The first ever African made aircraft being built in Uganda - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Uganda

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 12th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #21
JoHaN 15
Requiscat en pace

Likes (Received): 4080

Appreciating that? Why?
Fuсk those losers. Fuсk them in their stupid fuсking faces ☆
JoHaN 15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 12th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #22
dakhla

Likes (Received): 253

this is funny.

when a south african newspaper write that south africa made the first... or hosted the first.... or have the fastest.... and we try to show them that's not the case, they deffend the indefendable.

and when a newspaper from other african country make a mistake they attack the poor sicentist and the ingeeneer that are working in this project.... and they call the whole country and people of that country stupid.

no comment guys you are becoming so so arogant that we can't even debat with you.
dakhla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #23
CologneOujda
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhla View Post
this is funny.

when a south african newspaper write that south africa made the first... or hosted the first.... or have the fastest.... and we try to show them that's not the case, they deffend the indefendable.

and when a newspaper from other african country make a mistake they attack the poor sicentist and the ingeeneer that are working in this project....

no comment guys you are becoming so so arogant that we can't even debat with you.
But in this case it's not a newspaper. They declared themselves to be the first. And they shouldn't have named their group "African Space Research".
CologneOujda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 12th, 2010, 04:26 PM   #24
abesha
BANNED

Likes (Received): 534

This is weird. Why African? Can't they just say Uganda? Leave the rest of us out of it. Jeez
abesha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #25
A Darter

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
this is funny.

and when a newspaper from other african country make a mistake they attack the poor sicentist and the ingeeneer that are working in this project.... and they call the whole country and people of that country stupid.

Who exactly called Ugandans stupid? Because I certainly didnt. You can read through the posts again. All I said is that these people are seriously fooling themselves, IF this is not a joke.....which I suspect it is
A Darter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #26
A Darter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence us View Post
aye, stop hating and start appreciating
The word "hating" is used waaaay to much these days

Old October 12th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #27
JoHaN 15
Requiscat en pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Darter View Post
The word "hating" is used waaaay to much these days

+1000.

It's number one on my list of most hated disliked words
Old October 12th, 2010, 05:08 PM   #28
JoHaN 15
Requiscat en pace

Quote:
this is funny.

Usually that is the case then.

We also can't debate with you because of your struggling with the English language.
Old October 12th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #29
CARTHAGINOIS

Likes (Received): 2

Great !! This is a big achievement for an African Guy (not for Africa) (In the same continent we export african airbus to european airlines !!)
However, i thing that Africa needs more analysts in big investment banks (GoldmanSachs, JP Morgan ...) than engineers whose achievements are strictly personal
CARTHAGINOIS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #30
yassine010

Likes (Received): 1

wahahahaha

in SA and morocco They further than this

in 2006, The Moroccan aeronautic industry is made up of 50 companies, with 5000 jobs

and saw in morocco In the university and UAV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UII4yfrbcLE

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3z...er-ae_politics

Last edited by yassine010; October 12th, 2010 at 08:40 PM.
yassine010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:56 PM   #31
Xusein

Likes (Received): 13734

I also remember reading in this forum that Sudan produced a plane too.
Xusein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #32
Xusein

Likes (Received): 13734

Yes, here what I was mentioning.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=894874
Xusein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #33
abesha
BANNED

Likes (Received): 534

I could be wrong, but I think they mean the military can assemble planes, not necessarily design them. In that case I think several countries on the continent do it already. I know the Ethiopian military does so for instance.

If they mean A-Z starting from design, I'm very impressed.
abesha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 11:05 PM   #34
lordangers5

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence us View Post
these guys are self taught, think they deserv much more credit than they are getting, they are building a space station in the bushes
p.s
how am i not surprised that arrogant south africans are in here
Er SA's merely pointed out this isnt the first for Africa, and possibly a JOKE about it being first in Uganda.
lordangers5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 08:46 AM   #35
A Darter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordangers5 View Post
Er SA's merely pointed out this isnt the first for Africa, and possibly a JOKE about it being first in Uganda.
Nope...has nothing to do with Uganda. The only joke is stating that a plane like that can fly at 930km/h and at 80 000 ft, which is clearly false.
Whether it was Germans, Americans or the British.....I would still laugh at them if they made such claims
Old October 13th, 2010, 09:36 AM   #36
screenshotartist
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Darter View Post
Nope...has nothing to do with Uganda. The only joke is stating that a plane like that can fly at 930km/h and at 80 000 ft, which is clearly false.
Whether it was Germans, Americans or the British.....I would still laugh at them if they made such claims
80 00ft maybe

But 930Km/H with those fixed wings I see on the picture and what about the engine ??

I wonder how that guy will develop an engine that will give that plane enough thrust to reach 930Km/H and also perform at different altitudes with such a huge difference in atmospheric pressure found at 80 00ft. maybe he will buy the engine or get one off a retired plane

No hate But what I see here is nothing but a garage made recreational aircraft. Plenty people do make such air crafts in their garages and register them, some really talented guys actually convert car engines into aircraft engines rather then buy a built aircraft engine

This guy also claiming he has served so long in the navy; one would think he would be aware of the money, resources and labour that goes into developing a space program.

I see no:

smelters (to extract and create strong metal alloys that are light, strong and heat resistance for such daring mission)
engine assembly or development (how will the plane fly)
Machinery required to assemble with precision (this is the 21st century you cannot expect a machine assembled by hands to perform such daring tasks which this beast is going to be performing)

It is good to see such innovative and inventive African minds But the sci-fi description the guy gave his work made him look not so credible or serious
Old October 13th, 2010, 09:55 AM   #37
Lydon

Likes (Received): 6517

Quote:
this is funny.

Except in the very large majority of cases you, in return, think that you know better and end up getting proven wrong.

First, it was the highways. South Africa's dual-carriageways apparently weren't highways, despite the fact that a highway has the same definition the world over. But as soon as a couple of Algerian members started saying Moroccan highways aren't highways because they don't live up to "Algerian standards," the tune was suddenly changed.

Then it was the South African air show. I emailed the organisers and over 80 000 people visited. That's about double the size of the Moroccan air show. And lastly, the film studios. After much explaining it seems some forumers still aren't able to grasp the concept of a difference between a Hollywood-style studio and a couple of film sets

But it's all good fun. Personally I gain much entertainment out of watching people fool themselves. What's amusing is that you seem to actually believe that a country with an economy a third of the size of South Africa's - that's less than the province of Gauteng - will actually have a third of the amount of highways Morocco does. Funnier yet, is that you believe that a country that develops and sells high-profile weapons to foreign countries supposedly has a smaller air show than Morocco - the air show where those same weapons are first launched.
Old October 13th, 2010, 11:32 AM   #38
A Darter

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenshotartist View Post
80 00ft maybe

But 930Km/H with those fixed wings I see on the picture and what about the engine ??

I wonder how that guy will develop an engine that will give that plane enough thrust to reach 930Km/H and also perform at different altitudes with such a huge difference in atmospheric pressure found at 80 00ft. maybe he will buy the engine or get one off a retired plane

It is good to see such innovative and inventive African minds But the sci-fi description the guy gave his work made him look not so credible or serious
Ok, let me use pictures to make my point. Again, this has nothing to do with Ugandans, just this particular group.....

Height

Blackbird SR 71 - Altitude 85 000 feet

Commercial Jets (Boeing, Airbus, etc) - Average altitude 32 000 feet

Ugandan Skyhawk - Claimed altitude of 80 000 feet. I rest my case.

Old October 13th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #39
A Darter

Speed

Pilatus MKII Trainer - 556 km/h

BAE Hawk Fighter Trainer - 1035 km/h

African Skyhawk - Claimed speed on 930 km/h. I rest my case....again

Ok I'm done....
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #40
•eze•

Likes (Received): 349

All of you feel good being the ones knocking down a 'lesser' country now?
•eze• no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement