Archive 2009 - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner

Creative Corner » 2D drawings | 3D designs | Stadium Design | Scale Models | Game Corner

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old August 8th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #121
grandbuild

Likes (Received): 0

Studio Pei-Zhu

Art Museum of Yue Minjun

While the devastating Sichuan earthquake in May left a large portion of Western China in ruins, signs are emerging that some notable building projects in the area are pushing forward. One of these projects is the Art Museum of Yue Minjun, designed by Beijing-based Studio Pei-Zhu, a 2007 Design Vanguard winner.

Located near the Qingcheng Mountains, and adjacent to the Shimeng River in Sichuan Province, the 10,700-square-foot museum will house the work of Yue Minjun, a Chinese contemporary artist known for his repetitive images of large, smiling figures. It will be one of 10 new museums on the same site, each dedicated to the work of an influential Chinese artist. Zhang Xiaogang and Wang Guangyi are among the other artists to be showcased. The complex, which is being developed by the local government of Dujingyuan, is the brainchild of Lu Peng, an art professor at the China Central Academy of Fine Art.

The Yue Minjun museum will contain exhibition space and a small artist’s studio. According to Pei Zhu, one of the firm’s principals, a river rock that he picked up one day inspired the building’s form—a large, oblong sphere. “Everything is based on the natural stone, which has a very strong relationship between the creek and the mountain and nature,” explains Zhu.

On the exterior, curvilinear walls will be clad in highly polished zinc, a soft metal that blends in with the natural surroundings while also giving the building a futuristic look. “Normally, architects will use a local material and vernacular language,” says Zhu. “We believe we needed to make something both futuristic and very natural.” It’s a striking departure from another recent project designed by the firm for the 2008 Summer Olympics: Digital Beijing, a control center whose façade resembles computer circuitry.

Work is already underway on the art museum. Site preparation began earlier this year, and the building should be completed by early 2009. Zhu says the earthquake delayed the project a mere three months, at most. “The developer still really wants to push this project [forward],” he says, “and we think that this will still benefit the society and the city.”

More Details: http://grandbuild.ashui.com/2008/08/...-of-yue-minjun
grandbuild no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2008, 11:31 PM   #122
rolf321

very nice! I especially like no. 3727, the one with the water and the green shrubs.
rolf321 no está en línea  
Old August 12th, 2008, 09:32 PM   #123
vancouverite/to'er

Likes (Received): 24

More casual, abstract BC landscape paintings:

vancouverite/to'er no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 13th, 2008, 12:47 AM   #124
vancouverite/to'er

Likes (Received): 24

Every one of these are for sale except for the R.O.M crystal!!!
vancouverite/to'er no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2008, 10:48 PM   #125
Leveler

My house

I designed my own house in SketchUp, located in Dordrecht, The Netherlands. It is build in 1940, just after the beginning of WW2. Originally build for an rich woman called Betty Huiskens who inherit her husbands money after he where killed in the war. But she never lived there, so my grand father- and mother bought it. And currently me, my sister and parents are living there. It has a huge livingroom, 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a scary attic where i sometimes here creepy noises like a old lady. The garage is added in 1976, its the only thing i dont like about the house.

I hope you like it!

Leveler no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2008, 11:33 PM   #126
jpIllInoIs

Likes (Received): 49

Very charming! Looks like many cottages in America. The garage could have a studio built on top or a sun deck. But overall this house does not need any improvement.
jpIllInoIs no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:24 AM   #127
Quall

Likes (Received): 524

You need to render this! Nice job.
Quall no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2008, 06:51 AM   #128
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 801

Looks good you should post a real pic for comparison, nice job!
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:04 AM   #129
Leveler

thnx! i only dont know which renderprogram to use...
Leveler no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM   #130
Jude12
Architecture Student

Likes (Received): 43

You can use, Vray, Podium and Blender if your a beginner in rendering. If not, then use Kerkythea.

USTArchitecture
Jude12 no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2008, 02:11 PM   #131
Leveler

thanks! ill give it a try
Leveler no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2008, 05:28 PM   #132
Jude12
Architecture Student

Likes (Received): 43

Okay. oh i forget. Nice house btw.

USTArchitecture
Jude12 no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2008, 08:45 PM   #133
WardNL

Likes (Received): 5

Netjes man.
Heb je nog meer modellen?
WardNL no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2008, 09:39 PM   #134
Leveler

ja! ik wil het alleen nog renderen, maar dat lukt niet zo goed
Leveler no está en línea  
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:57 AM   #135
Silver Creations
Silver creations

Likes (Received): 330

Maps builder

Hey, whats happen to this thread sence march 9?
Found this thread today, perhaps little too late!
I wonder if there is some thread for fantasy-citymakers in this or on another forum? I mean a place to put just ours imaginary mapsdrawings and share with others mapscreators, or something like that! Perhaps we can create some fantasyworld together!? I have one, with continents and citys and all stuffs you can found for good looking mapsstyles. OF

Stockholms stadsutveckling
Silver Creations no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2008, 03:18 AM   #136
cormiermax

Likes (Received): 46

Hey Silver Creations! I have been looking for someone to help me create an entire city. Would you be interested?
cormiermax no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #137
Silver Creations
Silver creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormiermax View Post
Hey Silver Creations! I have been looking for someone to help me create an entire city. Would you be interested?
It would be great coriermax! I was thinking about to open a thread where i can put my maps on there right here at SCC. It is actually a hold world, but it is far to be finnished! We can put our citys on there and make it to a sorts of project? The planet is called Hippis (dont ask me why?) I was looking at the superpolis project and i found that my idéa is similar and more interactive!
Or we can just show ours citys, is just fun that there is other creative people who also are making fantasycitys!
Well, first, here is a little picture of the planet:

Old October 19th, 2008, 07:02 PM   #138
cormiermax

Likes (Received): 46

Wow that looks great!! Yeah we can make all kinds of cities and country's and everything! do you have MSN?
cormiermax no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #139
Silver Creations
Silver creations

Hippis World & Society

Maps and pictures of my fantasyworld Hippis!
I have been working on this planet "Hippis" for several years now and it would be great to show what it have in it´s surface! There is continents, mountains, citys and great landmarks! And the planet population have a own story! I have an homepage for that but it´s whrited in swedish.
World & Society is an idéa how to populatet the interface of the planet! More about this will be coming soon!

This is one of the citys (a small rend. not finnished) on this planet. It´s called Cumbria-Lydia.

Old October 20th, 2008, 02:31 AM   #140
Silver Creations
Silver creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormiermax View Post
Wow that looks great!! Yeah we can make all kinds of cities and country's and everything! do you have MSN?
Hey!
No, i dont have MSN (i dont have the time) but we can communicate by my new thread:
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=731488

I gonna put some nice images there soon and i hope that this will enjoy other members to create theirs citys on this globe! Have you worked with 3d-programes? I have google sketchup but i´m to slowly! When buildings are putting in the citys they can also be seeing by 3d renderigspictures but i realy need help for that!
OF

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread