88 Nairobi | Upper Hill | 44 fl | U/C - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Nairobi Metro Region

Nairobi Metro Region Projects and construction in the Nairobi Metropolitan Region


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 13th, 2018, 09:25 AM   #121
Jim The Scribe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 606
Likes (Received): 175

There's a bill board depicting the project along limuru road as you enter town.Sparing nothing in giving it publicity
Jim The Scribe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 13th, 2018, 09:35 AM   #122
Dude254
Registered User
 
Dude254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PITTSBURG UNIVERSITY,PENNSYLVANIA
Posts: 962
Likes (Received): 458

New heights 218 metres
714 feet tall,according to their wikipedia page.
Taller than the upcoming Avic and Hotel Hilton in The Pinnacle complex.
__________________
Dude254 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 03:58 PM   #123
andegwa
Registered User
 
andegwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,675
Likes (Received): 4936

Link to the Wiki page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_Nai...dominium_Tower

A 216 meter height would represent an average floor to ceiling height of almost 5 meters, which is obscene for a residential building. Something doesn't quite add up here.

There were reports last week that started referring this building as the second tallest .. now this revision.

With that said, offering condos in this building, in this location at a price point of 110-350K is not bad in my opinion...
__________________
You speak to me, as if you're not in the presence of death.
~DIAMONDBACK
andegwa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 13th, 2018, 05:05 PM   #124
Kenyan_yungin
💪 👊 ✊ ⚔ 😂
 
Kenyan_yungin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 9,303
Likes (Received): 22001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude254 View Post
New heights 218 metres
714 feet tall,according to their wikipedia page.
Taller than the upcoming Avic and Hotel Hilton in The Pinnacle complex.

Fingers crossed, would be great if this turned out to be true.
Kenyan_yungin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 07:33 PM   #125
Adm.Adama
Registered User
 
Adm.Adama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sugoii & Baka
Posts: 12,327
Likes (Received): 8999

Quote:
Originally Posted by andegwa View Post
Link to the Wiki page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_Nai...dominium_Tower

A 216 meter height would represent an average floor to ceiling height of almost 5 meters, which is obscene for a residential building. Something doesn't quite add up here.

There were reports last week that started referring this building as the second tallest .. now this revision.

With that said, offering condos in this building, in this location at a price point of 110-350K is not bad in my opinion...
Well, that doesn't sound right.

5-meter buildings that's about 16 feet high. Those will be very high apartments...

Maybe they'll build the building on a high pedestal. Since they'll be no underground parking.
__________________
"In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Adm.Adama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 08:01 PM   #126
royco mchuzi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,275
Likes (Received): 1604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adm.Adama View Post
Well, that doesn't sound right.

5-meter buildings that's about 16 feet high. Those will be very high apartments...

Maybe they'll build the building on a high pedestal. Since they'll be no underground parking.
Now that you have put it in feet ig makes sense.Just googled the ceiling height for most luxury apts. Trend now in NY and big cities is verticle space, with ceiling heights of up to 20' with average of about 12'according to realtor.com. So at 16' minus say 3'-5' for the actual concrete floor slab and crawl ceiling space for ammenities, makes a lot of sense. Another way of looking at it is that one floor might have an apt with two floors. Look closely at pics of their showroom, you will notice stair case. One sure way of confirming this is pics. If anyone is around this area ingia showroom.
royco mchuzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 08:04 PM   #127
Foxbat101
Registered User
 
Foxbat101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 275
Likes (Received): 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adm.Adama View Post
Well, that doesn't sound right.

5-meter buildings that's about 16 feet high. Those will be very high apartments...

Maybe they'll build the building on a high pedestal. Since they'll be no underground parking.
They expressly stated that the apartments would have very high ceilings. Check the description on the webpage.

"Specification

The Residences
...
finest wood finishes and elegant metal fittings with high-quality natural stone countertop.

-High ceilings in Living Rooms and Bedrooms.
Bespoke crafted and good quality wardrobes in all bedrooms.

...


although the degree to over 200m still sounds strange tho
Foxbat101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 08:05 PM   #128
royco mchuzi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,275
Likes (Received): 1604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbeest View Post
Sorry for quoting the pics but if you look closely you will see a staircase.This could be just one apt.
royco mchuzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 09:00 PM   #129
Adm.Adama
Registered User
 
Adm.Adama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sugoii & Baka
Posts: 12,327
Likes (Received): 8999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat101 View Post
They expressly stated that the apartments would have very high ceilings. Check the description on the webpage.

"Specification

The Residences
...
finest wood finishes and elegant metal fittings with high-quality natural stone countertop.

-High ceilings in Living Rooms and Bedrooms.
Bespoke crafted and good quality wardrobes in all bedrooms.

...


although the degree to over 200m still sounds strange tho
Yeah, I got that but I was more thinking that the apartment heights would gradually increase the higher it gets. Like the Penthouse would super luxurious. As long as it broke the 200m barrier that's good enough for me and would like to see the momentum continuing.

So if the apartments will all be having high ceilings then the apartment prices are very lucrative. In NYC such a highrise Condos would be going for over $1m+++++++
__________________
"In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Adm.Adama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 11:30 PM   #130
zaqaah
Registered User
 
zaqaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adm.Adama View Post
??

