Last tour on the Skywave.Version 1 that is - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > East Asia > Japan Forum 日本フォーラム > Skylines & Photography / スカイラインと写真

Skylines & Photography / スカイラインと写真 Pictures & Video of Japan / 都市の景観・自然 写真とビデオ

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 4th, 2004, 05:12 PM   #1
Nick
Gosford/Sydney.

Likes (Received): 66

Last tour on the Skywave.Version 1 that is

Here are the photos from my last tour on my Skywave 250cc.I traded it in on the weekend for a more powerful 400cc model.I enjoyed the power and touring from it but its preformance in the 100-130km/h range was just a little too lacking.Time to upgrade to the next level.

My new bike is going to be jet black.It will look almost idenitical to the white one.Only with a bigger engine,stronger frame and better suspenison.Next week im going to christen it by taking a week off and heading up to the far reaches of northern Japan.The tohoku area of Nigata,Akita,Amori and other places.

On this tour you are about to see where I was invited to stay for free,in this great beachside hotel.Just magic.The beach is located about 200km North of Osaka on the Japan sea.I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Captions read from the top of the photo.

Here is the skywave parked in the parking area of the hotel.I will miss this bike.It just looks so F**king cool.

The hotel.My room was in the left building,on the top floor.Great room and great view.Although I didnt like the airconditioner going in my ear while i was realaxing on the balcony.You cant complain when its free.

View of the beach.Not bad for Japan

Being so far away from Osaka there arent too many people sitting around.The weather got a little dicey in the afternoon which probably caused a few to leave early.

The hotel again.To the right of the taller building.

Hey 'chesty' Surfs up!

Surfing with the Handy Cam.Only in Japan

Hey little fella.

Japanese surf chicks doing their makeup on the beach.Ahhhh only in Japan

I love this picture.Good angles and subject.Fishing is a very popular sport in Japan.It makes sense.Most people live within 1 hour of the coast or 10mins from a river.

Cast away.Out into the roar of the Japan sea.

Another great shot.The ladies enjoying their retirement

Surfers heading home.Look closely at the sand.In pockets,not the whole beach,you do find alot of rubbish on Japanese beaches.This is mild compared to some ive seen in some of my other travels.The goverment is cleaning up the coastline bit by bit.They plan to have all the beaches clean by 2010 and are spening millions on doing it.Tottori,the last tour I went on,was totaly clean from this programe.

Surf's up dude

Just one of the sleepy streets in the town I was staying in.

Hmmm.I do too.Especially when the hotel is free.

The people in this hotel were just lovely.They wouldnt let me pay.I pleaded them to let me give them something.I ended up paying for the 9 course seafood banquet which they also didnt want me to pay for.Here is the view from my own personal balcony

The weather really went sour in the evening,missing what the beach I went to was famous for.Its sunsets over the sea.Next time

Here are just some of the dishes I ate in their restaurant.These pictures are from hotel's website.

If you are interested.Here is the website address if any of you live near the Japan sea in and around Toyooka,Tango or Tottori

http://www.honjinsuigetsu.com/

Last edited by Nick; August 5th, 2004 at 04:16 PM.
Nick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 4th, 2004, 11:35 PM   #2
maxxam80

Likes (Received): 3

Great photos there Nick

Next week im going to christen it by taking a week off and heading up to the far reaches of northern Japan.The tohoku area of Nigata,Akita,Amori and other places.

This is great news

is it possiable to post some urban/city streetscapes of the northern Japan cities, (I love northern Japanese cities the most)

thank you

and once again lovely photos
maxxam80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2004, 06:14 AM   #3
Nick
Gosford/Sydney.

I certainly will.
The area Im going to be touring in will be on the Japan sea side.There arent too many cities in that area.Nigata and Akita being the biggest in the region.
Advertisement

Old August 5th, 2004, 03:34 PM   #4
Vapour

Likes (Received): 43

Nick, stop teasing us

I really appreciate these laidback beach pics, especially now I'm staying in a overcrowded Spanish south coast resort I always enjoy your ensoku Nick

Perfect picture.
Old August 5th, 2004, 04:18 PM   #5
Nick
Gosford/Sydney.

Yeah.Its amazing country Japan.Tokyo has about the same population of Spain.Yet there are so many areas in Japan that are virtually unpopulated
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: