anniversary.

Please let me or Steve Ellwood know.

Tell us about it (ideally with a sample photo) on the Admin Thread, or to me or Steve by PM.

Naturally, you can submit one of your own photos (that would be preferred) but if you would alternatively like to suggest a pre-existing photo from elsewhere, please remember to provide evidence that our usage of the photo for this purpose has been agreed by the photo owner.

SO, we need . . .

(1) Your chosen photo, with a link back to your album as evidence that you took the photo, or a link back to the photo-owner/source (if it is not your own photo) with proof of permission from the photo-owner to use their photo for this purpose.

(2) If you wish to attach a selection of photos, then please do so.

(3) In the case of multiple submissions of photos, then we will have to come up with a way of making a choice.

(4) The same will apply if multiple members submit photos, as I hope they will.

(5) Each photo, in addition to the permissions requirements, needs to include a description of where it is/what we can see, etc.

(6) Each photo also has to (in order to fit the small ‘banner space’) be of the dimensions 615 x 123 Pixels.

(7) Finally, no “montages/multiple images” please. Skyscraper City advise me that they prefer not to use those in the banner.

Newcastle Historian / Steve Ellwood
15th August 2014.

Old August 31st, 2014, 08:39 PM   #77
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

PHOTOS FOR THIS FORUM'S "FIFTH ANNIVERSARY BANNER" . . .

There has so far been "a trickle" of interest from Local Photographers amongst us, to the idea of us having one of our photos as the worldwide SSC Banner on 14th October 2014.

To refresh your memory, have a look at the COPY of my original posting about this, at the bottom of this post.

However, time is moving on and the due date of 14th October 2014 is approaching fast, especially as I will need to try to BOOK that date (probably) about three weeks beforehand (providing I have a Banner!) which makes the effective deadline for receiving photos and choosing one to be used, as . . .

23rd September 2014 . . . . So not that long left to go

EXTRA INFORMATION THAT MAY CLARIFY . . .

1 - Have a look at "Previous Banners" from around the world, at this link here . . .

http://xl.skyscrapercity.com/?page=banner&do=archive

You can look at other banners via the menu at the left hand side of the page that opens at the above link.

You can also always find these pages simply by "clicking on the banner itself" at the top of the Skyscraper City page.

2 - Have a look at some of the sample "panoramic view" photos already on the forum - see BELOW.

They could be (when made into the correct 'size' of 615 x 123 Pixels) used as our Banner choice, but I was hoping for a MUCH WIDER choice to choose from.

Courtesy of Steve Ellwood

Courtesy of Steve Ellwood

LOOKING FORWARD to hearing ("seeing") from you, ASAP : Submissions, comments, questions, suggestions to me or Steve please, either
on this thread or by PM to either of us.

My original message, posted on August 15th 2014 . . .

Quote:
Calling all PHOTOGRAPHERS . . .

This Forum will be FIVE YEARS OLD on 14th October 2014

To celebrate our 5th Anniversary as a Forum (14th October 2009-14th October 2014) what do members think about us having a BANNER at the top of the SSC page on 14th October this year?

If you think this is a good idea, and if you want to get involved, please take a photograph (or perhaps you already have one) that could be used to represent our region and be seen all around the SkyscraperCity world, on our 5th Anniversary.

Please let me or Steve Ellwood know.

Tell us about it (ideally with a sample photo) on the Admin Thread, or to me or Steve by PM.

Naturally, you can submit one of your own photos (that would be preferred) but if you would alternatively like to suggest a pre-existing photo from elsewhere, please remember to provide evidence that our usage of the photo for this purpose has been agreed by the photo owner.

SO, we need . . .

(1) Your chosen photo, with a link back to your album as evidence that you took the photo, or a link back to the photo-owner/source (if it is not your own photo) with proof of permission from the photo-owner use their photo for this purpose.

(2) If you wish to attach a selection of photos, then please do so.

(3) In the case of multiple submissions of photos, then we will have to come up with a way of making a choice.

(4) The same will apply if multiple members submit photos, as I hope they will.

(5) Each photo, in addition to the permissions requirements, needs to include a description of where it is/what we can see, etc.

(6) Each photo also has to (in order to fit the small ‘banner space’) be of the dimensions 615 x 123 Pixels .JPG and 72 dpi.

(7) Finally, no “montages/multiple images” please. Skyscraper City advise me that they prefer not to use those in the banner.

Newcastle Historian / Steve Ellwood
15th August 2014.
Old September 4th, 2014, 07:03 PM   #78
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

5th Anniversary Banner

Jan (the Skyscraper City forum owner) has just contacted me to confirm that the 14th October 2014 date has been allocated to us for our use.

I had also asked him about getting a 'second date' (if we had more than one great banner to submit) and he said that should be no problem.

So, keep them coming people.

Remember "to ME" by 23rd September please (ideally much earlier) not forgetting all the necessary size issues (!) and all the permissions required issues, etc, as explained in my earlier posts and in the Announcement above the forum about the Banner.

This looks like it is going to be GOOD, some excellent Banners received so far . . .

Old September 24th, 2014, 02:23 AM   #79
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

OUR 5th ANNIVERSARY BANNER . . .

A total of 22 Banner Photos were submitted, by the deadline of 23rd September.

The chosen banner has now been passed on to Jan (Skyscraper City Owner) for him to place it at the top of the Forum on 14th October 2014.

It will be viewed all around the SSC world over that 24 hour period.

It will be “rated” (hopefully highly) by the highly critical audience of SSC members worldwide as all Banners are, via the link at the top of the Forum Page. It will be interesting to see if it gets into the listed 'Top 100' Banners.

The main thing though, is that it will demonstrably mark (for us) our 5th Anniversary together, as the North East England Sub-forum.

Regards,
NH.
Old October 14th, 2014, 02:01 AM   #80
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

5 Years it is . . .

14th October 2009. to .14th October 2014

HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSARY TO THE "NORTH EAST ENGLAND SUB-FORUM OF SKYSCRAPER CITY" - ALSO
TO ALL MEMBERS OF THIS GREAT FORUM, INCLUDING ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE JOINED US SINCE 2009

Looking back to five years ago, I remember that on 14th October 2009 Chris opened our brand new and 'hard fought for' forum, with . . .

Quote:
14th October 2009.

This is just to say Welcome, and Thankyou. To all of us who have worked hard for this, those who have supported those who have worked hard for this, thankyou, and to those who will transfer here from the Newcastle/Gateshead, Sunderland, Teesside and Hull single-threads, welcome. And of course to those who will be new in the future, we also welcome you.

So now we arrive at 14th October 2014 and our 5th Anniversary as a Forum.

The quantity and sheer quality of many of the contributions made by the membership of this forum often astounds me. Many times I open the forum in the morning and just 'sit back' and take it all in. The knowledge that is shared, the photos of new projects that have been taken and posted, the questions asked and answered. The whole thing is just a pleasure to be part of and I can only see this place continuing as it is or even getting better in the future.

The Moderating Team of myself and Steve would like to take the opportunity to wish all the best to all of our Forum Members throughout the four internal forums and the communal area, on this auspicious occasion of our 5th Anniversary. It is you, the members, who on a daily basis make the entire North East England Sub-forum a very special place indeed.

So now everyone . . . Have a look at the top of the Forum Page to see our Commemorative Banner which will be seen throughout the entire Skyscraper City world over the full 24 hour period of 14th October 2014.

FINALLY . . .

Here’s to the NEXT five years, and to the five after that, and onward !!!

Regards,
Your Moderators - Newcastle Historian and Steve Ellwood.
14th October 2014.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
admin, cumbria, forum changes, hull, newcastle, north east england, sunderland, teesside