California the best? - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West

West Coast and Interior West CA, OR, WA, HI, AK, AZ, NM, NV, UT, CO, WY, MT, ID, BC
» Development News | Albuquerque | Las Vegas | Los Angeles | San Francisco Bay Area | Seattle

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 7th, 2010, 08:50 PM   #41
SRG

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Corey- View Post
Still.. I dont know about u guys, but when we stopped at Tucson, it looked so poor, i was like wow, is this AZ? :S
Phoenix is much nicer than Tucson, but it still has its bad parts. Next time your in AZ check out some of the cooler towns, like Flagstaff and Scottsdale.
Advertisement

Old June 9th, 2010, 04:47 AM   #42
dl3000

Likes (Received): 10

If you drive around southern California, 25% of the license plates you will see are from Arizona. If Arizona is so great why aren't they there?
Old June 9th, 2010, 05:02 AM   #43
SDfan

Likes (Received): 44

Advertisement

Old June 9th, 2010, 06:32 AM   #44
mongozx
Pipe Layer

Likes (Received): 9

mongozx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 08:50 AM   #45
foadi
oh my buddha

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl3000 View Post
If you drive around southern California, 25% of the license plates you will see are from Arizona. If Arizona is so great why aren't they there?
actually you'll see A LOT more from nevada than from arizona. nevada plates are the plates of choice for californian tax avoiders like myself. if someone has nevada plates in california, 95% chance they actually live in california. if they have arizona plates, 95% chance they are just visiting.
foadi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #46
just4ivaylo

Likes (Received): 87

Lol, just to clear things up a bit.

I think the West Coast is the best coast. Haha, can we agree?
just4ivaylo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 10:13 PM   #47
-Corey-
Je suis tout Ó vous

Likes (Received): 5329

Yeah, just move NYC to the West Coast, and it would be perfect xD.

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 12:20 AM   #48
cachen

Likes (Received): 2

since i come from outside north america, i am more qualified to comment than most of these goons.

california: sucks. sucks completely and horridly. crowded, dirty, crime ridden. and the waters cold.

arizona: some of you tools need to educate yourself on the law. i know its hip to be an uninformed, reactionary, outraged lockstep democrat on these forums.

but theres a reason even the lawsuit obama/holder are bringing mentions NOTHING of racism or profiling. gee, i wonder why that would be, after theyve stamped their feet about racism for 3 whole months.

maybe its because they realized "oh shit, theres nothing racist about this bill, but we'd look stupid if we backed down, so lets evoke supremacy clause instead!"

lefantome: californians are some of the shallowest, fakest, most illiterate and arrogant people you will ever meet. they ARE the stereotypical ignorant dumbass americans. (hollywood, anyone?) there is a reason they are DESPISED in hawaii, washington, oregon, idaho, montana, arizona, colorado, and nevada, you know.

now, lets hear some wiseass come in here claiming im just jealous because hawaii is a hole compared to CA.
cachen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #49
dleung
BANNED

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachen View Post
since i come from outside north america, i am more qualified to comment than most of these goons.
Most people claiming to have more "qualified" opinions are a bit more subtle with their ranting, lol.

IMO California, per square foot, is the best place in both USA and Canada. It has everything, minus Manhattan.
dleung no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:14 AM   #50
GTR22
お好み焼き!

Likes (Received): 1

Hawaii may be like a paradise, but paying extra for everything because it has to be shipped, doesn't make it the best place to live. Enjoy your $5 for a gallon of milk.
Old July 13th, 2010, 01:36 AM   #51
dl3000

Wow, cachen, I think I speak for CA when I say we're glad that you aren't here.
Old July 13th, 2010, 02:10 AM   #52
JoshuaSantos
thesanjoseblog.com

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:

california: sucks. sucks completely and horridly. crowded, dirty, crime ridden. and the waters cold.

arizona: some of you tools need to educate yourself on the law. i know its hip to be an uninformed, reactionary, outraged lockstep democrat on these forums.

but theres a reason even the lawsuit obama/holder are bringing mentions NOTHING of racism or profiling. gee, i wonder why that would be, after theyve stamped their feet about racism for 3 whole months.

maybe its because they realized "oh shit, theres nothing racist about this bill, but we'd look stupid if we backed down, so lets evoke supremacy clause instead!"

lefantome: californians are some of the shallowest, fakest, most illiterate and arrogant people you will ever meet. they ARE the stereotypical ignorant dumbass americans. (hollywood, anyone?) there is a reason they are DESPISED in hawaii, washington, oregon, idaho, montana, arizona, colorado, and nevada, you know.

now, lets hear some wiseass come in here claiming im just jealous because hawaii is a hole compared to CA.
I think its clear where the real ignorance is just by reading your post.
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:36 AM   #53
krudmonk
sucks

Likes (Received): 96

Hawaii would be Guam without Californian money.
krudmonk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 06:12 AM   #54
-Corey-
Je suis tout Ó vous

Likes (Received): 5329

Quote:

How ignorant from you, you just prove yourself that you dont know nothing about California!

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:16 PM   #55
arturo
Downtown San Jose

Likes (Received): 182

Dont live in California: it sucks!!! The food's too fresh, the wine too good, the heat too dry, the winter too mild, the coast to rustic, the trees too big, the snow too deep and the sunset too orangey-pinkish-purplish.

The longer Im away the more I appreciate the little things I used to overlook.

PS. AZ and NM are awesome states! Open spaces for days, which I love. I dont know if I could deal with the blistering summer heat but many people like that.
Old July 14th, 2010, 06:42 AM   #56
CityTrip

Likes (Received): 41

I think the guy from Honolulu must have had a bad experience in Cal. at some point in time. Oh well, maybe the next time things will be better for him.
CityTrip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 01:06 AM   #57
spencer114

Likes (Received): 446

CA has the most beautiful land in the USA but I wouldn't call it the best state.

There is nothing sadder than a place that doesn't have warm nights (I know places in the state do, but not many people live in those parts), frosty autumns and winter snows (and no, going into the mountains to see snow isn't the same as watching your neighborhood completely transformed by a blanket of it).

The sameness of the weather is enough to turn me off. There is nothing more exciting than rushing to the store to get supplies before a nor’easter or a hurricane or a blizzard. There is nothing more romantic then shuffling through orange, yellow and brown leaves on sidewalks on the first cold night of the season (the sharp smell of chimney smoke burning your nostrils). Nothing sweeter than watching the first buds appear on branches outside of your window. Nothing sexier than the sound of cicadas on a hot July night. Nothing more relaxing than swimming in an ocean that isn't trying to kill you (the Pacific hates bathers ).

That said, the natural beauty cannot be overstated. It is an amazing state with boundless beauty. I love it.
spencer114 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 07:10 AM   #58
CityTrip

Likes (Received): 41

I don't know if you have ever lived anywhere in California or not so I'll just respond to what I know. I do know that there are plenty of warm nights where I live, near San Francisco (northern California). I leave my windows open countless nights anywhere from April to November because the weather is nearly as perfect as you can ask for.

I never said this is the best state, but I don't think there is any other state that has as much to offer when it comes to places to go, things to see and the countless beauty that this state has to offer.
CityTrip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:24 AM   #59
dl3000

Ok warm nights are a given every summer in every major metro in the state. Granted it is an extreme rarity to see a neighborhood in any metro blanketed in snow (it can and has happened). The closest I saw was an accumulation of hail which had a pretty nice effect. But living in San Diego I always smell chimney smoke and yes there are native deciduous trees here, but now most of those are planted. Anyway, trees turn, weather changes, it's just the extent to which these things happen. And in the Bay Area the seasons are much more pronounced as one can imagine. I remember walking the streets of Berkeley among all the colorful trees with a brisk wind in the air with a temp of 40F (sure not freezing but it definitely isnt Spring or summer weather. The seasons are less noticeable than elsewhere but they are there.

Last edited by dl3000; July 16th, 2010 at 09:30 AM.
dl3000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #60
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

If I can get some words in I will definately say California is a great state to visit, but it seems that living there is another story especially taking account of the cost of living (specifically housing). When I look around it seems that alot of middle class Californians seem to leave the state since they cannot find any affordable housing, and relocate to Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Utah, Texas, Idaho, etc for a better quality of life.
diablo234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement