8 CONLAY (Kempinski Hotel & Residences) | Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Conlay) | 72 fl | U/C - Page 16 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 12th, 2019, 03:01 PM   #301
promulgate

Likes (Received): 791

Millennium Falcon, Munwon, szehoong liked this post
promulgate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 14th, 2019, 02:29 PM   #302
davidwsk

Likes (Received): 4524

davidwsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2019, 09:49 AM   #303
nazrey

Likes (Received): 15307

-delete-
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2019, 06:01 PM   #304
promulgate

Likes (Received): 791

March 2019

davidwsk, szehoong, Munwon liked this post
promulgate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 01:07 PM   #305
Plebeian

Likes (Received): 2

Development progress is slow due to funding issues. Residential portion cannot sell cuz it is lousy product at unrealistic pricing. No cash flow from sales means cannot draw down loan from bank...means can expect developer to cut corners here and there...means end product will be of inferior quality. No good news coming from this project for sure. Buy with eyes open and expectations managed. Writing is all over the wall. Not to mention they need to hand over sold units by 2020 at the latest...else liquidated damages are payable. First few units were sold in end 2015 and they have 5 years to hand over. It'll be a wonder if this project can even be completed.

mikeazfar liked this post
Plebeian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 01:11 PM   #306
Plebeian

Likes (Received): 2

By the way, those familiar with China construction firms will know they can actually build much faster than this. So the only reason for the delays is funding issues.

Note that this development is further complicated by the fact that it is curved. Every floor is slightly different. The glass facade means they need to cut every piece of glass to different measurements for every floor. Lol.....challenges abound. That's what you get from wannabe developer with zero track record and experience.
Plebeian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 05:13 PM   #307
CxIxMaN
In the brig

Likes (Received): 1254

Unrealistic thinking and vision
Looks nice but where is the market???
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 06:10 PM   #308
HSMalaysia

Likes (Received): 14

Look like i am not the only one noted on the slow progress. Can Bosco help now by pulling some buyers from HK?
HSMalaysia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 07:26 PM   #309
jimmykl2020

Likes (Received): 223

This is why you shouldn’t make the city centre a luxury-property-only area. Where are the regular Malaysians? We need something like HDB to bring people back into the city to live and work. This reduces congestion and concentrates people around transit, retail, and business districts.

Either this, or you remove protectionism and encourage skilled and investment migration and become something like Vancouver - an apartment city, not bring in low skilled migrant workers, or selectively accepting only people of a specific belief.

Daysra, roxasnobody, mikeazfar liked this post
jimmykl2020 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 06:54 AM   #310
Kadzman

Likes (Received): 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykl2020 View Post
This is why you shouldn’t make the city centre a luxury-property-only area. Where are the regular Malaysians? We need something like HDB to bring people back into the city to live and work. This reduces congestion and concentrates people around transit, retail, and business districts.

Either this, or you remove protectionism and encourage skilled and investment migration and become something like Vancouver - an apartment city, not bring in low skilled migrant workers, or selectively accepting only people of a specific belief.
While I basically agree with your first paragraph, I do have issues with your second. Don't we have Malaysia 2nd home program? If you are talking of skilled migrants, well I have my university mate of "specific belief", who is married to a Malaysian while at university who still couldn't get citizenship after decades of marriage.

My niece married a professional of another country with the same "specific belief" but couldn't stay as for the same reason. My uncle's wife, a retired teaching professional had to go back to her country when my uncle died and after when she's considered too old to teach. Being childless, she saw no more reason to stay as someone who couldn't vote etc. Oh yes, she's of a "specific belief".

Of course it sucks, but don't generalise it as due to specific belief only.
Kadzman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 09:53 AM   #311
CxIxMaN
In the brig

Likes (Received): 1254

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykl2020 View Post

I really hope future place like Bandar Malaysia will have more affordable accomodation not ultra luxury

weis23, roxasnobody liked this post
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2019, 07:45 PM   #312
jimmykl2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadzman View Post
While I basically agree with your first paragraph, I do have issues with your second. Don't we have Malaysia 2nd home program? If you are talking of skilled migrants, well I have my university mate of "specific belief", who is married to a Malaysian while at university who still couldn't get citizenship after decades of marriage.

My niece married a professional of another country with the same "specific belief" but couldn't stay as for the same reason. My uncle's wife, a retired teaching professional had to go back to her country when my uncle died and after when she's considered too old to teach. Being childless, she saw no more reason to stay as someone who couldn't vote etc. Oh yes, she's of a "specific belief".

Of course it sucks, but don't generalise it as due to specific belief only.
Your comment is contradictory.

You obviously think is it wrong to discriminate against certain groups of people/shunning their opportunity to be normalized as citizens, as with what your family members experienced overseas (I, too, disagree with such policies because it is unfair towards certain groups of people). But it's the same in Malaysia, just that here, it's reversed because that certain group of people are protected, but then the govt shuns other groups of people, and on a worse scale - and in this case you think it's OK?

MM2H gives you 10 years of living rights and that's it - no more after that. We aren't offering permanent residency or citizenship to those who bring money in rather than taking it. Why would you take working-class migrants from our neighbors who will likely pay lower taxes and use more public funding, rather than inviting those who will bring foreign money in to pay Malaysian taxes?

The east asians, particularly the Chinese, were some of the largest net exporters of middle to high skilled migrants over the last decade. Many who were less well-off were interested in Malaysia too, but gave up because they knew policies would be against them, and they will never become Malaysian citizens. Now they've caught up in quality of life, and we are no longer relevant.

The previous governments took an economic policy that is the complete opposite of meritocracy seemingly to protect the rights of certain groups but actually only hindered competitiveness in these people, making them reliant on the government that did nothing to empower them - it's sad, because it was never about race or religion, but selfish, greedy, corrupt leaders who played raced and religion to their own benefits. This opaque, bureaucratic system made Malaysia a less-than-ideal investment destination - because people aren't sure if their rights will be protected in country so lawless compared to other choices.

Look at all the transparent, meritocratic, efficient and pro-migration cities - Singapore, Sydney, San Francisco - all exceedingly expensive and come with their own sets of cons, but are bringing in so much prosperity, eventually benefiting those elsewhere in the country.

I've strayed too far - but to be fair government policies have EVERYTHING to do with developments and subsequently - skyscrapers, so i feel it's a fair discussion.

Last edited by jimmykl2020; April 15th, 2019 at 07:51 PM.
Old April 15th, 2019, 07:49 PM   #313
jimmykl2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxIxMaN View Post
I really hope future place like Bandar Malaysia will have more affordable accomodation not ultra luxury

Yeah, just saw this YouTube video about Dubai - which is quite like the situation in KL - blocks of skyscrapers are all cordoned off each other by walls and parking lots, you can't walk in between these buildings, there's nothing on the ground floor, no shops, no real life in KL city. Inaccessible by foot also..no city plan at all
Old April 17th, 2019, 06:58 PM   #314
nazrey

Old May 18th, 2019, 04:45 AM   #315
nazrey

Kuala Lumpur by Wendy Kmn, on Flickr
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!

Munwon, World 2 World, krlx, Raffy89 liked this post

Last edited by nazrey; May 18th, 2019 at 04:57 AM.
Old May 18th, 2019, 08:53 AM   #316
krlx

Likes (Received): 1198

They start to put the glass cladding
krlx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2019, 10:23 PM   #317
lun_calvin

Likes (Received): 23

72floors but how many meter in height?
Over 300meter or not? Tq
lun_calvin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2019, 03:05 PM   #318
nazrey

Img683336nxi_conv by veryamateurish, on Flickr
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!

Munwon liked this post
Old June 4th, 2019, 06:25 PM   #319
nazrey

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX72FwjndSR/

Munwon, World 2 World, Raffy89 liked this post
Old June 7th, 2019, 03:36 AM   #320
Daysra

Likes (Received): 221

this is taller than Banyan tree? Crazy
Daysra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement