Why was I banned / brigged / given an infraction - Page 74 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > About the forums

About the forums » Testing | Archive

Old January 8th, 2020, 03:56 PM   #1461
Kelli
Environmental Busybody

Likes (Received): 10453

Thanks for replying. Sometimes I was trying to quote others, but I did try a straight comment as well. It's only in that thread. Other people are posting. I guess I just wait a while like when it happened last time.
Kelli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2020, 05:56 PM   #1462
joshsam
JR

Likes (Received): 7313

Quote:
Originally Posted by said1234 View Post
Most of those infractions haven't been given for real and legit lack of respect toward the rules ! Infact a lot of members in this forum are also complaining about getting infractions for such silly and petty things.

Like I said, my very last infraction (which resulted into being temporarily banned for 10 days) was given just for replying to a user telling him that his post toward me was ridiculous, I didn't even insulted the said user.

I looked into your infractions and posting and indeed i couldn't find much against the forum rules. I did found some city bashing.

I talked to abdeka and asked him to give some word with the infractions.
Basically he told me that you are a very negative member always negatively critizing things, or baiting other members into replying on your posts by being overly harsh, picking unnecessary fights. I then went back to your posting and read over them again and it does seem he is right.

Despite the fact that your are not clearly breaking forum rules in most of the cases there are other things moderators will take into account and one of those things are general behavior. SO basically your are being punished for you general behavior in the the Algerian forums.

The reason given for the infractions " inappropriate language" is disputable, I would considdder it "wrong attitude". That doesn't take away though that the infraction system on this forum is meant to make people realise their behavior in the hope it will change for the better for sake of the forum community overall.
The ban was triggered by the point system we have in place. The points of the earlier infractions weren't expired yet thus the system automatically banned you.

I can understand if you find this harsh moderation - but a moderator will do what he/she has to do to keep his/her forum a good place and enjoyable for every member. That probably means you will have to change your attitude in the long run.

I can only hope that in the future you will be more constructive instead of destructive.

All the best

Joshsam

RyukyuRhymer, A Chicagoan liked this post

Last edited by joshsam; January 8th, 2020 at 07:01 PM.
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2020, 07:49 PM   #1463
Fabricio JF
BANNED

Hi,

I'm coming back here because I'm still being stalked and intimidated by moderator RyukyuRhymer again, even after ignoring him and just expressing my opinions within the rules, I didn't attack anyone, he always finds a way to harrass me.

Now he has clicked a like on an unacceptable post for a forum environment in which there is an ad hominem attack. And from there began the lynching and disrespect that is clearly intended to give me unjust punishments.

For God's sake does anyone see this?

Please, I beg some supermoderator or someone to see if it is possible to punish this moderator so that he understands that I have the right to have my opinions, respecting the forum rules and without being harrassed. Maybe thus he will stop. It is already clear that he has something personal against me and I can't feel good participating in such an environment.

I have the right to have my opinion on the subject of climate change and I already asked Jan, copying pvt messages to the moderators to stop this moderator stalking me! The last action was to report him here after an unfair punishment on another thread where I expressed my opinion within the rules and he punctuated me with an infraction that will never expire. The posts have been deleted, but almost all moderators are aware.

The same moderator floods the Skybar main page creating threads that I have no interest in participating in, because I do not want and I have this right and I also almost always disagree with his views and I post in threads without interacting with him showing my opinions within the forum rules.

Sorry for the outburst, but I can't take it anymore. I have no other way to defend myself but this one for now. Someone stop him or give me assurances that he is forbidden to moderate me, leaving this function only to the older Skybar moderators.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showp...&postcount=330
Fabricio JF no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2020, 07:53 PM   #1464
Yellow Fever
A Touch of Grey

Likes (Received): 79986

That post was written by another member tho and has nothing to do with RR. If you really strongly think you can't stand him anymore, you should either ignore his or whoever comments thats upsetting you or forget posting in skybar altogether.

Last edited by Yellow Fever; January 11th, 2020 at 07:58 PM.
Yellow Fever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2020, 07:55 PM   #1465
Fabricio JF
BANNED

He clicked like on a post with an ad hominem attack on me in which I was offended as stupid. Then I started to be lynched.
Old January 11th, 2020, 08:01 PM   #1466
Yellow Fever
A Touch of Grey

There are other members gave that post like too, he isn't the only one, please don't take these things too serious and personal, its only a chatting site.
Old January 11th, 2020, 08:04 PM   #1467
Fabricio JF
BANNED

He was one of the first to click like and clearly because he is a moderator, intimidates me to be able to respond to other forumers posts. But I will follow your advice. Stay tuned. I will always be ignoring him and anyone on his side acting in groups against me.
Old January 11th, 2020, 08:09 PM   #1468
Yellow Fever
A Touch of Grey

You really dislike him, don't you? Lol

I honestly don't think anyone including Jan can do anything about it, we don't remove mod off duty just because he clicked like on someone posts which you found offensive, sorry.
Old January 11th, 2020, 08:15 PM   #1469
Fabricio JF
BANNED

I'll respect the moderation decisions you know about me and keep abiding by the subforum rules.

It would be nice if we could all get along, but of course there are differences of opinion I have changed as much as possible to minimize conflicts due to differing opinions:

-I no longer participate in In The News
-I don't show my likes score anymore
-No more reporting on posts
-I don't click likes against people I disagree with
-I don't click likes anymore
-I don't create more threads on Skybar

And other measures aimed at mitigating the negative effect that can exist in dealing with contrary opinions and differences of thought.

Side note: It may seem like I don't like him, but I am doing my best to prevent him from getting into a situation where I get eliminated from the forum unfairly.

Last edited by Fabricio JF; January 11th, 2020 at 08:35 PM.
Old January 12th, 2020, 05:03 AM   #1470
Yellow Fever
A Touch of Grey

I agree you've done all that and you're not a trouble maker but please realize not all people would get along with everyone all the time, there is always some disagreements and arguments between us and thats completely normal, some might not like the others posting style, the way they comment or simply they don't share the same view on some issues, and because this is a public forum and as long as their comments don't break the rules, everyone has the freedom to express what they want and whom they give the likes to. If their within the forum rules comments annoy you, like what we usually suggest to the members to use the ignore button or take some days off from skybar, I do it myself sometimes to cool down for what we call the "Out of sight, out of mind".
Old January 12th, 2020, 06:27 AM   #1471
RyukyuRhymer
普通モデレーター Moderator

Likes (Received): 9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricio JF View Post
Hi,

I'm coming back here because I'm still being stalked and intimidated by moderator RyukyuRhymer again, even after ignoring him and just expressing my opinions within the rules, I didn't attack anyone, he always finds a way to harrass me.

Now he has clicked a like on an unacceptable post for a forum environment in which there is an ad hominem attack. And from there began the lynching and disrespect that is clearly intended to give me unjust punishments.

Please, I beg some supermoderator or someone to see if it is possible to punish this moderator so that he understands that I have the right to have my opinions, respecting the forum rules and without being harrassed. Maybe thus he will stop. It is already clear that he has something personal against me and I can't feel good participating in such an environment.

I have the right to have my opinion on the subject of climate change and I already asked Jan, copying pvt messages to the moderators to stop this moderator stalking me! The last action was to report him here after an unfair punishment on another thread where I expressed my opinion within the rules and he punctuated me with an infraction that will never expire. The posts have been deleted, but almost all moderators are aware.

The same moderator floods the Skybar main page creating threads that I have no interest in participating in, because I do not want and I have this right and I also almost always disagree with his views and I post in threads without interacting with him showing my opinions within the forum rules.

Sorry for the outburst, but I can't take it anymore. I have no other way to defend myself but this one for now. Someone stop him or give me assurances that he is forbidden to moderate me, leaving this function only to the older Skybar moderators.

sorry the one who is doing harassing is you.
You've created a lot of lies, and have broken many rules in the past
You should have been banned some time ago, but I was too lenient with you and let you go with lesser.
You clearly don't understand the meaning of stalking
and you take things way too personally and seek to politicize everything.

this all started from a very polite infraction message
Quote:
Sorry, I don't like to do this as I think you've made some efforts to behave since returning from your ban.

However we had received a lot of reports about your comments on Brazil all over Skybar, but especially in the Cape Town and Rio thread.
Yellow Fever even requested that these are fun threads and to relax
but you kept going on about shootings and ignoring his post.

I had let you slide but unfortunately I have to give you an infraction.
Cats Thread
Dogs Thread

redcode liked this post

Last edited by RyukyuRhymer; January 12th, 2020 at 06:33 AM.
RyukyuRhymer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2020, 12:58 AM   #1472
cydevil
Faith of the Heart

Likes (Received): 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricio JF View Post
Hi,

First, I'd like to make myself clear that this post is not about the issue of infractions given to you, but rather the post you made about people's opinions on climate change. To make things clear, I am myself opposed to concerns on climate change. I think the ultimate goal of humanity is to expand further into space rather than clinging to Earth. And humanity should adapt to climate change through technological and industrial efforts. If the sea level rises, build walls to prevent seawater from flooding urban areas or adopt architecture to be able to accommodate underwater environments in the lower levels. And the fundamental solution is to colonize other planetary bodies and moons of the solar system and beyond. Climate change is inevitable and unavoidable, well beyond human control, unless we can master the natural process that is not in the minds of many, such as volcanism.

To get to the point, you have expressed your opinion that only those who have doctorate-level expertise on climate change are entitled to opinions on climate change. I strongly disagree with such an opinion. While such specific expertise on the subject of climate change should be given its due, the opinion of others should also be given some merit, or at least be tolerated. This is especially true for those who have a doctorate or a masters degree in other subjects, as they have more advanced knowledge of the scientific process itself. As in my case, I am strongly opinionated on various subjects beyond the field of my doctorate degree, but I nonetheless strive to read and try to understand academic publications on such subjects. And I believe that many of those that have an interest in specific issues, such as climate change, do their share of reading and information collection. And even for those who have little understanding of the scientific process, their opinion should at least be tolerated in respect to their effort to understand the subject better, and not be outright dismissed because they don't have a Ph.D in the subject concerned. The only exception is those who are absolutely ignorant and display a glaring level of ignorance, as was the case of a certain individual who believed China was some benevolent power that has never infringed upon sovereignty of others and was never involved in any wars where they inflicted massive destruction by global standards.

The most important principle here, I believe, is not to dismiss the opinion of others based on their educational status. This is an elitist social value that contradicts liberalism and democracy and is a characteristic of totalitarian societies, where the educated elite believe they know better in all things and ignore the demands and needs of the general public. Not that the other extreme end of the sociopolitical spectrum, populism, is appropriate.

To be said though, jts1882's use of the term "Ph.D in Stupidity" was insensitive and offensive, and the member could have been more subtle in this criticism, and I myself would have reported this inappropriate behavior were it made against me.

Last edited by cydevil; January 14th, 2020 at 01:16 AM.
cydevil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement