8 CONLAY (Kempinski Hotel & Residences) | Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Conlay) | 72 fl | U/C - Page 13 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 29th, 2018, 04:15 PM   #241
Plebeian

Likes (Received): 2

After finding out i was wrong? Lol which low IQ guy came up with that?

Confirmed with the sales staff AGAIN....Levels 8 and 9 of the podium ARE INDEED FOR RETAIL. Levels 5, 6 and 7 are for carparking allocations for buyers of residential tower B that has yet to be released.
Plebeian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 29th, 2018, 06:09 PM   #242
jimmykl2020

Likes (Received): 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium Falcon View Post
Hahaha, somebody probably doesn't know how to see building cross sections and decided to criticize before being shot back at, without being able to retort after finding out he was wrong...

And this Kempinski Hotel having a three level small retail mall (likely to focus on F&B?) is a good idea, so as not to take the limelight away from the nearby Pavilion... Although I'm curious what's that one retail space sitting at Level 4 and 4M, possibly a large banquet-style Chinese restaurant?
I think it could be open space that can be used for small conferences, wedding and banquets, fairs, interviews etc. Good idea!
jimmykl2020 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2018, 01:39 PM   #243
Sidestreaker

Likes (Received): 7

Unless my eyes is playing tricks on me, the cross section clearly stipulates 4.5 levels of retail and with a clear separation of entrances for retail, hotel and certainly for the service residence.

Anyhow, a quick measurement on the site from Google Earth Pro suggest that the retail is about, maaaaayyyybeeee 70,000 sqft gross on its foot print. X4.5levels makes it about 300,000 sqft GFA or less.

Clearly a mall of this size will not be destination retail mall and will mainly serve lifestyle and hospitality type of establishment , as advertised by the sales team. You'll probably see more F&B and fine-dining than your typical H&M or Uniqlo here.

I personally like the feel of Jalan Conlay (not too busy of a 1x1 road) and the future potential of this area. There's bound to be some public realm improvement to connect to the rest of my favourite places in BB. Walk-ability (and bike-ability) should improve soon.

Generally there's a good feel about this area and the floor plans ain't too shabby either. If only I have RM2M+ stashed somewhere.....

Last edited by Sidestreaker; May 1st, 2018 at 01:08 PM.
Sidestreaker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2018, 08:10 PM   #244
Plebeian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidestreaker View Post
Unless my eyes is playing tricks on me, the cross section clearly stipulates 4.5 levels of retail and with a clear separation of entrances for retail, hotel and certainly for the service residence.

Anyhow, a quick measurement on the site from Google Earth Pro suggest that the retail is about, maaaaayyyybeeee 70,000 sqft gross on its foot print. X4.5levels makes it about 300,000 sqft GFA or less.

Clearly a mall of this size will not be destination retail mall and will mainly serve lifestyle and hospitality type of establishment , as advertised by the sales team. You'll probably see more F&B and fine-dining than your typical H&M or Uniqlo here.

I personally like the feel of Jalan Conlay (not too busy of a 1x1 road) and the future potential of this area. There's bound to be some public realm improvement to connect to the rest of my favourite places in BB. Walk-ability (and bike-ability) should improve soon.

Generally there's a good feel about this area and the floor plans ain't too shabby either. If only I have RM2M+ stashed somewhere.....
This version of the cross-section is wrong (yup they can even get this wrong). The colour code shows levels 8 and 9 as "hotel". On other versions of their collaterals the retail podium scheme is as I had said, 9 storey retail with carpark wedged in between catering to buyers (if any) of tower B units. This can be easily verified....just pop by their showflat and speak to the staff.

Leasable area (NLA) for the retail portion was given as 103,769 sqft. This could have changed since they kept going for development plans re-submissions (at least 4 times already, yet another sign of inexperienced developer). But you are right, they are planning for majority F&B. What else can it be for such a small "mall" right?

The floor plans ain't too shabby? LOL depends on which units you talking about. Have you seen their so called 3 bedroom units? You can hardly fit in a standard twin size bed (single person bed), let alone a place to store clothes. But they have ensuite bathroom for this mini room...does it even make sense? Again, yet another sign of developer that doesn't know what they are doing. Don't even have basic sense for space and sizing and yet they are in the business of developing living spaces? Such a joke. And if you were to buy (if you had the capital stashed somewhere), would u be going for any of the units facing the other block and looking into those apartments?
Old May 3rd, 2018, 12:29 PM   #245
Sidestreaker

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plebeian View Post
This version of the cross-section is wrong (yup they can even get this wrong). The colour code shows levels 8 and 9 as "hotel". On other versions of their collaterals the retail podium scheme is as I had said, 9 storey retail with carpark wedged in between catering to buyers (if any) of tower B units. This can be easily verified....just pop by their showflat and speak to the staff.

Leasable area (NLA) for the retail portion was given as 103,769 sqft. This could have changed since they kept going for development plans re-submissions (at least 4 times already, yet another sign of inexperienced developer). But you are right, they are planning for majority F&B. What else can it be for such a small "mall" right?

The floor plans ain't too shabby? LOL depends on which units you talking about. Have you seen their so called 3 bedroom units? You can hardly fit in a standard twin size bed (single person bed), let alone a place to store clothes. But they have ensuite bathroom for this mini room...does it even make sense? Again, yet another sign of developer that doesn't know what they are doing. Don't even have basic sense for space and sizing and yet they are in the business of developing living spaces? Such a joke. And if you were to buy (if you had the capital stashed somewhere), would u be going for any of the units facing the other block and looking into those apartments?
Walauwei, now you really aroused my curiosity to pop-in the sales office, just to figure out how the podium (and the team) works. 9 Storey retail is really pushing it! Unless they're making large rental units on the higher floors like gym, beauty centres and restaurants, it'll be extremely hard to get footfall to make it work.

Well, the only unit that got my attention and one which I think is a good balance of price and spatial quality is the 2 bedroom 900+ sqft (type Cs) where the dining and living is one open space and has openings on the entire width, breaking away from most apartments that has that 'telescopic' space effect of 4m+width. I don't mind either KLCC or KLIFD view, as both these unit types has relatively clear line of sight (units at the far NorthEast edge). I agree with your comments on the 3 bed-units or 2+1, as they're trying to shoehorn that extra bedroom into it, perhaps trying to fulfill some marketing studies requirements of sorts. As a result, the internal space/room suffers a bit.
Sidestreaker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2018, 04:20 AM   #246
Plebeian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidestreaker View Post
Walauwei, now you really aroused my curiosity to pop-in the sales office, just to figure out how the podium (and the team) works. 9 Storey retail is really pushing it! Unless they're making large rental units on the higher floors like gym, beauty centres and restaurants, it'll be extremely hard to get footfall to make it work.

Well, the only unit that got my attention and one which I think is a good balance of price and spatial quality is the 2 bedroom 900+ sqft (type Cs) where the dining and living is one open space and has openings on the entire width, breaking away from most apartments that has that 'telescopic' space effect of 4m+width. I don't mind either KLCC or KLIFD view, as both these unit types has relatively clear line of sight (units at the far NorthEast edge). I agree with your comments on the 3 bed-units or 2+1, as they're trying to shoehorn that extra bedroom into it, perhaps trying to fulfill some marketing studies requirements of sorts. As a result, the internal space/room suffers a bit.
haha yeah go check out the retail scheme then post here leh. btw they have moved the showroom to their office building now. LOL they had initially spent a huge amount of money to build a showroom on site....but had to demolish it to make way for construction of the project. they thought they could sell out the project before construction began. this type of planning....once again underlines their lack of brains and experience. best not to buy any units at all from such developers. pictures maybe nice but you just won't know what you are going to get in the end.
Old May 15th, 2018, 08:12 AM   #247
davidwsk

Likes (Received): 4570

https://www.facebook.com/KSKLand/

World 2 World, Munwon, aim11086, Izzz, Greg liked this post
davidwsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 09:58 AM   #248
davidwsk

Likes (Received): 4570

https://www.facebook.com/KSKLand/

Munwon, roxasnobody liked this post
davidwsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 11:54 AM   #249
jimmykl2020

Another fast rising one, Chinese construction is honestly impressive!
Old May 24th, 2018, 02:39 PM   #250
anordinarymouse

Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykl2020 View Post
Another fast rising one, Chinese construction is honestly impressive!
Agreed- my only worry is whether they're sacrificing quality for time...

akif90 liked this post
anordinarymouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 08:03 PM   #251
irfanpomelo

Likes (Received): 84

in my opinion i am not giving any high hopes for chinese construction as its final product looks quiet 'comot' and unsatifying eventhough the progress is very fast. Just look at Four Seasons Place and The Exchange 106. I am more towards korean companies like Daewoo and Samsung C&T (Star Residence, Ilham Tower, Carigali and our beloved Petronas Towers)
irfanpomelo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2018, 04:07 PM   #252
jimmykl2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfanpomelo View Post
in my opinion i am not giving any high hopes for chinese construction as its final product looks quiet 'comot' and unsatifying eventhough the progress is very fast. Just look at Four Seasons Place and The Exchange 106. I am more towards korean companies like Daewoo and Samsung C&T (Star Residence, Ilham Tower, Carigali and our beloved Petronas Towers)
I think itís just a matter of architectural design. The towers in shanghai or guangzhou for example that were designed meticulously by big names donít look tacky at all.

irfanpomelo liked this post
Old June 8th, 2018, 05:21 AM   #253
nazrey

Likes (Received): 15335

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lhtang...n/photostream/
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!

Munwon liked this post
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2018, 06:34 AM   #254
nazrey

Likes (Received): 15335

Img635696nxi_conv by veryamateurish, on Flickr
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!

Munwon liked this post
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2018, 08:33 PM   #255
ReginaMills

Likes (Received): 3611

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
Which tower is under construction in the background?

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1906023
ReginaMills no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2018, 01:06 AM   #256
facadeengineer
Facade Engineer

Likes (Received): 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMills View Post
YTL HQ in the right you mean?
facadeengineer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2018, 07:14 AM   #257
anordinarymouse

Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMills View Post
If you're referring to the really tall prominent one, it's the TRX Exchange 106
anordinarymouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2018, 10:37 AM   #258
jimmykl2020

That YTL HQ is gonna be a beautiful one I’m sure
Old July 6th, 2018, 07:52 AM   #259
facadeengineer
Facade Engineer

Likes (Received): 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykl2020 View Post
That YTL HQ is gonna be a beautiful one Iím sure
yes, pay some attentions to its super tall podium.
facadeengineer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2018, 03:40 PM   #260
akif90

Likes (Received): 7443

Munwon, A1man, Millennium Falcon liked this post
akif90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement