Indian History - A journey of rediscovery and redemption - Page 27 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > History, Heritage and Period Architecture Discussions > Heritage Buildings & Monuments

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 25th, 2019, 07:41 PM   #521
Hammy007.

Likes (Received): 185

dont really understand why history for general indian populace is limited to dates of vedas, texts ranging from 10,000 BC to 6000 BC and proving aryan migration as false.

Lots of areas need attention, which has been marred with lack of interest and bias and not much real research such as economy, statecraft, banking, arts, culture, society, architecture, cuisine, bureaucracy, technology, inventions, laws, legal system, agriculture etc

regards
Hammy007. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2019, 05:46 AM   #522
barrykul

Likes (Received): 1978

Found this Tata Institute of Fundamental Research paper on Calculations of tithis: An Extension of Surya Sidhanta formulation

Also the period of nakshatras

Here are the numbers of Surya Siddhanta and Modern Science

Item SS MS
Solar Month 30.438229707 30.438030
Lunar Month 29.530587946 29.530588
Lunar Year 354.36705535 354.367056

That is called precision.
"What advances a nation or a community is not so much to prop up its weakest and most helpless members, but to lift up the best and the most gifted, so as to make them of the greatest service to the country" - Shri Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata

Last edited by barrykul; October 26th, 2019 at 07:27 AM.
barrykul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2019, 04:11 PM   #523
satchitananda

Likes (Received): 2691

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrykul View Post
I watched the video you posted and J. Saranathan does not convince me about her thesis. Maybe you can explain observational astronomy. The software does predict A before V during roughly 4400 BC to 10000BC.
The Q fact is Vyasa talking of this epoch, per Oak's misinterpretation. A nimitta or omen is always short lived, not like that of AV epoch.

For example Sita has her left or right side eye twitching depending on her situation. If a person's eyes are permanently twitching like a nervous problem, it wont be a nimitta.

If A was always walking ahead of V for an epoch, it wont be a big deal at all to factor.

Most of the ppl seem to be lost in her embellishment (patnidharma of A) rather than the astronomical charts for the Oak's day she has reproduced.

Will let her thesis defend herself, but Oak's theory has no legs, just like he chops Shabda off of Patanjali's YS, does that make him bigger than Patanjali to critique. That's why i said Oak is more dangerous than Devdutt as more dominoes are intentionally set to roll.
satchitananda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2019, 07:58 PM   #524
barrykul

Likes (Received): 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchitananda View Post
A nimitta or omen is always short lived, not like that of AV epoch.

If A was always walking ahead of V for an epoch, it wont be a big deal at all to factor.
N. Oak has taken all 300+ astronomical references in MBH and has come up with a possible date for MBH. J. Saranathan has gone off on a tangent with ‘nimitta’ and written a whole book claiming a wrong assumption. Even if the assumption were wrong how do you validate all 300+ references correctly? We can fill the entire Indian History library with books refuting all the work of MuleEars/Whitzeels/assorted authors on their brainfarts.

N. Oak may have used A before V as a stumbling point in discovery, but has shown that the 300+ references do tally. Moreover he provides corroboration in other wide-ranging fields. J. Saranathan only alludes to some meteor striking Australia on the other side of the hemisphere. Her date of 3100+BC is incorrect as M. Vinod has shown via Puranas to be around 4000+BC. She also avoids the 300+ references. Also N. Oak clearly states that he would love to be proven incorrect if shown facts that refute him. The facts being astronomical and correlations from other disciplines - hydrology, oceanography, etc. The single point agenda is really a plausible date for MBH all other factors though interesting is not relevant.

The rest of your ranting makes no sense when you consider the topic: “Dates for MBH” and BTW I don’t follow Devdutt dude.
"What advances a nation or a community is not so much to prop up its weakest and most helpless members, but to lift up the best and the most gifted, so as to make them of the greatest service to the country" - Shri Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata

skganji liked this post
barrykul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2019, 02:38 PM   #525
satchitananda

Likes (Received): 2691

300+ proofs validated? interesting.. i can bet that neither you nor I did validate. So using his validation based on his interpretation is not the sole proof.

Secondly I brought the issue of his deliberate twisted Bhishma dating which is at the core. SO all the traditional dates, including the internal dating by Krishna (58) and Bhishma (56, using another calendar scheme) are not correct, but the infinite wisdom of Oak is, who is using their statements only to validate.

On top of that he has the audacity to say Shabda has no praman.

When given a choice btwn bombastic science interpolations and shastras, the choice of most hindus is the former. At the hands of a half baked interpreter (he is not even a sanskrit scholar, uses only translations) such pseudo transformations are at best dangerous. You are just giving a live demo.

It is not that he is giving the truth, its only an interpretation. I will let time respond to you and when you realize you can respond.
satchitananda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2019, 06:00 PM   #526
Hammy007.

Likes (Received): 185

an art piece depicting a chariot pulled by four horses has appeared from a private art collection in hong kong. The piece was ''bought'' from nepal, but the collector suspected its antiquity, turns out its between 1600 to 300 BC, probably from 1000-1500 BC.
Hammy007. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement