California the best? - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West

West Coast and Interior West CA, OR, WA, HI, AK, AZ, NM, NV, UT, CO, WY, MT, ID, BC
» Development News | Albuquerque | Las Vegas | Los Angeles | San Francisco Bay Area | Seattle

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 17th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #61
hannah_banana

Likes (Received): 108

I think California is a great state as well, but I wouldn't say it's the most beautiful. I prefer Hawaii, Washington, and Colorado for looks. Though CA is no slouch in beauty, I think every state has it's own beauty, so to me there really isn't much of a best state, but there are some pretty good ones.
hannah_banana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 17th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #62
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah_banana View Post
I think California is a great state as well, but I wouldn't say it's the most beautiful. I prefer Hawaii, Washington, and Colorado for looks. Though CA is no slouch in beauty, I think every state has it's own beauty, so to me there really isn't much of a best state, but there are some pretty good ones.
True there really is no such thing as an ugly state.
diablo234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 07:57 AM   #63
dl3000

Likes (Received): 10

Nobody has variety in geographic beauty like California though. Only thing missing really is tropical. Maybe not much tundra but a glacier counts for something.
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #64
Rocky031
Kontaš lega moj?

Likes (Received): 34034

I visited whole USA....well...I think east coast is better...
Rocky031 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #65
dl3000

No way? The whole USA? I'm not buying it.
Old July 20th, 2010, 08:18 AM   #66
Rocky031
Kontaš lega moj?

Ok i only didnt visit Arizona,Texas,Alaska,Hawaii....But still east coast is better....Its looks more like europe.....And im from Europe so i like it
Old July 20th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #67
dl3000

Really? You've been to everything else? That's quite a feat for traveling from Europe. I'm not challenging your opinion but I do think differently. For instance, I like Europe because it feels DIFFERENT than California. East coast seems dirtier. I think that's just a personal impression but lots of the older architecture out there can beat some of the buildings on the west coast that is for sure. Food is about the same for the most part for me.
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:01 AM   #68
Rocky031
Kontaš lega moj?

I have been in USA during Inedependence war here in Croatia...After Vukovar fallen on 18.11.1991 (croatian city) i was on my way to USA...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=055RF...ext=1&index=50 (its on french buy you dont have to read just look at it)
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:18 AM   #69
MDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl3000 View Post
Nobody has variety in geographic beauty like California though. Only thing missing really is tropical. Maybe not much tundra but a glacier counts for something.
Actually, I believe Hawaii is the most diverse state in the US in terms of biomes
MDguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:05 AM   #70
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Likes (Received): 168

Is California the best? To me it is. Hawaii is no doubt gorgeous, but the lifestyle is far too laid-back and modest for my taste. The East Coast has many of the things I love about California (i.e. diversity, culture, sports, etc.), but it feels like a whole new world over there. And I'm not exactly sold on the weather.

California is the perfect blend of the laid-back lifestyle of Hawaii and the cosmopolitanism of the East Coast cities.

fskobic liked this post
Westsidelife no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #71
Dydasko10
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife View Post
Is California the best? To me it is. Hawaii is no doubt gorgeous, but the lifestyle is far too laid-back and modest for my taste. The East Coast has many of the things I love about California (i.e. diversity, culture, sports, etc.), but it feels like a whole new world over there. And I'm not exactly sold on the weather.

California is the perfect blend of the laid-back lifestyle of Hawaii and the cosmopolitanism of the East Coast cities.
Dydasko10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:33 AM   #72
socrates#1fan

Likes (Received): 1329

It depends. There are many wonderful aspects of California, but I could never live there. Is California the best? Uh, no, but no state is. There are aspects of each region that are better than others. I come from the Midwest where we have a very different history, and though as Americans we share a common culture, there are things we Midwesterners have (culturally) that you don't find in California, also vice versa.

My idea of beautiful is thick woods filled with deer and wild turkeys, knowing that under my feet could have very easily been a revolutionary war battle.

"I don’t know what it is about Hoosiers, but wherever you go there is always a Hoosier doing something very important there."-Kurt Vonnegut

Last edited by socrates#1fan; August 5th, 2010 at 02:40 AM.
socrates#1fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #73
ARIEL-CX12

Likes (Received): 0

yeah!! California is the best state of America! su estilo de vida relajado, el rock, la cultura pop y todo eso.
eso lo vengo pensando desde hace mucho tiempo.

and Mindy Clarke(Julie Walker/Cooper)is the most very sexy and pretty californian girl forever lives .
i love she!
ARIEL-CX12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #74
-Corey-
Je suis tout ā vous

Likes (Received): 5325

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIEL-CX12 View Post
yeah!! California is the best state of America! su estilo de vida relajado, el rock, la cultura pop y todo eso.
eso lo vengo pensando desde hace mucho tiempo.

and Mindy Clarke(Julie Walker/Cooper)is the most very sexy and pretty californian girl forever lives .
i love her!
WHo's Mindy??

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #75
triodegradable
Buenos Aires-Argentina

Likes (Received): 2777

No se si es la mejor , pero que daria algo para ir a vivir ahi seguro !
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:13 AM   #76
mongozx
Pipe Layer

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
If I can get some words in I will definately say California is a great state to visit, but it seems that living there is another story especially taking account of the cost of living (specifically housing). When I look around it seems that alot of middle class Californians seem to leave the state since they cannot find any affordable housing, and relocate to Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Utah, Texas, Idaho, etc for CHEAPER HOUSING. Not much else.
Fixed it for you. There's a reason why it's a lot more expensive in CA. Lower crime rates than most of those states, the world's best higher educational system, the best weather in the world and the scenery is hard to beat. I mean, seriously, California has Big Sur, Wine Country, Yosemite, the Sequoias, the Sierra Mountains to name only a few natural treasures. Mt Whitney and Death Valley are right next to each other. How ****** cool is that?

Now add the man-made stuff: true cosmopolitan cities, the agricultural powerhouse Central Valley, Hollywood and Silicon Valley which are some of the most important, most influential global entities in the world today. Not many places in the world can compete.

Imagine if California had the same median home prices as those states mentioned. Where would people be moving to in droves?

Last edited by mongozx; November 16th, 2010 at 04:27 AM.
mongozx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 10:16 PM   #77
Naga_Solidus

Likes (Received): 3

My answer is yes because I'm really biased.
Old December 30th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #78
ARIEL-CX12

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Corey- View Post
WHo's Mindy??
is this
ARIEL-CX12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2010, 08:09 AM   #79
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 14445

It boils down to personal preference. For scenery, anywhere in the far west looks rather good: California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, the Yukon, etc.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2010, 10:18 AM   #80
evany
skxawng by tsu'tey

Likes (Received): 69

LA HAPPY NEW YEAR...
evany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement