Snowhill | Phase 3 | Snow Hill Queensway | Mixed-Use | 40/23 fl | 138m | Canc. - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area

Birmingham Metro Area Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton and the West Midlands

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old March 15th, 2007, 11:47 AM   #41
Biosonic
Second Citizen

Likes (Received): 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAfiK_248 View Post
dat wud be rele kool then at the end,when snow hill has been completed, you can put all the pano's on one post to show how its changed lol dat b wikid
It's not beyond the realms of possibility that someone could do an animation/fade through. I think Van Heckler did that once
Advertisement

Old March 15th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #42
SimLim

Likes (Received):

Boy didnt he do one. It was superb. It highlighted the difference with a new look Rotunda, HCT, Bullring and Orion.

Old March 15th, 2007, 03:36 PM   #43
GrAfiK_248

Likes (Received): 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin G View Post
Hey, GrAfiK - r u Ali G by NE chance?
na mate, what makes you say that?
GrAfiK_248 no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 16th, 2007, 02:51 PM   #44
Biosonic
Second Citizen

From AJ Online:

Quote:
Howells adds to Birmingham’s towering ambitions

Glenn Howells’ £80 million Snow Hill tower scheme – featuring one of the tallest planned structures in Birmingham – has been submitted for planning.

The scheme comprises a 43-storey residential block next to a 27-floor hotel.

The 56,000m2 development for Ballymore Properties will incorporate offices, retail space, restaurants and flats. Basement parking and landscaped public spaces have also been worked into the design.

When built it is understood the Snow Hill residential tower will become the second tallest building in Birmingham – only a few metres short of the BT Tower.

Yesterday Eric Kuhne’s striking 50-storey V building, proposed for Arena Central, Birmingham, made its international debut at MIPIM (Kuhne unveils 50-storey tower for Birmingham).

According to Glenn Howells, the gap between Snow Hill’s two towers is intended as a gateway which will ‘create a sense of arrival’ and ‘frame’ nearby St Chad’s Cathedral.

Project architect Stephen Spencer said: ‘Generally comprising anodised aluminium, glass and polished concrete, a great many options for the size, shape and location of the building have been considered during the course of the scheme.

‘The building responds to the height of existing buildings in Snow Hill. The curved and tapering form of the plans, together with the quality of the materials and the modelling of the facade, will create a building with a distinctive shape that responds to the changing effect of daylight,’ he added.

Construction is expected to begin on site in July or August this year

Old March 16th, 2007, 02:59 PM   #45
Steldemetriou
Stel

Likes (Received): 798

The views will be stunning looking out of the curveed facade, cannot believe we are getting two world class skyscrapers at the same time!
Steldemetriou no está en línea  
Old March 16th, 2007, 03:15 PM   #46
SimLim

Likes (Received):

Yep it be great.

27 storeys though, I take it they are including the 4 underground floors in that with the spa etc.

Now, with these in construction at the same time as the V tower, hopefully BST and the Pinnacle will have some positive and progressive news. It really is going to be a great time in Birmingham for construction and redevlopment over the next decade.

Old March 16th, 2007, 03:43 PM   #47
FLD

Likes (Received): 1

Fantastic - thanks Bio, you ferret, you!

145 metres this one!!!
FLD no está en línea  
Old March 16th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #48
SimLim

Likes (Received):

What?

Flid you really are annoying. Stop adding extra meters.

Its 137.

Old March 16th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #49
Butterfield
lime-hating shrublet

Likes (Received): 3307

What are the frosted sections on the 'corner'?
Butterfield no está en línea  
Old March 16th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #50
Biosonic
Second Citizen

Perforated alumiunium cladding, probably concealing a column
Old March 16th, 2007, 04:45 PM   #51
Butterfield
lime-hating shrublet

Is is part of the.... "exoskeleton"??

Sorry, just wanted to use that word.
Old March 16th, 2007, 04:51 PM   #52
Biosonic
Second Citizen

This building doesn't really have one - it looks to be more of an integrated facade system
Old March 16th, 2007, 05:05 PM   #53
Butterfield
lime-hating shrublet

Shows how much I know about skyscrapers.
Old March 17th, 2007, 04:48 AM   #54
morestoreysplease
Brummie Angeleno

Likes (Received): 2028

Great pics and excitement is mounting!! Sim - will you stop referring to FLD as Flid? I find it extremely immature, and not welcome.
Old March 17th, 2007, 04:56 AM   #55
Butterfield
lime-hating shrublet

It was Martin G who started that calling him that.
Old March 17th, 2007, 05:03 AM   #56
SimLim

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by morestoreysplease View Post
Great pics and excitement is mounting!! Sim - will you stop referring to FLD as Flid? I find it extremely immature, and not welcome.
What? Are you him? Tell me to stop when his actually any use and not annoying other forumers on specific threads. Find it immature. Trying to up a fecking height when its cleary 137m is stupidly immature and extremely frustrating. What would you like me to call him? Dipshit? No didnt think so.

Old March 17th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #57
Qoasis77

Likes (Received): 0

I think this development is really exciting, especially as there is so much going on elsewher in brum at the same time.

The Snowhill area of the city has a real potential - I just can't believe with all this development the council haven't included a section 106 contribution to the Station as they did with Moor Street/Bullring? Easy way to raise some cash to give the old girl a facelift...
Qoasis77 no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2007, 02:02 PM   #58
wotdoesthisbuttondo

Likes (Received): 0

Getting way ahead here I know but the 27 story hotel would be a fantastic opportunity for Brum to get that 5 star hotel it needs, I don't think it's too far from the ICC for it to be successful. Be great if the Hilton opened it with a nice rooftop pool and gym
wotdoesthisbuttondo no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2007, 03:15 PM   #59
Engels
Simples

Likes (Received): 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qoasis77 View Post
I think this development is really exciting, especially as there is so much going on elsewher in brum at the same time.

The Snowhill area of the city has a real potential - I just can't believe with all this development the council haven't included a section 106 contribution to the Station as they did with Moor Street/Bullring? Easy way to raise some cash to give the old girl a facelift...
I think the section 106 contributions are going towards the works (rather than a cash sum) for the bridge deck to allow the Metro extension,.. they should be detailed in the outline planning application if anyone can be bovverd to check.

You were given this because people loved you, because people you never knew worked to feed you and long before you were born people died to protect you and to give you the opportunities they never had.

Life doesn't owe you anything! YOU owe life!
Engels no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2007, 06:35 PM   #60
SimLim

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotdoesthisbuttondo View Post
Getting way ahead here I know but the 27 story hotel would be a fantastic opportunity for Brum to get that 5 star hotel it needs, I don't think it's too far from the ICC for it to be successful. Be great if the Hilton opened it with a nice rooftop pool and gym
It's definately going to be 5 star. Pool and Gym are on the lower floors.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
under construction