No, I'm not sentimental. Wondering if they could possess treasures like old furniture etc.
Not sure about such kind of treasures but definitely re-usables like stones, finishes like parquet and wood blocks, doors etc. Nowadays they don't make them like they used to
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The purest treasure mortal times afford, is a spotless reputation; that away, men are but gilded loam or painted clay.
zaqaah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 11:43 PM   #131
Adm.Adama
Registered User
 
Adm.Adama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sugoii & Baka
Posts: 12,327
Likes (Received): 8999

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaqaah View Post
Not sure about such kind of treasures but definitely re-usables like stones, finishes like parquet and wood blocks, doors etc. Nowadays they don't make them like they used to
This is indeed true.

The wooden doors if they haven't been eaten away by termites are really valuable. So if they can save these and reintegrate them into the building and offer a bit of something different could be really cool.
__________________
"In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Adm.Adama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 11:56 PM   #132
zaqaah
Registered User
 
zaqaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by royco mchuzi View Post
Now that you have put it in feet ig makes sense.Just googled the ceiling height for most luxury apts. Trend now in NY and big cities is verticle space, with ceiling heights of up to 20' with average of about 12'according to realtor.com. So at 16' minus say 3'-5' for the actual concrete floor slab and crawl ceiling space for ammenities, makes a lot of sense. Another way of looking at it is that one floor might have an apt with two floors. Look closely at pics of their showroom, you will notice stair case. One sure way of confirming this is pics. If anyone is around this area ingia showroom.
Those NY condos must be going for a bomb...considering that location and expected roi ... unless they are not so keen on the latter. But its expected given the pull effect the big apple has on deep pocketed companies and individuals. For 88 given the floated rates it would be a long shot to have such ceiling heights on all levels. Probably GF and some other levels like the penthouses could have double or triple volume heights. Agree that 218 still sounds exaggerated on this. Wondering if the 44 is for GF + above and excludes below the podium which from the model looks like some parking levels. 44 floors in 88 Nairobi also sounds good from a marketing perspective as opposed to 48 or 52...no?
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The purest treasure mortal times afford, is a spotless reputation; that away, men are but gilded loam or painted clay.
zaqaah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 08:33 AM   #133
zaqaah
Registered User
 
zaqaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Likes (Received): 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JE2...ature=youtu.be


Looks like the apartments are on the upper floor only. Ground floor is sales
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The purest treasure mortal times afford, is a spotless reputation; that away, men are but gilded loam or painted clay.
zaqaah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 08:42 AM   #134
Kenyan_yungin
💪 👊 ✊ ⚔ 😂
 
Kenyan_yungin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 9,303
Likes (Received): 22001





__________________

zacmwanzia, CaspertheDj, Adm.Adama liked this post
Kenyan_yungin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 08:46 AM   #135
brian the real story
Registered User
 
brian the real story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NAIROBI
Posts: 4,074
Likes (Received): 1765

Temporary,Meaning fairview proposal hopefully is still intact plus i hope they build a humongous office building just like how they surprised us with this one,to add,cant we have our own interior designers furnish the houses instead of the turkish ones?...to me that would be uplifting many kenyan interior business owners
__________________
A Pledge Of Allegiance To The Representation Of The 254

vfG, Paul Gwe liked this post
brian the real story no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 10:11 AM   #136
Kenyan_yungin
💪 👊 ✊ ⚔ 😂
 
Kenyan_yungin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 9,303
Likes (Received): 22001

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian the real story View Post
cant we have our own interior designers furnish the houses instead of the turkish ones?...to me that would be uplifting many kenyan interior business owners

True, that would have been an easy win for them, missed opportunity to show their support for local businesses.Kenya has great interior designers.
Kenyan_yungin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 12:00 PM   #137
CaspertheDj
ici maintenant & toujours
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Nairobi
Posts: 1,602
Likes (Received): 1506

I see they are trying to incorporate a Digital Assistant Alexa via the Amazon Echo dot. I would challenge them to go the full hog and turn these apartments to be fully smart apartments where you electronically control appliances with your voice.
CaspertheDj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 05:45 PM   #138
constructionist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 309
Likes (Received): 159

She had me cringing when she called called it a smart home then called Alexa... wow.. very low standards of what a smart home actually is.
constructionist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 06:17 PM   #139
Kenyan_yungin
💪 👊 ✊ ⚔ 😂
 
Kenyan_yungin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 9,303
Likes (Received): 22001

yeah that was a bit cringeworthy.

Amazon Echo( 1 gen) is just $40 , so that was an unnecessary gimmick.

But I like the fact they're going all out in their marketing, kinda shows that they're actually pretty serious.
__________________

Adm.Adama liked this post
Kenyan_yungin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 06:55 PM   #140
african
thenairobidude
 
african's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Nairobi
Posts: 3,386
Likes (Received): 6611

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConstrucReview View Post
The construction of the tallest private residential building in sub-Saharan Africa has begun. International real estate development and investment company, Lordship Africa recently broke ground for the project.

...

Read more: Construction of tallest private residential building in sub-Saharan Africa starts
Nice stuff.

Hoping it hits 200 metres like people are saying but floors will need to be at least 3.4 - 3.5 metres so that it can hit 150 metres.
__________________
african no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us