LIMURU | Tilisi Estates | U/C - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Nairobi Metro Region

Nairobi Metro Region Projects and construction in the Nairobi Metropolitan Region

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 22nd, 2015, 08:01 PM   #21
brian the real story

Likes (Received): 1761

couldn't agree more..
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2015, 09:35 PM   #22
primezz

Likes (Received): 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by african View Post
Most urbanisation/new city developments should be taken East and South of Nairobi cause those areas are way drier, that way we keep the green cover and develop the country. Problem is all new developers want to go to Kiambu. So the government should redirect new city development to Kajiado which is large and empty (trust me I know, I've seen the place) and Machakos which is also largely empty but nothing compared to Kajiado.
Yep!
We chopping down trees and coffee bushes for residential developments. As much as I like the developments, but using agricultural rich land for such is not the best way when we have vast unused land in the areas you just mentioned.

Malaika254 liked this post
primezz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2015, 04:21 AM   #23
andegwa

Likes (Received): 4935

Haha it's cute what you guys are saying.. the naivety is almost touching...

The fact of the matter is, building in Kiambu provides much higher returns than building in any of the other surroundings in Nairobi, due to the higher prices that are commanded here... as you are all aware, investemts heads towards where the money is and no amount of sentimentality will change that...

Unless the govt, either county or national, offers tax breaks and other incentives to build in other areas, don't expect any of these big money investments anytime soon in those areas.

I apologize for the condescending tone but we all know it's true
andegwa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2015, 06:09 AM   #24
african
thenairobidude

Likes (Received): 6605

Quote:
Originally Posted by andegwa View Post
Haha it's cute what you guys are saying.. the naivety is almost touching...

The fact of the matter is, building in Kiambu provides much higher returns than building in any of the other surroundings in Nairobi, due to the higher prices that are commanded here... as you are all aware, investemts heads towards where the money is and no amount of sentimentality will change that...

Unless the govt, either county or national, offers tax breaks and other incentives to build in other areas, don't expect any of these big money investments anytime soon in those areas.

I apologize for the condescending tone but we all know it's true
Big money investors are already building in the Machakos area..... (dont start asking for pics pls we are from the same country)

The houses are just as nice as those ones in Kiambu.

Only difference is that most housing in Machakos is cheaper. So more of ur countrymen get to live in decent housing. It helps Kenya's global image (since you didn't know) and guarantees that people don't always see Kibera as the Nairobi's global image since housing becomes more affordable for the common mwananchi.

The aim was to talk about the development of the housing in Nairobi metro not how Kiambu has such high returns.

Kiambu can keep the high returns and get rid of the forest cover. However, if we want to see an actual developed Kenya we should really try and develop the country all over.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 02:37 PM   #25
BenjaminEli
Shrewd

Likes (Received): 18603

Nairobi on fire nice

http://www.lamudi.co.ke/developments...ale/q:nairobi/

Zaz965 liked this post
BenjaminEli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2015, 07:17 PM   #26
andegwa

Quote:
Big money investors are already building in the Machakos area..... (dont start asking for pics pls we are from the same country)

The houses are just as nice as those ones in Kiambu.

Only difference is that most housing in Machakos is cheaper. So more of ur countrymen get to live in decent housing. It helps Kenya's global image (since you didn't know) and guarantees that people don't always see Kibera as the Nairobi's global image since housing becomes more affordable for the common mwananchi.

The aim was to talk about the development of the housing in Nairobi metro not how Kiambu has such high returns.

Kiambu can keep the high returns and get rid of the forest cover. However, if we want to see an actual developed Kenya we should really try and develop the country all over.
I'm sorry, so what you are telling me is that machakos is getting housing developments of the caliber of this tilisi upmarket mixed use development? That's just not true, the residents in that area just don't have the purchasing power to justify that..... just yet.

Of course people are building in machakos, that goes without saying,just not this kind of developments. I do have to give it to the gov Mutua for providing an envt. where this is even happening

As far as people seeing Kibera as Nairobi's image, that image will maintain as long as the world media concentrates on that image, and no amount of building will change that, you should know that the west is simply obsessed with showing negative images of Africa not matter how much we progress. pole msee

Anyway I'll stop derailing this thread, carry on...
Old May 23rd, 2015, 08:04 PM   #27
royco mchuzi

Likes (Received): 1601

I'm also of the view that we should save our farm lands.There are drier parts of kiambu like thika,kU area that could be used for this projects.Also the other side of Nairobi.I hope the Nssf mavoko project gets constructed. Kajiado is suitable too for these projects. Also hope we can maximize use of land in Nrb.Lets see 20-30 storey apts in places like river road and Ngara.And hope eventually with time ,some of the buildings in umoja and zimmerman will be brought down to pave way for better highrise buildings..
royco mchuzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2015, 09:13 PM   #28
Kijanamwafrika

Likes (Received): 723

Limuru does not have that many coffee/tea farms like say Kericho and they are becoming lesser in Kiambu because the business is not that profitable any more and many losses/debts are accruing to many farms.Real estate is the money maker and it is not by default more are turning to it
Kijanamwafrika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 06:01 AM   #29
african
thenairobidude

Quote:
I'm sorry, so what you are telling me is that machakos is getting housing developments of the caliber of this tilisi upmarket mixed use development? That's just not true, the residents in that area just don't have the purchasing power to justify that..... just yet.

Of course people are building in machakos, that goes without saying,just not this kind of developments. I do have to give it to the gov Mutua for providing an envt. where this is even happening

As far as people seeing Kibera as Nairobi's image, that image will maintain as long as the world media concentrates on that image, and no amount of building will change that, you should know that the west is simply obsessed with showing negative images of Africa not matter how much we progress. pole msee

Anyway I'll stop derailing this thread, carry on...
I said that houses in Machakos are just as nice as those in Kiambu only that they are more affordable to people. I never said that they were at the same price what I did say was that the housing was just as nice as those being built in Kiambu.

Look at my reply, I said big money investors were investing in Machakos. Big money investors who come with the same nice housing as Kiambu but its cheaper since its in Machakos.
Old May 27th, 2015, 06:51 PM   #30
andegwa

Quote:
I said that houses in Machakos are just as nice as those in Kiambu only that they are more affordable to people. I never said that they were at the same price what I did say was that the housing was just as nice as those being built in Kiambu.

Look at my reply, I said big money investors were investing in Machakos. Big money investors who come with the same nice housing as Kiambu but its cheaper since its in Machakos.
No need to be so defensive.. At the risk of derailing this thread further, can you post a link to the privately initiated mixed use developments of the scope and size of this and the other developments in Kiambu, that you claim are being started in Machakos county.. This is a serious question, since I may be ignorant to large mixed use developments shaping up in Machakos of this size, if indeed they do have them....
Old May 27th, 2015, 10:13 PM   #31
african
thenairobidude

Quote:
No need to be so defensive.. At the risk of derailing this thread further, can you post a link to the privately initiated mixed use developments of the scope and size of this and the other developments in Kiambu, that you claim are being started in Machakos county.. This is a serious question, since I may be ignorant to large mixed use developments shaping up in Machakos of this size, if indeed they do have them....
Dude did u even read what I wrote the first time?

And why do they have to be private developments.

Arent developments just developments?

Here's what I've found so far MKS Development Projects Just so that we don't derail the thread
Old May 27th, 2015, 11:42 PM   #32
andegwa

Quote:
Dude did u even read what I wrote the first time?

And why do they have to be private developments.

Arent developments just developments?

Here's what I've found so far MKS Development Projects Just so that we don't derail the thread
Like I said, no need to get so defensive, simple links like this would have settled the debate a long time ago.. btw i like how you formatted the projects, clear and concise way to present facts...

There are indeed projects coming up in Machakos which also plays to my earlier comment where I commended Gov Mutua for providing the conducive environment to build these projects, but it still doesn't change the fact that Kiambu will be the destination of choice due to its insane ROI.. although I will acknowledge Macha is catching up esp. if the proposed projects kick off

african liked this post
Old June 2nd, 2015, 10:22 AM   #33
malcom me

Likes (Received): 198

kiambu is the next big thing lol...
malcom me no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 11:09 AM   #34
brian the real story

hey guys , does anyone know the progress of this development??
Old February 9th, 2017, 09:06 PM   #35
Wildbeest

Likes (Received): 1214

As per their website,infrastructure for the Logistics Park should commence in Q1 2017.Some company,Africa Logistics Properties has already signed a deal to acquire 49 acres of Tilisi Logistics Park.
Wildbeest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 05:46 AM   #36
katembu

Likes (Received): 32

No activity on ground apart from construction starting soon sign board.
katembu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 06:25 AM   #37
Kavit

Likes (Received): 1

Construction of the infrastructure will be starting in July. The first phase will be around 90 acres of logistics park, of which 50 acres is sold to ALP.

batuzpisces liked this post
Kavit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2017, 12:20 PM   #38
brian the real story

ALP Unveils Kenya’s first ever grade A warehousing parks

May 16, 2017 Kenyan WallStreet Kenyan News(Source)

Africa Logistics Properties (ALP) has today announced the launch of Kenya’s first ever grade A logistics and distribution parks for the international and local occupier rental market in order to improve much needed supply chain infrastructure in the country.

The company today announced two land purchases situated in the North and West outskirts of Nairobi, unveiling the purchase of 22 acres at Tatu City, in Ruiru, and 49 acres from Tilisi, towards Limuru.

The two warehouse parks will offer international standard warehousing to multinational and local regional companies in the logistics, retail, light industrial, FMCG and e-commerce sectors.

Kenya is among many African nations suffering losses on inadequate warehousing facilities, with the cost of moving goods in Africa estimated to be up to three times higher than in developed countries, accounting for as much as 75 per cent of retail prices.

“Economic development in Africa now rests significantly on the development of modern grade A industrial and logistics warehouses, which we are moving to build across targeted African capital cities, beginning with Nairobi,” said Toby Selman, the Co-Founder and CEO of Africa Logistics Properties (ALP).

“We have now started construction at the Tatu site, while the construction of infrastructure and road junctions at our western Nairobi site is due to commence in the coming months.”

The design specifications for the ALP warehouses conform with international building standards. “Once complete, the units will also be managed to international property management standards by ALP’s team,’ said Selman.

The company expects to create up to 500 jobs in each of its new warehousing parks.

At Tatu, ALP will be creating 50,000 sqm of grade A warehouse space, to be called ALP North. It has, this month, also agreed terms with an international company for the park’s first rental lease, for 14,000 sqm of warehousing, in Kenya’s largest industrial lease to date.

Each warehouse will provide raised loading bays, 12m high operating eaves, large column grids of 12 x 24 metres, high load capacity, laser levelled flooring together with large high capacity truck yards and parking.

Occupier service charges will also be lower than traditional ‘godowns’, thanks to environmental features such as solar power – with mains and generator back up – and rainwater harvesting.

ALP recently completed the first closing of its oversubscribed initial fundraising, raising $50m from CDC Group, the UK’s development finance institution, and from IFC, a member of the World Bank Group.

Other institutional investors include Maris, a Nairobi based private investment business focused on sub-Saharan Africa, and Mbuyu Capital Partners, an African focused UK based asset manager. ALP also announced last week a $4m investment by DOB Equity, a leading Dutch family office, closing its initial round of equity investments.

The scale and speed of the investor engagement has been driven by the expected economic impact of ALP’s investments and the ALP’s team deep sector experience and execution capability.

ALP’s management team has 40 year experience in developing modern warehousing across emerging markets, having previously built 1.5 million square metres of modern warehousing across Eastern Europe.
Old September 8th, 2017, 09:05 AM   #39
katembu

Seems work has began:

Source
Old September 17th, 2017, 01:19 PM   #40
katembu

entrance to TILISI under construction. Photo taken standing on the road (Nakuru nairobi highway)

Adm.Adama liked this post
katembu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement