St George's Urban Village | Summer/Dayus/Tenby/Camden/Moreton/Albion Houses | Residential/Commercial | U/C - Page 11 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area > Birmingham Construction Forum

Birmingham Construction Forum Building projects in Birmingham and the Black Country

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 13th, 2017, 10:54 AM   #201
nigeman

Likes (Received): 2228

Great pics PB..I can't believe the scale of this project, they're literally creating a new "district" here. Anyone know if the few remaining small industrial units are due to go too?
nigeman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 6th, 2017, 10:46 AM   #202
Felsham
BANNED

Likes (Received): 709

There has been some confusion on this topic (and the Kettleworks topic) about the scope of this whole project (is Kettleworks included in St George's Urban village for example).

Also because St George's Urban Village is made up of lots of individual plots then which actual building goes on which plot. The buildings are named as follows: Summer House, Dayus House, Tenby House, Camden House, Moreton House, Carver House and Albion House. Note a building called 34 Carver St is also on the site but this was built BEFORE Seven Capital started St Georges Urban Village.

I have produced a couple of images to hopefully sort things out.

This first image shows the main three "projects" in the area. The Assay Office (completed of course), Kettleworks, and St George's Urban Village.

Personally I would say Kettleworks is NOT part of St George's Urban Village, but they are next door to each other so there is some linkage between them.

JQ by Felsham1, on Flickr

I did some research and have found that Seven Capital have placed a video on You Tube for each individual St George's Urban Village building, showing which building goes where.

Here is the video for Tenby House for example, and if you search YouTube you can find a video for each of the individual buildings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BywAdahgLok

Here is an image I put together based on the videos on YouTube.

The POSITION of the buildings is roughly correct, though the SHAPE (design) of them does seem to have changed since this graphic was produced.

JQ Detail by Felsham1, on Flickr

It looks like there are (or were) plans for a hotel at 120 Pope Street nearby but I have no idea if that is going ahead.

The hotel is mentioned here:

https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/midlands/133346-

Also the building on 109-111 Pope St was up for sale, but I have no idea what the status of that site is

Here is the entry for the building on RightMove:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercia...-38953645.html

Here is an image showing how 109-111 Pope St and 120 Pope St fit in with the whole scheme.

JQ Pope St by Felsham1, on Flickr

Last edited by Felsham; September 6th, 2017 at 11:05 AM.
Felsham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2017, 08:40 AM   #203
Spooky690

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felsham View Post
There has been some confusion on this topic (and the Kettleworks topic) about the scope of this whole project (is Kettleworks included in St George's Urban village for example).

Also because St George's Urban Village is made up of lots of individual plots then which actual building goes on which plot. The buildings are named as follows: Summer House, Dayus House, Tenby House, Camden House, Moreton House, Carver House and Albion House. Note a building called 34 Carver St is also on the site but this was built BEFORE Seven Capital started St Georges Urban Village.

I have produced a couple of images to hopefully sort things out.

This first image shows the main three "projects" in the area. The Assay Office (completed of course), Kettleworks, and St George's Urban Village.

Personally I would say Kettleworks is NOT part of St George's Urban Village, but they are next door to each other so there is some linkage between them.

JQ by Felsham1, on Flickr

I did some research and have found that Seven Capital have placed a video on You Tube for each individual St George's Urban Village building, showing which building goes where.

Here is the video for Tenby House for example, and if you search YouTube you can find a video for each of the individual buildings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BywAdahgLok

Here is an image I put together based on the videos on YouTube.

The POSITION of the buildings is roughly correct, though the SHAPE (design) of them does seem to have changed since this graphic was produced.

JQ Detail by Felsham1, on Flickr

It looks like there are (or were) plans for a hotel at 120 Pope Street nearby but I have no idea if that is going ahead.

The hotel is mentioned here:

https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/midlands/133346-

Also the building on 109-111 Pope St was up for sale, but I have no idea what the status of that site is

Here is the entry for the building on RightMove:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercia...-38953645.html

Here is an image showing how 109-111 Pope St and 120 Pope St fit in with the whole scheme.

JQ Pope St by Felsham1, on Flickr
Great video but am i the only to think despite a good concept the design is very bland. It looks very claustrophobic for short buildings. They wd benefited from more high rise and mix of amenities at ground level.
Spooky690 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 6th, 2017, 02:18 AM   #204
PerpetualBrum
Taking a break

Likes (Received): 15448

I too connected the dots by watching those awful videos on Youtube some time ago this year, but I did some digging around several weeks ago and came across several planning applications and voila:

[

So here goes:

Dayus House - named after the B'ham author Kathleen Dayus

Opposite this of course is the Kettleworks, truly a part of SGUV, although I have posted those pictures in the relevant Kettleworks thread.

Next along the row is Summer and Camden House with Albion still undergoing groundwork's near the lamppost at the bottom of the shot.

On Carver Street we have Carver House and Tenby House. Carver House is closest to the camera with Tenby alongside. The blue line indicates where Tenby Road St is as of today & how it'll potentially look like once development is complete.

I believe this rather than the other two below, is the most up to date rendering of what we should get . Thanks to Sefton

- Crockett Lowe building - To Let - what will come of this? Cafe?

Now Moreton House - on the corner Of Carver/ Moreton. 34 Carver Street (St. Georges House) has already been finished, so the plot next will be a considerable one & it is rapidly growing:

I'd say with the new road from Tenby Street South down to Kettleworks (which will also have retail outlet(s) fronting onto the Village) on Pope Street, with townhouses, cafes & potential restaurants making up the difference around the area, categorically one-hundred per-cent establishes the Urban Village as one.

o'flaneurie, RalphGuy liked this post
PerpetualBrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017, 05:53 PM   #205
PerpetualBrum
Taking a break

Exteriorly nothing major since earlier in the month although steelwork has completed on Moreton House (see post above for the location of that one :p)

Carver & Tenby House

RalphGuy, Brum X, Kingsheathen liked this post
Old November 2nd, 2017, 03:29 PM   #206
SMUK86

Likes (Received): 1398

Crockett Lowe building - To Let - what will come of this? Cafe?

http://d5architects.net/projects/28-carver-street/

Strange how Seven Capital didn’t secure this building also with it being up for sale, must not have generated the returns it benchmarks to add it to the existing development. Also the development behind the Pig & Tail pub which overall with both may not help the overall look of the Street with many different developers all trying to generate a similar look in keeping with the JQ but not doing so in a uniform way.

http://d5architects.net/projects/carver-pope-street/

Last edited by SMUK86; November 2nd, 2017 at 03:36 PM.
SMUK86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 05:57 PM   #207
PerpetualBrum
Taking a break

Quote:
The steel frame and planks have been installed and roofing works are almost complete at Dayus House, Carver House and Tenby House. Window installation has also commenced across these blocks.

Steelwork is complete and brickwork is progressing at Summer House.

The steel frames have been erected at Albion House, Camden House and Moreton House and internal drainage has been installed.

RalphGuy, nigeman, miniwilko, ROYAL BLUE liked this post
Old April 3rd, 2018, 12:38 AM   #208
ReissOmari
Birmingham - #1

Likes (Received): 15082

The sense of construction and density is fantastic down here, hats off to Seven Capital for really putting in the work

Kettleworks on the left, Urban Village on the right.

I have no clue what part of the Urban Village this is but you can see the steelwork for the balconies, looks quite cool. (I think its Moreton House btw)

ReissOmari está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2018, 07:47 PM   #209
ellbrown
flickr ell brown

Likes (Received): 7728

Visit earlier in the week of the Chancellor of the Exchequer

SevenCapital Hosts The Chancellor During City Tour As Investment Grows In Birmingham

Quote:
Birmingham as a key city for investment was the message reinforced yesterday during a visit to the city by the Chancellor of the Exchequer Philip Hammond.

Addressing a cross sector of Birmingham business leaders at a round table discussion, chaired by West Midlands Mayor Andy Street, the Chancellor emphasised Birmingham’s recent surge in inward investment, ongoing transformation and new-found confidence. But, he said, to maintain the momentum and ensure the city continues its upwards spiral as a UK powerhouse, Government and businesses must work together, ensuring workers in the region are equipped with the technology, skills and training to help the region and the industry moving forward.

Before joining the round-table, held at Colmore Tang Construction’s city centre headquarters, the Chancellor joined Mr Street to tour one of Birmingham’s key current residential development sites, one of SevenCapital’s sites within its flagship 600-apartment St George’s Urban Village in the city’s Jewellery Quarter. Having made recent announcements around further investment in housing, he was keen to see an active site and good progress being made across the city where apartments form an import part of the overall housing land supply.

Phil Carlin, managing director at SevenCapital, who played host to the Chancellor and the Mayor along with Colmore Tang CEO Andy Robinson, said: “The Chancellor reinforced his long-held view that Birmingham’s rightful second city status would only ever be fully realised with a credible, cohesive and inclusive leadership. We now have that in the form of Andy Street and with a clear plan of attack the mayor has the full support of central government where appropriate”.
Old April 7th, 2018, 07:03 PM   #210
Typhoon2000
...Ready for departure.

Likes (Received): 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReissOmari View Post
The sense of construction and density is fantastic down here, hats off to Seven Capital for really putting in the work

Kettleworks on the left, Urban Village on the right.

Dead frontages or live frontages though. If the lower floors will have little of no interaction with the street, it's going to continue to look pretty grim down there. Verandas for each flat could make the ground level more civilized.

(Someone at Cadbury obviously has a sense of humour...)
This is Birmingham... FORWARD!!!

Kingsheathen liked this post
Typhoon2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 11:49 PM   #211
PerpetualBrum
Taking a break

Seven Capitals birds-eye view

Old April 21st, 2018, 12:46 PM   #212
sefton66

Likes (Received): 8331

Just shows how huge this is and how much the area is going to change with the influx of thousands of new residents
sefton66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2018, 01:00 AM   #213
nigeman

Likes (Received): 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualBrum View Post
Seven Capitals birds-eye view

I think they're building a new town...
Old May 7th, 2018, 12:29 AM   #214
PerpetualBrum
Taking a break

Albion House:

Moreton House:

Tenby House:

Straight ahead. Tenby House on the left, Carver on the right:

Old May 7th, 2018, 01:40 AM   #215
JRB1234

Likes (Received): 526

The scale of this is impressive
JRB1234 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 11:10 PM   #216
PerpetualBrum
Taking a break

leading up to tenby street north

Old June 15th, 2018, 11:21 PM   #217
PerpetualBrum
Taking a break

Old July 18th, 2018, 09:25 PM   #218
PerpetualBrum
Taking a break

Apologies for the pics, I'm using a 55-200mm lens on a cramped street Needed a wide angle lens that was unfortunately left at home, but hey ho.

Starting from the top end of Pope Street, with Kettleworks on the left, SGUV on the right

DAYUS HOUSE - FIRST BUILDING IN GREEN SHEETING

There'll be a walkway turning right into the townhouses and have direct access up to Tenby Street North as you can see a little gap between the builds

Next to Dayus House is Summer House & that is a dark brick building which will break up the monotomy of red that dominates the area. It will sit opposite the retail units of Kettleworks too, as well as have as having a clear route onto Camden Street, as seen in the second pic below

Next to Summer is Camden House, again, still under covers

Albion House - just steelwork

Walking onto Carver Street is Moreton House on the corner

and it's finished look

Next to that is the already complete St. Georges House and the Crockett building. Next up is Carver House

Tenby House

Finished look:

From that last pic, you'll see Pope Street car park (check pics on Kettleworks thread) on the other side straight ahead with bottom floor retail, with the townhouses either side, so it ought to be an active street

Said townhouses:

Remains to be seen whether we'll see 1-6 Carver Street (top end of Pig & Tail and opp The Orb, anytime soon
Old July 22nd, 2018, 11:11 PM   #219
djay
The promised land

Likes (Received): 2758

5th photo is shocking.

If I ain't the one I'm the prototype
djay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2018, 01:23 AM   #220
sefton66

Likes (Received): 8331

I’m assuming you mean this one? Not all photos are showing for me

The building directly in front isn’t part of this scheme I don’t think is it?

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1782/...246d11e3_b.jpg
sefton66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement