LIMURU | Tilisi Estates | U/C - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Nairobi Metro Region

Nairobi Metro Region Projects and construction in the Nairobi Metropolitan Region

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 20th, 2015, 12:51 AM   #1
Adm.Adama

Likes (Received): 9000

LIMURU | Tilisi Estates | U/C

Quote:
Property developer Tilisi Developments Ltd has launched a 400-acre mixed use real-estate development in Kiambu that will have more than 3,200 houses and a logistics park.

The first phase of the new Limuru Housing Estate will involve construction of common-use infrastructure, apartments, maisonettes and townhouses. Apartments will eventually number 2,000, with the rest being townhouses and maisonettes.

The developer has set aside 178 acres for the residential houses, 85 acres for the logistics centre and eight acres for schools.

Tilisi co-chief executive Kavit Shah said the logistics centre will mainly target companies with insufficient warehousing capacity.

According to Mr Shah, the centre will host light industries, warehouse and repackaging facilities, shops, petrol stations, parks and public service vehicle bays.

“We see the Tilisi logistics estate as a key contributor to Kenya’s economic growth and success, with many companies now suffering insufficient warehousing capacity and insufficient access to facilities for repackaging and dispatch,” said Mr Shah.

The logistics park will have 17 five-acre lots for the warehouses and packaging centres, each with its own shops, petrol stations and bus bays.

While the plan allows for individuals to put up housing units, Tilisi will continue to manage the estate, providing garbage collection services, water and power supply, roads and drainage, street lighting and CCTV.

“We are also in advanced negotiations with Kiambu County and Kenya Railways to ensure we can get a commuter station on the eastern side of our suburb,” he added.

Tilisi is an alliance of developers including shareholders of Chigwell Holdings, Greenspan Investments and Solitaire Developments.
Source

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Adm.Adama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2015, 12:57 AM   #2
Adm.Adama

Tilisi Masterplan

Groundbreaking for the first phase of the project will happen on 20th May, 2015

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Old May 20th, 2015, 01:07 AM   #3
Adm.Adama

Tilisi Valley

Quote:
[CENTER]Tilisi Valley is the first of the residential precincts to be unlocked providing investors with the opportunity to purchase 5-acre parcels and build up to 40 residential units an acre.

– Research suggests that developing within a controlled and managed community results in a 44% increase in sales price of the development.
– Tilisi residents will enjoy community living and benefit from a private, green and secure environment. Tilisi will offer a holistic lifestyle where residents can walk to work or school, shop and relax all within the same vicinity.
– Nairobi has the longest traffic jams of any city in the world, with commuters spending an average of 2.1 hours a day in traffic. Tilisi offers a community away from the noise and congestion of Nairobi, and is only 25 kilometres from Westlands
– Land prices have risen five fold since 2007, making it increasingly difficult to purchase land, develop it and get generous returns in Nairobi.
– The advent of county governments has resulted in the transfer of professionals to the county level, especially in Kiambu County, one of the fastest growing counties in Kenya. While there is this influx of workforce, there are few quality housing units for its population. This area is, therefore, a gold mine for investors interested in housing.[/CENTER]

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC

Kenyan_yungin, Mistah ILL WILL liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2015, 01:15 AM   #4
Adm.Adama

Tilisi Logistic Park

Tilisi Logistic Park

Quote:
Tilisi Logistics Park is our Works Precinct offering investors 5-acre parcels for light industrial and logistics developments in a clean, organised environment supported by quality infrastructure.

Tilisi Logistics Park will also be supported with facilities such as matatu lay-bys, a refueling station, localised shops and canteens to further benefit the staff and operations of Tilisi.

– Efficient logistics and business parks require a quality and well-planned infrastructure framework, which Tilisi is providing.
– Tilisi Logistics Park can be accessed from two key roads – the Nairobi–Nakuru Highway and Ngecha Chunga Mali road. The impending upgrade of both these roads and the newly constructed Southern and Northern Bypasses, which are both 10 minutes away from Tilisi, will further enhance flow of traffic and transit of goods.
– Tilisi Logistics Park offers a much more affordable land price in comparison to other industrial zones such as Mombasa Road, Industrial Area and Baba Dogo Road.
– Nairobi has the longest traffic jams of any city in the world, with commuters spending an average of 2.1 hours a day in traffic – vehicle trip times are projected to increase by 148% in central Nairobi between 2004 and 2025.

– Over 40% of businesses in Central Nairobi report extra costs from traffic congestion. Tilisi Logistics Park offers a location where efficient and productive business can take place, away from the noise and congestion of Nairobi, yet only 30km from Nairobi´s CBD.
– Most existing logistics sites do not meet the needs of companies and multinationals coming into the market. Tilisi is one of the few unique developments offering serviced parcels for investors to develop suitable logistics parks.
– Kenya is the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world.
– Research suggests that developing within a controlled and managed scheme results in a 44% increase in the sales price of the development.

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Old May 20th, 2015, 01:26 AM   #5
Adm.Adama

Tilis Education Center

Tilisi School

More renders.

A few high profile companies have decided to make shop here including a second Radisson Blu Hotel and many more to come.

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC

jeremyt liked this post
Old May 20th, 2015, 01:28 AM   #6
Adm.Adama

And if anyone has time to spare read the project study Tilisi Report

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC

shizm liked this post
Old May 20th, 2015, 01:39 AM   #7
royco mchuzi

Likes (Received): 1604

pewa mbili! Nice find.I love this mixed developments coming up.Hope this guys can be confident enough to set aside like 30 acres for a 'downtown' for business/tech/office parks. I don't see why companies wouldn't move there if we had quality offices.25 km from nrb CBD is nothing, if we can get our roads and rail right.
royco mchuzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 08:08 AM   #8
Mintali
Engineer d's art't enjoys

Likes (Received): 2300

Wow.....this one is awesome

A man's got to have a code
Mintali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 10:16 AM   #9
Mkufuu

Likes (Received): 0

It looks interesting, have they begun sales?
Mkufuu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 05:25 PM   #10
CaspertheDj
ici maintenant & toujours

Likes (Received): 1507

ADM...this looks very much like the Aberdare City you had reported back in February 2015. Seems they have rebranded
CaspertheDj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 09:47 PM   #11
Adm.Adama

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaspertheDj View Post
ADM...this looks very much like the Aberdare City you had reported back in February 2015. Seems they have rebranded
They kinda look alike. But i promise you they are two very different projects.

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Old May 20th, 2015, 11:16 PM   #12
CaspertheDj
ici maintenant & toujours

Likes (Received): 1507

The more I review the more I believe it is the same project. Look at the shape of the land on the masterplan below, and compare that with the map of Aberdare City. The same roads appear on both maps (Ngecha Chunga Mali road and Limuru road).

[QUOTE=Adm.Adama;124122904]
Tilisi Masterplan

CaspertheDj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 11:39 PM   #13
Adm.Adama

Oh yeah i forgot about that project i posted on the Kiambu thread. I thought you were talking about Aberdare Hills project.

So the project was rebranded

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Old May 21st, 2015, 03:00 AM   #14
royco mchuzi

Likes (Received): 1604

I don't like that they've allocated only 8 acres for schools.
royco mchuzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 08:01 AM   #15
Mintali
Engineer d's art't enjoys

Likes (Received): 2300

Saw it in today's paper

A man's got to have a code
Mintali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 05:23 AM   #16
Adm.Adama

Ground breaking so this project is officially U/C

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Old May 22nd, 2015, 05:25 AM   #17
Adm.Adama

Flythrough renders of the entire development.

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Old May 22nd, 2015, 10:39 AM   #18
brian the real story

Likes (Received): 1765

With all these developments coming to kiambu what am afraid of is that the vegetation and the trees will disappear.that's what I love about kiambu.I hope there is a way they will balance these developments plus the forest cover
Old May 22nd, 2015, 05:35 PM   #19
andegwa

Likes (Received): 4936

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian the real story View Post
With all these developments coming to kiambu what am afraid of is that the vegetation and the trees will disappear.that's what I love about kiambu.I hope there is a way they will balance these developments plus the forest cover
Correct me if i'm wrong, but most of these residential developments are going on land that was either idle, or formally farmland (e.g. coffee plantations). I could argue that the tree cover going into the green/park sections of these housing developments are actually adding to the tree cover in this part of Kiambu
Old May 22nd, 2015, 06:14 PM   #20
african
thenairobidude

Likes (Received): 6611

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian the real story View Post
With all these developments coming to Kiambu what am afraid of is that the vegetation and the trees will disappear.that's what I love about kiambu. I hope there is a way they will balance these developments plus the forest cover
Most urbanisation/new city developments should be taken East and South of Nairobi cause those areas are way drier, that way we keep the green cover and develop the country. Problem is all new developers want to go to Kiambu. So the government should redirect new city development to Kajiado which is large and empty (trust me I know, I've seen the place) and Machakos which is also largely empty but nothing compared to Kajiado.

brian the real story liked this post
african no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement