Midtown W. | General Developments Updates/Compilation - Page 9 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Northeast and MidAtlantic > Local Forums > New York City > Manhattan

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which do you like?
Brookfield Properties 25 65.79%
Extell Development Company 2 5.26%
Tishman Speyer Properties and Morgan Stanley 0 0%
Related Companies 7 18.42%
Durst Organization and Vornado Realty Trust 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 5th, 2008, 03:22 PM   #161
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 48634

Nice tower. Just a few m short of being a supertall.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 5th, 2008, 06:29 PM   #162
Skyscrapercitizen
TIMBY

Likes (Received): 6731

Amazing. Together with all those other projects there this is going to change this area dramatically in a few years only!
Old September 5th, 2008, 06:36 PM   #163
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3734

Wow. I love this design. I also love the subway station in front of it
[2018] > Oberjoch, Amsterdam, Detroit, Erfurt, Dresden, Görlitz, Nürnberg, Toronto, Niagara Falls, Grand Rapids, Denver, Colorado Springs, Heidelberg, Allgäu, Austria, Reims, Épernay, Bruges, Bodensee, Berlin, Vancouver, Kelowna, Banff
[2019] > Ulm, Strasbourg, Denver, Utah, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, Grand Canyon, Colorado Springs, Oklahoma City, Luzern, Interlaken, Grindelwald, Thun, Bern
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 5th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #164
Middle-Island

Whatever the national or even international recession is, the real estate market in NYC is still in the stratosphere. There are actually more projects now than ever before. None on hold that I know of. And after the fallout of Bear Stearns, that's pretty amazing. The financial markets the way they are, still make for a dark cloud on that horizon, though. Many lay-offs have occured already... more certainly forthcoming. That will likely take some steam out of the real estate market, eventually.
Old September 5th, 2008, 07:46 PM   #165
RON-E

Likes (Received): 35

nice building, although it looks like hearst took a different shape
RON-E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #166
Phobos

it's a cheap copy-paste of the Hearst Tower.
Old September 5th, 2008, 10:27 PM   #167
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6984

i don't understand you guys, why are you always talking about a "cheap-copy" because there are similaritis between towers
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2008, 10:32 PM   #168
koolkid

Likes (Received): 207

Agreed. Copy? Maybe...

Cheap? Now you're out of your mind...

As for me, I think it's okay. It'd look better without the flat top and with more setbacks.
Old September 5th, 2008, 10:48 PM   #169
NYCboy1212

Likes (Received): 2

Um i dont think every thing will be built. That would cause craziness. With the empire state building, girasole at 1000 ft and this one with the built up hudson yards it would be chaos. Manhattan will be so crowded.

be happy every american the dollar is rising again but not at a fast rate

http://ny.therealdeal.com/articles/f...clients-buying
NYCboy1212 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 12:07 AM   #170
fish

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
i don't understand you guys, why are you always talking about a "cheap-copy" because there are similaritis between towers
I find it complimentary when architects design buildings that look similar, yet different.

Also, most towers all look the same - simple boxes with very little thought put into the design itself.
Old September 6th, 2008, 01:02 AM   #171
nygirl

Likes (Received): 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCboy1212 View Post
Um i dont think every thing will be built. That would cause craziness. With the empire state building, girasole at 1000 ft and this one with the built up hudson yards it would be chaos. Manhattan will be so crowded.

be happy every american the dollar is rising again but not at a fast rate

http://ny.therealdeal.com/articles/f...clients-buying
This building is not a residential it is office. From my understanding the new west side will be mostly office buildings. The speculation in the article you provided has to do with residential towers not office space ( which is always needed) now apparently more than ever.
So when you say you don't think it will all get built you may be partially right but make no mistakes.... the west side is the last area where these things can really get built. I think there will be amazing projects that we will not get to see built and that there will be projects that will. There will be awful buildings that thankfully won't go up and awful buildings we will have to deal with. There will be major development and we have just begun to "clear our throats". NY may slow down sometime in the future but it will never disappear.. check our track record.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 06:19 AM   #172
Marco Polo

What a splendid design - this will be a supreme addition to this part of the city.
Marco Polo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 06:26 AM   #173
NYCboy1212

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl View Post
This building is not a residential it is office. From my understanding the new west side will be mostly office buildings. The speculation in the article you provided has to do with residential towers not office space ( which is always needed) now apparently more than ever.
So when you say you don't think it will all get built you may be partially right but make no mistakes.... the west side is the last area where these things can really get built. I think there will be amazing projects that we will not get to see built and that there will be projects that will. There will be awful buildings that thankfully won't go up and awful buildings we will have to deal with. There will be major development and we have just begun to "clear our throats". NY may slow down sometime in the future but it will never disappear.. check our track record.
but you missed my point, when i posted the link i was talking about how the dollar is beginning to rise in value, the website is just to give an example of how the dollar will grow. And it is unlikely they will have that many buildings so close to each other at almost 1000ft thats why they still have not chosen a design yet
NYCboy1212 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 07:14 AM   #174
Neutral!
In the brig

Location: ESTELI-Delft-Milan-Roma-BERLIN-NY-CHI-BCN-MAD-BIO-MIAMI-SEA-AMS-SF-LA-Moscu-München-LONDON-PARIS
Likes (Received): 2040

Delicious! It's time to replace all of those ugly brick buildings!

Excelsior New York!
Neutral! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #175
stewartrama

Likes (Received): 13

yea but i doubt hudson yards will be built anytime in the currunt future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
You have echoed my thoughts exactly!

Don't just look at this tower on its own, look at the overall vision of the West Side development including the #7 subway extension!
stewartrama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 04:13 PM   #176
ElVoltageDR
Happy to be here

Likes (Received): 72

What's crazy about having a bunch of 1000 foot buildings clos to each other? Isn't that what the WTC is going to be? 3 buildings over 1000 ft and on just short of it?
ElVoltageDR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #177
fish

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElVoltageDR View Post
What's crazy about having a bunch of 1000 foot buildings clos to each other? Isn't that what the WTC is going to be? 3 buildings over 1000 ft and on just short of it?
This will create a very interesting skyline.

On one hand, with Chicago, you have a few 1,000 footers spread out, where in NYC, you will have several 1,000 footers (spread out over the entire skyline), yet have clusters (Downtown and Midtown).
Old September 6th, 2008, 08:41 PM   #178
stewartrama

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElVoltageDR View Post
o yea i have no problem with that, in fact, i like the dense look. It's just that hudson yards has had so many financial problems that im skeptical it will be built in the next few years...
stewartrama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #179
fish

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartrama View Post
It's just that hudson yards has had so many financial problems that im skeptical it will be built in the next few years...
Oh, I can certainly understand your concern and in a way, I share your concerns as well.

However, I believe in hope, because that's all we have.

While the renders may not always come out as planned, the vision is the spirit that makes this hobby interesting.
Old September 6th, 2008, 11:59 PM   #180
ElVoltageDR
Happy to be here

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartrama View Post
o yea i have no problem with that, in fact, i like the dense look. It's just that hudson yards has had so many financial problems that im skeptical it will be built in the next few years...
I was actually referring to what someone else said. But yeah I do have those same concerns.
ElVoltageDR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
hudson yards, huge project, new york, nyc, related