Akili Tower | Upper Hill | 30 fl | Site Prep - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Nairobi Metro Region

Nairobi Metro Region Projects and construction in the Nairobi Metropolitan Region

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 8th, 2019, 08:00 PM   #121
brian the real story

Likes (Received): 1762

Are you even serious asking that!?Unachoma Baba.LMAO!...Anyway,let's keep it Akili [email protected],Asante for the Updates
Advertisement

Old August 8th, 2019, 09:21 PM   #122
Kijanamwafrika

Likes (Received): 723

Quote:
Originally Posted by abckris View Post
Got it. Do you all have it? And what's wrong with being alarmist? That's just a label. The truth matters more. Fact is, I don't have it and no one here has it. I am just stating that I doubt the legitimacy of the ownership. If I had the means I'd go to court to require it to be produced for all to see in the interest of the public and that of the freedom of information, and then a judge would order it be seen. I shall not be bullied here, for writing what's on my mind. I have a right to question suspect things.
Just saying it would not stand in a court of law.It is hearsay.If you make a claim be ready to produce evidence not make a serious accusation then look for evidence later

Kenya Patriot liked this post
Kijanamwafrika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2019, 10:25 PM   #123
abckris

Likes (Received): 2331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijanamwafrika View Post
Just saying it would not stand in a court of law.It is hearsay.If you make a claim be ready to produce evidence not make a serious accusation then look for evidence later
No brother, I think I would win this case, if I had the means. Heresay is only inadmissible if it is submitted as evidence. In this case I would be seeking information/facts about the ownership of this specific piece of land as recorded in the national land registry.

The right to information/facts is provided under the Constitution's Article 35:

35. Access to information
1. Every citizen has the right of access to-

>>Right to information
a). information held by the State; and
b). information held by another person and required for the exercise or protection of any right or fundamental freedom.

The accompanying law that operationalizes this article 35 "ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT, 2016" can be found here.

Information here refers to "public record". "Public record" includes any record in written or any other form containing information relating to the conduct of the public entity's business, prepared, owned, used or retained by a public entity regardless of physical form or characteristics;

According to the Act:

4. Right to information
(1) Subject to this Act and any other written law, every citizen has the right of access to information held by—
(a) the State; and
(b) another person and where that information is required for the exercise
or protection of any right or fundamental freedom.
(2) Subject to this Act, every citizen's right to access information is not affected by—
(a) any reason the person gives for seeking access; or
(b) the public entity's belief as to what are the person's reasons for seeking access.
(3) Access to information held by a public entity or a private body shall be
provided expeditiously at a reasonable cost.
(4) This Act shall be interpreted and applied on the basis of a duty to disclose
and non-disclosure shall be permitted only in circumstances exempted under
section 6.
(5) Nothing in this Act shall limit the requirement imposed under this Act or any other written law on a public entity or a private body to disclose information.

There are the facts. Anyone can seek ownership information about land ownership and it shall be provided expeditiously by the public entity holding that information.
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2019, 06:25 AM   #124
Mist™
Mist™

Likes (Received): 313

Sawa basi. Lets get back to the topic.
Mist™ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement