Akili Tower | Upper Hill | 30 fl | Site Prep - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Nairobi Metro Region

Nairobi Metro Region Projects and construction in the Nairobi Metropolitan Region

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 27th, 2018, 03:53 PM   #101
abckris

Likes (Received): 2331

Isn't this thing on govt. land? Is it not on the same place AP camp used to be at or am I mistaken about this?
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 28th, 2018, 08:28 AM   #102
Sheperd

Likes (Received): 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by abckris View Post
Isn't this thing on govt. land? Is it not on the same place AP camp used to be at or am I mistaken about this?
Yes i think.It was part of the land allocated to East African community back in the 70's, after it collapsed it was taken over by the govt ministries.

Come to think of it, from Cathedral road, to Ragati to first Ngong avenue then to valley road/kenyatta avenue all that is government land how comes that lot is the odd one out. And yes, there used to be a police post and a kibanda for food we frequented back in 2005 tukitoka Kenya national library.
Sheperd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2018, 08:51 AM   #103
Mist™
Mist™

Likes (Received): 315

It can still be government land. Maybe the developer managed to secure a leasehold title from the government (lessor) this becoming the lessee most likely for 99 years.
Mist™ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 28th, 2018, 01:59 PM   #104
abckris

We need to ask more questions, whose the owner of that building and how did they acquire the right to build there? I recall that the govt. had planned to build immigration headquarters right there back in the 2000s, that’s actually when the AP camp was removed then the whole thing went quiet. Some rice is cooking there can you smell it?
Old September 28th, 2018, 02:37 PM   #105
Sheperd

Likes (Received): 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacmwanzia View Post

There is something wrong here. The signbpard says the architects are Lins Consult, however these are the architects https://richardkeep.com/AKILI-TOWER-NAIROBI

They have listed the client as Grassy Limited, yet this article says Frontier properties. http://africaarchitectureawards.com/...y/akili-tower/

Now after googling the above, there is nothing like grassy limited or frontier properties. Then, the architects Lin Consult, 'Lins Consult is located in K.P Flats Next To Milimani Hotel, Suite 19, Milimani Rd Nairobi", that is from an information board not website.

And lastly the consulting engineer, Otieno Odongo and partners. Defunct, now goes by the name COOPA Africa Consulting Engineering. Why not put that. The firm is owned by Maxwel Odongo, for those old enough you know the guy. Nuff said.

Therefore, considering this is a huge project, all these companies dont have an online presence? why put the wrong information on the sign board? Something is cooking.

Last edited by Sheperd; September 28th, 2018 at 02:47 PM.
Sheperd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2018, 03:21 PM   #106
Aliyejaliwa Kajaliwa

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheperd View Post
There is something wrong here. The signbpard says the architects are Lins Consult, however these are the architects https://richardkeep.com/AKILI-TOWER-NAIROBI

They have listed the client as Grassy Limited, yet this article says Frontier properties. http://africaarchitectureawards.com/...y/akili-tower/

Now after googling the above, there is nothing like grassy limited or frontier properties. Then, the architects Lin Consult, 'Lins Consult is located in K.P Flats Next To Milimani Hotel, Suite 19, Milimani Rd Nairobi", that is from an information board not website.

And lastly the consulting engineer, Otieno Odongo and partners. Defunct, now goes by the name COOPA Africa Consulting Engineering. Why not put that. The firm is owned by Maxwel Odongo, for those old enough you know the guy. Nuff said.

Therefore, considering this is a huge project, all these companies dont have an online presence? why put the wrong information on the sign board? Something is cooking.
Just research on the legitimacy of the title deed of the plot number provided on the board. Speculating on other aspects of the project won't help address your concerns.
Aliyejaliwa Kajaliwa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2018, 09:39 PM   #107
Adm.Adama

Likes (Received): 8995

By the way how's this progressing?

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Adm.Adama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2019, 09:06 PM   #108
zndetei

Likes (Received): 1130

They have removed the old perimeter fence and erected a new one around the project site. It seems they are ready to resume excavation that had be halted for several months.
Old August 7th, 2019, 08:53 AM   #109
Kenyan_yungin
💪 👊 ✊ ⚔ 😂

Likes (Received): 21984

Quote:
Originally Posted by zndetei View Post
They have removed the old perimeter fence and erected a new one around the project site. It seems they are ready to resume excavation that had be halted for several months.
asante for the update!
Kenyan_yungin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 11:08 AM   #110
ngara

Likes (Received): 116

This is a beautiful tower in a great location. Going by the presentation in post #69 it will not be fenced off and will interact with its surroundings. It's a mixed used development so it will bring some vibrancy to that area. That area is very lonely over the weekends.

andegwa, Adm.Adama, gikuyu liked this post
ngara no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2019, 08:22 AM   #111
gikuyu

Likes (Received): 38

my only fear is that it will be obscured by the upcoming building at All Saints.
gikuyu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2019, 01:29 PM   #112
zndetei

Likes (Received): 1130

Quote:
Originally Posted by zndetei View Post
Old August 8th, 2019, 01:44 PM   #113
abckris

Akili Tower | Upper Hill | 30 fl | Site Prep

Isn’t that government land ? That’s where the GSU camp used to be. That’s not private property. It’s right next to prison headquarters and NSSF. Wizi mtupu!
Old August 8th, 2019, 03:17 PM   #114
brian the real story

Likes (Received): 1763

Quote:
Isn’t that government land ? That’s where the GSU camp used to be. That’s not private property. It’s right next to prison headquarters and NSSF. Wizi mtupu!
Any proof,documentation or link to show what you stated above?....
Old August 8th, 2019, 03:29 PM   #115
Kijanamwafrika

Likes (Received): 723

Quote:
Do you have evidence?Even government sells to the public or buys from the public.I do not see anything wrong with that
Kijanamwafrika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2019, 05:01 PM   #116
abckris

Government is required by law to advertise any property/assets it wishes to sell. I never heard anything about this. Granted I am a single individual, so I may have missed it, but given the location of this building such an advert could have caught the eyes of MPs and we would have all heard about it in the news. It's right there in the midst of government buildings, and back in the Coalition Govt. the govt. wanted to build the Immigration Headquarters at that same spot. In fact that's why the GSU camp was moved. That's the short history to support my doubts. Given the history it is reasonable to think this way. I wish land records were online. I/you would just go online and check the history of ownership of land parcels.
Old August 8th, 2019, 05:28 PM   #117
Kijanamwafrika

Likes (Received): 723

Quote:
Government is required by law to advertise any property/assets it wishes to sell. I never heard anything about this. Granted I am a single individual, so I may have missed it, but given the location of this building such an advert could have caught the eyes of MPs and we would have all heard about it in the news. It's right there in the midst of government buildings, and back in the Coalition Govt. the govt. wanted to build the Immigration Headquarters at that same spot. In fact that's why the GSU camp was moved. That's the short history to support my doubts. Given the history it is reasonable to think this way. I wish land records were online. I/you would just go online and check the history of ownership of land parcels.
Just because you did not see it does not mean it is not there.You need to look more before you become an alarmist and make unsubstantiated claims like a certain blogger
Old August 8th, 2019, 05:54 PM   #118
abckris

Got it. Do you all have it? And what's wrong with being alarmist? That's just a label. The truth matters more. Fact is, I don't have it and no one here has it. I am just stating that I doubt the legitimacy of the ownership. If I had the means I'd go to court to require it to be produced for all to see in the interest of the public and that of the freedom of information, and then a judge would order it be seen. I shall not be bullied here, for writing what's on my mind. I have a right to question suspect things.
Old August 8th, 2019, 06:01 PM   #119
brian the real story

Likes (Received): 1763

Relax,you are not bullied man,just told to back up what you are saying.Plain and simple

Kenya Patriot liked this post
brian the real story no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2019, 07:40 PM   #120
abckris

It will be coming here, or elsewhere, from me or someone else. Watch this space. But, in the mean time, what are you defending about this matter? Are you pro land grabbing for private use or what is your interest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement