Japanese Cranes - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > East Asia > Japan Forum 日本フォーラム > Skylines & Photography / スカイラインと写真

Skylines & Photography / スカイラインと写真 Pictures & Video of Japan / 都市の景観・自然 写真とビデオ

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old September 7th, 2006, 12:27 AM   #1
safqa_tijariya

Likes (Received): 0

Japanese Cranes

Excuse me guys I just have a few questions to ask you about Japanese Cranes

if you don't know what im talking about here is a pic of J-cranes.

I would like to know are they more effective than normal cranes? (more accurate,faster,etc.?) give me details plz.

do you know which companies makes them and from where someone can buy them including their cost?

thanks a lot!

safqa_Tijariya
safqa_tijariya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2006, 06:18 AM   #2
Vapour

Likes (Received): 43

I don't know a thing about cranes, but those were manufactured by Ishikawajima-Harima heavy industries (IHI) http://www.ihi.co.jp/index-e.html

Old September 7th, 2006, 11:44 AM   #3
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 840

it seems like they would have higher efficiency than normal crann????
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2006, 04:58 PM   #4
The Cebuano Exultor
Seeking Affiliation

Likes (Received): 23

@ safqa_tijariya

The most probable rationale as to why the Japanese use these kinds of cranes is the landplot size of construction sites. I mean, Japanese cities are so dense that if ever there is on-going construction activity it would be in the middle of built-up developments. If Japanese construction sites within the urban cores of their cities had the same crane-technology as most parts of the world, it will be a safety hazard since normal cranes have longer arms or rather more horizontal arms since they are horizontally flat as opposed to the inclined Japanese cranes.

Now, if someone brings up an argument that my hypothesis about Japan's construction-cranes is wrong because Hong Kong uses the "normal" and/or commonly-used construction cranes even with its even greater density, I can only say this: they have totally different built-up area development patterns. Hong Kong's construction sites are, in fact, bigger since, more often than not, they are residential estates. These areas are not surrounded by a dense mess of low-rise apartments but are rather surrounded by a large empty area for green space and/or gardens that are part of the overall construction project upon completion. So, despite the numbers claiming that Hong Kong is denser than Tokyo, I say that Hong Kong's more efficiently organized built-up area development patterns in the form of well-arranged high-rise housing estates would somehow exceed the housing capacity of a dense mesh of low-rise detached private developments packed closely with one another.

So there you have it...
My very long answer to your inquiry.
Old September 7th, 2006, 10:17 PM   #5
safqa_tijariya

Likes (Received): 0

I thank all of you guys and special thanks to Vapour you really gave me what I needed :

here is what the website says about those cranes:

Jib climbing cranes for building construction
IHI's large jib climbing cranes, featuring large payloads and working radius capabilities, are used in nearly all skyscraper construction in Japan.

What I colored in red is supposedly their advantage.
safqa_tijariya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 11:08 AM   #6
Unsing

Likes (Received): 10

I didn't know Japanese cranes were so special.

These companies provide those cranes.
http://www.sc-m.jp/
http://www.sangyo-leasing.co.jp/index.htm

JCC-1500H, the largest one

JCC-1500H x 2, srrounded by JCC-900H x 4

JCC-1500H x 4
Unsing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: