LONDON - Stamford Bridge (41,631 -> 60,000) - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Proposed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 20th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #101
RMB2007

Likes (Received): 23258

Old September 6th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #102
That London Fella

Likes (Received): 26

Ok so i'm a chelsea fan and don't want to leave stamford bridge but if we have to move we have to move, but... i have some questions, so lets use the pciture above to help answer them

1. East stand, i know this cannot be altered in any way due to the proximity of the railway line so forget that.

2. What is the possibility of building a bridge/walkway over to the cemetary, i mean i walk through there and half the graves are over grown despite the fact they are important historical figures. i'm sure some fencing could be erected to 'protect them from the fans'.
or over the line behind the east stand towards west brompton to the north? or building a bridge over the district line railway behind the Matt harding stand subsequently knocking down chelsea world of sport to create more space around the stadium or is this not possible because the road behind is 'private'.

3. What about buying some buildings in front of the shed, knocking them down creating more space for the fans allowing the capacity to increase.

4. Doubt the west stand will be altered any time soon if the club do stay there.

I know i'm clutching at straws especially because the local council and residents are such ********* and want chelsea out of the area even though the club have been there longer than all of them. I just would hate to see chelsea playing at a souless arena like bayern munich or arsenals ground
That London Fella no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #103
Bigcat

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB2007 View Post
I can see my seat in this picture

djuran liked this post
Bigcat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #104
Laurence2011
Currywurst king

Likes (Received): 243

Major seat fadage these days, amongst other things, I'm guessing any kind of renovations are off the cards if a future move is still on the table ?
Old September 9th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #105
DimitriB

Likes (Received): 80

Can't they rebuild Matthew Harding Stand - The Shed End and the East Stand like the West Stand or is there not enough room?
I don't know what building it is behind The Shed stand, but it has to be taken down.
I think that for The East Stand and The Matthew Harding Stand there will not be a problem. Maybe the Railway, but if you see the curve/space of the West Stand, I think it's possible.
DimitriB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #106
RMB2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitriB View Post
Can't they rebuild Matthew Harding Stand - The Shed End and the East Stand like the West Stand or is there not enough room?
I don't know what building it is behind The Shed stand, but it has to be taken down.
I think that for The East Stand and The Matthew Harding Stand there will not be a problem. Maybe the Railway, but if you see the curve/space of the West Stand, I think it's possible.
Hotels and apartments. I think the former owner even owns one of the penthouses.
RMB2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #107
DimitriB

Likes (Received): 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB2007 View Post
Hotels and apartments. I think the former owner even owns one of the penthouses.
Who is the owner of the hotels and apartments exept for the former owner.
If the rest is owned by the Chelsea itself then I could be taken down to rebuild the Shed Stand like the West Stand.
If it's not, the could by all the owner out and than rebuild.
DimitriB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #108
Immunda Leodis

Likes (Received): 205

Google 'Ken Bates' and you'll understand why Chelsea wouldn't want to enter negotiations with him about buying out Chelsea Village property owners.

If I posted my true thoughts on Bates I'd almost certainly be banned and possibly dragged through the courts by the litigious cretin!
Immunda Leodis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #109
Bigcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitriB View Post
Sadly space isn't the biggest issue. It is exits, currently everyone flows out onto Fulham Road. There simply isn't enough space or exits for more people to leave the ground with current safety standards. Apprently if the ground were to be built the same, from scratch today, many parts wouldn't be allowed as stadium rules and regs have changed so much and become far more strict.

Also the cost of extending, demolishing hotels and building walkways/bridges et al makes the cost per new seat far too high to be viable, I can't remember the exact figure but it is hidden in a thread somewhere. The club did a full feasibility study last year or the year before with all the workings and numbers.

Tis a shame, 55k+ at the site would be lovely after all
Old September 10th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #110
RMB2007

Old September 10th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #111
Bigcat

Great thanks RMB, £177m just to add 8,000 seats is crazy. You could buy two Bale's for that......
Old October 23rd, 2013, 03:30 PM   #112
varun.catalan

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
Great thanks RMB, £177m just to add 8,000 seats is crazy. You could buy two Bale's for that......
What if Chelsea make two tiers of executive boxes in the new/reconstructed stand . in that way , although although net capacity increase will be low but they can significantly increase match day revenues as executive seats/boxes are in demand in London ( the 'Arsenal Example ' ) . M sure something is cooking in the background regarding Chelsea's stadium issue . Roman must be planning something
varun.catalan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2014, 11:47 PM   #113
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 2944

Saw this one for the first time

http://www.chelseafc.com/fullwidth-a...rticle/2629432

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (2): 2009, 2018

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (2): 2017, 2018
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014

Leedsrule liked this post
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2014, 03:15 AM   #114
Laurence2011
Currywurst king

Likes (Received): 243

They really need to start looking for a site, expansion at Stamford bridge just isn't gonna happen
Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:28 AM   #115
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 1014

There's a little catch, however: Should the Chelsea Football Club ever move from Stamford Bridge, the club would have to relinquish the name "Chelsea Football Club", according to the Chelsea Pitch Owners' articles of association.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:58 AM   #116
BeestonLad
PQS

Likes (Received): 902

Well then just rename themselves FC Chelsea. Stupid things like that should not be allowed to hold up future development.
BeestonLad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2014, 11:16 AM   #117
mckeenan

Likes (Received): 694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence2011 View Post
They really need to start looking for a site, expansion at Stamford bridge just isn't gonna happen
I really like Stamford Bridge. I think part of Chelsea's charm is related to be located almost at the heart of London. Although Arsenal and Spurs (among others) are londoners too, I've always seen Chelsea as the "most londoner". But, admittedly, there's no room for the expansion that Chelsea fans deserves. The only possibility for doing a nice redevelopment is to lay underground the railway.
mckeenan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2014, 07:26 PM   #118
RFSK
The Fixer

Likes (Received): 2250

With The Money Roman has in his pocked, Can't he move into the Wembley (joint ownership) and Rename the Club 'London Blues FC'?
Old January 22nd, 2014, 07:50 PM   #119
RMB2007

The club screwed themselves by failing to submit the highest bid for the Battersea Power Station site. There's still some debate over the redevelopment of Earls Court, but that seems a long shot.

http://www.itv.com/news/london/updat...-plan-rethink/
Old January 22nd, 2014, 07:53 PM   #120
JimB

Likes (Received): 7450

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckeenan View Post
I really like Stamford Bridge. I think part of Chelsea's charm is related to be located almost at the heart of London. Although Arsenal and Spurs (among others) are londoners too, I've always seen Chelsea as the "most londoner". But, admittedly, there's no room for the expansion that Chelsea fans deserves. The only possibility for doing a nice redevelopment is to lay underground the railway.
JimB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
london, stadiums