KUALA LUMPUR | Tower M KLCC | 700m+ | 2296ft+ | 145 fl | Prep - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 24th, 2019, 11:06 AM   #121
Kadzman

Likes (Received): 807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
CTBUH has it listed as U/C already. Can anyone confirm work on the 700m plot? These photos don't give us the best angle and may not be the most up to date.

http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/building/tower-m/33627
CTBUH says here as starting 2030.

Quote:
Tower M, a 145-Story Skyscraper, is Planned for Kuala Lumpur

Construction of the office tower atop a retail podium will commence on a four-acre (1.6-hectare) site near Jalan Binjai in Kuala Lumpur after 2030.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 23 August 2019

The Petronas Twin Towers, may lose its title as Malaysia’s tallest building(s), when The Exchange 106 and Menara PNB 118 are completed in Kuala Lumpur. However, its owner, KLCC Holdings, plans to regain its crown through the construction of a 700-meter building known as Tower M within the Kuala Lumpur City Centre development.

Construction of the office tower atop a retail podium will commence on a four-acre (1.6-hectare) site near Jalan Binjai in Kuala Lumpur after 2030. The gross development value of the yet-to-be-named skyscraper is estimated to be between RM3.7 billion (US$883 million) and RM4.2 billion (US$1 billion).

When asked for his comments, Zerin Properties CEO Previndran Singhe praised the proposed development, stating, “It is a fabulous idea. By 2030 to 2035, the city will have developed further. KLCC Holdings is looking ahead and will help make KL and Malaysia a commercial center for Southeast Asia.”

“This is foresight. Without a doubt, the proposed development will do well. It will beckon conglomerates from China and the West to Southeast Asia.”

Data from the CTBUH Skyscraper Center ranks the Petronas Twin Towers as the 12th-tallest building in the world.

Rising 454 meters and over 103 levels, the aptly named Exchange 106 will trump the 452-meter, 88-story Petronas Twin Towers by the end of this year. But it could, in turn, be relegated to second spot when the 630-meter tower known as Menara PNB 118 is completed in 2024.

Another skyscraper, known as the Tradewinds Tower, standing at 608 meters, could also illuminate the Kuala Lumpur skyline. However, construction seems to have stalled on this development.

The tallest twin structures in the world, the Petronas Twin Towers, are expected to retain that status for the foreseeable future.

Asked to confirm plans for Tower M, a spokesperson for KLCCH stated that the proposed tower has been designed to soar up to 700 meters tall, and that it will be built on Lots L, L1, and M next to the MRT KLCC East Station. The number of floors has not yet been officially released.
https://www.ctbuh.org/news/tower-m-a...-kuala-lumpur/
Kadzman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 24th, 2019, 11:15 AM   #122
Kyll.Ing.

Likes (Received): 6053

Postponing something for more than ten years practically means cancelling it. What they are saying is that they can't build it in the foreseeable future, and so they won't fund it either. Saying "we will begin in 2030" just means "We won't build it now, but we don't want to outright say we're cancelling it either". When 2030 arrives, it'll be more than ten years since any news were given, and the entire project quietly forgotten. By then, it might be more acceptable to use the plot for something else without losing face.

KillerZavatar liked this post
Kyll.Ing. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2019, 12:10 PM   #123
davidwsk

Likes (Received): 4687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyll.Ing. View Post
Postponing something for more than ten years practically means cancelling it. What they are saying is that they can't build it in the foreseeable future, and so they won't fund it either. Saying "we will begin in 2030" just means "We won't build it now, but we don't want to outright say we're cancelling it either". When 2030 arrives, it'll be more than ten years since any news were given, and the entire project quietly forgotten. By then, it might be more acceptable to use the plot for something else without losing face.
It's under planning now and they have started the construction on the plots, piling etc. So it's basically progressing.
davidwsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 24th, 2019, 12:13 PM   #124
davidwsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwsk View Post
Didn't see the piling work? And the news is dated Feb 2019?

Quote:
A record-breaking new project to build a five-story shopping centre, an office tower and a four-story carpark is to be undertaken by Bauer Malaysia, a subdivision of Bauer Spezialtiefbau, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

The company has been contracted to carry out diaphragm wall and piling works for the skyscrapers in lot 164, 165 and 166 in the city centre.

Last edited by davidwsk; October 24th, 2019 at 12:21 PM.
Old October 24th, 2019, 01:57 PM   #125
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 7046

Is the Pilling also for the Main Tower?

davidwsk liked this post
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2019, 03:36 PM   #126
davidwsk

It’s for the whole plot. Also stated above.. for Mall, office tower and parking and for the whole mixed development that breaking the record of all towers in KL.
Old October 24th, 2019, 07:43 PM   #127
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 7046

Lets hope the tower will be build as planned

Ch.W, davidwsk liked this post
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2019, 08:19 PM   #128
Architecture lover
Purple Blooded

Likes (Received): 4365

145 floors? Nothing says 21st century more than the sole number of floors the thing will have.
I really like the design, great proportions, not too thin, nor too thick. Playful design, elegant in the same time. Overall, another great project.
This is the morning of our love.
It's just the dawning of our love.
I feel you your heart it sings.
I feel you the joy it brings.
Where heaven waits there's golden
gates and back again. You take me to
and lead me through oblivion.
Where angels sing spread their wings
my love's on high. You take me home
to glory's throne by and by.
This is the morning of our love.
It's just the dawning of our love.
Architecture lover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2019, 01:42 AM   #129
shakeltown

Likes (Received): 23

This tower be the tallest in the southest asian zone?
Old October 25th, 2019, 04:42 AM   #130
Fotografer

Likes (Received): 298

^Actual yes!

shakeltown liked this post
Fotografer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2019, 03:40 AM   #131
QalzimCity

Likes (Received): 1379

Malaysians usually play by their plans. This is no washy washy business. Just pray there will be no economy turmoil coming in the foreseeable future.

rnbw liked this post
QalzimCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2019, 03:21 PM   #132
sepul

Likes (Received): 2079

As a Malaysian I have no doubt the tower will be built. We love all things huge here. There will be people who call it a waste, uneconomical, etc2. But it will get built anyway. More so because it’s by KLCCP. They hate their Petronas Twins being eclipsed by other towers in KL.

rnbw liked this post
sepul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2019, 08:12 PM   #133
ssoott
Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyll.Ing. View Post
Its complicated. I understand what is happening, but I don't know how to explain it in detail. KLCC do plan on building the tower. If not, they won't go through the trouble of burying those very deep pillings. They prepping the empty lots because the MRT project might have disturbed some of their future plans on developing the area. Its like KLCC is telling MRT Corp "Okay you can build your station and subway tubes here, but make sure they don't take too much space bcos we don't want to waste our plots." I also suspect that they piled early to avoid damaging the MRT tubes in the future.

Everything we know about this project came from their website, little birds, and property magazines. Considering KLCC's credibility, I believe they will build something impressive on that lot by 2030-35 but who knows whether that project will reach 700m or not.

zeeron, shafiilham, szehoong, roxasnobody liked this post
ssoott no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2019, 06:34 AM   #134
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8961

lots of stuff can still go wrong until they start construction on the main tower. Hope this won't end as a never built
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2019, 10:30 AM   #135
davidwsk

BG72

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB6skRgvS1o

Paolonutini98, shafiilham liked this post
Old November 1st, 2019, 12:58 PM   #136
Paolonutini98

Likes (Received): 1134

^it was mentioned "the piles are 150m deep to hold "a super tower"
Old November 1st, 2019, 01:38 PM   #137
sepul

Likes (Received): 2079

It’s reassuring that the KLCC Property boss herself confirmed that KLCCP is building a “super tower”.

However no timeline was given by her. And she did mention that the massive feat of piling with BG72 (the first in the world) has to be done now together with the construction of the nearby underground MRT, so as not to disturb MRT structural integrity in the future as the “super tower” is being built.

Glad to see KLCCP’s commitment.
So the “super tower” is being prepared, but I reckon it will be years before it will actually rise.

It must be noted that Merdeka 118 took 6 years before the first level rise above ground.
It’s also noteworthy that unlike this project, Merdeka 118 was never once referred to as “super tower”.

I have high expectations
Old November 1st, 2019, 05:09 PM   #138
Kadzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolonutini98 View Post
^it was mentioned "the piles are 150m deep to hold "a super tower"
She also said normal 40-50 storeys building would only need about 60m of pilings. Does that mean they are planning a 40-50 floors building but with piles about twice as deep for support because they don't want the construction to affect the MRT system?
Or are they really going for a much taller structure that needs pilings that deep to support the heavier load plus not disturbing the MRT? I hope it's the second option for I think her statement is quite ambiguous.
Old November 1st, 2019, 05:34 PM   #139
davidwsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadzman View Post
She also said normal 40-50 storeys building would only need about 60m of pilings. Does that mean they are planning a 40-50 floors building but with piles about twice as deep for support because they don't want the construction to affect the MRT system?
Or are they really going for a much taller structure that needs pilings that deep to support the heavier load plus not disturbing the MRT? I hope it's the second option for I think her statement is quite ambiguous.
Isn’t that mentioned 145 fl already? Why still asking? Or you can’t see the title ?

sepul, ranhat007 liked this post
Old November 1st, 2019, 06:36 PM   #140
Kadzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwsk View Post
Isn’t that mentioned 145 fl already? Why still asking? Or you can’t see the title ?
Number of floors can change and why the condescending tone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement