Uganda Oil Thread - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Uganda

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM   #81
sseki2010
In the brig

Likes (Received): 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister79 View Post
Saudi Arabia lived years only from oil. Their GDP wasn't very big. Now they are reducing the oil sector by investing in non-oil sectors, and thanks to that their GDP will go to 1000 billion dollar in the comming 10 years!

The oil countries in Africa should follow this example and their GDP will become bigger..
yeah Ugandans excatly will follow this coz they r used to the system
sseki2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 26th, 2009, 10:39 PM   #82
mkenya

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03virgil View Post
ya
Uganda isn't richer than any other east African country nor will it be anytime soon
trust me I'm Ugandan too
we all like to big up our respective countries but not to be cocky over nothing
and BTW the latest figures show Uganda's oil deposits at about 2 billion barrels
which is competion with arab nations and venezuela nd chile well south american sountries

2Billion barrells is a significant quantity but not too big by international standards....Saudi arabia claim to be having 750 Billion barrells...canada the country with the second biggest reserves has 170 billion. Any major oil power must have excess of 100 billion.

You asked if Kenya has oil...the Answer is YES....It is widely said,especialy in the military arena that commericial Oil was discovered in the 90's then under president Moi in Turkana area(where Just accross the border,sudan is mining) and some parts of North Eastern Kenya.....But Moi refused to mine it for unknown reasons.
mkenya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 02:27 AM   #83
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 5960

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseki2010 View Post
butembe u cant learn well in swahili, man thats the fact Africa has not reached on that stage.
Wow Btritish arased all your confidence out of you head. In Congo people learn Physics , Math, Science in Swahili, Lingala, Tshiluba( the most dificult Bantu language).

You need to stop thinking that Kinzungu is the only say you can learn these things.

How come there are engineers in Congo that learned their Skills in Swahili, Lingala, and Tshiluba?
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2009, 02:46 PM   #84
Kenguy

Likes (Received): 3264

Quote:
guys am creating a new thread on Mbarara town which in january attained city status from municipality status and jinja city the most respected city in Uganda and a good tourist resort, so u can search about these cities, nyce tyme.valentino
Mbarara? Its population is only about 100,000. Anyway, I have plenty of pics since I have spent some time in this town. I will be happy to contribute.
Old June 27th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #85
03virgil

why issn't the north getting a city of their own
if this cuty thing is supposed to be regional
i personally think that gulu is as good as either mbarara or mbale and defi****inately has a higher population
for a town amidst conflict for the last 20 years gulu has done astoundingly well to keep up with the other bigger towns
Now all they need to do is fund Gulu as much as they fund JInja and Mbarara and mbale
and in a few years we'll see which towns will be bigger of the four
I'm not an acholi but i know that if anyone knows what determination is, it should be them and if given a break they'll give Kampala and jinja a run for their money
(with leaders dedicated to changing the lives of their own people Gulu definitely has potential0
holla with any more ideas on the subject
03virgil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #86
Kenguy

Quote:
i personally think that gulu is as good as either mbarara or mbale and defi****inately has a higher population
for a town amidst conflict for the last 20 years gulu has done astoundingly well to keep up with the other bigger towns
Now all they need to do is fund Gulu as much as they fund JInja and Mbarara and mbale
I'm not an acholi but i know that if anyone knows what determination is, it should be them and if given a break they'll give Kampala and jinja a run for their money
(with leaders dedicated to changing the lives of their own people Gulu definitely has potential0
I have heard of plans to promote the towns to city status but I wasn't aware that they had been granted city status already. Mbarara's status to me is politically motivated, but thats my opinion since Gulu hasn't got it yet. Mbarara IMO is a major town, not a city.
Old June 29th, 2009, 02:11 PM   #87
sseki2010
In the brig

thanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenguy View Post
Mbarara? Its population is only about 100,000. Anyway, I have plenty of pics since I have spent some time in this town. I will be happy to contribute.
man but it doesnt have only that population, i recently did survey with other I.T students in MUK but tha population in mbarara has tripled due to the govt involvement in it.man i was recently in mbarara, so get back the news
Old June 29th, 2009, 02:19 PM   #88
sseki2010
In the brig

man a wit u on that

Quote:
03virgil man am wit u, am not an acholi but the acholi people r so great that they hav been in war but have tried to promote their city, they r great leaders, i like Nobert mao coz he is very great and i think he could rule Uganda and all people will be greatful, but these southern mostly the Banyankole r hypocritic and very rude people, they cant even do business coz they talk badly, u see they have been in the thing for long yet they r stable but Mbarara is still a small town with even less people than Gulu but Gulu people have "amagezi", sooooooooooooooo am wit u GUY....
Old June 29th, 2009, 05:49 PM   #89
mkenya

Quote:
03virgil man am wit u, am not an acholi but the acholi people r so great that they hav been in war but have tried to promote their city, they r great leaders, i like Nobert mao coz he is very great and i think he could rule Uganda and all people will be greatful, but these southern mostly the Banyankole r hypocritic and very rude people, they cant even do business coz they talk badly, u see they have been in the thing for long yet they r stable but Mbarara is still a small town with even less people than Gulu but Gulu people have "amagezi", sooooooooooooooo am wit u GUY....
Pls avoid the internal politics...some of us cannot understand the Acholi or Banyankole stuff
mkenya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #90
sseki2010
In the brig

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenya View Post
Pls avoid the internal politics...some of us cannot understand the Acholi or Banyankole stuff
mkenya dont get tough, ugandans r very good when it comes to politics, so u can intervene and join us in our discussion.thanks
Old June 29th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #91
Kenguy

Quote:
man but it doesnt have only that population, i recently did survey with other I.T students in MUK but tha population in mbarara has tripled due to the govt involvement in it.man i was recently in mbarara, so get back the news

Actually, Im writing this from Mbarara. So Mbarara's population is now 300,000? Do you have any proof? Anyway, I just cant call Mbarara a city yet, its just my opinion but that doesn't stop anyone from elevating its status.
Old June 29th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #92
Kenguy

Quote:
but these southern mostly the Banyankole r hypocritic and very rude people, they cant even do business coz they talk badly, u see they have been in the thing for long yet they r stable but Mbarara is still a small town with even less people than Gulu but Gulu people have "amagezi", sooooooooooooooo am wit u GUY....

So you are a northerner? I guess its best to stop stereotyping communities. It doesn't do anyone any good.
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:20 PM   #93
sseki2010
In the brig

i aint a northerner but in uganda resources r not distributed equally, am from the south too,am a Mukiga
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #94
03virgil

i am not supporting any stereotype but i hate to see our country be brought down by one group of people that believe that they deserve to rule the whole country when they know that other ethnic groups produce leaders that are just as good if not better
politic and democracy in uganda inorder to be successful, it has to be able to fully represent all its peoples' views no just a chosen few all thge way from karamoja to kabale (NORTH EAST TO SOUTH WEST for the non Ugandans)
the government should have equal members from all kingdoms / areas to properly represent their people

One of the most ****ed up things that i've seen (forgive the language) is the making of the presidents wife the minister of karamoja. she is from tha opposite side of the country, barely knows karamojongs and then how the hell can she represent people that she hardly knows of when she can't empasize with them at any level
DOES SHE KNOW HOW MUCH SUFFERING THE KARAMOJONGS GO THROUGH?
DOES SHE KNOW HOW THE KARAMOJONGS FEEL WATCHING S THE REST OF UGANDA DEVELOP WHILE THEIR LAND IS IGNORED BY THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT?
I'm not a karamojong but if it were my people, i know how i would feel about this
SO DO YOU?
PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS ON THE DISCUSSION ON NO RELEVANT POLITICIANS
03virgil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #95
Kenguy

Quote:
i aint a northerner but in uganda resources r not distributed equally, am from the south too,am a Mukiga

Im Sorry. I guess its the way you referred to the Banyankole as "these southerners" that ticked me off.
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #96
Kenguy

Quote:
i am not supporting any stereotype but i hate to see our country be brought down by one group of people that believe that they deserve to rule the whole country when they know that other ethnic groups produce leaders that are just as good if not better.
I believe a time is coming when Ugandans will realise its not where a leader comes from but what he/she does that is the most important. I think that's where the focus should be instead of "when will a president come from my community?" That said, Im not a supporter of M7 even though Uganda has seen alot of development under him.
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:55 PM   #97
Kenguy

Quote:
the government should have equal members from all kingdoms / areas to properly represent their people.
I agree.
Old June 30th, 2009, 09:03 PM   #98
sseki2010
In the brig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenguy View Post
I believe a time is coming when Ugandans will realise its not where a leader comes from but what he/she does that is the most important. I think that's where the focus should be instead of "when will a president come from my community?" That said, Im not a supporter of M7 even though Uganda has seen alot of development under him.
let mi tell u ma friend kenguy mr president now is not the one who has developed uganda, the people who Mr Amin dada the conquer taught how to work upon even if there r difficulties who has worked hard to be where we r now, kenguy and other THREADERS and o3virgil, believe or not uganda r the most hard working people in the region, the president doesnot care but people have worked in themselves to be better guys.if the president was caring ooops Uganda would be a better place for people to live in,
-he has dis-united people now that our brothers the Banyankole r not loved
-he has embezzled ugandan funds, in that we get a lot of taxes but they go in his pockets and family pockets
-he has not built any hospital or road and in part of infrastructure , those roads u mostly see where built by brave And tough Dr Amin dada and thats why u guys in Tanzania, kenya, Rwanda see him as a bad person but to Ugandans he was great, the press killed his name,
(DR Amin built Most of the makerere university which our Mr president has ignored and has insitiled his un educated people to rule it hence becoming eevn not good yet Makerere University was known the best University in Africa,
Amin built roads,schools, hospitals thats why he wanted ugandans to work on their own not be employed, so Amin is our hero)
-Museveni has buit only one sky scraper and it is his own not for ugandans, which most of his investment r outside uganda mostly kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda,sweden where he bought a street, london , US and canada.
-how can an African black man be rated one of the richest president in the world , go to google search about "who the richeset presidents in the world" u will see so kenguy am Ugandan and have grown up in Uganda and am an elite i known politics but u resaerch about that mr president uganda
-most skyscraper r pre Amin rule which were built by our another greatest hero mr obote milton who had few funds but had a spirit of nationalism.
- u can wonder when most of the businesses in great Kenya r
Museveniz investment
-the oil we talk about was discovered long tyme and museveni started derricking the oil long tyme ago coz villagers can tell u but Mr president hadnot announced, he has just announced.
----kenguy understand politics

luv u all nyce tyme
Old July 2nd, 2009, 01:34 PM   #99
Kenguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseki2010;39041536[QUOTE
]-he has dis-united people now that our brothers the Banyankole r not loved
Every regime has had communities that are resented due to their dominance in the government and military of the day. It didn't start with M7 but I hope it ends with him.

Quote:
-he has embezzled ugandan funds, in that we get a lot of taxes but they go in his pockets and family pockets
I agree.

Quote:
-he has not built any hospital or road and in part of infrastructure , those roads u mostly see where built by brave And tough Dr Amin dada and thats why u guys in Tanzania, kenya, Rwanda see him as a bad person but to Ugandans he was great, the press killed his name,
(DR Amin built Most of the makerere university which our Mr president has ignored and has insitiled his un educated people to rule it hence becoming eevn not good yet Makerere University was known the best University in Africa,
Have you travelled out of Kampala lately? If you are in Uganda, I highly suggest you do. Roads are being rebuilt and expanded and new ones are getting built at the moment. On the issue of Makerere, I believe you have seen all those new glassy faculty blocks that have been built in the last few years. Makerere's main problem is administrative but like every issue in Uganda, the blame goes to the president.

Quote:
-Museveni has buit only one sky scraper and it is his own not for ugandans, which most of his investment r outside uganda mostly kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda,sweden where he bought a street, london , US and canada.
Quote:
-most skyscraper r pre Amin rule which were built by our another greatest hero mr obote milton who had few funds but had a spirit of nationalism

Skyscrapers are not an indicator of a country's progress and obviously, like any african leader, he hasn't wasted time in aquiring wealth for himself and cronies.

-
Quote:
u can wonder when most of the businesses in great Kenya r
Museveniz investment
Please list these businesses in Kenya?
Old July 2nd, 2009, 05:54 PM   #100
Vakai

Likes (Received): 81840

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenya View Post
I hope there is no thread on this..Oil has indeed been discovered in Uganda and we are talking of about 2 Billion Barrels....Do we see this beeing a curse..Will Museveni , a product of the bush end up buying guns and tanks?

Interesting observations are:-

Museveni has refused totell the public the revenue share agreement they have with the mining company.

Museveni is goes mad when he is told that they must build a pileline to mombasa to take crude then import the refined stuff. Of course . this is for economic reasons..Uganda consumes like 30,000 barrels daily (kenya is about 100-120,000) hence it cant be economical to build a refinary in Uganda.

anyway guys..what do u thing about this
Without going into the technical aspect of things i will just say i don't think that Ugandans should expect much. Massive amounts of money are going to be siphoned off to Europe by the politicians. The average Ugandan who is languishing in poverty will be equally poor even when the oil profits start to flow in and its just going to be life in Africa as usual. When i think of the most liveable countries on the African continent, none of the oil producing ones come to mind.

Marcos6010Vinicius liked this post
Vakai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
oil, trade, uganda